ImageImageImageImageImage

Does Lillard want out, and what would it take to get him?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,917

Re: Does Lillard want out, and what would it take to get him? 

Post#261 » by blueNorange » Mon May 3, 2021 10:16 pm

man imagine being such a hater that you're calling rj a 3 month small sample, what a pathetic fan you are.

nobody wants long term success, lol what a joke.

you have anymore terrible hot takes?
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,040

Post#262 » by sol537 » Mon May 3, 2021 10:19 pm

IQ, Obi, Mitch, Knox, both 2021 picks, Mavs 2023 pick, one future pick swap, two 2nd rounders.

That's my limit for Dame. If they want more, then go after Lonzo, instead. I'm sure Lavar will steer his boy to NYK.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#263 » by Oscirus » Mon May 3, 2021 10:37 pm

cgmw wrote:
NewKnicks wrote:
cgmw wrote:Honestly WTF? You’re just trolling now.

Ok dude. You’re right. Dolan would turn down Dame or Steph for RJ because marketing. Great call.

I have to agree with cg on this one. Dolan would absolutely jump on trading for a superstar. Dame would be INCREDIBLE for Knicks marketing. He would be on billboards and Knicks promos everywhere.

Really not even a debate. If Leon is offered either Steph or Dame, he would need a major explanation for turning it down — and “RJ is good for marketing” would get him laughed out of the room.

People act like MSG isn’t a publicly traded company. Shareholders in the NYSE know who Steph Curry is. That’s about all the “marketing” Leon’s bosses care about. If Leon opts out of a trade for somebody of that stature, he’d better be right. Like I said originally, I’ll have my popcorn ready.

Since much like the other guy you're pulling things out of your ass, lets go by precedent. The last great draft pick the knicks had was KP, Phil came to Dolan and said KP or me and who did Dolan pick again? I forget.

As early as this year, the knicks front office was apparently debating against trying to trade for Donavon Mitchell based on his perceived lack of fit with RJ, now that same front office is gonna trade a rapidly improving rj for a "superstar." Mind you, the Knicks had two separate opportunities to trade for superstars and didnt even blink, nor did Dolan force them to even try. But sure keep making baseless statements based on things that happened before Phil was here.

All this is baseless anyway, since you set no deadline for said trade to even happen. So lets do this, once RJ signs that second contract, I'll keep that same energy with you that you're using right now.
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
Oscirus
RealGM

Post#264 » by Oscirus » Mon May 3, 2021 10:38 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
Suns fan here. Reading this and hoping that Dame goes bye bye from the division. It doesn't make much sense for you guys honestly unless you tho with the amount of stuff needed to be given up to get him. What would you guys say to trying to trade for Fox instead? He fits the timeline better and can probably be had for alot less. Kings already have Halliburton on lock for PG. Obi and picks would get that done I'm sure.

Anyways congrats this season as a fan of another beat-up franchise it's good to a fellow lottery team in the playoffs. Hope you guys make some noise next few months.

fox is a player you give up picks for, he's a player that can be with rj and randle for more than 3 years, infact with rj/fox they can be together for 10 years if they wanted too.

dame can't say the same.

That's what I figured too. Idk if Sacramento would be down for that, but they should be trying to move Halliburton into the starter spot. Moving Fox for picks and young guys wouldn't be a bad move.

If phoenix knows what they're doing, they'll just move hali off ball and try to trade whats his face.
Oscirus
RealGM

Post#265 » by Oscirus » Mon May 3, 2021 10:42 pm

NewKnicks wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
NewKnicks wrote:
You're really selling a top 10 player in the league short. That's what we always do around here. Nobody wanted Chris Paul back when he was available. It was the same talk about him being too old and too expensive. How good would Paul look now on our squad?? We might be contending for the East. I don't see how Dame's talents will magically go away in a few years. Shooting doesn't disappear at 33. He's 30 years old now and people are acting like he's an old man. :lol:

Paul is the exception not the rule. Expecting a 30 year old to all of a sudden pickup defending just cuz he's here is a fool's errand and that's not even including the fact that there's no way that he'd be able to handle rj's minutes on a stripped team.

Making such a trade would at best make us fourth in the east and given that we'd have little to no assets to pick up another star, we'd be screwed.

So you don't want a 30 year old superstar because he doesn't play enough defense? Does Harden?

Again, I'm not saying we should make this move. But the bottom line is Dame is great, and he's far from being on the downside of his career. IF you want to make this move, we'll have to empty the roster. That's the going cost for a superstar in the NBA. We would end up with Randle/Dame and fillers. But that's what teams do when they acquire great players. Look at the Nets and the Lakers and what they gave up. If we were somehow able to keep RJ, I do the trade immediately, but Portland would not a deal with us if he wasn't included.

In the end, Portland will find a much better deal out then what we could offer.

Once again emptying out the cupboard for a "superstar" approaching his downside and trying to rebuild on the fly is a fool's errand. It's almost as if yall werent around when we did something similar with Melo.

Yes, Dame not playing defense is a huge issue if he's coming here to play for thibs. Its almost as if people dont know who's coaching this team.
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,443

Post#266 » by cgmw » Mon May 3, 2021 10:45 pm

Oscirus wrote:
cgmw wrote:
NewKnicks wrote:
I have to agree with cg on this one. Dolan would absolutely jump on trading for a superstar. Dame would be INCREDIBLE for Knicks marketing. He would be on billboards and Knicks promos everywhere.

Really not even a debate. If Leon is offered either Steph or Dame, he would need a major explanation for turning it down — and “RJ is good for marketing” would get him laughed out of the room.

People act like MSG isn’t a publicly traded company. Shareholders in the NYSE know who Steph Curry is. That’s about all the “marketing” Leon’s bosses care about. If Leon opts out of a trade for somebody of that stature, he’d better be right. Like I said originally, I’ll have my popcorn ready.

Since much like the other guy you're pulling things out of your ass, lets go by precedent. The last great draft pick the knicks had was KP, Phil came to Dolan and said KP or me and who did Dolan pick again? I forget.

As early as this year, the knicks front office was apparently debating against trying to trade for Donavon Mitchell based on his perceived lack of fit with RJ, now that same front office is gonna trade a rapidly improving rj for a "superstar." Mind you, the Knicks had two separate opportunities to trade for superstars and didnt even blink, nor did Dolan force them to even try. But sure keep making baseless statements based on things that happened before Phil was here.

All this is baseless anyway, since you set no deadline for said trade to even happen. So lets do this, once RJ signs that second contract, I'll keep that same energy with you that you're using right now.

Relax, I didn’t predict a trade. I predicted a massive public outcry to trade RJ based on the simple fact that the Knicks probably won’t win the championship this season, and the slightly more complicated fact that humans (New Yorkers in particular) are entitled jerks who, the second they get something nice, think the world owes them MORE, immediately, right now.

RJ is 20. Odds are he f*cks up at least once in the playoffs. The mob will turn on him. That is all. I don’t know what the trade market will yield or whether Leon plans to godfather his way into a superteam.

I’m just sounding the bell early hoping it helps fans keep their sh*t together when our 20 year old doesn’t magically deliver a championship.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,149

Post#267 » by Slim Charless » Mon May 3, 2021 11:06 pm

Oscirus wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
blueNorange wrote:fox is a player you give up picks for, he's a player that can be with rj and randle for more than 3 years, infact with rj/fox they can be together for 10 years if they wanted too.

dame can't say the same.

That's what I figured too. Idk if Sacramento would be down for that, but they should be trying to move Halliburton into the starter spot. Moving Fox for picks and young guys wouldn't be a bad move.

If phoenix knows what they're doing, they'll just move hali off ball and try to trade whats his face.

That Booker guy? I think they're gonna hold onto him for a little while longer.
Oscirus
RealGM

Post#268 » by Oscirus » Mon May 3, 2021 11:31 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:

That Booker guy? I think they're gonna hold onto him for a little while longer.

