ImageImageImage

RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Kings (Monday. 10PM EST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Absinthe
Pro Prospect
And1: 452

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Kings (Monday. 10PM EST) 

Post#61 » by Absinthe » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:07 am

I think the Mavs can beat the Jazz. It’s not likely, but the Jazz look a lot more beatable than they did two months ago.

The Mavs have no one to blame but themselves if they fall into the play in brackets. They’ve played Sacramento twice and lost both games. These are games they should and must win. When teams play down to opponents that is a coaching issue.
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#62 » by Pinkyring » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:14 am

dirkforpres wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:Why are people so csught up on seeding? This team hasn't shown any ability to make you think they can beat a playoff team 4 games of 7 so regardless we are 1 and done, even discussing seeding is useless. We have two consistent offensive players one of which is often hurt, no consistent defender and no consistent shooter, team is in bad shape yet mavs fan keep saying we should bring back thj and Richardson....... why? To be a lock for a 6tg-8th seed for the foreseeable future

Because Denver wont have Murray and even though they’d still likely beat us, at least it has potential to be closer than say the Suns or Jazz

I actually think Phoenix is the best chance at a 2nd round advancement but again with how we are playing i cant see us beating anybody 4 of 7
BlueSan
Sixth Man
And1: 828

Post#63 » by BlueSan » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:33 am

Sad stuff really heh
BlueSan
Sixth Man
And1: 828

Post#64 » by BlueSan » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:55 am

Let me guess. Should have played with more energy?

And let me guess on a back to back vs Golden State that won't be a problem?

This team has a massive rot inside of it you can smell it from afar
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,336

Post#65 » by Mavrelous » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:07 am

This team can't stop wasting opportunities to waste opportunities...
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,549

Post#66 » by Bob8 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:51 am

KhalilS wrote:This team can't stop wasting opportunities to waste opportunities...

If your only weapon are 3s and you're shooting them 28%, you cannot beat anyone. Kings made 1 3s more in 12 attempts less. Mavs would be much better of, with some real C, who can score inside. It was painful to watch how much easier Kings have scored.
All in all nothing new, if Brunson and THJ are not good, this team will always have problems to beat anyone. You can put players like Green and Melli in and they can have positive +/-, but someone will still have to score, because those 2 won't.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#67 » by Bob8 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:00 am

[streamable][/streamable]
BlueSan wrote:Let me guess. Should have played with more energy?

And let me guess on a back to back vs Golden State that won't be a problem?

This team has a massive rot inside of it you can smell it from afar

Realistically what can Luka/THJ/DFS/Kleber/Powell do, if their 3s are not falling? This roster is a joke. Energy doesn't have much with that. If Burke wasn't hot, match would have been over in first half. Average roster and 3 players missing means all others have to have solid game, Burke alone cannot win anything. Curry and Barnes could have helped in games like that of course, but ...
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,031

Post#68 » by daoneandonly » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:21 am

Pinkyring wrote:Why are people so csught up on seeding? This team hasn't shown any ability to make you think they can beat a playoff team 4 games of 7 so regardless we are 1 and done, even discussing seeding is useless. We have two consistent offensive players one of which is often hurt, no consistent defender and no consistent shooter, team is in bad shape yet mavs fan keep saying we should bring back thj and Richardson....... why? To be a lock for a 6tg-8th seed for the foreseeable future

Maybe the obvious of avoiding a play in seed and missing the playoffs all together, thus giving the Knicks a chance in the lottery.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#69 » by Bob8 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:33 am

ejs78 wrote:Say what you will about Green, but if the team came out to start the game with his energy

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

Luka/Green/DFS/Kleber/Powell can compete for the worst offensive starting lineup in the league and they would have won easily. Ball handling, outside Luka, 0, shooting, only if totally alone. All 4 together averaging 24 points. With THJ you can at least hope.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#70 » by Bob8 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:36 am

daoneandonly wrote:

Maybe the obvious of avoiding a play in seed and missing the playoffs all together, thus giving the Knicks a chance in the lottery.

Who cares about Knicks? We should forget about that trade, it looks like lose/lose situation.
GaiusVelleius
Ballboy
And1: 39

Post#71 » by GaiusVelleius » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:07 am

Mavs defense was very bad in this one. I had a specific look at THJ, who didn´t perform well.

Read on Twitter
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#72 » by Pinkyring » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:20 am

Bob8 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

Who cares about Knicks? We should forget about that trade, it looks like lose/lose situation.

