ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 274

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#1541 » by Hopper15 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:55 pm

GSWFan1994 wrote:This is not a videogame, where every player is always available, healthy and plays up to 100% of his potential.

This is like when I found out the Easter Bunny wasn't real. :evil:
SAKURABA216
Starter
And1: 817

Post#1542 » by SAKURABA216 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:27 pm

zimpy27 wrote:If GSW can get KP and J-Rich then what would they be willing to give up? What's the best package of players they would move for these two?

I'm assuming Curry and Green are off table as they would fit well with J-Rich and KP.

I like the idea of acquiring KP and J-Rich better than some of the other posters on this board, so I wouldn't mind trading Wiseman, Wiggins, and maybe the GSW 2021 pick if we don't have to trade it to OKC. The pros for us is that KP is a massive upgrade over Wiseman in every area and could be great next to Draymond defensively. The cons are that J-Rich is just ok and has a player option this summer he can opt out of and KP is injury-prone with 1 more year than Wiggins. If we can draft some centers with our 2nd rounders then we will be able to rest KP with load management during the season which will decrease his risk of injury. This would also allow us to re-sign Oubre with the promise of potentially starting at SF with Wiggins gone. However, I'm sure the Mavs would want back way more than just Wiseman, Wiggins, and a 2021 GSW FRP in the 13-19 range.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,504

Post#1543 » by zimpy27 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:06 pm

SAKURABA216 wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:If GSW can get KP and J-Rich then what would they be willing to give up? What's the best package of players they would move for these two?

I'm assuming Curry and Green are off table as they would fit well with J-Rich and KP.

I like the idea of acquiring KP and J-Rich better than some of the other posters on this board, so I wouldn't mind trading Wiseman, Wiggins, and maybe the GSW 2021 pick if we don't have to trade it to OKC. The pros for us is that KP is a massive upgrade over Wiseman in every area and could be great next to Draymond defensively. The cons are that J-Rich is just ok and has a player option this summer he can opt out of and KP is injury-prone with 1 more year than Wiggins. If we can draft some centers with our 2nd rounders then we will be able to rest KP with load management during the season which will decrease his risk of injury. This would also allow us to re-sign Oubre with the promise of potentially starting at SF with Wiggins gone. However, I'm sure the Mavs would want back way more than just Wiseman, Wiggins, and a 2021 GSW FRP in the 13-19 range.

I think that package is more than enough for Mavs though they likely use a third team.

J-Rich accepts player option in this scenario to allow him to join GSW.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,793

Post#1544 » by cdubbz » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:13 pm

KP is a huge upgrade at C for us. Pick n pop, defender, & rebounder. Paired next to Green it would look real nice. He just comes at at an expensive price tag and health is an issue for me.

I would trade Wiggins, Wiseman and a Warrior pick (not minny). But I would he hesitant.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,793

Post#1545 » by cdubbz » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:20 pm

Kelly Oubre Jr & change for Steven Adams? Adams new salary starting next season is $17million for 2 seasons.

Pelicans would have a lot jam at the wing but maybe they finally explore an Ingram trade to make it Zions team? Idk.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#1546 » by Warriors Analyst » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:14 pm

cdubbz wrote:Kelly Oubre Jr & change for Steven Adams? Adams new salary starting next season is $17million for 2 seasons.

Pelicans would have a lot jam at the wing but maybe they finally explore an Ingram trade to make it Zions team? Idk.

Gross. We've gone on an absolute tear with Looney starting at the C and shifting more minutes to small ball 5 lineups. Obviously I don't think that's sustainable over a full season as it would wear down Dray/JTA/Looney. But Adams wouldn't close on this team and he doesn't space the floor and he's not a better defender than Loone, so what justifies the $12 mil gap in their contracts if Adams won't necessarily be as useful as Looney is? Beyond that, Adams puts another barrier to Wiseman getting minutes and development and while I'm a noted Wiseman skeptic, ultimately he needs to play to get better or see his trade value increase. That won't happen with Adams on the team.
SAKURABA216
Starter
And1: 817

Post#1547 » by SAKURABA216 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:45 pm

Warriors Analyst wrote:
cdubbz wrote:Kelly Oubre Jr & change for Steven Adams? Adams new salary starting next season is $17million for 2 seasons.

Gross. We've gone on an absolute tear with Looney starting at the C and shifting more minutes to small ball 5 lineups. Obviously I don't think that's sustainable over a full season as it would wear down Dray/JTA/Looney. But Adams wouldn't close on this team and he doesn't space the floor and he's not a better defender than Loone, so what justifies the $12 mil gap in their contracts if Adams won't necessarily be as useful as Looney is? Beyond that, Adams puts another barrier to Wiseman getting minutes and development and while I'm a noted Wiseman skeptic, ultimately he needs to play to get better or see his trade value increase. That won't happen with Adams on the team.

I wish we would have tried to trade Oubre or someone else at the deadline for Daniel Theis. He would be great on this team.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,504

Post#1548 » by zimpy27 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:14 pm

Idea from trade forum:

Wiggins/Poole/Paschall/GSW 21 FRP for Grant/Plumlee/Sekou

Does that seem fair?

