ImageImageImageImageImage

Does Lillard want out, and what would it take to get him?

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Jimmit79
Head Coach
And1: 5,251

Re: Does Lillard want out, and what would it take to get him? 

Post#201 » by Jimmit79 » Mon May 3, 2021 10:37 am

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Jimmit79 wrote:
blueNorange wrote:here's the thing, who cares about your selfish self?

i rather roll with rj's next 10 years of competitive basketball vs lillard's 2 years of competitive basketball, and then hope he's good enough to keep on the court, because lord knows when it comes to defense he's kevin knox bad.
RJ will never be #1 or 2 option right now he's getting good looks because of Randle and Rose creating all opportunities so some of you guys feel a third wheel should not be traded for #1 scoring option who also would finally give us a PG and can score in clutch.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

He's a number 2 option right now at 20

Only half of all of RJ's shots are assisted, he's scoring .87ppp on isolations, just for reference Zach LaVine is the 3rd best isolation scorer in the leaguer right now, he scored .83ppp on isolations his 3rd year in the league, 10% more of his shots were assisted than RJ's are. Someone like Bradley Beal is only at .92ppp, to say RJ will never be able to be a 1st or 2nd option is crazy talk.
He's not #2 Randle and Rose are always in the game so RJ can play third wheel comfortably the last time RJ was #1 go to option was when Knicks barely beat bucks gsquad I mean come on you guys must watch the game are you blind Rose and Randle clearly the go to option.

Jimmit79
Head Coach

Post#202 » by Jimmit79 » Mon May 3, 2021 10:45 am

Look all it comes down to is either trade RJ or IQ for a star player I feel IQ is more modern his quick release and infinite range plus his growth gives him a higher chance of becoming a star player. RJ on the other hand was born in wrong era he would have been star in 90s in current NBA he's not even better then kuzma he lacks the specs to go against leagues elite wings he's not quick nor is he athletic freak so sry RJ would have to go over IQ.

cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,306

Post#203 » by cgmw » Mon May 3, 2021 1:57 pm

blueNorange wrote:
cgmw wrote:I’m just gonna post this here—

Prepare yourselves, Knick fans, for the inevitable prisoner-of-the-moment fallout when (not if) RJ Barrett fails in a big moment that costs us a Playoff game and/or series next month.

Because NY fans are brutal, loud, demanding, and have a tendency to influence Knick management into doing some dumb sh*t like trading a rising star 20 year old for the final productive 2-3 seasons of a $35m salaried scoring guard despite not having a championship core.

As soon as we lose in the playoffs, personally I’m preparing myself for the onslaught of hot takes trying to throw RJ under the first bus to Portland or Golden State. It’s coming. IDK what Leon/Wes will do this summer, but I’ll have the popcorn ready.

i see the opposite, rj is cold blooded and will excel in the playoffs.

I agree with you.

However, eventually the Knicks aren’t winning the championship this year. At some point, the run will end, and I’m telling you fans will be ANGRY and will begin to EXPECT a Finals run the following season.

Randle is now untouchable, which means lots and lots and lots of New Yorkers will turn on RJ and see him as nothing but bait for shortcut Starphking.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,217

Post#204 » by Oscirus » Mon May 3, 2021 2:40 pm

Jimmit79 wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Jimmit79 wrote:RJ will never be #1 or 2 option right now he's getting good looks because of Randle and Rose creating all opportunities so some of you guys feel a third wheel should not be traded for #1 scoring option who also would finally give us a PG and can score in clutch.

Only half of all of RJ's shots are assisted, he's scoring .87ppp on isolations, just for reference Zach LaVine is the 3rd best isolation scorer in the leaguer right now, he scored .83ppp on isolations his 3rd year in the league, 10% more of his shots were assisted than RJ's are. Someone like Bradley Beal is only at .92ppp, to say RJ will never be able to be a 1st or 2nd option is crazy talk.
He's not #2 Randle and Rose are always in the game so RJ can play third wheel comfortably the last time RJ was #1 go to option was when Knicks barely beat bucks gsquad I mean come on you guys must watch the game are you blind Rose and Randle clearly the go to option.

So the post you quoted backed their **** up with facts and yours is still based on opinions. RJ averages 35 minnutes a game to derrick rose's 22 and rose doesnt even start, but sure rj's somehow always playing third wheel in the game to rose and randle. We aint doing that Isaiah thomas **** anymore, if thats what you want from this team, go root for the team across the bridge
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
Oscirus
RealGM

Post#205 » by Oscirus » Mon May 3, 2021 2:43 pm

cgmw wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
cgmw wrote:I’m just gonna post this here—

Prepare yourselves, Knick fans, for the inevitable prisoner-of-the-moment fallout when (not if) RJ Barrett fails in a big moment that costs us a Playoff game and/or series next month.

Because NY fans are brutal, loud, demanding, and have a tendency to influence Knick management into doing some dumb sh*t like trading a rising star 20 year old for the final productive 2-3 seasons of a $35m salaried scoring guard despite not having a championship core.

