Completely Fake, but Fun 2021 Off-Season News Report Series: Steph Curry and Warriors Agree To Part Ways

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,583

Completely Fake, but Fun 2021 Off-Season News Report Series: Steph Curry and Warriors Agree To Part Ways 

Post#1 » by NYG » Tue May 4, 2021 2:06 am

Feel free to create your own as well, but I feel like throwing out a series where we throw out some ideas that aren't real, but just for fun we can kick around the value.

I'll start with this news report after the 2020-21 Season...

Steph Curry has informed the Golden State Warriors that he would like to move on and mutually part ways in a scenario where the Warriors can go all in on a rebuild.

Curry has a list of 9 teams he would accept a trade to as well:
Boston Celtics
Brooklyn Nets
Dallas Mavericks
Los Angeles Clippers
Los Angeles Lakers
Miami Heat
Milwaukee Bucks
New York Knicks
Philadelphia 76ers

What would the final deal look like in this scenario?
NYG
RealGM

Re: Completely Fake, but Fun 2021 Off-Season News Report Series: Steph Curry and Warriors Agree To Part Ways 

Post#2 » by NYG » Tue May 4, 2021 2:13 am

Ben Simmons, Tobias Harris, Tyrese Maxey and 27th Overall for Steph Curry and Draymond Green?
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,446

Re: Completely Fake, but Fun 2021 Off-Season News Report Series: Steph Curry and Warriors Agree To Part Ways 

Post#3 » by youngcrev » Tue May 4, 2021 2:16 am

I imagine the market would be similar to the one we saw for Harden. I think the Sixers would put Simmons + picks + other stuff on the table in an attempt to pair Curry with Embiid, and I think that would probably be the winning bid this time around.
Asianiac_24
General Manager
And1: 3,597

Post#4 » by Asianiac_24 » Tue May 4, 2021 6:14 am

Jamal Murray + MPJ + filler + 2 picks + 2 swaps for Curry/Green

Curry/Gordon/Green/Jokic would be favorites to win the title
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,044

Post#5 » by Laimbeer » Tue May 4, 2021 11:10 am

Curry is 33. He also is signed for just one season. If you sign him to a huge extension, he'll turn 35 in year one. He's still a great player, but all that has to be kept in mind.
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,478

Post#6 » by Wolveswin » Tue May 4, 2021 12:29 pm

Heat make the most sense — retire in Miami. Bam and Herro offer is pretty good too.

Nets are most fun.

Curry + Thompson + Looney + Filler

FOR

Irving + Harris + Dinwiddie + Jordan + any 1sts and swaps Nets can muster up

Warriors are left with decent team so Curry doesn’t leave them bare.
Jordan
Green
Wiggins
Harris
Irving
Dinwiddie (6th man and expiring trade filler)

Curry bring his brother and forms the superest of super teams ever.
Looney/ring chase vets who play D
KD
Thompson
Harden
Curry

Ring chasers would flock to join.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,048

Post#7 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue May 4, 2021 2:11 pm

The hard part of any consideration like this is that if Curry and GS decide to go their separate ways, and GS is willing to only send him to where he’s interested in going, it’s simply not going to be an “open market bidding war”. The return will be less than he rightfully deserves.
Zan Tabacco
Senior
And1: 281

Post#8 » by Zan Tabacco » Tue May 4, 2021 5:14 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:The hard part of any consideration like this is that if Curry and GS decide to go their separate ways, and GS is willing to only send him to where he’s interested in going, it’s simply not going to be an “open market bidding war”. The return will be less than he rightfully deserves.

you can't trade a player of this caliber and get a fair return regardless. the only fair return for a superstar is another superstar or a potential one.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,051

Post#9 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Tue May 4, 2021 5:25 pm

Heat seem like the best match to me. Have the pieces for GS, have the ability to contend, have the atmosphere Curry would do well in and enjoy with a focus on winning.

Knicks would be fun but they just aren't there yet as a team.

Bucks can't pull it off, and idk about Curry going there, but Curry/Giannis is... wow.
Zan Tabacco
Senior
And1: 281

Post#10 » by Zan Tabacco » Tue May 4, 2021 6:27 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:Heat seem like the best match to me. Have the pieces for GS, have the ability to contend, have the atmosphere Curry would do well in and enjoy with a focus on winning.