Curry, Klay, Grant, Green, Plumlee
TaxMLE, JTA/Lee, Bazemore, Sekou, Looney

Pretty interested to see if Green and GSW can help to turn Sekou's game around.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Post#1549 » by donkeylips » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:26 am

Pistons will want more value
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,127

Post#1550 » by clyde21 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:34 am

KPJ with a 50 piece...a Houston got for FREE...a guy i was BEGGING Myers here to throw a second rounder for

ffs Myers.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#1551 » by and1GS » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:02 pm

I mean KPJ did get kicked off his original team for throwing a hissy fit due to his locker being moved. So IDK if it's really fair to blame Myers for that one.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,125

Post#1552 » by TB » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:02 pm

He also has been accused of beating a woman.

I too wanted KPJ over Poole initially. And complained many times as he kept tracking ahead of Poole. But once that news came out... nah, zero interest and not adding KPJ to the list of my Bob complaints.
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,035

Post#1553 » by Jester_ » Sat May 1, 2021 1:05 pm

clyde21 wrote:KPJ with a 50 piece...a Houston got for FREE...a guy i was BEGGING Myers here to throw a second rounder for

ffs Myers.

lmao you're too much :lol:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#1554 » by clyde21 » Sat May 1, 2021 3:22 pm

and1GS wrote:I mean KPJ did get kicked off his original team for throwing a hissy fit due to his locker being moved. So IDK if it's really fair to blame Myers for that one.

im confused...that'd exactly when Myers should've pulled the trigger.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#1555 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sat May 1, 2021 3:39 pm

clyde21 wrote:
and1GS wrote:I mean KPJ did get kicked off his original team for throwing a hissy fit due to his locker being moved. So IDK if it's really fair to blame Myers for that one.

No woman beaters on the Warriors. Why am I not surprised you don't care?

Gangsters and thugs have no place on this team. I'll take rainbow colored party boys like Poole any day over this punk.

Edit:

"The women were in an apartment on the sixth floor of the building when Porter's sister and a 26-year-old woman 'exchanged words,' police reports say. Porter's sister, who is not named in the police report, punched the woman in the face, according to police.

"The woman's 19-year-old friend told police that Porter ripped out her hair weave and punched her on the left side of her face, according to police. A witness told police the punch knocked the woman against a refrigerator."

Another man also reportedly jumped into the alleged fight and "threw around" the 19-year-old woman.

In the more recent incident, the 20-year-old Porter was arrested around 2 a.m. Sunday after crashing his car, with the reporting officers believing fatigue, and not impairment, contributed to the crash. Troopers reportedly found a "loaded .45-caliber handgun and suspected marijuana" in the car.

He was formally charged with fourth-degree felony improperly handling a gun in a motor vehicle, first-degree misdemeanor drug abuse and traffic citations for failure to control and driving without a valid license. He pleaded not guilty to the misdemeanor charges but entered no plea on the gun charge.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#1556 » by clyde21 » Sat May 1, 2021 4:05 pm

man, if only I can be as virtuous and righteous as you guys! :lol:
Jester_
General Manager

Post#1557 » by Jester_ » Sat May 1, 2021 9:23 pm

clyde21 wrote:man, if only I can be as virtuous and righteous as you guys! :lol:

You're giving Myers **** for not drafting a guy that literally every other front office in the league passed on at least once. This kind of nonsense (and not knowing how percentages work apparently) is why it's hard to take your takes seriously
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#1558 » by clyde21 » Sat May 1, 2021 9:27 pm

Jester_ wrote:
clyde21 wrote:man, if only I can be as virtuous and righteous as you guys! :lol:

You're giving Myers **** for not drafting a guy that literally every other front office in the league passed on at least once. This kind of nonsense (and not knowing how percentages work apparently) is why it's hard to take your takes seriously

i am not giving Myers **** for not drafting him, I'm giving Myers **** for not offering a 2nd rounder to the Cavs when they were willing to let him go for nothing.

and you are the one who doesn't understand percentages...Mr TS% MUST mean someone projects as a better shooter.... :lol:
Jester_
General Manager

Post#1559 » by Jester_ » Sun May 2, 2021 12:26 am

clyde21 wrote:
Jester_ wrote:

i am not giving Myers **** for not drafting him, I'm giving Myers **** for not offering a 2nd rounder to the Cavs when they were willing to let him go for nothing.

and you are the one who doesn't understand percentages...Mr TS% MUST mean someone projects as a better shooter.... :lol:

and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#1560 » by and1GS » Sun May 2, 2021 12:30 am

clyde21 wrote:

I get what you're saying. Why not just take the risk if our bench is this bad? But he pissed away all of last season and got kicked off the Cavs - a team he really should have been getting minutes with - for disciplinary reasons. It's fair for a team to be cautious about that type of player. Especially given he would compete directly with Poole for minutes, who already showed promise and was a known quantity.

I get not being a fan of Myers, I'm not thrilled with his work lately either, but this is an odd hill to die on.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in

Return to Golden State Warriors