Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,792

Re: Bazemore Doesn't Want to Have COVID Vaccine 

Post#81 » by michaelm » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:53 am

Old_Blue wrote:
michaelm wrote:
a8bil wrote:Do you have a reading comprehension problem? I wrote that I have taken the vaccine. Perhaps your shot is affecting your ability to think? See, just one more unexpected side affect.

was going to ask him a question then had to do something else. Posted by mistake.
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,363

Post#82 » by GSWFan1994 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:58 am

The ammount of virtue signaling is stupidifying.

Oh well... life goes on.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#83 » by xdrta+ » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:14 am

GSWFan1994 wrote:The ammount of virtue signaling is stupidifying.

Unfortunately, it is surpassed by the amount of ignorance on display. For instance, when people equate a vaccine requirement to fascism.
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,363

Post#84 » by GSWFan1994 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:27 am

xdrta+ wrote:

Unfortunately, it is surpassed by the amount of ignorance on display. For instance, when people equate a vaccine requirement to fascism.

Anything that takes away from an individual's ability to make their own choice for themselves and their family is one step closer to fascism.

Not trying to be rude, but I'm sorry your functional illiteracy confuses "opinion" with "ignorance".

Out of respect to other members, I shall not be posting more in this thread, as I think nothing good will come out of it.

Best wishes.
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#85 » by Old_Blue » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:47 pm

GSWFan1994 wrote:Anything that takes away from an individual's ability to make their own choice for themselves and their family is one step closer to fascism.

Says the guy who stops at red lights. :lol:
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
WESCO
Head Coach
And1: 977

Post#86 » by WESCO » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:01 pm

Lmao any thread that has the word "covid" was gonna trend in this direction
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#87 » by FNQ » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:26 pm

I've been down the anti-vax rabbithole so many times and there's a reason why its not a legitimate medical debate.

Not that any of it matters. But there will be some who have an adverse reaction. Just like with proven, legitimate medications, there is sometimes an adverse reaction. Its still worth the risk by miles and miles, because there is no way to predict who it will affect adversely. It is less than a full percentage point in almost all approved vaccines and drugs.

It is not a logical position to take, and if you take it, you can be, and frankly should be, browbeaten for it. That said, fascism would be forcing you to get it, not mocking an extremely poor decision. And you are not forced to get it. Because I dont think anyone really understands what forced means. If you arent allowed to access certain places without it, you arent being forced. If individual businesses don't want to risk safety so you can have your freedoms, that's not being forced. If an employer requires it for the safety of their customers and other employees, you arent being forced. And most importantly, if you are mocked for your stance on it, its not forced. Forced means you have no choice.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,176

Post#88 » by Impuniti » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:26 pm

As exciting as this is, anyone know what game the boys will be back from COVID protocol? Also, do we know which players have taken it from the team?
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#89 » by Old_Blue » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:04 pm

FNQ wrote:I've been down the anti-vax rabbithole so many times and there's a reason why its not a legitimate medical debate.

Not that any of it matters. But there will be some who have an adverse reaction. Just like with proven, legitimate medications, there is sometimes an adverse reaction. Its still worth the risk by miles and miles, because there is no way to predict who it will affect adversely. It is less than a full percentage point in almost all approved vaccines and drugs.

It is not a logical position to take, and if you take it, you can be, and frankly should be, browbeaten for it. That said, fascism would be forcing you to get it, not mocking an extremely poor decision. And you are not forced to get it. Because I dont think anyone really understands what forced means. If you arent allowed to access certain places without it, you arent being forced. If individual businesses don't want to risk safety so you can have your freedoms, that's not being forced. If an employer requires it for the safety of their customers and other employees, you arent being forced. And most importantly, if you are mocked for your stance on it, its not forced. Forced means you have no choice.

Thank you for this very thoughtful reply.
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#90 » by xdrta+ » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:49 pm

GSWFan1994 wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:

Anything that takes away from an individual's ability to make their own choice for themselves and their family is one step closer to fascism.

Not trying to be rude, but I'm sorry your functional illiteracy confuses "opinion" with "ignorance".

Out of respect to other members, I shall not be posting more in this thread, as I think nothing good will come out of it. Best wishes.

There is nothing illiterate about knowing that "opinion" can equal "ignorance," in addition to the fact that you're the one who insisted that others' opinions were "stupidifying" [sic].

