ImageImageImageImageImage

This summer is going to be the most important of Myers' career.

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,400

Re: This summer is going to be the most important of Myers' career. 

Post#41 » by ILOVEIT » Sun May 2, 2021 10:19 pm

Poole has been given a green light every night....and once in a while he earns more minutes. On good teams he doesn't get a sniff.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,816

Post#42 » by cdubbz » Mon May 3, 2021 2:20 am

Wolves pick is huge. If we get #4 or not. But at the same time I don’t trust our draft scouts.

If we land #4 pick I would trade it along with Wiseman (As of now). I can’t see Wiseman improving until year 4-5. He’s not in our timeline for a ring.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,786

Post#43 » by floppymoose » Mon May 3, 2021 3:40 am

GQ Hot Dog wrote:
floppymoose wrote:Don't we have a thread by this title every year?

Regardless, this offseason is the peak value Poole will ever have his whole career. I'm hoping Myers cashes in.

I'm not sure follow. I want to win now.

Poole is not going to help enough to win now. If you want to win now, you send him, picks, and anything else anyone wants not named Curry/Thompson/Green in order to get pieces that are truly win-now pieces.
ILOVEIT
RealGM

Post#44 » by ILOVEIT » Mon May 3, 2021 9:21 pm

Not a Poole thread but...
What evidence suggests that Poole will be any better next year if he hasn't figured it out yet? I don't need a guy that just as likely goes 1-7 as likely as he has a 5-10 game.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,144

Post#45 » by TB » Mon May 3, 2021 10:15 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:Not a Poole thread but...
What evidence suggests that Poole will be any better next year if he hasn't figured it out yet? I don't need a guy that just as likely goes 1-7 as likely as he has a 5-10 game.

There is pretty much only evidence that shows he is a player that is capable of getting better. His TS% jumped 100 points from his awful rookie year. And even in his rookie year, his TS% increased almost every month he played.

I'm not saying Poole is going to be a star or starter or role player or anything... but to say we haven't seen any evidence of improvement is essentially the opposite of what we have seen from Poole.
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,365

Post#46 » by GSWFan1994 » Mon May 3, 2021 10:40 pm

I'll give you 2: his age, his production month by month.

An example: CJ McCollum's first years.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,184

Post#47 » by clyde21 » Mon May 3, 2021 10:59 pm

cdubbz wrote:Wolves pick is huge. If we get #4 or not. But at the same time I don’t trust our draft scouts.

If we land #4 pick I would trade it along with Wiseman (As of now). I can’t see Wiseman improving until year 4-5. He’s not in our timeline for a ring.

you don't trade it if it's 4/5 in most cases, you take that player...these players either Green or Kuminga most likely will definitely help us in the next 3 years, while also providing a bridge to the next iteration of the Warriors

it's not one or the other, you can get young guys that can contribute if the talent level and fit are there, look at what Hali is doing, etc. not every rookie is gonna be like Wiseman, which was our original mistake in the first place because his role just doesn't make a lot of sense on this team, especially as a high draft pick.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#48 » by clyde21 » Mon May 3, 2021 11:00 pm

TB wrote:

There is pretty much only evidence that shows he is a player that is capable of getting better. His TS% jumped 100 points from his awful rookie year. And even in his rookie year, his TS% increased almost every month he played.

I'm not saying Poole is going to be a star or starter or role player or anything... but to say we haven't seen any evidence of improvement is essentially the opposite of what we have seen from Poole.

yea Poole's been improving, but if we want to contend next year he shouldn't be our 1st guard off the bench (probably 2nd), question is who will be our 1st guard off the bench after Steph/Klay...tbd...
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,239

Post#49 » by Onus » Mon May 3, 2021 11:23 pm

GSWFan1994 wrote:Nice mention of Paul Reed there. He was an absolute stud in the GLeague this season. ROY, MVP, All-League 1st team, All-League Defensive team, everything you could imagine. 22/12/2 + 3,8 stocks.

I remember I was very annoyed when we didn't pick him in the 2nd round in this past draft.

I’m pretty sure I had him in my top 10 last year
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,239

Post#50 » by Onus » Mon May 3, 2021 11:27 pm

We should be all over the raptors and pacers if they are looking to tear it down after their miserable years.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer
And1: 850

Post#51 » by DevinVassell » Mon May 3, 2021 11:51 pm

Onus wrote:
GSWFan1994 wrote:Nice mention of Paul Reed there. He was an absolute stud in the GLeague this season. ROY, MVP, All-League 1st team, All-League Defensive team, everything you could imagine. 22/12/2 + 3,8 stocks.

I remember I was very annoyed when we didn't pick him in the 2nd round in this past draft.

