ImageImageImageImageImage

Does Lillard want out, and what would it take to get him?

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Dave DaButcher
Sixth Man
And1: 4,296

Re: Does Lillard want out, and what would it take to get him? 

Post#221 » by Dave DaButcher » Mon May 3, 2021 4:00 pm

cgmw wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
DaGawd wrote:Maybe not to you as a fan but to this FO Randle is pretty much untouchable. They’re all in on him. He was the one big move that went right after the KP trade

If you're talking about the front office in general, there's more money to be made from ny's fav son. First draft pick to be re-signed in quite some time. Short of some severe regression he's at least here till the end of his 2nd contract

All due respect, that's soooo naive. With the exception of Patrick Ewing, who entered the league as a fully-formed All Star, the Knicks have NEVER had any loyalty to their own draftees.

New Yorkers have loyalty to All Stars. Superstars. Dudes performing RIGHT NOW. Not the potential of becoming All-NBA in five years. You are living on another planet if you think MSG or the majority of the fanbase will seek to trade Randle coming off an All-NBA season.

I'm telling you, prepare yourself. You're exactly the fan who's about to get blindsided. RJ is cold blooded, but not half as cold-blooded as New York.

Except Frank. He will always have our undying love and support.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,884

Post#222 » by blueNorange » Mon May 3, 2021 4:20 pm

Jimmit79 wrote:Look all it comes down to is either trade RJ or IQ for a star player I feel IQ is more modern his quick release and infinite range plus his growth gives him a higher chance of becoming a star player. RJ on the other hand was born in wrong era he would have been star in 90s in current NBA he's not even better then kuzma he lacks the specs to go against leagues elite wings he's not quick nor is he athletic freak so sry RJ would have to go over IQ.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

ahhh and then there's finally the truth, you just don't like rj barrett.

he's way better than kuzma, and way better than iq who is a bench player -- rj is a 2 way player.

but again the truth has been revealed, i'm willing to bet dollars to donuts you were one of the haters calling him a bust 10 games in.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#223 » by blueNorange » Mon May 3, 2021 4:23 pm

Jimmit79 wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
Jimmit79 wrote:He's not #2 Randle and Rose are always in the game so RJ can play third wheel comfortably the last time RJ was #1 go to option was when Knicks barely beat bucks gsquad I mean come on you guys must watch the game are you blind Rose and Randle clearly the go to option.

So the post you quoted backed their **** up with facts and yours is still based on opinions. RJ averages 35 minnutes a game to derrick rose's 22 and rose doesnt even start, but sure rj's somehow always playing third wheel in the game to rose and randle. We aint doing that Isaiah thomas **** anymore, if thats what you want from this team, go root for the team across the bridge
You just can't handle the truth if there was another wing who can shoot and play defense RJ wouldn't be playing so many mins. RJ doesn't create offense for anyone he gets easy shots because Randle and Rose break down the defense come on you can't be this blind.

you're a mongo and i can't believe it took me this long to realize it.

you're the worst type of fan.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
NewKnicks
Sixth Man
And1: 756

Post#224 » by NewKnicks » Mon May 3, 2021 4:33 pm

Oscirus wrote:
Jimmit79 wrote:
blueNorange wrote:here's the thing, who cares about your selfish self?

i rather roll with rj's next 10 years of competitive basketball vs lillard's 2 years of competitive basketball, and then hope he's good enough to keep on the court, because lord knows when it comes to defense he's kevin knox bad.
RJ will never be #1 or 2 option right now he's getting good looks because of Randle and Rose creating all opportunities so some of you guys feel a third wheel should not be traded for #1 scoring option who also would finally give us a PG and can score in clutch.

RJ's number 2 now on an over achieving team and hes not even close to his prime, you want to trade that for somebody who's about to be past his prime in a year or two along with some firsts for the privelage?
We really need to get out of that mindset and learn what player development means

What's with all the talk that Dame will be past his prime soon? Is Chris Paul past his prime? Dame's talents will keep him at the top of the league for years to come.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#225 » by blueNorange » Mon May 3, 2021 4:36 pm

NewKnicks wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
Jimmit79 wrote:RJ will never be #1 or 2 option right now he's getting good looks because of Randle and Rose creating all opportunities so some of you guys feel a third wheel should not be traded for #1 scoring option who also would finally give us a PG and can score in clutch.

RJ's number 2 now on an over achieving team and hes not even close to his prime, you want to trade that for somebody who's about to be past his prime in a year or two along with some firsts for the privelage?
We really need to get out of that mindset and learn what player development means

What's with all the talk that Dame will be past his prime soon? Is Chris Paul past his prime? Dame's talents will keep him at the top of the league for years to come.

1. just because chris paul can still play, doesn't mean it'll happen with dame
2. cp3 plays defense, dame has never defended anyone in his life
3. cp3 is a pg general, dame isn't
4. cp3 can score 15 points and have a great game, if dame scores 15 he's had a bad game.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 42,990

Post#226 » by DaGawd » Mon May 3, 2021 4:37 pm

NewKnicks wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
Jimmit79 wrote:RJ will never be #1 or 2 option right now he's getting good looks because of Randle and Rose creating all opportunities so some of you guys feel a third wheel should not be traded for #1 scoring option who also would finally give us a PG and can score in clutch.