Bucks can't pull it off, and idk about Curry going there, but Curry/Giannis is... wow.

I don't see it with Miami. Not a single bluechip piece would be going the other way. If I'm trading Curry guys like Herro, Robinson and Achiuwa aren't getting it done and they don't have the picks either.
pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,355

Post#11 » by pipfan » Tue May 4, 2021 9:05 pm

Hard to do-he is older, and could fall quickly. His shooting will stay elite, but he relies equally on his quickness/balance. Plus, he only has a year left. Not sure if I see a realistic trade for him-that works for all three parties (him and the 2 teams)
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,167

Post#12 » by mademan » Tue May 4, 2021 9:23 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:Heat seem like the best match to me. Have the pieces for GS, have the ability to contend, have the atmosphere Curry would do well in and enjoy with a focus on winning.

Do the Heat have the pieces? They dont have a lot of their own picks and their best prospect, Herro, has lost a ton of value this season. And they dont really have any other young guys youre sure are gonna be even starters in this league let alone possessing star like potential.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,167

Post#13 » by mademan » Tue May 4, 2021 9:24 pm

Simmons+pick bundle+whatever other young guys they have is a decent offer if GSW wants to go that route
NYG
RealGM

Post#14 » by NYG » Wed May 5, 2021 1:43 am

NYG wrote:Ben Simmons, Tobias Harris, Tyrese Maxey and 27th Overall for Steph Curry and Draymond Green?

Wiseman/Harris/Wiggins/Maxey/Simmons + maybe Klay? + maybe Minnesota '21 1st? + Warriors own '21 1st

Embiid/Draymond/Thybulle/Curry/Curry is bananas
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Post#15 » by Warriorfan » Wed May 5, 2021 6:02 am

Curry has said he would go home to CHA.
Lamelo for Curry
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#16 » by kalenclayton » Thu May 6, 2021 12:13 am

Warriorfan wrote:Curry has said he would go home to CHA.
Lamelo for Curry

I’m surprised you posted this as a Warriors fan. He’s worth more than just LaMelo. We are talking about at least two 1sts unprotected + LaMelo (I’m thinking more like 4 1sts, but that’s just me). You don’t have to sell yourself short with Steph. He’s worth a lot.
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#17 » by Commodor » Thu May 6, 2021 2:02 am

*shudders*

If this did happen here’s my hope.

Curry for Simmons+Thybulle+Maxley+all the picks (somewhere between Holiday and Harden)

Draymond+GSW & PHi 21 FRP for MPJ+Aaron Gordon (unlikely but man jokic and Draymond would be dirty)

Klay for KP & Tim hardaway Jr.

Draft Suggs with MIN #4

Suggs/Maxley
Thybulle/hardaway
Simmons/Wiggins
KP/Aaron Gordon
Wiseman/looney
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#18 » by Commodor » Thu May 6, 2021 2:15 am

Commodor wrote:*shudders*

Curry for Simmons+Thybulle+Maxley+all the picks (somewhere between Holiday and Harden)

Draymond+GSW & PHi 21 FRP for MPJ+Aaron Gordon (unlikely but man jokic and Draymond would be dirty)

Klay for KP & Tim hardaway Jr.

Draft Suggs with MIN #4

Suggs/Maxley
Thybulle/hardaway
Simmons/Wiggins
KP/Aaron Gordon
Wiseman/looney

Forgot MPJ!

Suggs/Maxley
Simmons/Thybulle
MPJ/Hardaway/Wiggins
KP/Aaron Gordon
Wiseman/looney
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Post#19 » by Warriorfan » Thu May 6, 2021 2:27 am

kalenclayton wrote:
Warriorfan wrote:Curry has said he would go home to CHA.
Lamelo for Curry

I’m surprised you posted this as a Warriors fan. He’s worth more than just LaMelo. We are talking about at least two 1sts unprotected + LaMelo (I’m thinking more like 4 1sts, but that’s just me). You don’t have to sell yourself short with Steph. He’s worth a lot.

If FA Curry wanted to go to CHA GS would grant his wishes
cool93
Analyst
And1: 1,992

Post#20 » by cool93 » Thu May 6, 2021 5:52 am

Commodor wrote:*shudders*

Thats A LOT more than Harden or Jrue package, lol

Sent from my G3416 using RealGM mobile app

Return to Trades and Transactions