Trade Discussion 22/23

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,034

Re: Trade Discussion 20/21 

Post#1281 » by Mavrelous » Sat May 1, 2021 9:14 am

West seeding is one big mystery, 1 and 2 between Suns and Jazz, 3 4 Clippers and Nuggets, 5 6 7 8 is up in the air.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
aggerrard
Sixth Man
And1: 948

Post#1282 » by aggerrard » Sat May 1, 2021 5:33 pm

What teams can be in play for a KP trade? I have Wizards, Celtics, Portland, GSW, Kings and Pelicans as 6 potential destinations.

Wizards - package with Bertans, Bryant & a 1st (+ salary filler)
Celtics - Kemba & a 1st
Portland - RoCo, Jones Jr & a 1st
GSW - Wiggins & a 1st
Kings - Hield & a 1st
Pelicans - Bledsoe, Adams & a 1st
ACMFFL
Senior
And1: 567

Post#1283 » by ACMFFL » Sat May 1, 2021 6:30 pm

I'm still hoping for a KP-Siakam swap.
"All dreams are crazy until they come true."
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#1284 » by Mavrelous » Sat May 1, 2021 6:36 pm

KP returned from his 2nd major injury playing bad defense, sprained his ankle and his knee is sore again.
He's a bad contract now, that's the truth, until he mends one of his 2 major problems, availability a d defense, the only way to trade him is another bad contract
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#1285 » by ejs78 » Sun May 2, 2021 12:15 am

If it's a bad contract who is available to play more than KP I'd likely do it.
KhalilS wrote:KP returned from his 2nd major injury playing bad defense, sprained his ankle and his knee is sore again.
He's a bad contract now, that's the truth, until he mends one of his 2 major problems, availability a d defense, the only way to trade him is another bad contract

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 709

Post#1286 » by Mike lorenzo » Sun May 2, 2021 12:38 am

aggerrard wrote:What teams can be in play for a KP trade? I have Wizards, Celtics, Portland, GSW, Kings and Pelicans as 6 potential destinations.

Celtics - Kemba & a 1st
GSW - Wiggins & a 1st
Kings - Hield & a 1st

add Spurs ... DDR (ST) or 1 Protected and savings
KP for Vuc / T. Young
KP for Harris / Bamba / Okeke
KP/ Brunson / Maxi for Ingram / Adams .
KP for Lowry(ST)Boucher
1+1=11
leolozon
General Manager
And1: 7,724

Post#1287 » by leolozon » Sun May 2, 2021 3:39 am

KhalilS wrote:KP returned from his 2nd major injury playing bad defense, sprained his ankle and his knee is sore again.

Was he ever a good contract? Maybe you can say he was an average contract, but my personal opinion is that he never deserved a max to begin with.

I understand the idea to take risks, but that was a bad risk and the Mavs were impatient.
Bluelabel24
Junior
And1: 51

Post#1288 » by Bluelabel24 » Sun May 2, 2021 4:04 am

Mike lorenzo wrote:
aggerrard wrote:What teams can be in play for a KP trade? I have Wizards, Celtics, Portland, GSW, Kings and Pelicans as 6 potential destinations.

Celtics - Kemba & a 1st
GSW - Wiggins & a 1st
Kings - Hield & a 1st

KP for Vuc / T. Young
KP for Lowry(ST)Boucher

i think most of these scenarios are realistic..
i like the KP for harris bamba okeke the most but if its possible to get Isaac instead of bamba would be much better even if we had to add a young piece like green. reason i think its realistic is KP,Isaac,Okeke all had acl injury history and magic could get rid of harris and his terrible contract.

then the one for ingram and adams.
Bluelabel24
Junior
And1: 51

Post#1289 » by Bluelabel24 » Sun May 2, 2021 5:37 am

what do you guys think of this??
KP, jGreen to Wolves for Rubio, Mcdaniels, Beasley.

mcdaniels already looks like a top tier defender and a solid 3pt shooter.. also time for wolves to let Dlo eat up those pg mins instead of sharing it with Rubio.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#1290 » by Mavrelous » Sun May 2, 2021 7:14 am

The value is good, but the Wolves won't pay 2 max contracts for offensively oriented Cs, it's possible if KAT leaves.
BlueSan
Sixth Man
And1: 828

Post#1291 » by BlueSan » Sun May 2, 2021 7:40 am

Bluelabel24 wrote:what do you guys think of this??
KP, jGreen to Wolves for Rubio, Mcdaniels, Beasley.

mcdaniels already looks like a top tier defender and a solid 3pt shooter.. also time for wolves to let Dlo eat up those pg mins instead of sharing it with Rubio.

Terrible.

