The Lebron Thread | 2021 (Pt. 3)

Moderators: penbeast0, trex_8063, PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier

Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Re: The Lebron Thread | 2021 (Pt. 3) 

Post#981 » by Ballerhogger » Tue May 4, 2021 11:08 pm

PistolPeteJR wrote:
kayess wrote:Was the Lowry trade really happening though or was that smoke and mirrors? I HIGHLY doubt THT was stopping Pelinka.

Also, Jesus can you imagine if LeBron's antivax bull derails him from winning a title in 2021? lmaooo

There is no way that’s true honestly. Just the Sixers had better offer on the table despite not giving in to the Raptors’ price.

i think it wa really smoke and mirrors. The raptors now have to pay him or walks for free.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#982 » by Ballerhogger » Tue May 4, 2021 11:09 pm

i think there was sixers offer and the raptors wanted more. The sixers could of really used his scoring
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,677

Post#983 » by Dupp » Tue May 4, 2021 11:59 pm

PaulieWal wrote:
Dupp wrote:Missing a playoff series is absolutely not a bigger deal than potential long term respiratory issues from covid. It’s just basketball.

But the long term respiratory issues means he should be taking it? Yes, the vaccine doesn't prevent transmission but there is overwhelming evidence that it minimizes the worst effects of covid including stuff like long-term damage to lungs and bascially prevents death.

Anyway, I have said my piece.

Yes but you implied like him missing the playoffs was the important thing.

I agree with you the most part. I’m pro the vaccine and all that but have my own reservations and completely understand other peoples concerns/ hesitancy.

It’s all so new so whatever data they do and don’t have is from a very small sample size and timeline. It’s not your normal scientific process.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#984 » by Dupp » Wed May 5, 2021 12:03 am

Ballerhogger wrote:i think there was sixers offer and the raptors wanted more. The sixers could of really used his scoring

Did Lakers actually deny a Lowry deal or that just a false narrative ?
Greyhound
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,722

Post#985 » by Greyhound » Wed May 5, 2021 12:22 am

nzahir wrote:
Freighttrain wrote:
Read on Twitter

I prefer the cautious way, especially since the win against Denver. Just hoping he'll be around full health come playoff time.

This has been an awful season

A ridiculous amount of big injuries and Covid cases for key guys

Just hoping we can avoid LAC rd 1 and I still have done hope that things will fall in place...

The Lakers season is over.

LeBron cannot explode or react quickly off that leg. Five more games off will not solve that.

Jump shot/ playmaker/ decoy (2nd option) LeBron will not cut it.

This team is getting bounced in the first round, if they make it there.
Don't believe the hype...
J Shuttlesworth
Rookie
And1: 1,601

Post#986 » by J Shuttlesworth » Wed May 5, 2021 12:49 am

Yeah the report that he's having trouble with hard cuts and explosion off his leg is very concerning.

What a predicament though. I guess we'll see if the Lakers can maintain a playoff spot but it seems like this is very unlikely to be a title year for LeBron/LA. An unexplosive Bron won't cut it against teams like Clippers/Nets/etc
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#987 » by HeartBreakKid » Wed May 5, 2021 12:52 am

Dupp wrote:It’s no big deal. Lots of people don’t want to take it.

That's why it's a big deal. :lol:
Dupp
RealGM

Post#988 » by Dupp » Wed May 5, 2021 12:54 am

HeartBreakKid wrote:
Dupp wrote:It’s no big deal. Lots of people don’t want to take it.

That's why it's a big deal. :lol:

Well yeah that’s true
Dupp
RealGM

Post#989 » by Dupp » Wed May 5, 2021 12:56 am

Didn’t realise Lakers were on track to play the clippers in the first round. Maybe they could get bounced round 1
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,612

Post#990 » by nzahir » Wed May 5, 2021 1:24 am

J Shuttlesworth wrote:Yeah the report that he's having trouble with hard cuts and explosion off his leg is very concerning.

What a predicament though. I guess we'll see if the Lakers can maintain a playoff spot but it seems like this is very unlikely to be a title year for LeBron/LA. An unexplosive Bron won't cut it against teams like Clippers/Nets/etc

Agreed

Can you link the report?
donnieme
Head Coach
And1: 7,147

Post#991 » by donnieme » Wed May 5, 2021 2:13 am

Schroder even makes boneheaded mistakes off the floor. Didn't have to out Lebron as anti-vax. Has to be said though it's totally Lebron's choice. He knows his body, he might even have caught it and developed antibodies, maybe he's on a "vitamin" regimen, maybe he plans on taking it after a couple months. It doesnt have to be a function of ignorance, lots of people haven't taken it yet.

