ImageImageImageImageImage

Relax kids....Curry ain’t going nowhere!

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,076

Re: Relax kids....Curry ain’t going nowhere! 

Post#41 » by The-Power » Mon May 3, 2021 8:14 pm

WarriorGM wrote:
Comments like the above are symptomatic of why Kerr ticks me off.

No Steve. It's what you owe him AND that what you need to do.

You're so blinded that you can't even see that Kerr is phrasing it this way precisely to praise Curry.
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#42 » by shazam_guy » Mon May 3, 2021 8:18 pm

I can't remember when I've seen fans berate a coach or manager who's won as much for them as Kerr has. It's...well, it just seems weird. Or sometimes aggressively stupid.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#43 » by and1GS » Mon May 3, 2021 8:46 pm

WarriorGM wrote:
Stephen Curry: Playing Whole Career With Warriors 'A Priority'

Stephen Curry can sign a contract extension with the Golden State Warriors during the offseason, or become a free agent after the 21-22 season.

Curry always reiterates that playing his whole career with the Warriors "is a priority."

"There's a heightened sense of urgency, as it should be, when you're a championship team that's trying to hold it together," Curry said. "Obviously, if you watched 'The Last Dance,' there's a lot of things in play in this league. Nothing is predictable. But that's what makes it fun.

"You have to have a perspective that you're good enough, capable enough to figure it out."

"He's so damn good we need to maximize him this stretch," Steve Kerr said. "You have to enjoy what he's doing as a fan, and appreciate what he's doing organizationally -- then do everything we can to build the best team around him. It's not like that's what we owe him, it's more like that's what we need to do."

The irony of you haranguing Steve for poor syntax is not lost on me buddy. #ThatWhatYouNeedToDo
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,690

Post#44 » by WarriorGM » Mon May 3, 2021 8:53 pm

The-Power wrote:
WarriorGM wrote:

You're so blinded that you can't even see that Kerr is phrasing it this way precisely to praise Curry.

I'm sure Myer's joke that one time didn't tick off KD.
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,076

Post#45 » by The-Power » Mon May 3, 2021 8:58 pm

WarriorGM wrote:
The-Power wrote:
WarriorGM wrote:

I'm sure Myer's joke that one time didn't tick off KD.

What are you even quibbling about? Point is that what Kerr said is actually better praise for Curry than your suggestion.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,399

Post#46 » by ILOVEIT » Mon May 3, 2021 9:23 pm

never thought Curry would go anywhere. Ever. I just don' want him wasted on a badly managed team over the next 5 years.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,333

Post#47 » by KevinMcreynolds » Tue May 4, 2021 3:45 pm

the bandwagoners don't have any appreciation for the Kerr/Myers regime, they didn't have to live through the St. Jean/Carlesimo/Cowens/Monty/etc years.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
NeoWarriors
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,321

Post#48 » by NeoWarriors » Tue May 4, 2021 4:09 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:the bandwagoners don't have any appreciation for the Kerr/Myers regime, they didn't have to live through the St. Jean/Carlesimo/Cowens/Monty/etc years.
But none of that could have happened without the Twardlman era. *shivers*

Sent from my Golden State Warriors Protoast Elite toaster using RealGM mobile app
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,359

Post#49 » by GSWFan1994 » Tue May 4, 2021 4:17 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:the bandwagoners don't have any appreciation for the Kerr/Myers regime, they didn't have to live through the St. Jean/Carlesimo/Cowens/Monty/etc years.

Man, just reading through these names gives me shivers down my spine!
a8bil
Analyst
And1: 1,674

Post#50 » by a8bil » Tue May 4, 2021 4:25 pm

In fairness to those guys, they were being sent to battle without weapons. the Warriors front office was terribly incompetent, drafting poorly and giving large contracts to role players.
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#51 » by Old_Blue » Tue May 4, 2021 7:04 pm

You didn't mention George Karl. You haven't suffered long enough. :lol:
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,333

Post#52 » by KevinMcreynolds » Tue May 4, 2021 7:51 pm

Old_Blue wrote:

floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#53 » by and1GS » Tue May 4, 2021 7:55 pm

I was so excited for Mike Montgomery. He might have been the worst out of that group, and that's saying something.

How Garry St. Jean has been welcomed back into the 'warriors family' is beyond me. Horrible coach and GM. Synonymous with Cohan era ineptitude.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Outside
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,187

Post#54 » by Outside » Tue May 4, 2021 7:59 pm

Old_Blue wrote:

Imagine the depths that your franchise has gone through that Keith Smart and Johnny Bach don't make the top five worst coaching regimes list.

I actually feel bad for Johnny Bach. He arrived at the bottom of the crater in the mid-eighties. The usual advice for long-time assistants is that you don't turn down a head coach job when it's offered, no matter how bad, but that stint was it for him. I suppose he felt the need to give head coaching a try, but he was a well-regarded assistant, and that was the role that fit him.

Return to Golden State Warriors