ImageImageImage

Around the League: Offseason

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,859

Re: Around the League: Trade deadline and beyond! 

Post#321 » by Stanford » Sun May 2, 2021 9:51 pm

Go bucks go
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#322 » by kuclas » Sun May 2, 2021 10:00 pm

Do the sixers want to lose to the nets in the ecf?

It’s gonna to be an interesting week. If bucks win Tuesday night. It will tighten the race for the 1/2/3 seed if Sixers mess up the next two nights.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#323 » by Stanford » Sun May 2, 2021 10:06 pm

Much love to the homie giannis. I've always believed in him
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,034

Post#324 » by Murray_17 » Sun May 2, 2021 10:12 pm

kuclas wrote:It’s gonna to be an interesting week. If bucks win Tuesday night. It will tighten the race for the 1/2/3 seed if Sixers mess up the next two nights.

Besides today the only team over .500 we're playing is the Heat.

The Nets and the Bucks have a more difficult schedule, they have to play between each other one more time and we have 3 games over the Bucks right now. We're basically 2 games over the Nets too (if we win today), because we own the tiebreak.

We should be fine unless we have some absences again.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Post#325 » by Arsenal » Sun May 2, 2021 10:20 pm

sodmoraes wrote:For Dame, i would trade Simmons, Maxey ( or Thybulle) and two first round picks. He's that good, and he and Embiid would be unstoppable.

Sent from my SM-G920I using RealGM mobile app

I wouldn't trade Ben straight up for Dame.

Dame is fantastic but no. Hell no.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Post#326 » by Arsenal » Sun May 2, 2021 10:22 pm

Kobblehead wrote:Dame is among the most loyal stars in the league. If he starts to get antsy about the situation in Portland, I think he approaches the front office about a way to improve as opposed to asking out. Which likely leads to a McCollum trade.

Dame and Steph are organizational lifers. They don't make 'em like that no more.

Thankfully, we have one too.
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,776

Post#327 » by Skates » Sun May 2, 2021 10:25 pm

This year is entirely unpredictable with the compacted schedule and health and safety issues, but the current Sixers squad has far more ability to go on a season ending streak of merciless and deeply efficient play. Team chemistry, depth and defense are major strengths now, unlike any of the BB years. Loved Brett, but this team is way more tuned up to play a contender role...again, with this being a tear when the goofiest crap can happen at any moment.
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,034

Post#328 » by Murray_17 » Sun May 2, 2021 10:27 pm

Also, i'm not worried about halfcourt offense against the nets. Giannis got 49 against them today.

Their defense is just bad.
cool93
Analyst
And1: 1,992

Post#329 » by cool93 » Mon May 3, 2021 12:01 am

Arsenal wrote:
sodmoraes wrote:For Dame, i would trade Simmons, Maxey ( or Thybulle) and two first round picks. He's that good, and he and Embiid would be unstoppable.

Sent from my SM-G920I using RealGM mobile app

I wouldn't trade Ben straight up for Dame.

Dame is fantastic but no. Hell no.
Lol

Sent from my G3416 using RealGM mobile app
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#330 » by DCasey91 » Mon May 3, 2021 12:47 am

Man we have a cupcake schedule the rest of the way. Should win every single one of them. Nets have Bucks, Mavs, Nugs lose two or one of them. We should get the 1 seed. Not worried about the Bucks.

HCA is our best route to the finals. We are crazy great at home.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,738

Post#331 » by phillynative » Mon May 3, 2021 12:54 pm

Rooting for the Hawks to keep the Heat in 6th place. Would love for Bucks and Heat to meet in the first round.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#332 » by Stanford » Mon May 3, 2021 2:55 pm

Read on Twitter

lol, LeBron is one of the game's all time corniest losers. He's perfect for the Lakers and Laker fans.

It's hilarious to see opponents of the play-in fetishizing the 7 and 8 seeds as if they're sacrosanct. The number of teams that make the playoffs in basketball has been absurd compared to baseball and football. The fact is, the 8 seed has been a joke for most of my life and every year there's moaning about how pointless the first round is because of it. LeBron is right, you should have to earn your spot in the playoffs and 8 seeds almost never do, at least in the east.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,795

Post#333 » by Negrodamus » Mon May 3, 2021 6:42 pm

I like LeBron and never want him to get injured but....

Read on Twitter

The Lakers getting the play-in game will be the funniest thing that has happened this season.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,517

Post#334 » by 76ciology » Mon May 3, 2021 7:11 pm

Scary Giannis
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#335 » by 76ciology » Mon May 3, 2021 7:11 pm

DCasey91 wrote:Man we have a cupcake schedule the rest of the way. Should win every single one of them. Nets have Bucks, Mavs, Nugs lose two or one of them. We should get the 1 seed. Not worried about the Bucks.

Read on Twitter

Confirmed
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,471

Post#336 » by youngcrev » Mon May 3, 2021 8:10 pm

76ciology wrote:

Scary Giannis

He's going to be a major problem for that Nets team in a 7 game series, which is why that #1 seed is so huge.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#337 » by Stanford » Mon May 3, 2021 8:36 pm

76ciology wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:Man we have a cupcake schedule the rest of the way. Should win every single one of them. Nets have Bucks, Mavs, Nugs lose two or one of them. We should get the 1 seed. Not worried about the Bucks.

Read on Twitter

Confirmed

I am a little worried about tonight's game though
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,442

Post#338 » by Eyeamok » Mon May 3, 2021 8:45 pm

Stanford wrote:
76ciology wrote:

Read on Twitter

Confirmed

I am a little worried about tonight's game though

Big white opposing center on a back to back OT game. Sounds like a loss for the 76ers, but if we can't help our own cause and just expect everyone else to do the heavy lifting for us, then we don't deserve the #1 seed.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,105

Post#339 » by Kobblehead » Mon May 3, 2021 8:52 pm

Bucks are the best all-around team in the East, but they're still over-reliant on a subpar creator dominating such a high percentage of their offensive possessions. Just like every other postseason, they'll only go as far as the degree to which Giannis is willing to defer to their superior shotcreators (Middleton/Holiday).
76ciology
RealGM

Post#340 » by 76ciology » Tue May 4, 2021 4:49 am

Kobblehead wrote:Bucks are the best all-around team in the East, but they're still over-reliant on a subpar creator dominating such a high percentage of their offensive possessions. Just like every other postseason, they'll only go as far as the degree to which Giannis is willing to defer to their superior shotcreators (Middleton/Holiday).

They’re the team i fear the most. I do think they’re the most equipped team to beat us.

Giannis not going after the MVP. Their team not going after regular season win loss record, kind of make them scarier for me,

Biid has to have a stellar shooting performance in a 7 game series against them because he wont be able to rely on his inside game when Brolo is in the paint while Giannis (who’s defending Ben) is providing help defense.

Bucks can also play a 2 man game with Jrue-Brolo where they can exploit Biid’s not that good PnR defense. Brolo can pull Biid out.

I find that there are just loses that pivots a franchise. Loses that makes them realize things. And I do think a lose against the Bucks will do that for us.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers