ImageImageImageImageImage

GT #65: Pacers @ Bullets 7 PM EST

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

DANNYLANDOVER
Veteran
And1: 438

Re: GT #65: Pacers @ Bullets 7 PM EST 

Post#121 » by DANNYLANDOVER » Tue May 4, 2021 2:38 am

Such a fun game to watch! Do not recommend, if you enjoy watching defense ;)
WallToWall
Veteran
And1: 937

Post#122 » by WallToWall » Tue May 4, 2021 2:45 am

That was so fun to watch. Russ, man! Wow, just wow. He found everyone in the right spots and fed them breakfast, lunch, and dinner. He cleaned up the glass like he was playing C. What a gifted player.
Hach was good, and so was Gaford. Heck, everyone played their role well on the offensive side. Very much enjoyed this one.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#123 » by gambitx777 » Tue May 4, 2021 2:49 am

All my years as a wizards fan I never looked at wall as often as I do russ and go damn I'm proud of this cat.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using RealGM mobile app
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,626

Post#124 » by pancakes3 » Tue May 4, 2021 2:49 am

i just got back from this game and holy smokes. i was screaming my head off at Russ to take more shots and he started to gun for 20pts with about 4 mins left but you could tell after his phantom no-call on the jumper he kind of gave up. plus it felt like beal was concerned about not getting 30. i think with around 2 mins left both gave up on the stat-gunning and iirc both gave up shots to oop it to gafford.

i wish brooks would run gafford more. i can live with lopez getting mins but not len. i got big laughs every time robin pulled some old-man-YMCA stuff at their weak interior. he straight up held someone (holiday?) down pulling a rebound. and his ugly sweeping hook? i love it. passes clanging off Len's hands? not so much.
Bullets -> Wizards
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 3,974

Post#125 » by DCZards » Tue May 4, 2021 2:58 am

I was at the game as well and I noticed that Gafford had his knees wrapped with ice bags when he wasn’t on the court. I don’t believe that’s been the case in the past. So he might be dealing with sore knees, which probably explains why he didn’t get more minutes.

Russ and Rui were players of the game...but I want to also give a shout out to Hutch. He’s emerging as a nice piece of the bench.
9 and 20
Rookie
And1: 837

Post#126 » by 9 and 20 » Tue May 4, 2021 3:07 am

pancakes3 wrote:i just got back from this game and holy smokes. i was screaming my head off at Russ to take more shots and he started to gun for 20pts with about 4 mins left but you could tell after his phantom no-call on the jumper he kind of gave up. plus it felt like beal was concerned about not getting 30. i think with around 2 mins left both gave up on the stat-gunning and iirc both gave up shots to oop it to gafford.

i wish brooks would run gafford more. i can live with lopez getting mins but not len. i got big laughs every time robin pulled some old-man-YMCA stuff at their weak interior. he straight up held someone (holiday?) down pulling a rebound. and his ugly sweeping hook? i love it. passes clanging off Len's hands? not so much.

Yeah, Russ not reaching 20-20-20 might be the only negative about this game. That was fun, and Russ was great.

If/when we make the play-in round, I really like our chances to make the 8 seed. Would be great to bounce Boston out of the playoffs right off the bat if the chips fall that way.
Can't say I do. Who else gonna shoot?
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#127 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Tue May 4, 2021 3:16 am

9 and 20 wrote:
pancakes3 wrote:i just got back from this game and holy smokes. i was screaming my head off at Russ to take more shots and he started to gun for 20pts with about 4 mins left but you could tell after his phantom no-call on the jumper he kind of gave up. plus it felt like beal was concerned about not getting 30. i think with around 2 mins left both gave up on the stat-gunning and iirc both gave up shots to oop it to gafford.

Yeah, Russ not reaching 20-20-20 might be the only negative about this game. That was fun, and Russ was great.

If/when we make the play-in round, I really like our chances to make the 8 seed. Would be great to bounce Boston out of the playoffs right off the bat if the chips fall that way.

