Image ImageImage Image

PG: Phew!!! That wasn’t funny, Javonte.

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Southpaw
Sixth Man
And1: 763

Re: PG: Phew!!! That wasn’t funny, Javonte. 

Post#21 » by Southpaw » Tue May 4, 2021 7:44 am

Ice Man wrote:
MalagaBulls wrote:Action!!

ImageImage

Tanking after trading the upcoming pick is a novel strategy. Gotta give the Bulls credit for originality, you don't see many other teams trying that.

I dunno if we're just that bad but the way the team was handled/played after the Vooch trade was weird. They play like they're guaranteed not to lose the pick. It's weird.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,788

Post#22 » by WindyCityBorn » Tue May 4, 2021 8:05 am

Hugi Mancura wrote:So two of Bulls best scorers are out and Bulls only other efficient scorer comes from bench. That is a clear F U from front office for Lauri, so why people expect Lauri to give anything for this team anymore? If you treat someone badly don't expect him to work for you.

Real ballers fight through adversity. Lauri is just soft.
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,946
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#23 » by MalagaBulls » Tue May 4, 2021 8:07 am

Southpaw wrote:
Ice Man wrote:
MalagaBulls wrote:Action!!

ImageImage

Tanking after trading the upcoming pick is a novel strategy. Gotta give the Bulls credit for originality, you don't see many other teams trying that.

I dunno if we're just that bad but the way the team was handled/played after the Vooch trade was weird. They play like they're guaranteed not to lose the pick. It's weird.
Those Gifs were in jest but some peeps are spot on. The team has been managed in a strange way since the trade.
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,946
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#24 » by MalagaBulls » Tue May 4, 2021 8:09 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
Hugi Mancura wrote:So two of Bulls best scorers are out and Bulls only other efficient scorer comes from bench. That is a clear F U from front office for Lauri, so why people expect Lauri to give anything for this team anymore? If you treat someone badly don't expect him to work for you.

They can't fight through simple screens on the P&R. How can they be expected to handle adversity?
thedarkstark
Analyst
And1: 1,224

Post#25 » by thedarkstark » Tue May 4, 2021 9:05 am

MalagaBulls wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

They can't fight through simple screens on the P&R. How can they be expected to handle adversity?

Imagine completely disappearing in a contract year... what an absolute bum. Dude legit lost probably close to 9 figures this season
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,707

Post#26 » by BullChit » Tue May 4, 2021 10:13 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:

I know right... Ugggh...

I really really dislike the apparent acceptance of that narrative as though "Good for Lauri, sticking it to the man for the way they treat him"
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
FanInTheAttic
Freshman
And1: 27

Post#27 » by FanInTheAttic » Tue May 4, 2021 11:27 am

I think there is more to it than "Lauri is just soft" type of trolling, but don't agree that he is not trying to give anything to the team, he is actually trying, but just not playing very good basketball at the moment.
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,321

Post#28 » by Stratmaster » Tue May 4, 2021 12:09 pm

GoBlue72391 wrote:
Leslie Forman wrote:
Wingy wrote:No bad man 1 (Zach), or bad man 2 (Vuc)...so what’s Lauri’s excuse tonight fellas?

Lauri have to play so much horrible basketball as just shooter with Zach or Vuc forever, he not given the #1 role, but he is so good, due to his humble, respectful Finnish upbringing, he refuse to demand coach give him #1 because he is so good at being team player.

See, he is team guy who respect his elder more than loudmouth American NBA rap star. He only need pickled herring and good livable wage with strong trade union, not 20 Bentley.

So you're using fake broken English to mock the Finnish Lauri fans? Classy /s
Either that or he forgot which screen name he was on?

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,350

Post#29 » by Michael Jackson » Tue May 4, 2021 12:29 pm

Leslie Forman wrote:
Wingy wrote:No bad man 1 (Zach), or bad man 2 (Vuc)...so what’s Lauri’s excuse tonight fellas?

Lauri have to play so much horrible basketball as just shooter with Zach or Vuc forever, he not given the #1 role, but he is so good, due to his humble, respectful Finnish upbringing, he refuse to demand coach give him #1 because he is so good at being team player.

See, he is team guy who respect his elder more than loudmouth American NBA rap star. He only need pickled herring and good livable wage with strong trade union, not 20 Bentley.

That’s some art
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,951

Post#30 » by Wingy » Tue May 4, 2021 2:01 pm

GoBlue72391 wrote:
Leslie Forman wrote:

I obviously agree with the sentiment given I called out the excuses, and I’m all for mocking the excuses...but def. agree. No need to mock folks communicating in a second language here. I like having the various international fans and opinions. No need to be an ass about it.
Louri
Senior
And1: 351

Post#31 » by Louri » Tue May 4, 2021 2:47 pm

GoBlue72391 wrote:
Leslie Forman wrote:

Only way to get some AND1’s for some posters.
"Larry Nance Jr is better than Lauri Markkanen" -RealGM 2021
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,711

Post#32 » by madvillian » Tue May 4, 2021 2:53 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:
Leslie Forman wrote:

That’s some art

Mildly prejudiced too. Can't wait until Lauri is gone for myriad reasons and this type of post is one of them.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,648

Post#33 » by sco » Tue May 4, 2021 3:07 pm

madvillian wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:
Leslie Forman wrote:Lauri have to play so much horrible basketball as just shooter with Zach or Vuc forever, he not given the #1 role, but he is so good, due to his humble, respectful Finnish upbringing, he refuse to demand coach give him #1 because he is so good at being team player.

