ImageImageImage

Trade Discussion 22/23

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,951

Re: Trade Discussion 20/21 

Post#1221 » by Archx » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:12 pm

Absinthe wrote:Did the Mavs have any shot at getting Randle? Ironically, he would have been a much better fit than Porzingis and for much cheaper.

I remember people fighting me 1.5 year ago when i wanted him when he was a FA. He would have fit great with Doncic. Strong, can creat his own shot, can knock down 3's, just overal versatile on offense and defense, can also grab rebounds etc...
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,815

Post#1222 » by dirkforpres » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:15 pm

Absinthe wrote:Did the Mavs have any shot at getting Randle? Ironically, he would have been a much better fit than Porzingis and for much cheaper.

Yes they did, and our brilliant GM Donnie Nelson didn’t even make a call, despite Randle publicly saying he would like to play in his home city.
FIRE JASON KIDD
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#1223 » by arkuo » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:36 pm

dirkforpres wrote:

Yes they did, and our brilliant GM Donnie Nelson didn’t even make a call, despite Randle publicly saying he would like to play in his home city.

Cuban had wet dreams for Giannis then. That's why he passed on Randle.
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#1224 » by Pinkyring » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:38 pm

Arc gthx wrote:

I remember people fighting me 1.5 year ago when i wanted him when he was a FA. He would have fit great with Doncic. Strong, can creat his own shot, can knock down 3's, just overal versatile on offense and defense, can also grab rebounds etc...

Dude Randle didn't become a good 3 point shooter until this year, before that he was undersized bruiser that was a black hole on offense and a sieve defensively
Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 726

Post#1225 » by Mike lorenzo » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:44 pm

What would Toronto think of...
KP + Brunson + Green for Lowry (ST) / Anunoby / Boucher
1+1=11
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,369

Post#1226 » by Mavrelous » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:56 pm

Toronto won't do it.
KP's value is at all time low, either you don't trade him or accept the fact you're not getting something of value in return.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Bluelabel24
Junior
And1: 51

Post#1227 » by Bluelabel24 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:00 am

KhalilS wrote:Toronto won't do it.
KP's value is at all time low, either you don't trade him or accept the fact you're not getting something of value in return.

this is really tough with KP. i dont want to trade him and want him and luka to be champs one day. But as time goes by thats seems more unlikely, his play and overall energy out there is arguably doing more harm than good to the team. Thats also why im hoping we get an interview from someone on the training staff, maybe Casey, i wanna know if these guys, specifically KP is following the regimen and directions they've been given. 2 of our stars are having problems with their body, other is too weak and other is too chubby. They ought to step up right now.
Bluelabel24
Junior

Post#1228 » by Bluelabel24 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:06 am

also for those interested this is KP working with Colker(Dr who trained with shaq) a few years back..

fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Post#1229 » by fuller4379 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:52 am

Luka needs to feed KP for the rest of this season and let him take every uncontested rebound. Try to get him to average 30/15 for the rest of the season to increase his trade value.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,011

Post#1230 » by Mr B » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:03 am

dirkforpres wrote:

Yup, facts. He was free for a while too wasn’t he? The Mavs have never shown any interest in Randle and I have no idea why. Especially after saying he wanted to play here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,951

Post#1231 » by Archx » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:38 am

Bluelabel24 wrote:

this is really tough with KP. i dont want to trade him and want him and luka to be champs one day. But as time goes by thats seems more unlikely, his play and overall energy out there is arguably doing more harm than good to the team. Thats also why im hoping we get an interview from someone on the training staff, maybe Casey, i wanna know if these guys, specifically KP is following the regimen and directions they've been given. 2 of our stars are having problems with their body, other is too weak and other is too chubby. They ought to step up right now.