Some of these guys just watch players ages and assume ****... you’re a bad poster...but I’m on your side here :lol:
BaF
Washington Wizards
NewKnicks
Sixth Man

Post#227 » by NewKnicks » Mon May 3, 2021 4:38 pm

cgmw wrote:I’m just gonna post this here—

Prepare yourselves, Knick fans, for the inevitable prisoner-of-the-moment fallout when (not if) RJ Barrett fails in a big moment that costs us a Playoff game and/or series next month.

Because NY fans are brutal, loud, demanding, and have a tendency to influence Knick management into doing some dumb sh*t like trading a rising star 20 year old for the final productive 2-3 seasons of a $35m salaried scoring guard despite not having a championship core.

As soon as we lose in the playoffs, personally I’m preparing myself for the onslaught of hot takes trying to throw RJ under the first bus to Portland or Golden State. It’s coming. IDK what Leon/Wes will do this summer, but I’ll have the popcorn ready.

I don't agree with you that Dame only has 2-3 years of productive seasons left, but I will say that Knicks fans need to prepare for a huge trade coming relatively soon. They have not accumulated all these assets for no reason. They specifically have built it all up to trade for another star in the league.

We don't know who it will be yet, but it's coming. And it might include RJ. That's not me hoping that happens because I want to keep him, it's just the possible reality. The Knicks as an organization simply don't have the patience to keep drafting players and shoot for success at the top in 3 years. They don't. Something BIG is coming, we just don't know what it will be yet.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#228 » by blueNorange » Mon May 3, 2021 4:39 pm

okay let me stupify it for some of y'all

rj's barrett the next 10+ years >> dame's 2 years of great ball, and then hoping he's okay after that.

when rj is 25, dame is probably retired.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#229 » by blueNorange » Mon May 3, 2021 4:40 pm

NewKnicks wrote:

Prepare yourselves, Knick fans, for the inevitable prisoner-of-the-moment fallout when (not if) RJ Barrett fails in a big moment that costs us a Playoff game and/or series next month.

Because NY fans are brutal, loud, demanding, and have a tendency to influence Knick management into doing some dumb sh*t like trading a rising star 20 year old for the final productive 2-3 seasons of a $35m salaried scoring guard despite not having a championship core.

As soon as we lose in the playoffs, personally I’m preparing myself for the onslaught of hot takes trying to throw RJ under the first bus to Portland or Golden State. It’s coming. IDK what Leon/Wes will do this summer, but I’ll have the popcorn ready.

I don't agree with you that Dame only has 2-3 years of productive seasons left, but I will say that Knicks fans need to prepare for a huge trade coming relatively soon. They have not accumulated all these assets for no reason. They specifically have built it all up to trade for another star in the league.

We don't know who it will be yet, but it's coming. And it might include RJ. That's not me hoping that happens because I want to keep him, it's just the possible reality. The Knicks as an organization simply don't have the patience to keep drafting players and shoot for success at the top in 3 years. They don't. Something BIG is coming, we just don't know what it will be yet.

cool and in 4 years when the knicks suck, rj will be an all star, and the knicks have will no picks meaning the world will be right because the knicks will once again be the laughing stock of the nba.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#230 » by blueNorange » Mon May 3, 2021 4:42 pm

everyone keeps saying "durr wait till dolan starts meddling" when really it's "wait until the dumb mongo fans start meddling"
LOL Y U MAD THO?
NewKnicks
Sixth Man

Post#231 » by NewKnicks » Mon May 3, 2021 4:45 pm

blueNorange wrote:
NewKnicks wrote:

cool and in 4 years when the knicks suck, rj will be an all star, and the knicks have will no picks meaning the world will be right because the knicks will once again be the laughing stock of the nba.

I agree with you, and don't want to trade RJ. I'm just talking about the Knicks organization and NYC not having the patience to wait out a long-term build. Even with our current success, we're not there yet. We need a huge infuse of talent. How are we going to get that? Not with 2 picks in the 20's this year. At best we can hope for 1 of the 2 to develop into solid role player. So that leaves us with FA (there's not much out there), and a trade. So how do we get the talent to get to the top? Serious question.. not trolling
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 7,759

Post#232 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Mon May 3, 2021 4:46 pm

NewKnicks wrote:
jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
K-DOT wrote:I don't want to give up RJ

We really don't have much else worth anything after Randle and RJ though. Unless they really like Quick/Obi/Mitch, but you could definitely get more for him from another team.

I think we have the benefit of having the Dallas picks that other teams won't have. Setting up Portland with three first rounders in 21 & 23 would be a huge selling point that could help them rebuild quicker. At the end of the day it depends on what's more important to portland, more draft capital or proven players.

Do you really think Portland would be in love with 1st rounders in the 20's for a few years? For a top 10 player? Yeah, okay dude. Keep dreaming.

Everyone not named Randle. plus all firsts will need to be the package. Zero chance RJ would not be included.

