ImageImageImageImageImage

Tank Nation - tWo (3.0)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Where do you stand?

Draft focused: Continue with the downward spiral and hope we get a top 8 (potentially higher) pick
75%
Playoffs: Challenge for the play in tournament and hopefully win a spot in the playoffs
10%
Compete: Don't care where we land just want the team to compete.
15%

Total votes: 136

Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,535

Re: Tank Nation - tWo (3.0) 

Post#1401 » by Bruin » Wed May 5, 2021 4:43 am

tecumseh18 wrote:As I noted in the post game thread Nick puts in Stanley with a few minutes to go, and then Bembry when we're 5 points down.

Anybody can do a strip it down OKC approach, but this is most masterful tank ever. It will be a case study in sports colleges for decades to come.

Hope Nick pulls out all the tricks against the Bulls on the 13th
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,157

Post#1402 » by God Squad » Wed May 5, 2021 4:44 am

tecumseh18 wrote:As I noted in the post game thread Nick puts in Stanley with a few minutes to go, and then Bembry when we're 5 points down.

Anybody can do a strip it down OKC approach, but this is most masterful tank ever. It will be a case study in sports colleges for decades to come.

Yeah it's a sure way to lose, while staying competitive. But we've won plenty of games where we should have lost.
God Squad
RealGM

Post#1403 » by God Squad » Wed May 5, 2021 4:44 am

PrinceAli wrote:

Hope Nick pulls out all the tricks against the Bulls on the 13th

The most important loss in the remaining schedule.
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 18,963

Post#1404 » by DelAbbot » Wed May 5, 2021 4:44 am

Stanley denied Kawhi (with double team help) very well tonight. And NN's whistle was so timely, it almost cost TWO this TWictory.

That was not a sabotage by NN.
canz55
Sixth Man
And1: 2,024

Post#1405 » by canz55 » Wed May 5, 2021 4:47 am

All these bitchass tank threads so we can get 8th...that's just great....

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using RealGM mobile app
ImageWe the Champs...
Marty_Budda
Sixth Man
And1: 2,801

Post#1406 » by Marty_Budda » Wed May 5, 2021 4:49 am

God Squad wrote:
Marty_Budda wrote:
DatHomieYouHaTe wrote:locking up that 8th pick more by the day it seems

Bring him home.

God I hope not. Hard pass on Davion atm .

At the number 8 spot he’s by far the best choice
JJ From Deep
Sixth Man
And1: 2,090

Post#1407 » by JJ From Deep » Wed May 5, 2021 4:49 am

canz55 wrote:All these bitchass tank threads so we can get 8th...that's just great....

What is your alternative solution sir
Bruin
RealGM

Post#1408 » by Bruin » Wed May 5, 2021 4:49 am

canz55 wrote:All these bitchass tank threads so we can get 8th...that's just great....

An 8th pick isn’t something to scoff at. Even if we don’t move up in the lotto, we’ll have a chance at drafting a great player for the future
Bruin
RealGM

Post#1409 » by Bruin » Wed May 5, 2021 4:51 am

Marty_Budda wrote:
God Squad wrote:
Marty_Budda wrote:Image

Bring him home.

God I hope not. Hard pass on Davion atm .

Not really. He’s a potential option but I wouldn’t say best by far. I’d rather Keon or Scottie since they’re 3 years younger and have the greater potential
dkb9696
Bench Warmer
And1: 968

Post#1410 » by dkb9696 » Wed May 5, 2021 4:51 am

It is great. I will be thrilled with 8th or 9th best odds. It was obvious the Raptors had no shot at out tanking the pros in the top 6. The worry was they would get into the play in and risk losing a lottery pick and getting curb stomped in the playoffs.
Marty_Budda
Sixth Man

Post#1411 » by Marty_Budda » Wed May 5, 2021 4:56 am

PrinceAli wrote:
Marty_Budda wrote:
God Squad wrote:God I hope not. Hard pass on Davion atm .

Not really. He’s a potential option but I wouldn’t say best by far. I’d rather Keon or Scottie since they’re 3 years younger and have the greater potential

This is exactly the reason why teams miss on great players aka Donovan Mitchell early in the draft. Teams enamored with age.

