ImageImageImage

Playoff Rotation

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Re: Playoff Rotation 

Post#41 » by 76ciology » Mon May 3, 2021 6:18 am

With the way the league has gone away from having a big, it’s nice to see that sometimes D12 could be our 6th man off the bench.

And we have the personnel to create a good 5 man unit for him to max him out on favorable match-ups. We can either play very small with Thybulle at PF and GHill at SF or play regular size with Tobi at PF and Thybulle or Kork at SF.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Post#42 » by TTP » Mon May 3, 2021 6:53 am

76ciology wrote:With the way the league has gone away from having a big, it’s nice to see that sometimes D12 could be our 6th man off the bench.

And we have the personnel to create a good 5 man unit for him to max him out on favorable match-ups. We can either play very small with Thybulle at PF and GHill at SF or play regular size with Tobi at PF and Thybulle or Kork at SF.

I don't think Dwight is ever going to be the first off the bench unless Embiid is in early foul trouble. You're never going to play him with Embiid, and Doc is pretty much never taking Embiid out first.

The last two games, Matisse was the first off the bench. The previous game it was George Hill. For much of the season prior, it was Shake.

Unlike the other bench guys, who have the ability to move up in the rotation to 6th man based on the merits of their own play, Dwight's entrance is entirely tied to Embiid. I'd go as far as to say that Dwight is the least likely member of the rotation to come off the bench first, especially in the playoffs.
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Post#43 » by 76ciology » Mon May 3, 2021 7:23 am

TTP wrote:
76ciology wrote:With the way the league has gone away from having a big, it’s nice to see that sometimes D12 could be our 6th man off the bench.

I don't think Dwight is ever going to be the first off the bench unless Embiid is in early foul trouble. You're never going to play him with Embiid, and Doc is pretty much never taking Embiid out first.

The last two games, Matisse was the first off the bench. The previous game it was George Hill. For much of the season prior, it was Shake.

Unlike the other bench guys, who have the ability to move up in the rotation to 6th man based on the merits of their own play, Dwight's entrance is entirely tied to Embiid. I'd go as far as to say that Dwight is the least likely member of the rotation to come off the bench first, especially in the playoffs.

I meant D12 as sometimes being the most reliable guy off the bench. Our edge against 2nd units.

Regarding the first player off the bench, I noticed Doc usually likes to have GHill play that role for that. Mainly because of his versatility, doc plays him from 1-3 positions and frequently as a sub to either Ben or Tobi.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers