Rookie Play, Highlights & Discussion

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Who are your top 3?

Anthony
4%
Ball
34%
Bey
4%
Edwards
18%
Haliburton
24%
Okoro
1%
Quickley
10%
Tate
1%
Williams
2%
Wiseman
4%

Total votes: 735

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,830

Re: Rookie of The Year Thread 

Post#1621 » by Klomp » Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:26 pm

life_saver wrote:I have been fairly critical of Ant's efficiency previously but he has significantly improved in that aspect over the season. He still takes some needless pull-up 3's but he has definitely cut down number of bad shots he takes. His EFG% has been 50% since Finch took over (across 28 games). His EFG% before Finch was around 44%. Another noticeable change is him getting to FT line more often...he used to have only 2 FTA per game...since Finch took over, he is averaging 5FTA per game.

I believe it's also improved based on who else he's sharing the court with. Doesn't feel the need to force as many shots when Towns and/or Russell are on the court.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
DroseReturnChi
RealGM
And1: 3,142

Post#1622 » by DroseReturnChi » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:10 pm

Klomp wrote:
peZt wrote:I like LaMelo equally. Two superstars. Great draft, and people said it was trash

To be fair, even trash drafts can produce good players. 2013 still produced Giannis.

But yes, people seemed to be pretty wrong about this class as a whole.

why? its still a trash draft. so far, one unanimous franchise player in ball which is expected since rarely theres a draft yr with 0.
Most top 10 players they dont deserve their draft spot in a redraft. Even Hali who will win ROY if ball is not qualified is more of a role player ceiling than star. Ball and Hali are clear top 5, rest are crap shoot it changes day to day.

Redraft

1. Ball
------------------
2. Poku
3. Williams
4. Edwards
5. Hali

30.Wiseman
Doncic will be goat. Lauri will be his sidekick.
Quentin
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,203

Post#1623 » by Quentin » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:37 am

DroseReturnChi wrote:
Klomp wrote:
peZt wrote:I like LaMelo equally. Two superstars. Great draft, and people said it was trash

To be fair, even trash drafts can produce good players. 2013 still produced Giannis.

why? its still a trash draft. so far, one unanimous franchise player in ball which is expected since rarely theres a draft yr with 0.
Most top 10 players they dont deserve their draft spot in a redraft. Even Hali who will win ROY if ball is not qualified is more of a role player ceiling than star. Ball and Hali are clear top 5, rest are crap shoot it changes day to day.

Redraft

1. Ball
------------------
2. Poku
3. Williams
4. Edwards
5. Hali

30.Wiseman

Edwards #4.... :lol:

Spoiler:
Edwards should win the ROY
I hang out here and mnrubecentral
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,157

Post#1624 » by _AIJ_ » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:19 am

DroseReturnChi wrote:
Klomp wrote:

Redraft

1. Ball
------------------
2. Poku
3. Williams
4. Edwards
5. Hali

30.Wiseman

Hahaha what the actual ****?
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,165

Post#1625 » by God Squad » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:09 am

Quentin wrote:
DroseReturnChi wrote:
Klomp wrote:To be fair, even trash drafts can produce good players. 2013 still produced Giannis.

Redraft

1. Ball
------------------
2. Poku
3. Williams
4. Edwards
5. Hali

30.Wiseman

Spoiler:

Absolutely not. Ball can not return and IMO it's still his. He looked ways ahead of everyone and his impact was clear as day.
BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,238

Post#1626 » by BadWolf » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:15 am

Lamelo is unanimous franchise player now?
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,716

Post#1627 » by FinnTheHuman » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:30 am

Quentin wrote:
DroseReturnChi wrote:
Klomp wrote:To be fair, even trash drafts can produce good players. 2013 still produced Giannis.