As soon as we lose in the playoffs, personally I’m preparing myself for the onslaught of hot takes trying to throw RJ under the first bus to Portland or Golden State. It’s coming. IDK what Leon/Wes will do this summer, but I’ll have the popcorn ready.

i see the opposite, rj is cold blooded and will excel in the playoffs.

I agree with you.

However, eventually the Knicks aren’t winning the championship this year. At some point, the run will end, and I’m telling you fans will be ANGRY and will begin to EXPECT a Finals run the following season.

Randle is now untouchable, which means lots and lots and lots of New Yorkers will turn on RJ and see him as nothing but bait for shortcut Starphking.

Barring a nightmarish series, they'll not turn on rj, we drafted him. I do disagree that randles untouchable. Anybody can be booed after a bad enough slump.
Jimmit79
Head Coach

Post#206 » by Jimmit79 » Mon May 3, 2021 2:45 pm

Oscirus wrote:
Jimmit79 wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

So the post you quoted backed their **** up with facts and yours is still based on opinions. RJ averages 35 minnutes a game to derrick rose's 22 and rose doesnt even start, but sure rj's somehow always playing third wheel in the game to rose and randle. We aint doing that Isaiah thomas **** anymore, if thats what you want from this team, go root for the team across the bridge
You just can't handle the truth if there was another wing who can shoot and play defense RJ wouldn't be playing so many mins. RJ doesn't create offense for anyone he gets easy shots because Randle and Rose break down the defense come on you can't be this blind.

DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 42,990

Post#207 » by DaGawd » Mon May 3, 2021 2:45 pm

Oscirus wrote:
cgmw wrote:
blueNorange wrote:i see the opposite, rj is cold blooded and will excel in the playoffs.

I agree with you.

Barring a nightmarish series, they'll not turn on rj, we drafted him. I do disagree that randles untouchable. Anybody can be booed after a bad enough slump.

Maybe not to you as a fan but to this FO Randle is pretty much untouchable. They’re all in on him. He was the one big move that went right after the KP trade
BaF
Washington Wizards
Oscirus
RealGM

Post#208 » by Oscirus » Mon May 3, 2021 2:46 pm

Jimmit79 wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
Jimmit79 wrote:He's not #2 Randle and Rose are always in the game so RJ can play third wheel comfortably the last time RJ was #1 go to option was when Knicks barely beat bucks gsquad I mean come on you guys must watch the game are you blind Rose and Randle clearly the go to option.

You just can't handle the truth if there was another wing who can shoot and play defense RJ wouldn't be playing so many mins. RJ doesn't create offense for anyone he gets easy shots because Randle and Rose break down the defense come on you can't be this blind.

You're bringing opinions to a fact based talk. Either prove your thesis or you're talking out of your ass
Oscirus
RealGM

Post#209 » by Oscirus » Mon May 3, 2021 2:49 pm

DaGawd wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
cgmw wrote:I agree with you.

Maybe not to you as a fan but to this FO Randle is pretty much untouchable. They’re all in on him. He was the one big move that went right after the KP trade

If you're talking about the front office in general, there's more money to be made from ny's fav son. First draft pick to be re-signed in quite some time. Short of some severe regression he's at least here till the end of his 2nd contract
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,616

Post#210 » by mpharris36 » Mon May 3, 2021 2:50 pm

Portland could easily lose in the 1st round and Lillard asking out in the offseason becomes a real possibility.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
cgmw
RealGM

Post#211 » by cgmw » Mon May 3, 2021 3:07 pm

Oscirus wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
Oscirus wrote:Barring a nightmarish series, they'll not turn on rj, we drafted him. I do disagree that randles untouchable. Anybody can be booed after a bad enough slump.

If you're talking about the front office in general, there's more money to be made from ny's fav son. First draft pick to be re-signed in quite some time. Short of some severe regression he's at least here till the end of his 2nd contract

All due respect, that's soooo naive. With the exception of Patrick Ewing, who entered the league as a fully-formed All Star, the Knicks have NEVER had any loyalty to their own draftees.

New Yorkers have loyalty to All Stars. Superstars. Dudes performing RIGHT NOW. Not the potential of becoming All-NBA in five years. You are living on another planet if you think MSG or the majority of the fanbase will seek to trade Randle coming off an All-NBA season.

I'm telling you, prepare yourself. You're exactly the fan who's about to get blindsided. RJ is cold blooded, but not half as cold-blooded as New York.
Jimmit79
Head Coach

Post#212 » by Jimmit79 » Mon May 3, 2021 3:24 pm

Oscirus wrote:
Jimmit79 wrote:
Oscirus wrote:So the post you quoted backed their **** up with facts and yours is still based on opinions. RJ averages 35 minnutes a game to derrick rose's 22 and rose doesnt even start, but sure rj's somehow always playing third wheel in the game to rose and randle. We aint doing that Isaiah thomas **** anymore, if thats what you want from this team, go root for the team across the bridge

You're bringing opinions to a fact based talk. Either prove your thesis or you're talking out of your ass
Are **** dumbass who just checks scorecard instead of watching the game?

