ImageImageImage

Changing my view on our chances

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

BlueSan
Sixth Man
And1: 828

Changing my view on our chances 

Post#1 » by BlueSan » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:51 pm

I just saw Willie's headband in the press conf.

We got this...

;ab_channel=StarTalkStarTalkVerified
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,400

Re: Changing my view on our chances 

Post#2 » by Mavrelous » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:58 pm

What is that???
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
SOUNDCHASER
Sixth Man
And1: 279

Post#3 » by SOUNDCHASER » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:30 pm

We should not lose another game the rest of the season and it should translate into massive momentum to gain the 5th seed and a more winnable matchup with Denver who I believe we can handle.

If we do that and face another team we can handle in Utah I think we can go to the WCF. If we stay healthy and peak at the right time then there is no stopping us.

There are a lot of injuries hitting teams that we could face and so we may have an opportunity to take advantage of some lucky situations and sneak into the finals.

I hate to win things that way but I see other teams that have done it and they seem to sleep ok.

I say we need to play every game as if it is a must win game from here on out. Practice time is over this is time to win at all costs. We have a great roster with depth at the most important positions of PG and C. Our shooting has looked better over the second half of the season and we have depth enough to rest players when we need to.

Starters: Luka, KP, DFS, J Rich, WCS are all looking good and Brunson and THJ look like they are starters by how they produce.

Who is going to get the call to step it up and be that critical 8th piece we rely on?

Kleber: If Kleber can regain his shooting touch and become a key contributor this team will have what it takes to win a ring. We need him to get hot with his 3 pointers and that happens if he gets some confidence going. We need some psychiatric wizard to do some magic on him. Maybe all we need to do is give him the ball and let him shoot with a green light so he knows we believe in him. If I were RC I would focus on getting Kleber shooting much better.

Boban: He can spell any of the bigs and give us a great performance every once in a while. Managing the defense with him on the floor could be done more effectively if we paired him with other starters to rest either KP or WCS. So if Kleber is not going to join the party I would much rather the team give Boban the minutes than to let Powell play when we know he cannot defend other bigs.

Playoffs will see us facing up with teams that have talented bigs that would destroy Powell and Boban has had great games against Denver in the past.

Powell has his uses it is just that we need to look at what he can do against bigs that he will face in the play offs and understand his limitations. If he is limited to play against matchups that benefit us I am ok with letting him play some. RC just always lets him stay on the court way to long when we have others who could do a better job.

Redick: He has gotten a lot of time lately and he looked like a veteran out there so he may get called on when others start to show signs of cooling off or never catching fire at all. J Rich needs to get hot early or get replaced by Redick, that is what I think. Yeah defense is needed but JR needs to be more effective on offense to keep his minutes if you ask me. Redick has a 3 point % that means you want him playing more so I hope he can show us that guy.

Trey Burke: He lit it up in the play offs last year and could show signs of doing it again and if he does we can at least run with him till he shows signs that he has run out of gas. In limited usage he can be a problem for other defenses and I think RC knows how to use that kind of guy.

The starters will use up most of the minutes anyway, along with THJ and Brunson so if I were to bet on who is going to play the most minutes to qualify as that 8th player I would expect to see Redick as our 8th man unlessa if Klebel turns it up and we start seeing him hit more 3's. Even then Redick has a better shot and can hit a higher % from 3 so I would bet on Redick more than seeing Kleber stepping up to fill that role.

Boban will be needed so we need to start getting him acclimated to more minutes during these last few games. His size is something other teams cannot deal with and he could force other teams into early foul trouble which is always a strategic advantage worth gaining.

KP Kleber Powell
WCS Boban Kleber
DFS THJ JRich
JRich THJ Brunson Redick
Luka Brunson Burke
BlueSan
Sixth Man

Post#4 » by BlueSan » Sun May 9, 2021 8:31 am

Man in this case I was right.

Not sure it was WCS's bandana, but great stuff :D
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 847

Post#5 » by Teffer10 » Sun May 9, 2021 1:10 pm

SOUNDCHASER wrote:We should not lose another game the rest of the season and it should translate into massive momentum to gain the 5th seed and a more winnable matchup with Denver who I believe we can handle.

Mavs have a golden opportunity to start building momentum.
None of the teams we play have a winning record with the exception of Griz and they are only 1 game over .500.
There is no reason we shouldn't finish 5th considering the following schedules:

Lakers:
Suns
Knicks
Rockets
Pacers
Pels

Portland:
Rockets
Jazz
Suns
Nuggets

Mavs:
Cavs
Griz
Pels
Raps
Wolves
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,984

Post#6 » by Apz » Mon May 10, 2021 10:27 pm

Issue is that playing teams that isnt over .500 is actually a bad thing in mavs case. If we had had 4 top 4 teams left i wouldnt be worried at all tbh
BlueSan
Sixth Man

Post#7 » by BlueSan » Tue May 11, 2021 2:05 pm

Get me at least 2 more wins and it is ok either way.
Would love it if they win all now and are ahead of Portland (I have a feeling they will win the remaining ones as well), same with Lakers, Knicks are the only real opponent left for them
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#8 » by ejs78 » Tue May 11, 2021 5:58 pm

Jazz losing last night kept the race for #1 in the west alive assuming the Suns can beat the Warriors tonight.

Jazz should be pretty motivated to beat Portland tomorrow and if they lose the Suns should be even more motivated to beat the Blazers Thursday.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Dallas Mavericks