The Lebron Thread | 2021 (Pt. 3)

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,224

Re: The Lebron Thread | 2021 (Pt. 3) 

Post#961 » by PistolPeteJR » Tue May 4, 2021 3:43 pm

kayess wrote:Was the Lowry trade really happening though or was that smoke and mirrors? I HIGHLY doubt THT was stopping Pelinka.

Also, Jesus can you imagine if LeBron's antivax bull derails him from winning a title in 2021? lmaooo

There is no way that’s true honestly. Just the Sixers had better offer on the table despite not giving in to the Raptors’ price.
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,148

Post#962 » by PaulieWal » Tue May 4, 2021 3:43 pm

PistolPeteJR wrote:
Colbinii wrote:
PistolPeteJR wrote:
I had to do a double take. I DO NOT remember them winning 58 games LOL.

I remember them starting 9-8, and I remember them getting wrecked in regular season series vs their conference rivals in the Celtics and Bulls that year, only to slap them 4-1 each in the playoffs.

That said, I’m still surprised they’re ranked that high on this list.

The more I look back at that season the more I think of how big of a fluke and **** up it was not winning. They legitimately had the #1 and #2 basketball players in the world on the same team.

Wade was not the #2 player in the world at the time, no way.

2011 Wade? Absolutely, at worst he was top 3 or 4 if you really wanna give the nod to Dirk or Howard and heck, he might have been even #1 that year. His defense along with LeBron was absolute nuts.
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
kayess
Sixth Man
And1: 1,000

Post#963 » by kayess » Tue May 4, 2021 3:55 pm

PaulieWal wrote:
MisterHibachi wrote:
kayess wrote:Was the Lowry trade really happening though or was that smoke and mirrors? I HIGHLY doubt THT was stopping Pelinka.

Also, Jesus can you imagine if LeBron's antivax bull derails him from winning a title in 2021? lmaooo

Honestly, I didn't expect this vaccine stuff from LeBron. I thought he would be more progressive on this stuff, and be a leader. I don't really understand him here. Unless he's worried about the vaccine interacting with his ahem performance boosters.

It would be absolutely awful if he has to sit two weeks in the middle of the playoffs.

Yeah at this point it ain't even about being anti vax or something, but if he misses a series because he refuses to take the vaccine as one of the two players on his entire team, that has to be a 'blemish' against him. Come on, if for nothing else how do you not take the vaccine just so you are not missing an entire series. Like imagine you have to miss the conference finals or the Finals. What's the end game there?

That may be it. And look, I get it - African-Americans have reason to fear and distrust the government on this. But it's that vs. your generally progressive views, COMMON **** SENSE, and the greed/desire/hunger/etc. to win another championship and try to obliterate any arguments against you being the GOAT. What indeed is the endgame here? Looking like a moron?

Hibachi, you're probably right. He might've something in his system that wouldn't play well with the vaccine.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,760

Post#964 » by Colbinii » Tue May 4, 2021 3:58 pm

PistolPeteJR wrote:
Colbinii wrote:
PistolPeteJR wrote:
I had to do a double take. I DO NOT remember them winning 58 games LOL.

I remember them starting 9-8, and I remember them getting wrecked in regular season series vs their conference rivals in the Celtics and Bulls that year, only to slap them 4-1 each in the playoffs.

That said, I’m still surprised they’re ranked that high on this list.

The more I look back at that season the more I think of how big of a fluke and **** up it was not winning. They legitimately had the #1 and #2 basketball players in the world on the same team.

He was close--3rd in PER, 6th in WS and 4th in BPM/VORP. In the PS he was 2nd in PER, 2nd in WS and 1st in VORP (2nd in BPM).

When you say "no way" I think you mean "I forgot all about 2011, which I already admitted to."
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#965 » by PaulieWal » Tue May 4, 2021 4:27 pm

kayess wrote:
PaulieWal wrote:
MisterHibachi wrote:
Honestly, I didn't expect this vaccine stuff from LeBron. I thought he would be more progressive on this stuff, and be a leader. I don't really understand him here. Unless he's worried about the vaccine interacting with his ahem performance boosters.