The Wiseman pick is going to be great... but the Paul Reed/ Gleague root was the definitely the path to take in hindsight. Imagine Wiseman putting up serious reps and minutes and developing confidence against lesser players. Easily would have put up the same numbers as Paul Reed. Coaching staff jumped the gun...
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#52 » by and1GS » Tue May 4, 2021 12:18 am

clyde21 wrote:
TB wrote:

yea Poole's been improving, but if we want to contend next year he shouldn't be our 1st guard off the bench (probably 2nd), question is who will be our 1st guard off the bench after Steph/Klay...tbd...

You're right, but I fail to see what the tools are to get that. I think it's just MLE or a draft pick (or we trade that pick). Is there someone out there that fits the bill for ya? Lou Williams would come cheap, but he seems done.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,365

Post#53 » by GSWFan1994 » Tue May 4, 2021 4:21 pm

I'm hoping that New Orleans is going to try to free up cap space to offer the max to someone, and then we can snag Josh Hart cheaply.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#54 » by and1GS » Tue May 4, 2021 7:59 pm

I was thinking of Hart too, and think I mentioned him in another thread. NO would be the potential partner. They can't re-sign/keep everyone and even if they did, what's the goal there? Get to .500?

They're probably in store for a shake up this offseason. I wouldn't be surprised if they traded Ingram or gutted that supporting unit to dump one of Adams or Bledsoe. Nickeil looks ready for more minutes, so one or both of Lonzo/Bledsoe will prob be gone.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
TB
General Manager

Post#55 » by TB » Tue May 4, 2021 8:09 pm

Can someone explain how Oubre can be turned into a TPE?

Guessing this has to do with a sign and trade to a team with cap space? But i'm trying to determine the incentive for a team to do that unless its to pay Oubre what he wants via our bird rights.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#56 » by xdrta+ » Tue May 4, 2021 8:50 pm

TB wrote:Can someone explain how Oubre can be turned into a TPE?

Guessing this has to do with a sign and trade to a team with cap space? But i'm trying to determine the incentive for a team to do that unless its to pay Oubre what he wants via our bird rights.

Bird rights don't apply in a sign-and-trade because he can receive no bigger contract than he can get by signing with his new team directly. The only incentive for another team would be if they want to preserve their cap space for another use, the way the Nets did with Durant's S&T.

But in that case a team would have to send out salary to preserve their cap space (as the Nets did) and there would be no TPE. The whole idea of an Oubre S&T with the Warriors ending up with a TPE is unlikely in the extreme.
TB
General Manager

Post#57 » by TB » Tue May 4, 2021 9:10 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
TB wrote:Can someone explain how Oubre can be turned into a TPE?

Bird rights don't apply in a sign-and-trade because he can receive no bigger contract than he can get by signing with his new team directly. The only incentive for another team would be if they want to preserve their cap space for another use, the way the Nets did with Durant's S&T.

But in that case a team would have to send out salary to preserve their cap space (as the Nets did) and there would be no TPE. The whole idea of an Oubre S&T with the Warriors ending up with a TPE is unlikely in the extreme.

Thank you. Ya it seems strange that I keep hearing so many people want to turn him into a TPE as if its an easy step.. just doesn't seem likely unless we are sending out assets like the Iggy trade. But in that case just let the Oubre experiment end and let him walk.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#58 » by clyde21 » Tue May 4, 2021 9:24 pm

DevinVassell wrote:
Onus wrote:

The Wiseman pick is going to be great... but the Paul Reed/ Gleague root was the definitely the path to take in hindsight. Imagine Wiseman putting up serious reps and minutes and developing confidence against lesser players. Easily would have put up the same numbers as Paul Reed. Coaching staff jumped the gun...

highly doubtful
ILOVEIT
RealGM

Post#59 » by ILOVEIT » Tue May 4, 2021 10:26 pm

GSWFan1994 wrote:

I'll give you 2: his age, his production month by month.

An example: CJ McCollum's first years.

Okay....I bit. CJ was 10% better from 3 in year 1 and 5% better in year 2 from 3. I guess you could make an argument that Poole was so bad in year 1 that being a 34% in year two is improvement?
Not sure the comparison helps Poole's case. CJ was clearly a much better shooter immediately.

Poole
1s year MP 22, 9 pts, 33%, 27% from 3
2nd year - MP 18, 10 pts, 41%, 34% from 3

CJ
1s year - MP 12, 5 pts, 40%, 37% from 3
2nd year - MP 15, 6 pts, 43%, 39% from 3
ILOVEIT
RealGM

Post#60 » by ILOVEIT » Tue May 4, 2021 10:38 pm

One thing I do love about Poole's potential....his ability to get open on his own. He's got very good handles at his age and if he can every raise his IQ and shooting percentages closer to 39% from 3....ouch....

Return to Golden State Warriors