ImageImageImage

Trade Deadline Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 9,784

Re: Trade Deadline Thread 

Post#1641 » by Murray_17 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:21 pm

I would love CP3 here, is precissely the kind of player we need.

I just don't see how Ben an Paul can co-exist, so i have to guess Ben was on the package Morey offered or at least a conversation should have been happened.

I also wonder why this was dump now instead of in the moment.... Morey clearly has little faith on Ben or at least is willing to trade him, i don't see how this doesn't impact Ben relation with the team for the next season and can backfire.

Not because i think Ben is untradeable but because it gave justification to demand a trade and that lower his value that is already not as high as it was in his first or second seasons.
TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Post#1642 » by TTP » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:18 pm

Murray_17 wrote:I would love CP3 here, is precissely the kind of player we need.

I just don't see how Ben an Paul can co-exist, so i have to guess Ben was on the package Morey offered or at least a conversation should have been happened.

I also wonder why this was dump now instead of in the moment.... Morey clearly has little faith on Ben or at least is willing to trade him, i don't see how this doesn't impact Ben relation with the team for the next season and can backfire.

Not because i think Ben is untradeable but because it gave justification to demand a trade and that lower his value that is already not as high as it was in his first or second seasons.

I'm not sure why you'd think Ben and CP3 couldn't co-exist. One of Ben's closest modern comps is Lob City era Blake Griffin (before he was shooting 3s). You'd likely be able to unlock more of Ben's upside as a PnR roller. CP3 also functions well as an off-ball shooter for when Ben is handling the ball.

The nature of Ben's game makes him an awkward fit with a lot of players, but I think CP3 would fit alongside him just fine.
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 9,784

Post#1643 » by Murray_17 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:25 pm

TTP wrote:
I'm not sure why you'd think Ben and CP3 couldn't co-exist. One of Ben's closest modern comps is Lob City era Blake Griffin (before he was shooting 3s). You'd likely be able to unlock more of Ben's upside as a PnR roller. CP3 also functions well as an off-ball shooter for when Ben is handling the ball.

The nature of Ben's game makes him an awkward fit with a lot of players, but I think CP3 would fit alongside him just fine.

I agree with your take, i think the best comp for Ben is indeed Draymond Green and that's the kind of player Ben should aspire to be with a more athletic capability.

The problem is, i think Ben (and his camp ) sees himself as more than that and would not be happy on that role. He thinks he's point guard of the team and, even if he's great off the ball and as a roller, i don't think he's willing to make that sacrifice outside of the 4th quarter. Which is basically the compromise he made when Butler was here.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,751

Post#1644 » by Stanford » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:25 pm

I think that if Ben can't co-exist with Chris Paul then he can't co-exist with anyone.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,346

Post#1645 » by 76ciology » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:53 pm

Ben is better off playing with a combo guard than a PG like cp3.

He is not a natural scorer so he can’t play like Blake Griffin.

He’s more of Draymond Green or Lamar Odom than Blake Griffin IMO. He likes to set-up a scorer than being the scorer.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,792

Post#1646 » by eyeatoma » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:21 pm

Stanford wrote:I think that if Ben can't co-exist with Chris Paul then he can't co-exist with anyone.

This is my fear. That we will never be able to get another star level player on this team, because of Ben's weird confidence issues.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#1647 » by the_process » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:26 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Stanford wrote:I think that if Ben can't co-exist with Chris Paul then he can't co-exist with anyone.

This is my fear. That we will never be able to get another star level player on this team, because of Ben's weird confidence issues.

Problem might get solved if this team goes out in the 2nd round again.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,682

Post#1648 » by phillynative » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:14 pm

Kobblehead wrote:Chris Paul has a rocky past with Morey
Chris Paul has a rocky past with Rivers
Phoenix is an incredible place to live

That sucks. Dont forget a young Phoenix team that he is less likely to bump heads with.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,667

Post#1649 » by Negrodamus » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:14 pm

Read on Twitter
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,372

Post#1650 » by Eyeamok » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:18 pm

phillynative wrote:

That sucks. Dont forget a young Phoenix team that he is less likely to bump heads with.

From what I understand Chris Paul burns bridges everywhere he goes. It's his leadership style. Get on board or get off.

OKC loved him because he wanted to be the leader and they needed a leader. Phoenix loves him because they needed a leader too.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,792

Post#1651 » by eyeatoma » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:06 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yeah not sure if that's who I want for the offseason acquisition. I think things will change depending on how we perform in the playoffs. I wanted Lowry for these playoffs because if it didn't go great we could cut ties, and if it did we might have won a championship. Now, another offseason, and he's older. I'd rather make a run for a better piece ala, Beal, Lavine, CJ, Powell. Maybe those are unattainable, but depending on how Tobi performs in the playoffs I'd be willing to part with him. Also think a Ben trade is not out of the question, if he **** the bed.

TLDR, think this is a premature report, that is very dependent on a variety of factors. I'm guessing we have 4-5 avenues we will pursue this offseason.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#1652 » by Foshan » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:45 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yeah not sure if that's who I want for the offseason acquisition. I think things will change depending on how we perform in the playoffs. I wanted Lowry for these playoffs because if it didn't go great we could cut ties, and if it did we might have won a championship. Now, another offseason, and he's older. I'd rather make a run for a better piece ala, Beal, Lavine, CJ, Powell. Maybe those are unattainable, but depending on how Tobi performs in the playoffs I'd be willing to part with him. Also think a Ben trade is not out of the question, if he **** the bed.

TLDR, think this is a premature report, that is very dependent on a variety of factors. I'm guessing we have 4-5 avenues we will pursue this offseason.

Agreed. Hoping this is just a story for story sake.

I'm pretty neutral on Lowry, wouldn't want to give up much for him. But agree that some of those other guys would be better options first, especially CJ.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#1653 » by the_process » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:45 am

The Amick piece reads like his source is Masai Ujiri.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,682

Post#1654 » by phillynative » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:27 pm

Eyeamok wrote:
phillynative wrote:

From what I understand Chris Paul burns bridges everywhere he goes. It's his leadership style. Get on board or get off.

OKC loved him because he wanted to be the leader and they needed a leader. Phoenix loves him because they needed a leader too.

Yea thats what im saying. He just knew a young Phoenix team wasnt gonna give him resistance. With Embiid and Ben being established already you never know.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,346

Post#1655 » by 76ciology » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:00 pm

I hope Morey can go in the public and deny this rumor about lowry just so other teams could stop using him as a leverage.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers