Warriors All-In and Plan for the Future

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

WAKEANT
Sophomore
And1: 51

Re: Warriors All-In and Plan for the Future 

Post#41 » by WAKEANT » Tue May 4, 2021 10:12 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
WAKEANT wrote:
Resistance wrote:

What is the cutoff for a star?

Top 20?

Top 30?

Top 40?

Top 50?

Top 10 AND a frontcourt player.

Name a top 10 player Warriors’ assets warrant (value wise) and that team would entertain said assets.

Well, the players that fit - (Giannis, Jokic, Embiid, Leonard, Davis, Towns, LBJ) are not available.... SO there is NO trade to be made.
At some point..maybe Giannis or Towns becomes available...the GSW roster/assets will have to be re-evaluated at that time to see what trade is feasible. As I've posted before GSW is not making major moves to be in the contender conversation. GSW will make a major move to be the favorite to win a NBA title. If that (Big move) opportunity does not appear -- draft well and develop is the strategy.

SIDE NOTE: The chatter that Wiseman's value is tanked/zero/etc is laughable. His rookie season is better than the rookie season of some current All-Stars (Giannis, Gobert, Vucevic, Sabonis). Teams need to have strong player development -- GSW is OK there. Jordan Poole is an example -- don't give up too quick on your young players -- Poole was awful last year (his rookie season). Now, Jordan Poole is a very useful player. GSW needs to see Wiseman reach his full potential or NOT with them.
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,483

Post#42 » by Wolveswin » Tue May 4, 2021 10:16 pm

Resistance wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:
Resistance wrote:

Here are 20 names in no particular order. Some people will swap a few others in, but this is close enough for a list that I created in less than five minutes.

Older
LeBron, Harden, Durant, CP3, Lillard

Younger
Doncic, A Davis, Giannis, Donovan Mitchell, Beal, Towns, Embiid, Zion, Jokic, Booker, SGA, K Leonard, Brown, Morant, Ingram

Something like Donic, Zion, SGA and Morant are still on rookie scale contracts so that a trade could be created without Wiggins. For the rest of the names, Wiggins would probably need to be included which impairs the value of the Wiseman + Minnesota first package.

So by top 10 you meant top 20+?

Good to have wild dreams. Of those listed maybe 2 are in the stratosphere of “available” and Warriors would have to dump every asset they have to even be in the fringe ballpark. Lame.

I ran it out to 20 names since there could be pushback on some (Harden, LeBron etc) because of age and maybe some quibble about the inclusion or exclusion of others.

So it is very safe to say. No top 10 player is available for the assets Warriors have.
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,530

Post#43 » by Devilanche » Tue May 4, 2021 10:23 pm

WAKEANT wrote:
SIDE NOTE: The chatter that Wiseman's value is tanked/zero/etc is laughable. His rookie season is better than the rookie season of some current All-Stars (Giannis, Gobert, Vucevic, Sabonis). Teams need to have strong player development -- GSW is OK there. Jordan Poole is an example -- don't give up too quick on your young players -- Poole was awful last year (his rookie season). Now, Jordan Poole is a very useful player. GSW needs to see Wiseman reach his full potential or NOT with them.

None of the 4 were picked as high though. He probably lost some value already but definitely still worth a first rounder somewhere...
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,052

Post#44 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue May 4, 2021 10:25 pm

Resistance wrote:
Warriorfan wrote:
Resistance wrote:Things have evolved over the years and I have it as quite difficult to almost unlikely that the Warriors will be able to make the moves that will transform them to being the favorite to win the championship.

Even if Thompson comes back at 90% of what he was

* The salary cap won't jump enough to facilitate another Durant walkling through the door

* A collection of Wiggins, Wiseman, Looney, Poole, Lee, Mulder, Paschall, Smalagic, Golden State 2021 first and maybe Minnesota 2021 first probably isn't going to be equal to the supporting group of the past (Livingston, Iguodala, etc)

* Green's three point shooting has declined in recent years

* I have the FO as weaker with the departutres of Jerry West, Larry RIley and Travis Schlenk in recent years

After 2022 Wiggins deal is exp. So tradeable.

Green and Curry can play for exemptions then max deals like Duncan and Manu. 2023 as well.
As one of the richest teams in the NBA the opportunity can be there if a player wants to come.

Most teams can easily make space if needed.

Spotrac
Green

Basketball Insiders
Golden State

Basketball Reference
Golden State

Draymond Green
2023-24 is player option.
Signed $4-yr/$99.6M extension August 3, 2019.
Signed July 9, 2015 for 5 years, $82,000,000.

I checked three different web sites and didn't find any that had a PO (Player Option) or TO (Team Option) for Green in summer 2022.

Green and Curry can play for exemptions then max deals like Duncan and Manu.

Please provide a link to a valid web site that has a PO or TO for Green in summer 2022.

Smitty has the final year as a player option for Green, and he’s usually 100% on his sheets.
Resistance
General Manager
And1: 3,364

Post#45 » by Resistance » Tue May 4, 2021 10:28 pm

WAKEANT wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:
WAKEANT wrote:

Name a top 10 player Warriors’ assets warrant (value wise) and that team would entertain said assets.

Well, the players that fit - (Giannis, Jokic, Embiid, Leonard, Davis, Towns, LBJ) are not available.... SO there is NO trade to be made.
At some point..maybe Giannis or Towns becomes available...the GSW roster/assets will have to be re-evaluated at that time to see what trade is feasible. As I've posted before GSW is not making major moves to be in the contender conversation. GSW will make a major move to be the favorite to win a NBA title. If that (Big move) opportunity does not appear -- draft well and develop is the strategy.

Wiseman & the MIN pick are not being moved together unless it's for a bonafide star

Top 10 AND a frontcourt player

When it actually gets down to specifics about a trade for a star, Top 10 player, whatever

If Golden State is going to be unable to get a trade completed for a Top 10 player, star, whatever.........then say that upfront instead of having a wild goose chase about a topic that there there is no real interest in discussing.
Resistance
General Manager

Post#46 » by Resistance » Tue May 4, 2021 10:51 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Resistance wrote:
Warriorfan wrote:

Green and Curry can play for exemptions then max deals like Duncan and Manu. 2023 as well.
As one of the richest teams in the NBA the opportunity can be there if a player wants to come.

Spotrac
Green

Basketball Insiders
Golden State

Basketball Reference
Golden State

Draymond Green

I checked three different web sites and didn't find any that had a PO (Player Option) or TO (Team Option) for Green in summer 2022.

Please provide a link to a valid web site that has a PO or TO for Green in summer 2022.

Smitty has the final year as a player option for Green, and he’s usually 100% on his sheets.

The final season is 2023-24 with the PO decision in summer 2023?

If so, then that would be in agreement with the web sites that I cited above.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,052

Post#47 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed May 5, 2021 12:12 am

Resistance wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
Resistance wrote:

Spotrac
Green

Basketball Insiders
Golden State

Basketball Reference
Golden State

I didn’t see you were asking about a decision in a year an option cannot legally exist. Options can only be for the final year of a contract.
Resistance
General Manager

Post#48 » by Resistance » Wed May 5, 2021 1:35 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Resistance wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

I didn’t see you were asking about a decision in a year an option cannot legally exist. Options can only be for the final year of a contract.

In the post that I was questioning:

Green and Curry can play for exemptions then max deals like Duncan and Manu. 2023 as well

it came across (implied) as Green would have a PO or TO in the same summer that Curry will need a new contract which is summer 2022 since 2023 was mentioned in the next sentence. Then both could play for a season on bargain contracts (2022-23 season) so Golden State would have cap space to carve out room for a good player in summer 2022. I didn't think that Green's contract would allow for that type of scenario in summer 2022, so I went to three different web sites to confirm that there was no PO or TO for Green in summer 2022.

Earlier in the thread, I had mentioned the Durant scenario.

* The salary cap won't jump enough to facilitate another Durant walkling through the door

Then we got started down the road about Green & Curry playing on bargain contracts to make another Durant scenario possible.

Using a salary cap of $115.7 million for the 2022-23 season, I used the most optimistic scenario that I could think of.

