ImageImageImageImageImage

Does Lillard want out, and what would it take to get him?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

snadler
Head Coach
And1: 7,943

Does Lillard want out, and what would it take to get him? 

Post#1 » by snadler » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:23 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

I assume it would have to start with a package of RJ, Obi and a first..
HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 28,469

Re: Does Lillard want out, and what would it take to get him? 

Post#2 » by HerSports85 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:35 pm

50 mil at 33 and 34... I'll pass
BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,000

Post#3 » by Reign23 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:08 pm

HerSports85 wrote:50 mil at 33 and 34... I'll pass

I think he will age very well with his shooting and passing. would be beyond insane if we get him. but he will retire as a blazer.
formerly known as knickst4pe
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,355

Post#4 » by god shammgod » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:10 pm

there's no part of the article where there is the slightest rumor that dame is unhappy or wants out. it's chris haynes saying he should be.
BowlRips
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,835

Post#5 » by BowlRips » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:14 pm

god shammgod wrote:there's no part of the article where there is the slightest rumor that dame is unhappy or wants out. it's chris haynes saying he should be.

Chris Haynes has been Dames mouthpiece since he's been in the league.
snadler
Head Coach

Post#6 » by snadler » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:15 pm

BowlRips wrote:
god shammgod wrote:there's no part of the article where there is the slightest rumor that dame is unhappy or wants out. it's chris haynes saying he should be.

Chris Haynes has been Dames mouthpiece since he's been in the league.

Exactly, this was reported for that exact reason, Dame clearly is behind it
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#7 » by god shammgod » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:17 pm

dame wrote an article where he criticized himself for not speaking up more ?
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,502

Post#8 » by DaGawd » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:20 pm

god shammgod wrote:dame wrote an article where he criticized himself for not speaking up more ?

It’s probably a passive aggressive way if saying this organization has failed me.. please trade me out of courtesy.. so he doesn’t look like the bad guy
BaF
Washington Wizards
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,680

Post#9 » by Knicksfan1992 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:21 pm

god shammgod wrote:dame wrote an article where he criticized himself for not speaking up more ?

More like "I've been a good soldier but you guys haven't held up your end of the bargain and it's time for me to publicly put pressure on you"

Anyway, anybody saying they would pass up on Dame is ridiculous. If the Knicks have any notion that Dame would be interested in joining the Knicks it's all hands on deck IMO. Everything outside of maybe RJ and Randle is on the table in that scenario IMO.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,885

Post#10 » by Deeeez Knicks » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:22 pm

If you can get Dame without giving up Randle or RJ then it is def worth considering.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Knicksfan1992
RealGM

Post#11 » by Knicksfan1992 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:24 pm

DaGawd wrote:

It’s probably a passive aggressive way if saying this organization has failed me.. please trade me out of courtesy.. so he doesn’t look like the bad guy

Eh I don't think this is a trade request necessarily. I think it's more of a "trade CJ or something for a real upgrade" request or i will be forced to look elsewhere

CJ may be more realistically attainable than once thought. He'd be an interesting fit for this roster. Not really a point but can facilitate a little bit and is a big time clutch shot maker.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#12 » by god shammgod » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:26 pm

if this is dame speaking behind the scenes, it seems a little more like him saying make a move to improve the team and get a new coach rather than trade me anyway.
Hes_On_Fire
Head Coach
And1: 9,279

Post#13 » by Hes_On_Fire » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:27 pm

New York Knicks franchise W-L record as of 9/2/22 since James L Dolan assumed full ownership (2001):

673-1,007
snadler
Head Coach

Post#14 » by snadler » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:30 pm

god shammgod wrote:if this is dame speaking behind the scenes, it seems a little more like him saying make a move to improve the team and get a new coach rather than trade me anyway.

This can definitely be true, but if you look at their squad, and the competition out west, there is no move they can make that will put them as a contender, and they aren't signing max free agents to play in portland. He's better off at this stage going to a bigger market and compete than staying in portland where he'll never get over the hump
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#15 » by god shammgod » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:31 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
DaGawd wrote:

Eh I don't think this is a trade request necessarily. I think it's more of a "trade CJ or something for a real upgrade" request or i will be forced to look elsewhere

CJ may be more realistically attainable than once thought. He'd be an interesting fit for this roster. Not really a point but can facilitate a little bit and is a big time clutch shot maker.

he's not worth what it will cost to get him. you'll pay for him like an all-star but he's really a little less than that.
Hes_On_Fire
Head Coach
And1: 9,279

Post#16 » by Hes_On_Fire » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:33 pm

Lillard is a generational talent and a top 10 player in the league today. His game is not based on athleticism. He has one of the best jumpers in league history. Saying no to him due to making $50 million when he's 33 (which is still the tail end of his prime) is ludicrous. If he's available we have to go all the way in to get this guy at all costs. Dame + Randle + potentially RJ = Finals contender.
New York Knicks franchise W-L record as of 9/2/22 since James L Dolan assumed full ownership (2001):

673-1,007
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,502

Post#17 » by DaGawd » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:37 pm

Hes_On_Fire wrote:

Yeah I can understand pinching pennies on some marginal player.. this is a perennial MVP candidate
BaF
Washington Wizards
Knicksfan1992
RealGM

Post#18 » by Knicksfan1992 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:39 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
DaGawd wrote:It’s probably a passive aggressive way if saying this organization has failed me.. please trade me out of courtesy.. so he doesn’t look like the bad guy

he's not worth what it will cost to get him. you'll pay for him like an all-star but he's really a little less than that.

Probably true. You would need to find a 3rd team to send something good to Portland to cut the cost a little bit.

It's tough to find the workable CJ trade where he lands on the Knicks. It's gotta be a 3rd team that is looking to rebuild but has a win now piece that helps Dame out and is a real upgrade.... It's hard to find that currently.

Maybe Ingram on NOLA but I have to imagine they are looking to win around Zion sooner rather than later. Lowry S&T to Portland?

Maybe Malcolm Brogdon, Turner or Sabonis to Portland? Or Jerami Grant. None of those feel like concrete enough upgrades to CJ. He's in a weird tier of player that's tough to upgrade on but not really a desirable piece for most teams at the same time.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,972

Post#19 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:40 pm

We’ll have to give up RJ at least in my opinion. Do you still do it
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Knicksfan1992
RealGM

Post#20 » by Knicksfan1992 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:40 pm

Hes_On_Fire wrote:Lillard is a generational talent and a top 10 player in the league today. His game is not based on athleticism. He has one of the best jumpers in league history. Saying no to him due to making $50 million when he's 33 (which is still the tail end of his prime) is ludicrous. If he's available we have to go all the way in to get this guy at all costs. Dame + Randle + potentially RJ = Finals contender.

Lillard isn't Curry but he's about the closest thing in the league to him. Look at what Curry is doing with that god awful Warriors roster at age 33. Lillard will be just fine at that age.

Return to New York Knicks