ImageImageImage

RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Lakers (Saturday. 8:30PM EST ABC)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 849

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Lakers (Saturday. 8:30PM EST ABC) 

Post#81 » by Teffer10 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:13 pm

SOUNDCHASER wrote:Remaining games are all winnable and the Mavs proved they can beat everyone of these teams when they are on their A game.
BKN is the toughest remaining game and there is no other opponent that can really be much of a threat. The mavs have won 3 of their last 3, if they can finish up the season winning the remaining 12 that will be a 15 game winning streak to take into the playoffs. I would say that they are in position to contend and should easily get the 5th seed and if injuries further hurt Denver that seed could belong to Dallas as well.

SAC
GSW
DET
WAS
SAC
MIA 7th in East
BKN 1st in East
CLE
CLE
MEM 8th in West
NOP
TOR
MIN

By the way there may be a make up game that needs to be played and I do not recall who that game was against so if you know who it was let us all know. I say that because at 33 and 26 if we win these next 12 that puts us at 45 and 26 which is 71 games not the 72 that are on the schedule.

Thank God Houston isn't on that list!!!
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 849

Post#82 » by Teffer10 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:18 pm

I've always thought of Powell as a "situational" player and last night was a perfect example.
Lakers double-team and trapping Luka was working well in first half and then Powell's high energy and athleticism made them pay in the 2nd half.
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,829

Post#83 » by dirkforpres » Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:16 pm

Teffer10 wrote:I've always thought of Powell as a "situational" player and last night was a perfect example.
Lakers double-team and trapping Luka was working well in first half and then Powell's high energy and athleticism made them pay in the 2nd half.

He’s a good player when he actually catches the ball instead of bobbling it out of bounds... and when he drives in the lane versus shooting from 3. If he sticks to what he’s good at, he’s a solid rotation piece... it’s when he tries anything else that he gets exposed. Good for him though, someone needs to step up at the C spot while KP is out.. if he becomes a double-double threat, the Mavs can potentially afford to take more KP and/or Luka rests so I’m all for it
FIRE JASON KIDD
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#84 » by arkuo » Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:34 pm

Teffer10 wrote:I've always thought of Powell as a "situational" player and last night was a perfect example.

Ideally when we get KP back he can play this role more. Rolling to the rim instead of hanging back waiting for an open 3.
Bluelabel24
Junior
And1: 51

Post#85 » by Bluelabel24 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:30 am

arkuo wrote:

Ideally when we get KP back he can play this role more. Rolling to the rim instead of hanging back waiting for an open 3.

for this to happen KP first must be willing to set screens. did you guys watch Lukas postgame interview?

Return to Dallas Mavericks