Problem with KP is, he's not aggressive, he's not drawing many fouls, he's not making anyone around him better. His thing is, camp the 3pt line and get in to the post here and there. There is a lot of similar players in the NBA these days. Heck, you could trade for one of the Morris brothers and have the same effect probably. I know i went to the extreme but still, my point stands. If Mavs want to have any real success with KP, he'd have to dominate like Embiid, both sides of the ball and do similar things like him (defense etc.). Luka would probably LOVE to play with Embiid, but KP is way too soft and not creative enough.
Bluelabel24
Junior

Post#1232 » by Bluelabel24 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:55 am

Archx wrote:
Bluelabel24 wrote:

Problem with KP is, he's not aggressive, he's not drawing many fouls, he's not making anyone around him better. His thing is, camp the 3pt line and get in to the post here and there. There is a lot of similar players in the NBA these days. Heck, you could trade for one of the Morris brothers and have the same effect probably. I know i went to the extreme but still, my point stands. If Mavs want to have any real success with KP, he'd have to dominate like Embiid, both sides of the ball and do similar things like him (defense etc.). Luka would probably LOVE to play with Embiid, but KP is way too soft and not creative enough.

i think this is the crucial part.. hes basically admitting and showing his weakness out there for opponents to exploit. Hes making others teams go "see just be physical with him and he'll have a hard time".

if you guys have some free time i suggest to watch those 3 episodes.. youll understand their(meaning his camp) perspective more
regarding future playstyle and injury prevention..
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#1233 » by Mavrelous » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:03 pm

Man I see how Domantas Sabonis is appreciated around the league, and I know KP was a much better player than him in the bubble,especially defensively, make the whole KP debacle frustrating.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
XTraderXL
Sixth Man
And1: 1,342

Post#1234 » by XTraderXL » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:06 pm

An average starter at KPs position would make this team better than KP does. He plays well 1 out of 10 games, he is average in another 2 or 3 and bad/terrible in rest of the games. He is too soft, has no energy and doesnt give any effort. Maybe he is just saving himself for the PO ;-)
wolfram
Junior
And1: 314

Post#1235 » by wolfram » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:32 pm

Can we trade KP back to NY for Randle?
fuller4379
Assistant Coach

Post#1236 » by fuller4379 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:36 pm

Offensively, KP is having his best season. His eFG% is at 54.2% vs 50.3% last season. Defensively, he isn't the same. He looks like a stiff out there. I don't know if he is afraid to play defense or the injuries are just piling up on him and slowing him down. The meniscus tear shouldn't be an issue anymore. It is frustrating after he played so well in the bubble last season. It is also frustrating that he playing in a smaller percentage of games this season than last. Last year he played 76% (57 out of 75). This year he is at 66% (37 out of 56). Maybe I should ignore the first nine games. He would be at 79%. Is missing 1 out of every 5 games acceptable in today's NBA?
fuller4379
Assistant Coach

Post#1237 » by fuller4379 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:42 pm

Randle wasn't served very well being stuck in the LA dumpster fire the first four years of his career. The Lakers were completely disinterested in young talent and only interested in having cap space for a big fish. The Mavericks had two opportunities if they wanted him. When he signed a 2 year / $18 million deal with New Orleans, the Mavericks opted for DeAndre Jordan with their cap space. The next season Randle opted out and got a three year $63 million deal with the Knicks.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,033

Post#1238 » by daoneandonly » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:59 am

My # hope would still be if a deal could be worked out around KP for Siakam. I know its not happening since KP's value is in the gutter, but Siakam gives this team everything its missing. A big wing defender, another facilitator, isnt afraid to mix it up inside, and a proven winner. Essentially, the exact opposite of KP

I'd only be okay with getting Collins for the max if we sent KP out in a separate deal. We cant afford to give our 4 and 5 max money, not in a wing dominated league. If you can get some type of asset in a KP deal, swing that over to Atlanta in a S&T as incentive not to match but still get something.
Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 726

Post#1239 » by Mike lorenzo » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:58 pm

Someone should talk to Donnie ..
of ALL the selections of 1 Round 2020 ..
P Mi 3% reb Pt
Josh Green 28 10 11 1.9 2.3
Nesmith 32 12 31 2 3.2
J.Smith 20 10 18 1 1.3

Azubuike who barely played and Bolmano in Europe They can be compared in terms of disappointing.

or Portland / Blazers / Nuggets turning their pick (similar range) into Covington / Wood / Gordon ...

Arrest Covington / Gordon / Wood / Bey / Maxey or Bane a Green this is a difference, too big
1+1=11
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#1240 » by Mavrelous » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:19 am

What do you guys think of Schroeder? He's a bad shooter, but other than that fits perfect next to Luka, secordary handler, can penetrate, and good man defender against quick guards, I don't see the Lakers hard capping themselves for him, and S&T him for JRich is a possibilty

Return to Dallas Mavericks