It's so hilarious that posters still think Frank/Knox/Obi have any value at all in a trade. They're all throw-ins. It would be RJ and Mitch/and or IQ plus all draft picks for 5 years. That's what it will take to get a top 10 player. And those draft picks are 20's and lower. Knicks are simply not a good trade partner for Dame. And Portland probably says no and would find a different trade partner.

I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
NewKnicks
Sixth Man

Post#233 » by NewKnicks » Mon May 3, 2021 4:48 pm

blueNorange wrote:
NewKnicks wrote:
Oscirus wrote:RJ's number 2 now on an over achieving team and hes not even close to his prime, you want to trade that for somebody who's about to be past his prime in a year or two along with some firsts for the privelage?

4. cp3 can score 15 points and have a great game, if dame scores 15 he's had a bad game.

You're really selling a top 10 player in the league short. That's what we always do around here. Nobody wanted Chris Paul back when he was available. It was the same talk about him being too old and too expensive. How good would Paul look now on our squad?? We might be contending for the East. I don't see how Dame's talents will magically go away in a few years. Shooting doesn't disappear at 33. He's 30 years old now and people are acting like he's an old man. :lol:
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#234 » by blueNorange » Mon May 3, 2021 4:51 pm

NewKnicks wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
NewKnicks wrote:

You're really selling a top 10 player in the league short. That's what we always do around here. Nobody wanted Chris Paul back when he was available. It was the same talk about him being too old and too expensive. How good would Paul look now on our squad?? We might be contending for the East. I don't see how Dame's talents will magically go away in a few years. Shooting doesn't disappear at 33. He's 30 years old now and people are acting like he's an old man. :lol:

33 is old.

lillard will be old.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
NewKnicks
Sixth Man

Post#235 » by NewKnicks » Mon May 3, 2021 4:54 pm

DaGawd wrote:
NewKnicks wrote:
Oscirus wrote:RJ's number 2 now on an over achieving team and hes not even close to his prime, you want to trade that for somebody who's about to be past his prime in a year or two along with some firsts for the privelage?

Some of these guys just watch players ages and assume ****... you’re a bad poster...but I’m on your side here :lol:

Give me some credit, dude. I do get into it with some posters, but it's only because I love my team and want them to be successful for a long time coming. We've sucked for 20 years and I wish some more people would have higher expectations of the Front Office. That's all it is. I do get fired up sometimes, I won't disagree with that at all.

But, I do think I provide some valuable insight with my knowledge of Bball. I just want our team to be back on top again. So sick of being the laughingstock of the league.

I don't know if it would be smart to move so many assets for Dame, but that's been the blueprint for success around the league. If you have the chance to land a top 10 player who's only 30 years old, I think you make the move. I'm on the fence though because of how many assets we'll need to give up. But again, look at the teams who have made these types of moves. When a superstar is available (and that is what Dame is), you have to really consider making a move no matter who you give up.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,217

Post#236 » by Oscirus » Mon May 3, 2021 4:54 pm

NewKnicks wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
NewKnicks wrote:

Paul is the exception not the rule. Expecting a 30 year old to all of a sudden pickup defending just cuz he's here is a fool's errand and that's not even including the fact that there's no way that he'd be able to handle rj's minutes on a stripped team.

Making such a trade would at best make us fourth in the east and given that we'd have little to no assets to pick up another star, we'd be screwed.
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,913

Post#237 » by Richard4444 » Mon May 3, 2021 4:54 pm

Randle will be an expiring UFA with a 30M Cap Hold.

He was considered a role player until this season. His performance could have been partially enhanced by Thibs system.
He also took almost one season to play well in New York. He might not be a plug and play player, needing time to fit in his new team.

I doubt he has a lot of trade market.I dont think Randle is untouchable. But he is key in Thibs system and he is the leader of the group. He is more valuable here than any other place. I dont think he will land us a arguibly superstar like Lillard. If Lillard walks, Portland should sell the vets and tank, not retool.
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#238 » by blueNorange » Mon May 3, 2021 4:58 pm

lillard doesn't even allign with randle's age :lol:

trading for lillard means you're building the team around a 31 year old which only dumb franchises do, like when the knicks still tried building around a 32 year old carmelo anthony.

rj is 20, randle is 26 ... get players around their age.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,913

Post#239 » by Richard4444 » Mon May 3, 2021 5:00 pm

NewKnicks wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
NewKnicks wrote:

The comp is ridiculous.

1) Suns didnt have to sell their core to get CP3. They trade only a lesser PG, a role player like Oubre (UFA next season) and protected pick. Its was a calculated risk.

2) Suns have ketp their young core. Booker/Ayton/Mikal/C.Johnson.

3) Getting a 33+ player is a risky move. Every player loses agilily and gets more suscetible to serious injuries. Risky moves have to be calculate. You cant use a winner risky move as parameter and ignore the failed ones. Hindsight 20/20.
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,611

Post#240 » by KnicksGadfly » Mon May 3, 2021 6:05 pm

You only get Lillard if you’re ready to move other pieces to get another big piece, and ready to move now.

By the way, not sure why you’re all arguing with the FO’s number 1 fan

Return to New York Knicks