Jimmit79
Head Coach

Post#213 » by Jimmit79 » Mon May 3, 2021 3:25 pm

cgmw wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
DaGawd wrote:Maybe not to you as a fan but to this FO Randle is pretty much untouchable. They’re all in on him. He was the one big move that went right after the KP trade

All due respect, that's soooo naive. With the exception of Patrick Ewing, who entered the league as a fully-formed All Star, the Knicks have NEVER had any loyalty to their own draftees.

New Yorkers have loyalty to All Stars. Superstars. Dudes performing RIGHT NOW. Not the potential of becoming All-NBA in five years. You are living on another planet if you think MSG or the majority of the fanbase will seek to trade Randle coming off an All-NBA season.

I'm telling you, prepare yourself. You're exactly the fan who's about to get blindsided. RJ is cold blooded, but not half as cold-blooded as New York.
He must be Canadian.

Oscirus
RealGM

Post#214 » by Oscirus » Mon May 3, 2021 3:26 pm

cgmw wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
DaGawd wrote:Maybe not to you as a fan but to this FO Randle is pretty much untouchable. They’re all in on him. He was the one big move that went right after the KP trade

Not naive at all, RJ's marketable. If theres one thing that Dolan loves more than winning, it's positive press. RJ signing a second contract by itself would be a huge thing.
As for other nyers, I dont give a damn what they want. A competent front office realizes that a player playing this well on his rookie contract is worth more than some disgruntled superstar who's more than likely overpaid and closes your window really quick.
Oscirus
RealGM

Post#215 » by Oscirus » Mon May 3, 2021 3:28 pm

Jimmit79 wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
Jimmit79 wrote:You just can't handle the truth if there was another wing who can shoot and play defense RJ wouldn't be playing so many mins. RJ doesn't create offense for anyone he gets easy shots because Randle and Rose break down the defense come on you can't be this blind.

Are **** dumbass who just checks scorecard instead of watching the game?

So you dont have stats, you're just one of those geniuses who thought isaiah thomas was doing the lords work
cgmw
RealGM

Post#216 » by cgmw » Mon May 3, 2021 3:35 pm

Oscirus wrote:
cgmw wrote:
Oscirus wrote:If you're talking about the front office in general, there's more money to be made from ny's fav son. First draft pick to be re-signed in quite some time. Short of some severe regression he's at least here till the end of his 2nd contract

Not naive at all, RJ's marketable. If theres one thing that Dolan loves more than winning, it's positive press. RJ signing a second contract by itself would be a huge thing.
As for other nyers, I dont give a damn what they want. A competent front office realizes that a player playing this well on his rookie contract is worth more than some disgruntled superstar who's more than likely overpaid and closes your window really quick.

Oh right, my bad.... because when has Jim Dolan ever signed off on trading assets/youth for established veterans? You're right, if history is our guide Dolan has no interest in acquiring a flashy established veteran name for the marquee. My bad.
Oscirus
RealGM

Post#217 » by Oscirus » Mon May 3, 2021 3:38 pm

cgmw wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
cgmw wrote:All due respect, that's soooo naive. With the exception of Patrick Ewing, who entered the league as a fully-formed All Star, the Knicks have NEVER had any loyalty to their own draftees.

Oh right, my bad.... because when has Jim Dolan ever signed off on trading assets/youth for established veterans? You're right, if history is our guide Dolan has no interest in acquiring a flashy established veteran name for the marquee. My bad.

When has dolan had this many media people in his front office? Hell, when has he even been this hands off? If you dont think that Dolan gives a damn about how he's perceived in the press, you obviously havent been paying attention.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 125,997

Post#218 » by god shammgod » Mon May 3, 2021 3:38 pm

yeah, isaiah was routinely bringing mvp types here. all the time lol

everyone getting so worked up over something that has no chance of happening anyway
cgmw
RealGM

Post#219 » by cgmw » Mon May 3, 2021 3:40 pm

Oscirus wrote:
cgmw wrote:
Oscirus wrote:Not naive at all, RJ's marketable. If theres one thing that Dolan loves more than winning, it's positive press. RJ signing a second contract by itself would be a huge thing.

When has dolan had this many media people in his front office? Hell, when has he even been this hands off? If you dont think that Dolan gives a damn about how he's perceived in the press, you obviously havent been paying attention.

Honestly WTF? You’re just trolling now.

Ok dude. You’re right. Dolan would turn down Dame or Steph for RJ because marketing. Great call.
Oscirus
RealGM

Post#220 » by Oscirus » Mon May 3, 2021 3:51 pm

Even ignoring the media side of the issue, if people think its smart to speed up your timeline in a conference with 3 clearly better teams after the trade then don't let me dissuade you. 8-)

That **** worked so well for the nets, its not like they had to spend years digging out from that mess. At least they got three players out of the deal, we're talking going all in on one in the twilight of his.

Return to New York Knicks