Redraft

1. Ball
------------------
2. Poku
3. Williams
4. Edwards
5. Hali

30.Wiseman

Spoiler:

He's just salty that Patrick Williams sucks so he's putting Edwards down. One of those guys who were going around the general board telling everybody how PWill was gonna be the best wing from the 2020 draft back in November-December, and now he can't deal with the reality that Edwards is looking like a future superstar while PWill is on pace to be the next Stanley Johnson or smth.
DroseReturnChi
RealGM

Post#1628 » by DroseReturnChi » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:57 pm

FinnTheHuman wrote:
Quentin wrote:
DroseReturnChi wrote:

Redraft

1. Ball
------------------
2. Poku
3. Williams
4. Edwards
5. Hali

30.Wiseman

Spoiler:

He's just salty that Patrick Williams sucks so he's putting Edwards down. One of those guys who were going around the general board telling everybody how PWill was gonna be the best wing from the 2020 draft back in November-December, and now he can't deal with the reality that Edwards is looking like a future superstar while PWill is on pace to be the next Stanley Johnson or smth.

dude do you even read? i said only 1 and 5 are absolutes 2-4 changes and im not even a bulls fan.
certain players they dont shine at yr 1 and a two way player like PW takes longer. like im the harshest critics of edwards you should be thankful i put him in top 5. was never a fan and he will never be worth number 1.
you can argue all you want edwards is better than pw but thing is pw is actually worth his draft spot.
DroseReturnChi
RealGM

Post#1629 » by DroseReturnChi » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:58 pm

BadWolf wrote:Lamelo is unanimous franchise player now?

umm? i hated lamelo as well and ate crow? or do you only watch 13 win wolves that nobody watches?
seriously wolves fans asking me to watch 82 games of wolves for the sake of evaluating edwards?
omg my eyes will rot i wont do even if i get 1mil. its torture.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1630 » by Klomp » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:26 am

DroseReturnChi wrote:

umm? i hated lamelo as well and ate crow? or do you only watch 13 win wolves that nobody watches?
seriously wolves fans asking me to watch 82 games of wolves for the sake of evaluating edwards?
omg my eyes will rot i wont do even if i get 1mil. its torture.

Where in that post were you asked to watch all Wolves games?
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,165

Post#1631 » by God Squad » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:39 am

Nope. But it's unanimous that he's been better than ALL the other rookies at this point in their careers.
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,692

Post#1632 » by rzzzzz » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:56 pm

Definitely not a ROY candidate, but glad to see Maxey start to get a little playing time again. He had some ridiculously prolific Covid roster games, and then got buried on the bench. Now he’s returned with a nice off the dribble 3 and has traded in a lot of those floaters for strong finishes to the rim. Hope to see him some in the playoffs. Definitely look forward to what the young man develops into by next season.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1633 » by Klomp » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:08 pm

It’s fair to say the rookie big out of (briefly) Memphis had a rough first year, capped off by his season-ending meniscus tear. He sits 516th (out of 523) in single-year RAPM, including 521st in ORAPM, though a respectable 264th (roughly average) in DRAPM. Other advanced metrics tell a similar story. Estimated Plus/Minus places him in the 13th percentile overall, but only eighth percentile on offense compared to 48th percentile on D.

https://theathletic.com/2544346/

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1634 » by Klomp » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:10 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1635 » by Klomp » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:08 pm

Read on Twitter

Edwards has 10 games with 8 or more rebounds in 63 games. It took Andrew Wiggins 130 games to reach that mark.

PG24
Junior
And1: 252

Post#1636 » by PG24 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:58 pm

Why bring up Wiggins?
Bet on yourself and believe in yourself if everybody doesn't believe in you. F--k everybody else. What do they know? If you have a passion and you want to put the work into something, then chase it. If it means something to you, chase it.

- Kevin Garnett
Lamak
Assistant Coach
And1: 704

Post#1637 » by Lamak » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:34 pm

its pretty close at this point, if ball comes back and plays 1 minute its his award
Brooklyn Nets
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,664

Post#1638 » by Jadoogar » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:03 pm

really early for a redraft obviously but the athletic posted one recently.
1. Lamelo (obviously)
2. Ant Man
3. Wiseman (they considered team needs, Charlotte would prefer a high upside big rather than someone with a lower ceiling)
4. Pat Williams
5. Haliburton (i think main reason was upside here, Williams projects to have a higher ceiling)
6. Isaiah Stewart
7. Poku
8. Killian Hayes
9. Okongwu (i haven't watched him at all)
10. Jaden McDaniels

The glaring omission here is Quickley, i think he would go 6th easily.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1639 » by Klomp » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:29 pm

PG24 wrote:Why bring up Wiggins?

Because almost anywhere you turned before the draft, that was one of the more popular comparisons being made

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1640 » by Klomp » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:30 pm

Lamak wrote:its pretty close at this point, if ball comes back and plays 1 minute its his award

If one minute is the deciding factor, then it's not close.

Return to The General Board