Game 62: Dallas Mavericks (33-27) @ Golden State Warriors (31-30) - 9:30PM

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Re: Game 62: Dallas Mavericks (33-27) @ Golden State Warriors (31-30) - 9:30PM 

Post#121 » by FNQ » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:03 pm

shazam_guy wrote:Keep Mulder and Lee, throw out Poole? What team exactly have you folks been watching?

yiiikes

gotta admit though, its fun to see people's opinions of our bench change on a dime after every game. Poolehating is the best.. IDC if people arent as high on him as me but him being a discarded piece is just laughable on a team with so little guard skills on it. But Mulder and Lee are keepers? :o
SpreeChokeJob
Veteran
And1: 1,400

Post#122 » by SpreeChokeJob » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:00 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:
SpreeChokeJob wrote:
Warriors Analyst wrote:

Small ball is terrible on players health. Nash is the only one who made it for the long term . He was a beneath the basket player and rarely left his two feet.

The goal for this year is to keep everyone healthy for next year when Klay comes back. It’s too late to tank, so might as well pace themselves to a low playoff position.

That's a really great point....."small ball is terrible on players health".

Maybe ownership should consider adjusting the style of play to help preserve player like Curry...Draymond. Playing undersized EVERY night and having to play faster than the other team to take advantage of size and compestate for the rebounding....not good long term.

Maybe it makes sense to bring in Wiseman next year....for the size and youth....slow the game down....go bigger.

It’s hard because the three point game has changed everything. Offense runs through the guards and wings, so everything is fast paced. Other teams are shooting the three just as well.

Wiseman should focus on rebounding and doing the defensive work. It sucks because a big man’s role is limited unless they can move like Giannis or KD or they can stripe the three at 40pct.

They could have got what they plan on getting from Wiseman from McGee. Rebound, set picks, and block shots. No need to burn a number two pick. The only way he has value is he if becomes unstoppable in the post or develops moves like Giannis or shoots the three at 40pct.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,153

Post#123 » by cpower » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:45 pm

FNQ wrote:
shazam_guy wrote:Keep Mulder and Lee, throw out Poole? What team exactly have you folks been watching?

yiiikes

gotta admit though, its fun to see people's opinions of our bench change on a dime after every game. Poolehating is the best.. IDC if people arent as high on him as me but him being a discarded piece is just laughable on a team with so little guard skills on it. But Mulder and Lee are keepers? :o

all belong to the deep bench..poole has a little more upside but his 3% worries me...he needs to shoot more than 38% from the three. I am ok to keep him for 3rd string PG but he cant be playing the 6th man role on this team.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#124 » by FNQ » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:09 pm

.560 TS% for a guy who actually doesnt get the Curry bump and we're like nah, give us the guys who can't create for themselves and have no upside
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,801

Post#125 » by floppymoose » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:14 pm

Nobody is going to give an asset for Lee/Mulder/JTA. That is why I'm fine with them being deep bench. They are actually quite decent for that role on the team. The reason I want Poole gone is because I think he might increase the value of a trade package. And we should be trading. Poole isn't a long term piece. He has some value as a microwave guy but I don't think he is part of a winning core. So let's move on if we can get a return for him. Same for EP.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#126 » by and1GS » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:16 pm

Plus he can dribble, pass and penetrate without throwing up on himself which is more than I can say for Damion and Mychal. They have their moments, but there's a reason 80% of Mychal's shots and 70% of Lee's come from 3. It's their role, sure, but they're also petrified of trying to make a play.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#127 » by shazam_guy » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:25 am

I don't really get this concept that Poole better than the other two, so we should hang onto them and try to get -- what, a slightly better bench guy in exchange for Poole? Poole IS the slightly better bench guy already, with potential to improve, and we've already invested two years in him.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#128 » by FNQ » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:39 am

floppymoose wrote:Nobody is going to give an asset for Lee/Mulder/JTA. That is why I'm fine with them being deep bench. They are actually quite decent for that role on the team. The reason I want Poole gone is because I think he might increase the value of a trade package. And we should be trading. Poole isn't a long term piece. He has some value as a microwave guy but I don't think he is part of a winning core. So let's move on if we can get a return for him. Same for EP.

Oh if its a trade thing, then yeah, you aren't hoarding Poole stock and having it kill a trade you want. EP probably a lot closer to Lee/Mulder in terms of not having any value

Guys like Poole can be sold as 2nd stringers with starting potential, and if a team is willing to pay for that, sure, why not. But I wouldnt actively be looking to deal someone with his skillset, considering we have absolutely no one that can replace it. He's arguably our 2nd best scoring weapon right now, but you could shuffle him with Oubre/Wiggins based on whos hot or not
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#129 » by HiRez » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:55 am

The bottom line is we're not going anywhere with a bunch of guys who give you a good game only once every 3-5 games. And that describes a good chunk of this team.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#130 » by FNQ » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:29 am

HiRez wrote:The bottom line is we're not going anywhere with a bunch of guys who give you a good game only once every 3-5 games. And that describes a good chunk of this team.

And that's entirely on them, not a system.. right?

Poole, Wiggins and Oubre have all been thrown into the 2nd unit with the idea that they need to make the 2nd unit good offensively, basically by themselves, or else they aren't good scorers.. it makes no sense. All 3 were streaky because of things like that, and if they weren't..

Wiggins wouldnt be overpaid
Oubre wouldn't be as maligned
and Poole wouldnt get an inordinate amount of hate based on wacky expectations

If people playing with Curry are having a good game once every 3-5 games, yea scrap them. If people playing off the bench are doing that.. that's how most bench players play. Livingston played that way. Barbosa. Jarrett Jack. Jermaine O Neal. Speights. If they didn't, they wouldn't be backups. The key is being versatile and being able to affect the game in more than one way. And Poole is one of the only backups who can be effective if his primary skill isn't on. How many other backups on this team can? How about in the NBA?

The problem with this team is that the talent at the top is lacking beyond Curry.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#131 » by KevinMcreynolds » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:24 am

All three of them are cheeks
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#132 » by Warriors Analyst » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:47 am

cpower wrote:
FNQ wrote:

yiiikes

all belong to the deep bench..poole has a little more upside but his 3% worries me...he needs to shoot more than 38% from the three. I am ok to keep him for 3rd string PG but he cant be playing the 6th man role on this team.

Poole shoots 37% on catch and shoot threes. 25% of his total three point attempts on the year are pull-ups and he's shooting those at a bad 31% clip. But I want to note that Poole is taking a lot of difficult shots, even when he catches and shoots it. A lot of these threes are not stand-still but rather threes flying off a screen ala Klay Thompson, Joe Harris, Marco Belinelli, etc. His percentages are comparable, if not better to someone like Jordan Clarkson, Spencer Dinwiddie, or Jamal Crawford, all of whom subsisted on a similar diet of difficult shots.

Return to Golden State Warriors