It would be absolutely awful if he has to sit two weeks in the middle of the playoffs.

Yeah at this point it ain't even about being anti vax or something, but if he misses a series because he refuses to take the vaccine as one of the two players on his entire team, that has to be a 'blemish' against him. Come on, if for nothing else how do you not take the vaccine just so you are not missing an entire series. Like imagine you have to miss the conference finals or the Finals. What's the end game there?

That may be it. And look, I get it - African-Americans have reason to fear and distrust the government on this. But it's that vs. your generally progressive views, COMMON **** SENSE, and the greed/desire/hunger/etc. to win another championship and try to obliterate any arguments against you being the GOAT. What indeed is the endgame here? Looking like a moron?

Hibachi, you're probably right. He might've something in his system that wouldn't play well with the vaccine.

I understand the concerns of the African American community as a large against government/big pharma but I don't give that excuse to LeBron. He's someone who has unrestricted access to the best minds in the medical community and he clearly is on the cutting edge of it given that he's spending $1MM a year to stay healthy and does mess around with health technology and methods that is not even really available to the general public.

It might be a case of the vaccines messing with his other "intakes" but then again if LeBron is on something then other NBA players must be too but as per Silver over 70% of players have already taken the vaccines.
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
yoyoboy
RealGM
And1: 18,793

Post#966 » by yoyoboy » Tue May 4, 2021 4:32 pm

I had a strong feeling LeBron wouldn’t take the vaccine. That’s really disappointing.
PistolPeteJR
RealGM

Post#967 » by PistolPeteJR » Tue May 4, 2021 5:19 pm

PaulieWal wrote:
PistolPeteJR wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

2011 Wade? Absolutely, at worst he was top 3 or 4 if you really wanna give the nod to Dirk or Howard and heck, he might have been even #1 that year. His defense along with LeBron was absolute nuts.

I take LeBron and Howard over him for sure that year. To me, that isn’t debatable. But I can see a case for anywhere between #3-5.
PistolPeteJR
RealGM

Post#968 » by PistolPeteJR » Tue May 4, 2021 5:19 pm

Colbinii wrote:
PistolPeteJR wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

He was close--3rd in PER, 6th in WS and 4th in BPM/VORP. In the PS he was 2nd in PER, 2nd in WS and 1st in VORP (2nd in BPM).

When you say "no way" I think you mean "I forgot all about 2011, which I already admitted to."

LOL? All I admitted was that I forgot that they won 58 games. Don’t reach. See comment above.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,643

Post#969 » by nzahir » Tue May 4, 2021 5:30 pm

yoyoboy wrote:I had a strong feeling LeBron wouldn’t take the vaccine. That’s really disappointing.

It really is

Not sure why he hasn’t, any thoughts on why he hasn’t?
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#970 » by HeartBreakKid » Tue May 4, 2021 6:19 pm

If the Republican party hadn't adopted a racial platform they would have a lot of values that are pretty commonly associated with African-American communities (ditto with Latinos), especially around the area Lebron came from.

Not that surprised at all really.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,676

Post#971 » by Dupp » Tue May 4, 2021 8:10 pm

It’s no big deal. Lots of people don’t want to take it.
Freighttrain
Analyst
And1: 7,080

Post#972 » by Freighttrain » Tue May 4, 2021 8:26 pm

nzahir wrote:
yoyoboy wrote:I had a strong feeling LeBron wouldn’t take the vaccine. That’s really disappointing.

It really is

Not sure why he hasn’t, any thoughts on why he hasn’t?

Would seem very bizarre if he wouldn't. Are there any conditions in which is it is not recommended to take the vaccine that would apply to LeBron? Would it mess with the hair transplantations? :lol:
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#973 » by PaulieWal » Tue May 4, 2021 8:41 pm

Dupp wrote:It’s no big deal. Lots of people don’t want to take it.

