Draft Night Blockbuster! New Orleans Pelicans - Portland Trail Blazers - Toronto Raptors

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,594

Draft Night Blockbuster! New Orleans Pelicans - Portland Trail Blazers - Toronto Raptors 

Post#1 » by NYG » Tue May 4, 2021 1:13 am

New Orleans Pelicans get:
C.J. McCollum

-Gives: Eric Bledsoe, Jaxson Hayes, Wenyen Gabriel and 11th Overall Draft Pick

Why: The upgrade from Bledsoe to McCollum is insane for what this roster could use and well worth what they give up here.
====
Portland Trail Blazers get:
Pascal Siakam

-Gives: C.J. McCollum

Why: Nurkic/Siakam/Covington/Powell/Lillard is a much more balanced line-up for the Blazers to build around.
====
Toronto Raptors get:
Eric Bledsoe
Jaxson Hayes
Wenyen Gabriel
11th Overall Draft Pick

-Gives: Pascal Siakam

Why: Hayes is a huge upgrade at center and Bledsoe is actually a nice fit next to VanVleet. They create more cap space as a result and would have two lottery picks to rebuild around with Hayes, Trent Jr., VanVleet and OG Anunoby.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,380

Re: Draft Night Blockbuster! New Orleans Pelicans - Portland Trail Blazers - Toronto Raptors 

Post#2 » by JRoy » Tue May 4, 2021 1:19 am

TOR is going to want a better return that’s that if they decide to move on from Siakam. I don’t think a bad contract, a scrub, a prospect and a pick get it done but curious what TOR fans think about this one.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
NYG
RealGM

Re: Draft Night Blockbuster! New Orleans Pelicans - Portland Trail Blazers - Toronto Raptors 

Post#3 » by NYG » Tue May 4, 2021 1:21 am

JRoy wrote:TOR is going to want a better return that’s that if they decide to move on from Siakam. I don’t think a bad contract, a scrub, a prospect and a pick get it done but curious what TOR fans think about this one.

Does New Orleans need to add more incentive? Maybe replace Gabriel with NAW?
Tim Lehrbach
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,958

Post#4 » by Tim Lehrbach » Tue May 4, 2021 1:24 am

If (and only if) Powell will stick around, this is an easy yes for Portland. Siakam is an ideal third/fourth option with Dame, Powell, and Nurk and should help improve the D (as should moving Powell to the 2 full-time). Agree with JRoy that this looks like a tough sell for Toronto.
Clipsz 4 Life
January 20, 2002-May 17, 2006
Saxon
February 20, 2001-August 9, 2007
JRoy
RealGM

Post#5 » by JRoy » Tue May 4, 2021 1:25 am

NYG wrote:
JRoy wrote:TOR is going to want a better return that’s that if they decide to move on from Siakam. I don’t think a bad contract, a scrub, a prospect and a pick get it done but curious what TOR fans think about this one.

Pretty sure TOR would rather get a single high value asset that lesser pieces but maybe they like Hayes and another pick in a strong draft.
Edrees wrote:

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Tim Lehrbach
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by Tim Lehrbach » Tue May 4, 2021 1:26 am

NYG wrote:

I think Portland would add more if they hadn't already given away two picks for Covington. Not sure what they can contribute to help this one along, so the Pelicans would probably have to love CJ enough to break open their chest of future picks to get this one done.
Clipsz 4 Life

Saxon

NYG
RealGM

Post#7 » by NYG » Tue May 4, 2021 1:27 am

Tim Lehrbach wrote:
NYG wrote:

I think Portland would add more if they hadn't already given away two picks for Covington. Not sure what they can contribute to help this one along, so the Pelicans would probably have to love CJ enough to break open their chest of future picks to get this one done.

McCollum to NOP
11th Overall, Nassir Little, Derrick Jones Jr., Jaxson Hayes and Nickeil Alexander-Walker to Toronto
Eric Bledsoe and Siakam to Portland

You make up what you lack in assets by taking on Bledsoe's deal and adding DJJ/Little as depth to fill out Toronto's roster.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,288

Post#8 » by Godaddycurse » Tue May 4, 2021 1:27 am

I have siakam worth more than mccollum and Portland need to add more value. I also dont see toronto having interest in late lotto pick as the main return for siakam.
Tim Lehrbach
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Tim Lehrbach » Tue May 4, 2021 1:29 am

BTW, Toronto and Philly fans can help here: am I wrong to value Siakam significantly higher than Harris (at least for Portland), despite the former being perceived as having a "down" year as the other is peaking? Cuz I just realized my reflex is to say I'd definitely trade McCollum for Siakam but definitely would not trade him for Harris.
Clipsz 4 Life

Saxon

NYG
RealGM

Post#10 » by NYG » Tue May 4, 2021 1:33 am

Godaddycurse wrote:I have siakam worth more than mccollum and Portland need to add more value. I also dont see toronto having interest in late lotto pick as the main return for siakam.