1. Wiggins ($33,616,770) swapped out for a player making $15 million. Why the team on the other side of the trade would do that is still a mystery to me unless Golden State is including compensation for the other team to eat $18.6 million in salary.

2. Curry playing for a one year veteran minimum ($1,717,971) which is the charge against the Golden State team salary after the kickback - subsidy from the league.

3. Used guesstimates of $5 million, $3 million and $3 million for the Minnesota first (2021 or 2022 draft), Golden State 2021 first, Golden State 2022 first for a total of $11 million. Moving the total down a few million won't have a significant impact on the bottom line number on the Golden State team salary for the 2022-23 season when the goal/objective is to facilitate another Durant scenario.

.........................................2022-23..
Stephen Curry (Vet Minimum)...$1,717,971
Klay Thompson....................$40,600,080
Wiggins Swap Out.................$15,000,000
Draymond Green..................$25,806,469
James Wiseman ....................$9,603,360

Minnesota First.....................$5,000,000
Golden State 2021 First...........$3,000,000
Golden State 2022 First...........$3,000,000

Jordan Poole........................$3,901,399

Charges for Unfilled Roster Spots
Min Salary..............................$952,304
----------------------------------------------------------------
......................................$110,486,191

Curry will be 34 and I don't think another Durant or even an imatation Durant will be eager to sign on for roughly $5.2 million when a $115.7 million salary cap is being used.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Post#49 » by Warriorfan » Wed May 5, 2021 5:37 am

Resistance wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
Resistance wrote:

Green and Curry can play for exemptions then max deals like Duncan and Manu. 2023 as well

it came across (implied) as Green would have a PO or TO in the same summer that Curry will need a new contract which is summer 2022 since 2023 was mentioned in the next sentence. Then both could play for a season on bargain contracts (2022-23 season) so Golden State would have cap space to carve out room for a good player in summer 2022. I didn't think that Green's contract would allow for that type of scenario in summer 2022, so I went to three different web sites to confirm that there was no PO or TO for Green in summer 2022.

Then we got started down the road about Green & Curry playing on bargain contracts to make another Durant scenario possible.

Using a salary cap of $115.7 million for the 2022-23 season, I used the most optimistic scenario that I could think of.

1. Wiggins ($33,616,770) swapped out for a player making $15 million. Why the team on the other side of the trade would do that is still a mystery to me unless Golden State is including compensation for the other team to eat $18.6 million in salary.

2. Curry playing for a one year veteran minimum ($1,717,971) which is the charge against the Golden State team salary after the kickback - subsidy from the league.

3. Used guesstimates of $5 million, $3 million and $3 million for the Minnesota first (2021 or 2022 draft), Golden State 2021 first, Golden State 2022 first for a total of $11 million. Moving the total down a few million won't have a significant impact on the bottom line number on the Golden State team salary for the 2022-23 season when the goal/objective is to facilitate another Durant scenario.

Curry will be 34 and I don't think another Durant or even an imatation Durant will be eager to sign on for roughly $5.2 million when a $115.7 million salary cap is being used.

2022-2023 Trade Deadline Wiggins can be traded for a max deal.
One way to get max level player.

On the book after 2023
Thompson, 43 mi exp
Wiseman TO 12
2021 1st
Min pick
2022 1st
2023 1st

Min contracts 5

Curry plays for MLE
Green BE
1and1 deals

https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/GSW.html

Free Agents.
An Embuid or Jokic can come in 2023.
https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/2023/
WAKEANT
Sophomore

Post#50 » by WAKEANT » Wed May 5, 2021 5:47 am

Wolveswin wrote:
Resistance wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:So by top 10 you meant top 20+?

Good to have wild dreams. Of those listed maybe 2 are in the stratosphere of “available” and Warriors would have to dump every asset they have to even be in the fringe ballpark. Lame.

I ran it out to 20 names since there could be pushback on some (Harden, LeBron etc) because of age and maybe some quibble about the inclusion or exclusion of others.

So it is very safe to say. No top 10 player is available for the assets Warriors have.

