ImageImageImageImageImage

Uh Oh... People think the Bullets are getting into the Play-In Tournament

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

deneem4
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,255

Re: Uh Oh... People think the Bullets are getting into the Play-In Tournament 

Post#41 » by deneem4 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:59 pm

Trae is out 2 weeks....they have a pretty tough schedule coming they might go 2-7 before our 2 games against them....
Pay your beals....or its lights out!!!
Bron, Bosh, Wade is like Mike, Hakeem, barkley...3 top 5 picks from same draft
mike, hakeem and Barkley on the same team!!!!
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,525

Post#42 » by closg00 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:28 pm

Will be watching the Bulls vs Heat game tonight, with the play-in, every game is a playoff-type game now
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,364

Post#43 » by verbal8 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:14 pm

I think the Raptors are the biggest threat to keep the Wizards out of the 10th seed, in fact I would probably consider them the favorite despite needing to make up a game.

I agree with the earlier post that the prospects of the play-in game means every game has a bit of a play-off feel to it.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,343

Post#44 » by doclinkin » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:33 pm

verbal8 wrote:I think the Raptors are the biggest threat to keep the Wizards out of the 10th seed, in fact I would probably consider them the favorite despite needing to make up a game.

I agree with the earlier post that the prospects of the play-in game means every game has a bit of a play-off feel to it.

If the Raptors take it they'd deserve it. Their schedule is brutal. We have the easiest schedule left in the East, theirs is against West Coast heavy hitters that are jockeying for seeding advantage.
Mizerooskie
Junior
And1: 36

Post#45 » by Mizerooskie » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:58 pm

I'd be really excited if the Wiz made it. There's no better place to be than a fringey playoff contender without valuable futures and draft picks too low to grab difference makers.

♫ Hello darkness my old friend ♫
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,525

Post#46 » by closg00 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:54 am

Bull and Raps lose tonight :D , we are the 10th seed for tonight at-least
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,301

Post#47 » by nate33 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:11 am

closg00 wrote:Bull and Raps lose tonight :D , we are the 10th seed for tonight at-least

The Wizards are now 1.5 games ahead of the 11th and 12th seed, 2 games in the loss column.

3 games out of 8th place.
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,011

Post#48 » by Dark Faze » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:48 pm

Mizerooskie wrote:I'd be really excited if the Wiz made it. There's no better place to be than a fringey playoff contender without valuable futures and draft picks too low to grab difference makers.

♫ Hello darkness my old friend ♫

It is what it is. Westbrook played the first quarter of the season like he was a scrub, Bryant tore his ACL, TBJ had a career low year, Rui has been meh, and yet we're still fighting for a seed. Hopefully that has something to say about the teams ceiling next year given some changes and help in the off-season.

I don't see this FO holding onto a pick as late #16/#17 if it comes to that, but I'm not sure what value a pick that late could bring in a trade either.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,868

Post#49 » by payitforward » Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:20 pm

What a strange & fascinating season this has become!

3 weeks ago we were 17-32 & had won only 3 of our previous 15 games. Now it looks like we are definitely in the tournament -- & we have an outside chance of slipping past Charlotte into 8th place!
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
payitforward
RealGM

Post#50 » by payitforward » Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:52 pm

Mizerooskie wrote:I'd be really excited if the Wiz made it. There's no better place to be than a fringey playoff contender without valuable futures and draft picks too low to grab difference makers....

Well, at least it's familiar! :)

But... what do you mean by "without valuable futures?"

Hey, we've just gone 9-1.

Russell Westbrook looks to have regained his form of two years ago. If he stays healthy he should be absolutely outstanding throughout his remaining contract years.

Beal is at the top of his game.

Bertans may be overpaid, but right now he is playing incredibly well -- may it continue!

Bryant has been out long enough that people are forgetting how good he is. Try this on for size:

We have @ a half dozen young players who have a lot of promise overall: Gafford, Mathews, Rui, Deni, Bonga, Winston. For that matter, I'm by no means counting out Chandler Hutchison.

& what "draft picks (are) too low to grab difference makers"? How about the guys picked #15, 19, 29, 30, 31, 42, 55 & 60 in 2011? Any difference makers in that group? Or #s 32, 34, 35, 39 & 40 the following year?
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#51 » by nate33 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:08 pm

It's worth noting that the team started of with a 6-17 record over the first 23 games. Most of that was due to Westbrook being absolutely horrific because of his quad injury; and then we got hit with Covid.