Indeed, nothing good will come of this if you continue to try and convince people that refusing vaccines is in their own interest and has no effect on other people.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#91 » by FNQ » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:06 am

Opinions are always rooted in some sort of ignorance. Otherwise they'd be facts right? :dontknow:

I don't have an opinion that the sky is blue - its a fact - but I do have an opinion that vaccines are mostly safe except for some one-offs, not unlike any other medication. Since I, along with everyone on this planet, doesnt have a 100% grasp on it, there is some ignorance for everyone. For some, a lot more than others, though. And for many, its willful. Willful ignorance is terrible. Ignorance in general? That's literally everyone, on almost every topic.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,144

Post#92 » by TB » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:57 pm

FNQ wrote:I've been down the anti-vax rabbithole so many times and there's a reason why its not a legitimate medical debate.

Speaking of forced... I wish everyone was forced to read and comprehend this post.
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,690

Post#93 » by WarriorGM » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:00 pm

TB wrote:

Speaking of forced... I wish everyone was forced to read and comprehend this post.

So not forced, just coerced. That feels so much better.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#94 » by FNQ » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:15 pm

WarriorGM wrote:
TB wrote:

Some places dont drug test
Some places do

Are they coercing you there?

Some places force you to wear certain attire to enter
Some places don't

Jeezus **** am I sick of the victimhood olympics. You want your freedoms? Fine. Other people want theirs too, and all of a sudden freedoms arent so great huh? Look just pretend Curry told you to do it
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,924

Post#95 » by zimpy27 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:16 pm

WarriorGM wrote:
TB wrote:

Coerced is forced. So not forced, not coerced, just freedom to choose. You can say that it's a subjectively hard choice if you want.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,690

Post#96 » by WarriorGM » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:18 pm

FNQ wrote:
WarriorGM wrote:
TB wrote:

Some places do

Some places don't

Jeezus **** am I sick of the victimhood olympics. You want your freedoms? Fine. Other people want theirs too, and all of a sudden freedoms arent so great huh? Look just pretend Curry told you to do it

No one is forcing or coercing you to get worked up over this issue.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#97 » by FNQ » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:20 pm

WarriorGM wrote:
FNQ wrote:
WarriorGM wrote:

Some places do

Some places don't

No one is forcing or coercing you to get worked up over this issue.

Nope, its a choice. But to be clear - its not the issue, its people's ignorance on how words work
a8bil
Analyst
And1: 1,674

Post#98 » by a8bil » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:21 pm

FNQ wrote:Opinions are always rooted in some sort of ignorance. Otherwise they'd be facts right? :dontknow:

I don't have an opinion that the sky is blue - its a fact - but I do have an opinion that vaccines are mostly safe except for some one-offs, not unlike any other medication. Since I, along with everyone on this planet, doesnt have a 100% grasp on it, there is some ignorance for everyone. For some, a lot more than others, though. And for many, its willful. Willful ignorance is terrible. Ignorance in general? That's literally everyone, on almost every topic.
LOL...too true....but the sky is not blue for those who are color blind. :)

Let me ask you this, as I know you'll give a thoughtful response. At what point along the risk/benefit spectrum is it okay for someone to assert their own personal autonomy and say they're not interested in assuming the (unknown) risk of a vaccine vs. the known risk of the harm they seek to avoid? For diseases like small pox, the death rate was in some instances upwards of 30% of those infected and those that survived it came away with some terrible side effects. Having everyone be vaccinated to get rid of such a lethal disease makes total sense. But if you lower the risks associated with a disease, at what point does compelled vaccination (forced, browbeat or otherwise) no longer become justifiable in comparison to the risks when known? How about when unknown?

Evidence now suggests that the mortality rate of those who contracted COVID is 2% or less (we'll never know because of asymptomatic carriers), and far less in some demographics. The mortality rate for the common flu is about .1% in any given year (still a huge number when spread across large populaces), but the shaming, brow beating, etc. doesn't exist for those not taking vaccines against the common flu. So, where is the line, and why?
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#99 » by FNQ » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:22 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
WarriorGM wrote:
TB wrote:

Coerced is forced. So not forced, not coerced, just freedom to choose. You can say that it's a subjectively hard choice if you want.

but it shouldn't be

But no one has to get the jab. Won't protect you from people who understand risk management and enjoy calling out extremely faulty logic though :thumbsup:
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,924

Post#100 » by zimpy27 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:25 pm

FNQ wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
WarriorGM wrote:

but it shouldn't be

But no one has to get the jab. Won't protect you from people who understand risk management and enjoy calling out extremely faulty logic though :thumbsup:

Honestly, you nailed it with the last post where you state that people don't know what words mean. There seems to be a distinct lack of consistency in how people understand words. That's a significant breakdown in communication that's pretty unavoidable.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie

Return to Golden State Warriors