Zero Top 10 frontcourt players are available period. It does not matter what assets GSW has to offer -- zer0 Top 10 frontcourt players are available -- lets visit this conversation when that happens
WAKEANT
Sophomore

Post#51 » by WAKEANT » Wed May 5, 2021 5:50 am

Resistance wrote:
WAKEANT wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:Name a top 10 player Warriors’ assets warrant (value wise) and that team would entertain said assets.

Wiseman & the MIN pick are not being moved together unless it's for a bonafide star

When it actually gets down to specifics about a trade for a star, Top 10 player, whatever

If Golden State is going to be unable to get a trade completed for a Top 10 player, star, whatever.........then say that upfront instead of having a wild goose chase about a topic that there there is no real interest in discussing.

I believe I did that
Resistance
General Manager

Post#52 » by Resistance » Wed May 5, 2021 6:09 am

Warriorfan wrote:
Resistance wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

I already posted that link earlier:

Here is your earlier post

You had mentioned that Wiggins would be an expiring which would be the case in summer 2022.

In the next sentence, you advance the year to 2023.

2023 as well.

If the part about Curry & Green signing bargain contracts was for the 2023-24 season, then you should have advanced the year prior to bringing them into the discussion.

I will go step by step to show how your post read:

Summer 2022

1. After 2022 Wiggins deal is exp. So tradeable.

Still Summer 2022
2. Green and Curry can play for exemptions then max deals like Duncan and Manu.

Advance year
3. 2023 as well.

If you meant that the Warriors would wait until summer 2023 when Curry is 35 to have Curry & Green play on bargain contracts so they can try and off another Durant scenario, then it wouldn't have been necessary to mention Wiggins as an expiring since his contract would be completed at the end of the 2022-23 season.

Thus the part about Wiggins should have been changed since you are now suggesting that it is about the 2023-24 season which wouldn't need the step of trading Wiggins as an expiring.

Something like this:

Summer 2023

1. The contract for Wiggins has been completed and he has been renounced so that his cap hold/charge will be removed from the Golden State team salary.

2. Curry & Green agree to play for cheap/contracts so that the Warriors will have some cap space to try and pull off another Durant scenario.
Resistance
General Manager

Post#53 » by Resistance » Wed May 5, 2021 6:22 am

WAKEANT wrote:
Resistance wrote:
WAKEANT wrote:

I believe I did that

Zero Top 10 frontcourt players are available period. It does not matter what assets GSW has to offer -- zer0 Top 10 frontcourt players are available -- lets visit this conversation when that happens

You are posting the disclaimer/footnote stuff now in regards to a Top 10 player, but you didn't post it earlier in the thread.

WAKEANT wrote:
Resistance wrote:
Commodor wrote:Wiseman & the MIN pick are not being moved together unless it's for a bonafide star.

This is laughably bad for GSW.

Top 20?

Top 30?

Top 40?

Top 50?

I thought that you wanted a discussion about a potential trade, so I posted this in response to your post:

Here are 20 names in no particular order. Some people will swap a few others in, but this is close enough for a list that I created in less than five minutes.

Older
LeBron, Harden, Durant, CP3, Lillard

Younger
Doncic, A Davis, Giannis, Donovan Mitchell, Beal, Towns, Embiid, Zion, Jokic, Booker, SGA, K Leonard, Brown, Morant, Ingram

Something like Donic, Zion, SGA and Morant are still on rookie scale contracts so that a trade could be created without Wiggins. For the rest of the names, Wiggins would probably need to be included which impairs the value of the Wiseman + Minnesota first package.

Once it got around to an actual discussion, you pull out the disclaimer/footnote stuff. If the disclaimer/footnote had been included in this post

Then I would have skipped posting the names of top players since you really weren't interested in an actual discussion of a trade.
Resistance
General Manager

Post#54 » by Resistance » Wed May 5, 2021 6:57 am

Since you did revisions/edits while I was working on my earlier response, I will post against them now.

Warriorfan wrote:

On the book after 2023
Thompson, 43 mi exp
Wiseman TO 12
2021 1st
Min pick
2022 1st
2023 1st

Min contracts 5

Curry plays for MLE
Green BE
1and1 deals

Free Agents.
An Embuid or Jokic can come in 2023.
https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/2023/

What is packaged with Wiggins to bring back a player that is worthy (or close to worthy) of a max contract? Since you are showing

* Wiseman
    * Golden State 2021 first
    * Minnesota first
    * Golden State 2022 first
    * Golden State 2023 first

on the team salary, then evidently none were sent out in the package with Wiggins for the Max player at the trade deadline (Feb 2023?)