Rather have KP than those 3, even if he sits 66% of the year. We shouldn't be filling the roster with such players, we need to build a team around Luka and the last resort is trade KP for a bunch of expiring bad contracts and be done with. But I still think you can get a good to a decent player for him, a lot will depend on the playoff performance
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#1292 » by arkuo » Sun May 2, 2021 10:13 am

Those names wont move the needle and take Dallas over the top. Cuban said in his interview that he wont make moves for the sake of making moves. It has to be for someone who is a difference maker (all star) or none at all.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,736

Post#1293 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun May 2, 2021 12:29 pm

arkuo wrote:Those names wont move the needle and take Dallas over the top. Cuban said in his interview that he wont make moves for the sake of making moves. It has to be for someone who is a difference maker (all star) or none at all.

It's time for Cuban to shut his mouth.
We waste a lot of years and a lot of draft picks pursuing a big name in FA, now we have one of the best players in NBA and we are ready to win right now.
Nobody wants to come here for the jersey, we are not LA or NY...we have to improve our roster year by year and stop wasting time. Stop.
aggerrard
Sixth Man
And1: 948

Post#1294 » by aggerrard » Sun May 2, 2021 2:41 pm

Any idea of the trade-value of Kleber, DFS and Brunson?
Mike lorenzo
Analyst

Post#1295 » by Mike lorenzo » Sun May 2, 2021 3:36 pm

aggerrard wrote:Any idea of the trade-value of Kleber, DFS and Brunson?
en my opinion. .
I would say 1 late ... So I'll stay with them .. Brunson, is a scoring machine, young and on a rookie contract, he is a defensive responsibility, small size and tunnel vision, he does not believe for others, and he does not pass the ball ...
Maxi, good contract and team player, versatile and good defender, very limited offensively ..
DFS..the most valuable of the 3, in my opinion, 3D wing that keeps improving, good rebounder and one of the best contracts in the league, maybe a 1 in the middle? He would be almost untouchable..in me opinion
1+1=11
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#1296 » by arkuo » Sun May 2, 2021 4:38 pm

That can probably get you a S&T Spencer Dinwiddie in the summer. Nets need bench depth, Dallas needs to consolidate these salaries for better starters.
Archx
General Manager
And1: 7,763

Post#1297 » by Archx » Sun May 2, 2021 4:54 pm

Who fits better with Doncic than Maxi and DFS? Specially DFS who is getting better by the day and is criminally underpaid. And Maxi, i'm not saying he's a perfect starter but is still perfect role player for this team. He just had many problems with COVID and is slowly coming back to form, so some people might think he's not good or whatever.

Mr. Untouchable is debatable but he's also someone who can contribute a lot off the bench.

Primary targets to be unloaded are obviously KP, Jrich, WCS, Burke etc... I was extremely critical of Powell but i guess Luka makes him look really good.

I know people would want to sign a star but you can't just unload 1/3 of roster for someone who might or might not fill the void. If you need to trade for a star, KP should be included.
Mavs have solid role players that can mesh well with Luka, but one "star", who is missing tons of games and then needs another stretch of 10 games to even get back to form just to get injured again. So i would look to trade KP first, if the plan is to trade him obviously, and then go from there.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,736

Post#1298 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun May 2, 2021 7:33 pm

Luka makes better everyone, they are good but we could replace them easily...
Mike lorenzo
Analyst

Post#1299 » by Mike lorenzo » Sun May 2, 2021 8:28 pm

Bluelabel24 wrote:
Mike lorenzo wrote:

Celtics - Kemba & a 1st
GSW - Wiggins & a 1st
Kings - Hield & a 1st

KP for Vuc / T. Young
KP for Lowry(ST)Boucher

i think most of these scenarios are realistic..
i like the KP for harris bamba okeke the most but if its possible to get Isaac instead of bamba would be much better even if we had to add a young piece like green. reason i think its realistic is KP,Isaac,Okeke all had acl injury history and magic could get rid of harris and his terrible contract.

then the one for ingram and adams.
If I took a chance on Isaak..but .. Magic would hold on to him..they just renewed him and moved Gordon ... Carter has been playing, well in Orlando though.
1+1=11
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#1300 » by Pinkyring » Mon May 3, 2021 12:25 am

Archx wrote:

Who fits better with Doncic than Maxi and DFS? Specially DFS who is getting better by the day and is criminally underpaid. And Maxi, i'm not saying he's a perfect starter but is still perfect role player for this team. He just had many problems with COVID and is slowly coming back to form, so some people might think he's not good or whatever.

Mr. Untouchable is debatable but he's also someone who can contribute a lot off the bench.

Primary targets to be unloaded are obviously KP, Jrich, WCS, Burke etc... I was extremely critical of Powell but i guess Luka makes him look really good.

I know people would want to sign a star but you can't just unload 1/3 of roster for someone who might or might not fill the void. If you need to trade for a star, KP should be included.
Mavs have solid role players that can mesh well with Luka, but one "star", who is missing tons of games and then needs another stretch of 10 games to even get back to form just to get injured again. So i would look to trade KP first, if the plan is to trade him obviously, and then go from there.

Dorian is a decent starter maxi is mediocre and should be a bench player

Return to Dallas Mavericks