ImageImageImage

What to watch for the last 3 weeks of the regular reason.

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,893

What to watch for the last 3 weeks of the regular reason. 

Post#1 » by sixers4real » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:54 am

1. Obviously for Sixers to win as many games as possible and get that #1 seed. I predict 9 wins in the last 13 games, which will be enough I guess. Nets play the Bucks twice in Milwaukee, so that’ll help.
2. Root for Knicks - Hawks as a 4/5 seeded matchup.
3. Root for Celtics to be 6th seeded and Miami to be 7th seed.
4. Root against Pacers and Blazers so they miss the playoffs and go rebuild mode so Brogdon and Lillard become available in the off-season. I’m a realist and although I will root for Sixers to win all, I don’t think we are there yet. I think we can get Brogdon without losing Embiid Simmons Harris. And if Blazers finally decide to blow the team up, Simmons for Lillard may be an opportunity.

Is there anything you guys looking for at the end of this regular season?
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,470

Re: What to watch for the last 3 weeks of the regular reason. 

Post#2 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:41 am

In short....Full Health
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,900

Post#3 » by kuclas » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:32 pm

Full health home court. We are unbeatable at full strength at home the past two seasons. Doesn’t matter who we play.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,432

Post#4 » by 76ciology » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:19 pm

How our team finds chemistry with our new 3G and sometimes 4G line-ups.

*G = guards.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
sixers4real
Veteran

Post#5 » by sixers4real » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:34 pm

76ciology wrote:How our team finds chemistry with our new 3G and sometimes 4G line-ups.

*G = guards.

Why are so interested in this? Winning formula going on? Tobias gone in the off-season?
76ciology
RealGM

Post#6 » by 76ciology » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:39 pm

sixers4real wrote:
76ciology wrote:How our team finds chemistry with our new 3G and sometimes 4G line-ups.

*G = guards.

Why are so interested in this? Winning formula going on? Tobias gone in the off-season?

Yes, it will be our winning formula. It will change the game. We didnt start this trend. The best 5 man unit last season (OKC) had a similar structure.

Just wait and see. It’s gonna be wonderful
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,752

Post#7 » by Negrodamus » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:54 pm

I hope Maxey can be a 15 ppg scorer on 4-5 FTA per game in these last three weeks, but I’m not holding my breath.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,051

Post#8 » by Sixerscan » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:57 pm

76ciology wrote:
sixers4real wrote:

*G = guards.

Yes, it will be our winning formula. It will change the game. We didnt start this trend. The best 5 man unit last season (OKC) had a similar structure.

Clearly they are going to be doing it more over the next few weeks but I'm not sure how much run it gets in the playoffs with Tobias mostly playing like 40 MPG. Will be good to develop an alternative to him/Simmons getting in foul trouble that isn't playing Mike Scott though.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#9 » by 76ciology » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:57 pm

Sixerscan wrote:
76ciology wrote:
sixers4real wrote:Why are so interested in this? Winning formula going on? Tobias gone in the off-season?

Clearly they are going to be doing it more over the next few weeks but I'm not sure how much run it gets in the playoffs with Tobias mostly playing like 40 MPG. Will be good to develop an alternative to him/Simmons getting in foul trouble that isn't playing Mike Scott though.

We need to develop this multiple guard unit just so we have another gear to shift on certain situations (offense is stagnant or Tobi & Ben are neutralized). The ideal is to find a “death ball” 2.0 unit (starters with Shake in the place of Green is the current death ball i believe) with this.

On paper, there’s a lot of upside with the multiple guard unit. It even looked like a structure that Maxey thrives in. The multiple guard unit may also allow us to not have the usual collapse whenever Biid is on the bench. You may have a good dribble drive action then dump it to Tobi if all fails. Then you have D12 to provide stability on defense.

Then when Tobi is cold on offense and we need an alternative option after Biid, I believe Doc wont let him play 40 mins and would then he would explore this 3G/4G unit. A multiple guard unit takes care of shot creation where Mike Scott can be played just a mere spot up shooter, and we saw Scott getting cleaner looks with this during the Bucks game.

Im not speaking with certainty but my position is I find a lot of promise with this “experiment?”
sixers4real
Veteran

Post#10 » by sixers4real » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:49 pm

How many games do you guys expect us to win of the remaining 12?
We won’t be playing any top 10 NBA team in this stretch. And are playing only two teams currently in the playoff picture. Hawks and the Heat.

OKC - W
ATL - W
ATL - W
@SA - W
@CHI - L (b2b)
@HOU - W
NO - W
DET - W
@ IND - L
@MIA - L
ORL - W
ORL - W

9-3 seems reasonable with 48-24 record. I have the Nets and the Bucks finishing with 47-25. It will be very close, we’ll see.
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,900

Post#11 » by kuclas » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:29 pm

They projected Sixers would finished 49-23. I think Sixers finish 10-2 the last 12 games. But any cushion we had for at least hca for semi is gone.

Glad they rested Embiid this afternoon. No point playing him. Hope Simmons is back Monday. It’s long illness for a 24 year old non Covid illness to be out one week.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#12 » by LloydFree » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:35 pm

kuclas wrote:Full health home court. We are unbeatable at full strength at home the past two seasons. Doesn’t matter who we play.

Full health, home court, getting George Hill acclimated into the offense and establishing the 8-9 man playoff rotation. We've seen too much Maxey and Scott this week.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,470

Post#13 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:43 am

10-2 is what I'm predicting.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,420

Post#14 » by Eyeamok » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:29 pm

HC would be nice but I don't think we will get it. But not to worried a healthy 76ers team can win on the road, this is not your coach Brown 76ers. So getting back to good health is the key.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
sixers4real
Veteran

Post#15 » by sixers4real » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:50 pm

Eyeamok wrote:HC would be nice but I don't think we will get it. But not to worried a healthy 76ers team can win on the road, this is not your coach Brown 76ers. So getting back to good health is the key.

What’s even more important about getting #1 seed is letting Bucks and Nets fight in a very competitive semis.

And btw, regarding my original post, point about Lillard. Blazers have just lost 5th in a row and they have a very tough schedule remaining. If they lose in a play-in tournament, they can finally trade Lillard. That’s something to watch
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,798

Post#16 » by XtremeDunkz » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:02 am

We are literally pissing away home court in front of our eyes. It's making me sick.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
sixers4real
Veteran

Post#17 » by sixers4real » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:52 am

The bucks just lost to the Hawks on the road, so that’ll help a lot. They are two games behind us.
I really hope Bucks win twice in their soon to be series against Nets in Milwaukee.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,122

Post#18 » by Arsenal » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:59 am

I'll be surprised if we don't get home court considering the remaining schedules.

That + everyone healthy = trip to the Finals.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,034

Post#19 » by eyeatoma » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:55 am

Arsenal wrote:I'll be surprised if we don't get home court considering the remaining schedules.

Ben isn't playing tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
sixers4real
Veteran

Post#20 » by sixers4real » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:06 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Arsenal wrote:I'll be surprised if we don't get home court considering the remaining schedules.

Ben isn't playing tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

We HAVE to beat the OKC without Ben Simmons, come on.
But we’ll need him for Hawks games

Return to Philadelphia 76ers