Curry plays for MLE
Green BE

I don't understand this part all.

If Golden State acquires a Max player via a trade of Wiggins at the trade deadline (Feb 2023?), then why do they need Curry & Green to sign cheap contracts in Summer 2023?

If Golden State has to wait until Summer 2023 to acquire a Max player when the Wiggins' contract will be completed, then the Warriors will have used cap space and won't have the MLE and BAE to give to Curry & Green. They will have

* Any remaining Cap Space
    * Veteran Minimum Exceptions
    * Room Exception

25. What are salary cap exceptions?

ROOM MID-LEVEL EXCEPTION -- This exception is available only to teams that drop far enough below the cap to use cap room, and therefore lose their Bi-Annual, Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level and Taxpayer Mid-Level exceptions (see question number 26). This exception cannot be used if the team already has used the Bi-Annual, Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level or Taxpayer Mid-Level exception. This exception becomes available once the team salary drops far enough that the team loses its other exceptions, and expires following the last day of the regular season. It allows a team to sign any free agent to a contract with a starting salary up to the following:

BI-ANNUAL EXCEPTION -- This exception is available only when a team is below the "Apron" (see question number 20). This determination is made after the exception is used, so a team below the Apron cannot use this exception if doing so takes it above the Apron. It cannot be used by a team that has already used its Taxpayer Mid-Level or Room Mid-Level exception. It allows a team to sign any free agent to a contract with a starting salary up to the following:

MINIMUM PLAYER SALARY EXCEPTION -- Teams can offer players minimum salary contracts even if they are over the cap. Contracts can be up to two years in length. In a two-year contract, the salary in the second year is specified in the minimum salary scale in effect when the contract was signed (see question number 22). The contract may not contain a bonus of any kind. This exception can also be used to acquire minimum salary players via trade. There is no limit to the number of players that can be signed or acquired using this exception.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Post#55 » by Warriorfan » Wed May 5, 2021 11:45 am

A max player can be acquired using Wiggins contract 22/23 contract at deadline.

A player wants to walk in 2023 and says they want to go to GS scenario.

Or

2023 off season a max level player can acquired using space.

This has top happen
Curry signed a 1 and 1 after 22.
Green opts out

It's pretty simple.
Resistance
General Manager

Post#56 » by Resistance » Wed May 5, 2021 4:26 pm

Warriorfan wrote:A max player can be acquired using Wiggins contract 22/23 contract at deadline.

A player wants to walk in 2023 and says they want to go to GS scenario.

Or

2023 off season a max level player can acquired using space.

This has top happen
Curry signed a 1 and 1 after 22.
Green opts out

It's pretty simple.

Curry will be 35 in March 2023.

Thompson will be 33 in February 2023.

Green will be 33 in March 2023.

Curry very well could have quite a bit of game left for the 2023-24 season while there are question marks on what levels that Thompson and Green will be at for the 2023-24 season.

The Warriors can wait it out for the Wiggins' contract to expire and for Curry & Green to play on cheap deals for the 2023-24 season. There will be a fair amount of fingers crossed and prayers said in hopes that all three (Thompson, Green and Curry) will still have enough Game left to get a Max level FA interesting in signing in summer 2023.
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#57 » by Warriors Analyst » Wed May 5, 2021 4:32 pm

WAKEANT wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:
WAKEANT wrote:

Every single one of those guys was significantly better than Wiseman per impact stats. Sabonis was actually worse than Wiseman on offense (and better on D) but he was also playing next to Steven Adams, who is a terrible fit next to him. Wiseman's value has absolutely tanked. There's no way around it. He underperformed, he's injured, and he's closer to having get paid.
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#58 » by Commodor » Wed May 5, 2021 5:01 pm

Resistance wrote:
Commodor wrote:Wiseman & the MIN pick are not being moved together unless it's for a bonafide star.