I loved it that Russ’ scoring was down. This was the type of performance we were all screaming for earlier. Low shot totals, almost no jumpers, limited WTFs.
In Rizzo we trust
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,315

Post#128 » by NatP4 » Tue May 4, 2021 3:28 am

Read on Twitter
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#129 » by gambitx777 » Tue May 4, 2021 3:47 am

Honestly if you look at it that way he wasn't playing that bad and shouldn't have been playing as much as he did.
NatP4 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using RealGM mobile app
NatP4
RealGM

Post#130 » by NatP4 » Tue May 4, 2021 3:56 am

A couple shots away from winning 15 of the last 16.
9 and 20
Rookie
And1: 837

Post#131 » by 9 and 20 » Tue May 4, 2021 3:57 am

NatP4 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Among the many questions I have about this - it makes you wonder what is the deal behind Gafford's minutes restriction.
Can't say I do. Who else gonna shoot?
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#132 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue May 4, 2021 6:02 am

I have said in the past that the Chris Webber trade was the worst in Wizards franchise history.

I must say it is possible that the Wall for Westbrook trade is the best trade the Wizards ever made.

I have never heard of a guy having more than 20 assists and 20 rebounds in the same game. I don’t think Magic Johnson even did that.
Bye bye Beal.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#133 » by Ruzious » Tue May 4, 2021 11:01 am

We keep getting ridiculous shooting numbers from our centers. This game they combined to make 16 of 20 FG's and score 38 points - also 4 blocks and 2 steals.

Historic performance by Westbrook - what can we say about the guy - just hope he stays healthy. Career-highs in both assists and rebounds in the same game... I grew up idolizing Oscar in his last 2 seasons in the NBA, and Russ is working on breaking his record that nobody thought would ever be broken. And we get to watch him do it - while he plays for our team. Amazing.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,529

Post#134 » by closg00 » Tue May 4, 2021 12:13 pm

badinage wrote:Holy F*ck, that was amazing.

Name me 8 teams in the league who are better than this team.

They might not match up well with every squad in a playoff series, but this team can beat ANYone.

Also ... how many teams are as likable/appealing? Philly. Nope. Boston? No. Milwaukee? Maybe. The Nets? Ha. Clippers? I guess. Phoenix? Enh. Lakers? Ok, the Lakers. Denver? A very likable squad. Utah? Also likable. What’s that? Five teams?

The Knicks are the other hot team, 9-1 of their last ten, haven't seen them. The Wiz were just a couple of buckets away from going 10-0 their last ten.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,334

Post#135 » by nate33 » Tue May 4, 2021 1:21 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:I have said in the past that the Chris Webber trade was the worst in Wizards franchise history.

I must say it is possible that the Wall for Westbrook trade is the best trade the Wizards ever made.

I have never heard of a guy having more than 20 assists and 20 rebounds in the same game. I don’t think Magic Johnson even did that.

Wilt has done it once. Westbrook has now done it twice.
NatP4
RealGM

Post#136 » by NatP4 » Tue May 4, 2021 1:24 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:I have said in the past that the Chris Webber trade was the worst in Wizards franchise history.

I don’t know, the Gafford-Troy Brown trade is looking pretty good.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#137 » by tontoz » Tue May 4, 2021 1:53 pm

DCZards wrote:I was at the game as well and I noticed that Gafford had his knees wrapped with ice bags when he wasn’t on the court. I don’t believe that’s been the case in the past. So he might be dealing with sore knees, which probably explains why he didn’t get more minutes.

Sounds like tendonitis. They are probably just trying to manage it until the offseason.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#138 » by Ruzious » Tue May 4, 2021 1:56 pm

NatP4 wrote:

I don’t know, the Gafford-Troy Brown trade is looking pretty good.

I guess. His stats per 36 minutes in his 15 games with the Wiz are arguably better than Anthony Davis'. Not too bad... considering he'll continue to get paid less than $2 mil a year for the next 2 seasons.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#139 » by Ruzious » Tue May 4, 2021 2:54 pm

Read on Twitter
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,529

Post#140 » by closg00 » Tue May 4, 2021 2:57 pm

NatP4 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I was just thinking that clearly he had been playing hobbled earlier in the season, so some apologies are in-order

Return to Washington Wizards