That’s some art

Mildly prejudiced too. Can't wait until Lauri is gone for myriad reasons and this type of post is one of them.

I'll miss the Lauri fanatics! I love debating them. I don't think there are any Coby fanatics for next season.
:clap:
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,917

Post#34 » by ChettheJet » Tue May 4, 2021 3:08 pm

Was glad to see Green get off the bench, he along with Troy Brown jr and it looks like Aminu might fill three bench spots that provide some defense next year so they don't have to be bought out or forced into a trade. That's basically what the remaining games need to be, checking to see what people can do next year, pencil in the depth chart to see if they need a SF to start across from PW at the PF or he's a SF then keep and start Theis or find a new starting PF with Theis off the bench. Then see if the guys under contract can fiil in the bench.

Then can they S&T Markkanen, do they trade or buyout Young and Satoransky, is White a keeper, Temple for another year,, and move on from Valentine and Arci .

It's not s much an F U to Lauri as it is, buddy you have been given ample chances before we got here, and we gave you more and it's obvious you can't put it all together. Given the responsibility as a starter didn't get the consistent results, moved to the bench to relieve the pressure being the #2 or #3 guy didn't bring it out of you. Your agent and friends should be telling you that the Bulls aren't going to make the big money long term investment in somebody they have seen isn't up to the task. Time to move on.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#35 » by Michael Jackson » Tue May 4, 2021 5:36 pm

madvillian wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:
Leslie Forman wrote:Lauri have to play so much horrible basketball as just shooter with Zach or Vuc forever, he not given the #1 role, but he is so good, due to his humble, respectful Finnish upbringing, he refuse to demand coach give him #1 because he is so good at being team player.

That’s some art

That racism though fits with Gar and I have to assume his wife shares the same ideals. In all honesty I like the Finnish posters and hope they stick around after Lauri is gone. I can do without the endless debates over who is at fault for his lack of success. That being said there will still be plenty of Lauri discussion if he is wearing a new jersey next season. If he succeeds or fails there will still be talk. More than Dougie gets I would assume.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,711

Post#36 » by madvillian » Tue May 4, 2021 7:24 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:
madvillian wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:

That’s some art

That racism though fits with Gar and I have to assume his wife shares the same ideals. In all honesty I like the Finnish posters and hope they stick around after Lauri is gone. I can do without the endless debates over who is at fault for his lack of success. That being said there will still be plenty of Lauri discussion if he is wearing a new jersey next season. If he succeeds or fails there will still be talk. More than Dougie gets I would assume.

I can't stand them because they are player centered not team centered. I've really just been here too long and seen so many fans of the players and not the laundry it just grates on me. This will probably be my last post until the lottery. Lose all the rest of the games please.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#37 » by Michael Jackson » Tue May 4, 2021 8:38 pm

madvillian wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:
madvillian wrote:

I can't stand them because they are player centered not team centered. I've really just been here too long and seen so many fans of the players and not the laundry it just grates on me. This will probably be my last post until the lottery. Lose all the rest of the games please.

Remember Chitown who left the board with Jamal Crawford?
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,578

Post#38 » by DuckIII » Tue May 4, 2021 9:07 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:
madvillian wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:

Remember Chitown who left the board with Jamal Crawford?

Happens all the time. I left the board with Thabo. This isn’t even me.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
Pentele
Sophomore
And1: 176

Post#39 » by Pentele » Tue May 4, 2021 9:21 pm

madvillian wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:
madvillian wrote:

What this forum has thought me over the years is that the mettle of "a true Bulls fan" is tested when facing adversity. And by that I mean that those who are the loudest to complain about others being wrong sorts of fans seem to be the quickest to proclaim how they have "lost interest" or "are disgusted with the team and do not mean to watch games anymore" et cetera. Every year these posts appear like a clockwork. Honestly, I think it is an odd way to be a fan of a team. But perhaps I am just I a player centered fan from abroad who cannot grasp the nuances of American sports fandom. Or whatever rubbish you guys think of next.
Leslie Forman
RealGM
And1: 6,300

Post#40 » by Leslie Forman » Tue May 4, 2021 10:33 pm

Wingy wrote:I obviously agree with the sentiment given I called out the excuses, and I’m all for mocking the excuses...but def. agree. No need to mock folks communicating in a second language here. I like having the various international fans and opinions. No need to be an ass about it.

OK then, I'll be serious and just straight up say it. The subtle insinuations looking down on your, shall we say, more typical NBA player by some of his fans to use as excuses for Lauri has always really rubbed me the wrong way. But that's something I know a lot of people here would have a real problem acknowledging.

Return to Chicago Bulls