Yeah even linking that trade to our play is dumb and pointless doesn't surprise me who would be doing it
Bob8
General Manager

Post#73 » by Bob8 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:35 am

Pinkyring wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

Yeah even linking that trade to our play is dumb and pointless doesn't surprise me who would be doing it

Mavs should find some big able to score easy points. It's essential, when your 3s are not falling. Someone has to have better FG% on constant basis.
leolozon
General Manager
And1: 7,753

Post#74 » by leolozon » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:07 am

When's the last time Luka put the team on his shoulder, said "I got this." and played a whole game at a MVP level like we all know he can?

There were, again, way too many 3s. The Luka to Powell connection for 2 was working great in the last game. So I'm thinking it's possible to make passes for 2pts and for Luka to shoot something else than a stepback 3.

31/50 vs 12/42... So they can score from 2, but choose not to do it. Even THJ went 5/8 from 2. He doesn't need to shoot so many 3s, just like Luka.

It feels like shooting 3s is the new way to show no energy. It's easier, so let's do that instead of playing aggressively.

Shooting that many 3s make sense against a better team to increase variance, but against a worst team? It's increasing the odds of losing.

Give me more Green with his hustle and energy.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#75 » by Archx » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:17 am

leolozon wrote:When's the last time Luka put the team on his shoulder, said "I got this." and played a whole game at a MVP level like we all know he can?

Uhm.. Both games vs Lakers? If Mavs made all those open looks Luka produced in the 1st Q, this game would have also been a lot different.

But it's funny, Mavs vs TOP teams look like a contender and vs bad teams they look like Mickey Mouse club. Just a pathetic loss again.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#76 » by Bob8 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:26 am

leolozon wrote:When's the last time Luka put the team on his shoulder, said "I got this." and played a whole game at a MVP level like we all know he can?

Honestly, I stopped watching the game after 5 minutes. It was late and I didn't want to be tired just so I can be angry before I go to be bed.

It was still way too many 3s in this game. The Luka to Powell connection for 2 was working great in the last game. So I'm thinking it's possible to make passes for 2pts and for Luka to shoot something else than a stepback 3.

31/50 vs 12/42... Plus going to the rim can create foul trouble. So they can score from 2, but choose not to do it. Even THJ went 5/8 from 2. He doesn't need to shoot so many 3s, just like Luka.

It feels like shooting 3s is the new way to show no energy. It's easier, so let's do that instead of playing aggressively.

Kings played much better/smarter D on Luka, they didn't allow anything in the paint, they rather left shooters free and we saw how that went. I can understand Luka shooting 33% those difficult 3s, but shooting less than 25% open 3s won't work ever. THJ, DFS, Brunson and Melli were shooting 22%. Other thing was D, Kings without Fox and Barnes injured in Q3 were scoring at will.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#77 » by Bob8 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:34 am

Archx wrote:

Uhm.. Both games vs Lakers? If Mavs made all those open looks Luka produced in the 1st Q, this game would have also been a lot different.

But it's funny, Mavs vs TOP teams look like a contender and vs bad teams they look like Mickey Mouse club. Just a pathetic loss again.

Lakers were pretty bad without LeBron and AD out of form.
leolozon
General Manager

Post#78 » by leolozon » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:40 am

Archx wrote:

I said whole game. The team didn't even need Luka to be good for 4 or even 3 quarters against the Lakers.

Once again : 31/50 vs 12/42.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#79 » by Bob8 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:46 am

leolozon wrote:
Archx wrote:

I said whole game.

You're talking like it's easy to get those 2 points attempts with that roster. RC tried with Boban, but whatever he did in offense was outdone in D. Powell basically needs double team on Luka to be effective, Kleber cannot do anything else except shooting 3, DFS the same, Brunson was bad, Melli and Green are afraid to shoot. Every time Luka got by defender they just dropped D and he was forced to pass out.
leolozon
General Manager

Post#80 » by leolozon » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:53 am

Bob8 wrote:
leolozon wrote:
Archx wrote:

I said whole game.

You're talking like it's easy to get those 2 points attempts with that roster. RC tried with Boban, but whatever he did in offense was outdone in D. Powell basically needs double team on Luka to be effective, Kleber cannot do anything else except shooting 3, DFS the same, Brunson was bad, Melli and Green are afraid to shoot. Every time Luka got by defender they just dropped D and he was forced to pass out.

They still went 31/50, so it was possible. Funny that you used the word easy considering one of my point is that the team is taking the easy road.

Kleber was able to roll to the rim fine last year.

Return to Dallas Mavericks