Well the fact that lots of people don't want to take it is absolutely a big deal since that delays herd immunity and the longer we still might have to keep on doing these rolling lockdowns or "social distancing" measures. As someone who just wants to go back to 'normal' I really hope in most places we can get 70%+ people to take it so life can start going back to normal.

As for LeBron not taking it, it's even a bigger deal than the average Joe on the street not taking it since it could potentially mean him missing an entire playoff series. He's not someone who can just WFH if he gets covid exposure.
Freighttrain
Analyst
And1: 7,080

Post#974 » by Freighttrain » Tue May 4, 2021 8:43 pm

Read on Twitter

I prefer the cautious way, especially since the win against Denver. Just hoping he'll be around full health come playoff time.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,167

Post#975 » by mademan » Tue May 4, 2021 8:45 pm

Freighttrain wrote:
Read on Twitter

I prefer the cautious way, especially since the win against Denver. Just hoping he'll be around full health come playoff time.

Lakers should rest AD and anyone else they need against the Clippers. Punt that game and go all out against the Blazers
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,676

Post#976 » by Dupp » Tue May 4, 2021 9:00 pm

PaulieWal wrote:

Well the fact that lots of people don't want to take it is absolutely a big deal since that delays herd immunity and the longer we still might have to keep on doing these rolling lockdowns or "social distancing" measures. As someone who just wants to go back to 'normal' I really hope in most places we can get 70%+ people to take it so life can start going back to normal.

As for LeBron not taking it, it's even a bigger deal than the average Joe on the street not taking it since it could potentially mean him missing an entire playoff series. He's not someone who can just WFH if he gets covid exposure.

Missing a playoff series is absolutely not a bigger deal than potential long term respiratory issues from covid. It’s just basketball.

As for the vaccine, there’s already been issues with certain vaccines. Like blood clots for young people. Now the risk is low considering birth control tablets have a higher chance of the same issues. There’s been people that have been vaccinated that have then caught covid.

More issues might continue to arise and given the limited testing and quick production of the vaccine it’s perfectly normal for people to be hesitant. I knownThe good of the vaccine still far outweighs the bad. Just saying.

I get where you’re coming from though. Normal life is nice. The sooner the better.
Greyhound
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,722

Post#977 » by Greyhound » Tue May 4, 2021 9:21 pm

Dupp wrote:
PaulieWal wrote:

Missing a playoff series is absolutely not a bigger deal than potential long term respiratory issues from covid. It’s just basketball.

As for the vaccine, there’s already been issues with certain vaccines. Like blood clots for young people. Now the risk is low considering birth control tablets have a higher chance of the same issues. There’s been people that have been vaccinated that have then caught covid.

More issues might continue to arise and given the limited testing and quick production of the vaccine it’s perfectly normal for people to be hesitant. I knownThe good of the vaccine still far outweighs the bad. Just saying.

I get where you’re coming from though. Normal life is nice. The sooner the better.

I agree.
Don't believe the hype...
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#978 » by PaulieWal » Tue May 4, 2021 9:53 pm

Dupp wrote:Missing a playoff series is absolutely not a bigger deal than potential long term respiratory issues from covid. It’s just basketball.

But the long term respiratory issues means he should be taking it? Yes, the vaccine doesn't prevent transmission but there is overwhelming evidence that it minimizes the worst effects of covid including stuff like long-term damage to lungs and bascially prevents death.

Anyway, I have said my piece.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,643

Post#979 » by nzahir » Tue May 4, 2021 10:45 pm

Freighttrain wrote:
Read on Twitter

This has been an awful season

A ridiculous amount of big injuries and Covid cases for key guys

Just hoping we can avoid LAC rd 1 and I still have done hope that things will fall in place...
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#980 » by Ballerhogger » Tue May 4, 2021 11:07 pm

Freighttrain wrote:
Read on Twitter

most likely a loss then i could see them resting kawhi though

Return to Player Comparisons