Oops meant Sacramento. Doh
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,039

Post#269 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Tue May 4, 2021 5:17 am

Jimmit79 wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Jimmit79 wrote:RJ will never be #1 or 2 option right now he's getting good looks because of Randle and Rose creating all opportunities so some of you guys feel a third wheel should not be traded for #1 scoring option who also would finally give us a PG and can score in clutch.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

He's a number 2 option right now at 20

Only half of all of RJ's shots are assisted, he's scoring .87ppp on isolations, just for reference Zach LaVine is the 3rd best isolation scorer in the leaguer right now, he scored .83ppp on isolations his 3rd year in the league, 10% more of his shots were assisted than RJ's are. Someone like Bradley Beal is only at .92ppp, to say RJ will never be able to be a 1st or 2nd option is crazy talk.
He's not #2 Randle and Rose are always in the game so RJ can play third wheel comfortably the last time RJ was #1 go to option was when Knicks barely beat bucks gsquad I mean come on you guys must watch the game are you blind Rose and Randle clearly the go to option.

He's 2nd in scoring, he's our number 2 :lol:

Think about what you're saying, the person you're saying is a 3rd option on our team is somehow our 2nd leading scorer, how can you make sense of that. Rose averaged 16ppg in his 3 starts, which is less than RJ, that is with similar minutes. You're confusing someone being a 6th man with them being a 2nd option, that's not to diminish Rose but RJ is obviously our 2nd option. Nothing you've said makes any real sense, RJ creates shots for himself at the rate consistent with a 2nd option, half of all his shots are his own creation. Devin Booker is assisted on 44% of his shots, he's a first option, RJ a 3rd option according to you is assisted on 50%^ of his shots. Make it make sense.
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#270 » by NYKAL » Tue May 4, 2021 12:25 pm

I love Dame but, this would be Melo all over again. I'd rather go to war with what we have, what we draft and whatever free agents Leon brings in. I trust the team in place and like the current direction of the team.
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,260

Post#271 » by iLLmatic860 » Tue May 4, 2021 12:39 pm

Only trade for Dame if we can bring in Kawahi

Dame-Kawahi-Randle

Sounds legit to me
Jimmit79
Head Coach
And1: 5,251

Post#272 » by Jimmit79 » Tue May 4, 2021 1:02 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Jimmit79 wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

Only half of all of RJ's shots are assisted, he's scoring .87ppp on isolations, just for reference Zach LaVine is the 3rd best isolation scorer in the leaguer right now, he scored .83ppp on isolations his 3rd year in the league, 10% more of his shots were assisted than RJ's are. Someone like Bradley Beal is only at .92ppp, to say RJ will never be able to be a 1st or 2nd option is crazy talk.
He's not #2 Randle and Rose are always in the game so RJ can play third wheel comfortably the last time RJ was #1 go to option was when Knicks barely beat bucks gsquad I mean come on you guys must watch the game are you blind Rose and Randle clearly the go to option.

He's 2nd in scoring, he's our number 2

Think about what you're saying, the person you're saying is a 3rd option on our team is somehow our 2nd leading scorer, how can you make sense of that. Rose averaged 16ppg in his 3 starts, which is less than RJ, that is with similar minutes. You're confusing someone being a 6th man with them being a 2nd option, that's not to diminish Rose but RJ is obviously our 2nd option. Nothing you've said makes any real sense, RJ creates shots for himself at the rate consistent with a 2nd option, half of all his shots are his own creation. Devin Booker is assisted on 44% of his shots, he's a first option, RJ a 3rd option according to you is assisted on 50%^ of his shots. Make it make sense.
Devin Booker can get his buckets against anyone he wants he doesn't eat free lunch like RJ does of Randle and Rose drawing most attention.

Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,224

Post#273 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue May 4, 2021 1:13 pm

Jimmit79 wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Jimmit79 wrote:He's not #2 Randle and Rose are always in the game so RJ can play third wheel comfortably the last time RJ was #1 go to option was when Knicks barely beat bucks gsquad I mean come on you guys must watch the game are you blind Rose and Randle clearly the go to option.