Since that disastrous start, the team has gone 20-16, which is a perfectly respectable record. That winning percentage would have us tied with Atlanta and New York for 4th place in the conference.

I'd say that 20-16 record is fairly indicative of how good the team actually is - decent, but not great. The recent winning streak is mostly just due to a really cushy schedule.
payitforward
RealGM

Post#52 » by payitforward » Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:12 pm

nate33 wrote:It's worth noting that the team started of with a 6-17 record over the first 23 games. Most of that was due to Westbrook being absolutely horrific because of his quad injury; and then we got hit with Covid.

Since that disastrous start, the team has gone 20-16, which is a perfectly respectable record. That winning percentage would have us tied with Atlanta and New York for 4th place in the conference.

I'd say that 20-16 record is fairly indicative of how good the team actually is - decent, but not great. The recent winning streak is mostly just due to a really cushy schedule.

nate -- your last paragraph might be a bit self-conflicting, since the 9-1 streak is most of what makes that 20-16 stretch good.

20-16 = 46-36 over a regular season. I.e. we would be 34-27 right now. 4th in the East (& ahead of Knicks, since presumably we'd have won one of the 3 games we've lost to them).

Are we that good a team? Say our current roster, except with Bryant healthy?

Seems pretty optimistic. But, if so, that's a giant step we've taken towards rebuilding the Wizards!
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#53 » by nate33 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:49 pm

payitforward wrote:
nate33 wrote:It's worth noting that the team started of with a 6-17 record over the first 23 games. Most of that was due to Westbrook being absolutely horrific because of his quad injury; and then we got hit with Covid.

nate -- your last paragraph might be a bit self-conflicting, since the 9-1 streak is most of what makes that 20-16 stretch good.

20-16 = 46-36 over a regular season. I.e. we would be 34-27 right now. 4th in the East (& ahead of Knicks, since presumably we'd have won one of the 3 games we've lost to them).

Are we that good a team? Say our current roster, except with Bryant healthy?

Seems pretty optimistic. But, if so, that's a giant step we've taken towards rebuilding the Wizards!

I don't think it's conflicting. Yes the last 6 games have been due to a really easy schedule, but the 30 games prior to that were as hard of a schedule as anyone else. Harder, probably. Don't overlook our destruction of the Western Conference during that road trip in February.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#54 » by nate33 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:52 pm

payitforward wrote:Are we that good a team? Say our current roster, except with Bryant healthy?

I think that's a pretty good sample size to show what the team can do.

Though it's worth mentioning that we have been largely healthy and Covid-free during those 36 games (excepting Bryant). Some of our competitors have been dealing with more injuries to star players and more time out due to Covid. Toronto, Indiana and Charlotte come to mind.
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#55 » by dlts20 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:17 pm

It would be nice to catch indy and get at least 1 home game
payitforward
RealGM

Post#56 » by payitforward » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:30 am

nate33 wrote:
payitforward wrote:Are we that good a team? Say our current roster, except with Bryant healthy?

I think that's a pretty good sample size to show what the team can do.

Though it's worth mentioning that we have been largely healthy and Covid-free during those 36 games (excepting Bryant). Some of our competitors have been dealing with more injuries to star players and more time out due to Covid. Toronto, Indiana and Charlotte come to mind.

Make that 21-16 !! :)
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#57 » by nate33 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:53 am

Dammit!

Pacers and Hornets won tonight.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#58 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:09 pm

As did the Bulls and the Raptors. Both are one game behind the Wizards for tenth.

The best thing would be to miss the playoffs. Brooks needs to go. The Wizards need lottery luck,
Bye bye Beal.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,969

Post#59 » by FAH1223 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:39 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:As did the Bulls and the Raptors. Both are one game behind the Wizards for tenth.

The best thing would be to miss the playoffs. Brooks needs to go. The Wizards need lottery luck,

I think the coming down to earth will keep happening. A big loss to the Lakers incoming. And then Luka will have another big game against the Bullets.

The 8 game win streak was fun... now let's get the lotto percentages back up a bit.
payitforward
RealGM

Post#60 » by payitforward » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:17 pm

What "coming down to earth?"

We played extremely well & almost beat a much better team. I look for us to crush the Lakers!

Return to Washington Wizards