Davion is just about guaranteed to be a great defender from the get go and is super explosive. His ceiling as a shot creator is sky high. You think at 22 he won’t keep getting better?

Barnes is basically a Bruno level project. Dude wasn’t even a starter on his college team.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,726

Post#1412 » by Basketball_Jones » Wed May 5, 2021 5:00 am

Fred and crew all smiles after this loss. Pretty clear they’re just hoping for the season to end. They don’t want playoffs
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
God Squad
RealGM

Post#1413 » by God Squad » Wed May 5, 2021 5:00 am

Marty_Budda wrote:
PrinceAli wrote:
Marty_Budda wrote:

This is exactly the reason why teams miss on great players aka Donovan Mitchell early in the draft. Teams enamored with age.

Davion is just about guaranteed to be a great defender from the get go and is super explosive. His ceiling as a shot creator is sky high. You think at 22 he won’t keep getting better?

Barnes is basically a Bruno level project. Dude wasn’t even a starter on his college team.

You accept that Davion is 22. But won't give the same nuance to a 19 year old freshmen? Your whole post reeks of favoritism. Typical Realgm poster who falls in love with a prospect.
Bruin
RealGM

Post#1414 » by Bruin » Wed May 5, 2021 5:02 am

Marty_Budda wrote:
PrinceAli wrote:
Marty_Budda wrote:

Barnes has the physical tools to play like giannis defensively and his playmaking potential is intriguing. He considers himself to be a 6’9” PG and if he can develop properly in our system that’s scary

I won’t be mad with Davion cause I like him too but just not as much

Either way I trust our FO with whatever decision they make
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 18,963

Post#1415 » by DelAbbot » Wed May 5, 2021 5:02 am

We need to make more tank threads then - that will get us a higher pick!!
God Squad
RealGM

Post#1416 » by God Squad » Wed May 5, 2021 5:03 am

PrinceAli wrote:
Marty_Budda wrote:
God Squad wrote:God I hope not. Hard pass on Davion atm .

The problem I have with Barnes is his offence is suspect. Everything else he provides defense, rebounding, passing and energy all see to be there at a high level. But i'd rather someone with more offense in their bag. Not against Scottie, but he's not my top pick at that range.
Bruin
RealGM

Post#1417 » by Bruin » Wed May 5, 2021 5:04 am

God Squad wrote:
Marty_Budda wrote:
PrinceAli wrote:Not really. He’s a potential option but I wouldn’t say best by far. I’d rather Keon or Scottie since they’re 3 years younger and have the greater potential

You accept that Davion is 22. But won't give the same nuance to a 19 year old freshmen? Your whole post reeks of favoritism. Typical Realgm poster who falls in love with a prospect.

Besides Scottie played 25/40 minutes per game which is just fine for a high level prospect. Bruno comparison is uncalled for
Bruin
RealGM

Post#1418 » by Bruin » Wed May 5, 2021 5:06 am

God Squad wrote:
PrinceAli wrote:
Marty_Budda wrote:

The problem I have with Barnes is his offence is suspect. Everything else he provides defense, rebounding, passing and energy all see to be there at a high level. But i'd rather someone with more offense in their bag. Not against Scottie, but he's not my top pick at that range.

Yeah I hear you but I’m confident in our development. Regardless of how frustrating Siakam is, there’s no denying how much his offensive game developed since we drafted him. Scottie could do even more considering he’d be entering the league 3 years younger
Jerry Lucas
Pro Prospect
And1: 772

Post#1419 » by Jerry Lucas » Wed May 5, 2021 5:07 am

Forget this Scottie vs Davion debate, people still aren't talking enough about Tre Mann.
Tre Mann should have been a Top 10 Pick in the 2021 Draft

Team Find The Next Superstar Closer
Marty_Budda
Sixth Man

Post#1420 » by Marty_Budda » Wed May 5, 2021 5:07 am

God Squad wrote:
Marty_Budda wrote:
PrinceAli wrote:Not really. He’s a potential option but I wouldn’t say best by far. I’d rather Keon or Scottie since they’re 3 years younger and have the greater potential

Davion is 22 but already far more developed than Barnes. With Barnes you’d be taking a huge risk in hopes that he figures out how to be an effective half court player.

I’m sorry I shared my opinion however. I’ll get out of your hair now.

Return to Toronto Raptors