He's no nuclear physicist but he seems to know his body's biology more than the average person the way he takes care of it obsessively
donnieme
Head Coach
And1: 7,147

Post#992 » by donnieme » Wed May 5, 2021 2:21 am

nzahir wrote:
J Shuttlesworth wrote:Yeah the report that he's having trouble with hard cuts and explosion off his leg is very concerning.

Agreed

Can you link the report?

can't be more than recurring pain. From the eyetest in the 2 games he still has the majority of his physical ability intact
TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,318

Post#993 » by TheGOATRises007 » Wed May 5, 2021 2:37 am

Source for the report?
J Shuttlesworth
Rookie
And1: 1,601

Post#994 » by J Shuttlesworth » Wed May 5, 2021 7:19 am

nzahir wrote:Agreed

Can you link the report?

Eddy_JukeZ wrote:
Source for the report?

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31389569/sources-los-angeles-lakers-lebron-james-expected-miss-back-back-games-clippers-blazers-rest-ankle

"James has experienced some trouble making hard cuts and exploding since his return from six weeks on the sideline with the injury, sources said."
Sublime187
Rookie
And1: 1,091

Post#995 » by Sublime187 » Wed May 5, 2021 9:16 am

LeBron should have the right to choose whether he wants a vaccine or not. On occasion it would take years to develop and know the potential long term effects. Less than a year just is not enough time. That doesn't make you an "anti- vaxxer."
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#996 » by HeartBreakKid » Wed May 5, 2021 9:24 am

Sublime187 wrote:LeBron should have the right to choose whether he wants a vaccine or not. On occasion it would take years to develop and know the potential long term effects. Less than a year just is not enough time. That doesn't make you an "anti- vaxxer."

I mean...if everyone thought that way we would be in the same situation as last year for several years. In fact, if everyone thought that way there would pretty much no vaccine ever....so yeah, that is actually kind of an anti vax stance.
JulesWinnfield
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,354

Post#997 » by JulesWinnfield » Wed May 5, 2021 10:18 am

I’m an essential worker. I’ve long had the chance to get a vaccine, everyone I work with has gotten it long ago, we had the availability before anyone else. I still haven’t done it. I’m not anti vaxx, but it’s literally impossible to know the potential long term effects of something that just came out. These vaccines were only authorized under some emergency act which has a far lower bar for FDA authorization, and all of these companies were given massive waivers protecting them from lawsuits should something pop up down the line. To me this isn’t close to the same thing as anti vaxxers who are just generally against vaccines with decades of data behind them. It’s literally impossible for us to know the long term effects, and they are already stating that booster shots are going to be necessary within 6-12 months. So I’m supposed to take this risk and only get protection for less than a year? I’ll take my chances until we know more

I work in the most densely populated area in the country and have continued working 6 days a week during this entire pandemic. I haven’t caught the virus because I’ve been responsible. I’m going to continue doing what I’ve been doing and take my chances until we know a little more about these shots. That may sound crazy, irresponsible or selfish to some... but I’m not willing to be rushed into this
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,413

Post#998 » by Slava » Wed May 5, 2021 10:18 am

All because of that jackass Solomon Hill going for a ball he had no right to be going for. **** idiot!
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,568

Post#999 » by Colbinii » Wed May 5, 2021 1:51 pm

HeartBreakKid wrote:
Sublime187 wrote:LeBron should have the right to choose whether he wants a vaccine or not. On occasion it would take years to develop and know the potential long term effects. Less than a year just is not enough time. That doesn't make you an "anti- vaxxer."

I mean...if everyone thought that way we would be in the same situation as last year for several years. In fact, if everyone thought that way there would pretty much no vaccine ever....so yeah, that is actually kind of an anti vax stance.

My girlfriend works closely with the Pfizer and Merck studies. She has been working with sites which test and research COVID vaccines since June. She has been hesitant to take the vaccine because of the way it was rushed through FDA and how there have been no studies of long-term effects.

She is also the most pro-science person I know and she gets her flu vaccine/shot every year.

It is fine to be cautious and wanting to wait as long as possible to get this vaccine and also not be anti-vax.

Anti-Vax is an extreme and a label used for people who equate "vaccines as killing people". There is no need to label everyone who is cautious of the COVID vaccine as an anti-vaxer.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,172

Post#1000 » by PistolPeteJR » Wed May 5, 2021 3:22 pm

We should probably be careful with this whole anti-vax thing in this thread guys. Just a friendly caution because I enjoy this thread lol.

Return to Player Comparisons