Devin Booker can get his buckets against anyone he wants he doesn't eat free lunch like RJ does of Randle and Rose drawing most attention.

:lol: Just stop it right now. You clearly don't understand the game of basketball.
:beer: RIP mags
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,917

Post#274 » by blueNorange » Tue May 4, 2021 1:18 pm

Jimmit79 wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Jimmit79 wrote:He's not #2 Randle and Rose are always in the game so RJ can play third wheel comfortably the last time RJ was #1 go to option was when Knicks barely beat bucks gsquad I mean come on you guys must watch the game are you blind Rose and Randle clearly the go to option.

more bad takes please!
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
cgmw
RealGM

Post#275 » by cgmw » Tue May 4, 2021 1:39 pm

iLLmatic860 wrote:Only trade for Dame if we can bring in Kawahi

Dame-Kawahi-Randle

Sounds legit to me

This is the conversation Leon/Wes are required to have at some point this summer.

Call one to Kawhi: hey, if we get either Steph or Dame, would you be on board?

Call two to GS/Pdx: other than Randle, what would it take?

Ironically, the resulting squad would be Thibs’ biggest challenge as a coach since it would require him to be flexible with his rotations, and since his PG won’t play much D.
Wharton Alum 08
Sixth Man
And1: 335

Post#276 » by Wharton Alum 08 » Tue May 4, 2021 1:40 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Jimmit79 wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

Not sure about his articulation of his point but I think as the season comes to a close and to the playoffs Rose will probably be the next guy leaned on more so than Barrett to be the second scorer just because RJ isn’t really a good enough creator in the half court. You can kind of see it coming now.
cgmw
RealGM

Post#277 » by cgmw » Tue May 4, 2021 1:46 pm

Wharton Alum 08 wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

Not sure about his articulation of his point but I think as the season comes to a close and to the playoffs Rose will probably be the next guy leaned on more so than Barrett to be the second scorer just because RJ isn’t really a good enough creator in the half court. You can kind of see it coming now.

Also just philosophically, linguistically fans get too caught up in defining “Number 1” “Number 2” when in reality each situation will have its own dynamic. There are individual matchups or plays where Julius defers, just as there are situations where DRose or IQ will be leaned on for their specific shot getting skills.

You gotta applaud D Rose for turning back the clock last night, but you’d also be a damn fool if you’re counting on that level of production for an entire season. Just like you’d be a fool not to see an upward trajectory for RJ.

But since people love dumbed down language so much, I’ll just say that we have our own little “Big 3” emerging.
Wharton Alum 08
Sixth Man
And1: 335

Post#278 » by Wharton Alum 08 » Tue May 4, 2021 1:49 pm

cgmw wrote:
Wharton Alum 08 wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

Also just philosophically, linguistically fans get too caught up in defining “Number 1” “Number 2” when in reality each situation will have its own dynamic. There are individual matchups or plays where Julius defers, just as there are situations where DRose or IQ will be leaned on for their specific shot getting skills.

Now, you gotta applaud D Rose for turning back the clock last night. But you’d also be a fool if you’re counting on that level of production for an entire season.

I mean it’s not like it was a one game aberration he’s been playing at a pretty high level since coming back from Covid. And his last couple seasons he was an 18 PPG player. He won’t shoot at 70% but he’s still a really good scorer.
Oscirus
RealGM

Post#279 » by Oscirus » Tue May 4, 2021 3:09 pm

iLLmatic860 wrote:Only trade for Dame if we can bring in Kawahi

Dame-Kawahi-Randle

Sounds legit to me

thibs would have a heart attack having to play those player rest games with his staff. Why you want to do that to thibs?
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#280 » by NYKAL » Tue May 4, 2021 3:25 pm

who cares who's number one or number 2. Its next man up, if you do have today, I got you mentality and I love it. Never know who the player of the game on our team will be on any given day outside of Jules (yup, Roses was calling him Jules and I'm rolling with it)

Return to New York Knicks