What pick would you say Siakam is more likely to be dealt for in a vacuum value-wise?
Tim Lehrbach
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by Tim Lehrbach » Tue May 4, 2021 1:34 am

NYG wrote:
Tim Lehrbach wrote:
NYG wrote:

McCollum to NOP
11th Overall, Nassir Little, Derrick Jones Jr., Jaxson Hayes and Nickeil Alexander-Walker to Toronto
Eric Bledsoe and Siakam to Portland

You make up what you lack in assets by taking on Bledsoe's deal and adding DJJ/Little as depth to fill out Toronto's roster.

What's the payroll/tax impact? This one might be too rich for the Jody Allen regime. And, I think Portland likes Little quite a lot, so I'm not sure he's on the table in a starter-for-starter trade. Iffy on this revised version. Have to admire your ability to pivot to a creative solution so quickly though!
Clipsz 4 Life

Saxon

Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#12 » by Godaddycurse » Tue May 4, 2021 1:35 am

NYG wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:I have siakam worth more than mccollum and Portland need to add more value. I also dont see toronto having interest in late lotto pick as the main return for siakam.

What pick would you say Siakam is more likely to be dealt for in a vacuum value-wise?

it would have to be top 5 for this draft. Some may view that as an overpay (probably rightfully so given siakam's down year), but raptors fans and FO have reasons to think siakam will bounce back next year and it will require an overpay to get him.
NYG
RealGM

Post#13 » by NYG » Tue May 4, 2021 1:37 am

Godaddycurse wrote:
NYG wrote:

it would have to be top 5 for this draft. Some may view that as an overpay (probably rightfully so given siakam's down year), but raptors fans and FO have reasons to think siakam will bounce back next year and it will require an overpay to get him.

Is 6th getting it done or anything out of top 5 is a no-go?
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#14 » by Godaddycurse » Tue May 4, 2021 1:41 am

NYG wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:
NYG wrote:

Is 6th getting it done or anything out of top 5 is a no-go?

there's a really big gap between 5 and 6 in this draft.
Dn4sty
Analyst
And1: 1,906

Post#15 » by Dn4sty » Tue May 4, 2021 4:14 am

I’m not sure this is quite right, but it’s a great proposal overall. I think it could be tweaked somewhat and quite possibly work. Raptors probably need some more to make it happen.
Soulyss
General Manager
And1: 3,621

Post#16 » by Soulyss » Tue May 4, 2021 2:22 pm

I like this CONCEPT, but the OP's value is off for Toronto. Portland would have to kick in a 2023 first minimally.. probably a 2024 pick swap (protected top 5).
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,179

Post#17 » by Mr Swagtastic » Tue May 4, 2021 4:07 pm

Pretty terrible value for Toronto, Jaxson Hayes is pretty underwhelming as a prospect, Gabriel isn't better than what we are getting from Birch, Boucher and Gillespie so he's just a useless filler. Bledsoe is just a bad contract and a bad fit for Toronto with zero long term potential and #11 isn't that great if a pick.

I get the whole moving on from Pascals money angle but you got to ask yourself which free agents are going to want to sign?

Pascal is worth a whole lot more than this
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
Jon1798
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,477

Post#18 » by Jon1798 » Wed May 5, 2021 2:10 pm

Bledsoe is on a virtual expiring contract. At worst, he’s salary filler, if not a decent rotational player for a year. This bad contract talk is truly over done.
"This post wants out of New Orleans" - Woj
JRoy
RealGM

Post#19 » by JRoy » Wed May 5, 2021 2:17 pm

Jon1798 wrote:Bledsoe is on a virtual expiring contract. At worst, he’s salary filler, if not a decent rotational player for a year. This bad contract talk is truly over done.

I would say that he is salary filler at best.

No one wants Bledsoe on that contract, teams can’t afford $18 million on a backup g.
Edrees wrote:

Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#20 » by Godaddycurse » Wed May 5, 2021 2:24 pm

JRoy wrote:
Jon1798 wrote:Bledsoe is on a virtual expiring contract. At worst, he’s salary filler, if not a decent rotational player for a year. This bad contract talk is truly over done.

I would say that he is salary filler at best.

No one wants Bledsoe on that contract, teams can’t afford $18 million on a backup g.

22M if you count his partial guarantee next year

Return to Trades and Transactions