Top 20?

Top 30?

Top 40?

Top 50?

I think that the closest realistic option at this time would be Beal. Not sure if WAS would be interested, but that is the level of player that they would target.

Another aspect I think needs to be stated - a lot of these threads make it seem like GSW NEEDS to make a trade like OP and any difference in opinion must mean they trade for another player. GSW is content to hold their assets if it comes down to it. Deals like OP do not make them a true contender so what incentive is there for a move like this?
Resistance
General Manager

Post#59 » by Resistance » Wed May 5, 2021 5:41 pm

Commodor wrote:
Resistance wrote:

Top 20?

Top 30?

Top 40?

Top 50?

I think that the closest realistic option at this time would be Beal. Not sure if WAS would be interested, but that is the level of player that they would target.

Another aspect I think needs to be stated - a lot of these threads make it seem like GSW NEEDS to make a trade like OP and any difference in opinion must mean they trade for another player. GSW is content to hold their assets if it comes down to it. Deals like OP do not make them a true contender so what incentive is there for a move like this?

Beal will be making over $30 million next season, so a trade for him will very likely need to include Wiggins which will chip away some at the overall value of the package from Golden State.

I think that one of the reasons that these threads come up is because fans of other teams find it difficult to imagine that Golden State will be fairly standstill with the expensive part of the roster (Curry, Thompson, Green and Wiggins) while the Opportunity Window might still be open. Thompson and Green have had health/injury issues and Curry is closing in on his mid's 30's. Wiggins is Wiggins and has been discussed enough The Opportunity Window to be a true contender might be open for another 4 seasons or it could already be about to close.

Wiseman is appearing to be a project and the player that will be selected with the Minnesota first could be a project as well. It seems that earlier hopes/expectations were that the player to be eventually selected with the 2020 #2 pick (Wiseman) would be a positive contributor ASAP and then much the same for the player selected with the Minnesota first.

Are the trade proposals such as in the OP and elsewhere enough to push the Warriors to a true contender level?
Maybe not.

Will the addition of young players (Golden State 2021 first, Golden State 2022 first and Minnesota first (2021 or 2022) that might need a few years to develop be enough to push the Warriors to a true contender level?
Maybe not.
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#60 » by Commodor » Wed May 5, 2021 7:07 pm

Resistance wrote:Beal will be making over $30 million next season, so a trade for him will very likely need to include Wiggins which will chip away some at the overall value of the package from Golden State.

I think that one of the reasons that these threads come up is because fans of other teams find it difficult to imagine that Golden State will be fairly standstill with the expensive part of the roster (Curry, Thompson, Green and Wiggins) while the Opportunity Window might still be open. Thompson and Green have had health/injury issues and Curry is closing in on his mid's 30's. Wiggins is Wiggins and has been discussed enough The Opportunity Window to be a true contender might be open for another 4 seasons or it could already be about to close.

Wiseman is appearing to be a project and the player that will be selected with the Minnesota first could be a project as well. It seems that earlier hopes/expectations were that the player to be eventually selected with the 2020 #2 pick (Wiseman) would be a positive contributor ASAP and then much the same for the player selected with the Minnesota first.

Are the trade proposals such as in the OP and elsewhere enough to push the Warriors to a true contender level?
Maybe not.

Will the addition of young players (Golden State 2021 first, Golden State 2022 first and Minnesota first (2021 or 2022) that might need a few years to develop be enough to push the Warriors to a true contender level?
Maybe not.

The problem is none of these OPs are for players GSw would actually target. Joe Lacob is not sitting there thinking "man if only we had Jval, we'd be RIGHT there" or "Man Hayward is that missing piece". No contender in the league is thinking that.

Therefor these proposals are actually team targeting GSW's assets, which means it's GSW's price. GSW is not motivated to move Wiggins so they won't pay to do so. He's having the best year of his career and they can afford him.

If Memphis wants the MIN pick it'll need to involve Ja. If CHA wants Wiseman it'll need to involve Melo. Are either likely? Absolutely not. But if you want GSW's top assets you need to be sending back top assets. Not pieces that don't fit into their future and they don't mind losing.

Return to Trades and Transactions