ImageImageImageImageImage

FVV or Klow? (Scenario FVV to Chicago)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

FVV or Klow

Trade FVV - re-sign Klow for 2 more years
42%
Let Klow go to wherever (ideally in S+T)
58%

Total votes: 79

SFour
RealGM
And1: 58,417

Re: FVV or Klow? (Scenario FVV to Chicago) 

Post#41 » by SFour » Sat May 1, 2021 9:59 pm

I'm not a fan of keeping Lowry mainly because of his age, I feel like it's time to move on....If Lowry was 2-3 years younger then ya I'd take him over FVV.

Lowry is likely going to a win-now contending team like the Heat or Sixers.
junot111
General Manager
And1: 2,817

Post#42 » by junot111 » Sat May 1, 2021 10:02 pm

For better or worse, Chicago is building around "Levine", they aren't going to trade him for FVV. Why do yall never consider the opposing team in trade scenarios smh
dkb9696
Bench Warmer
And1: 968

Post#43 » by dkb9696 » Sat May 1, 2021 10:18 pm

JShuttlesworth wrote:If I'm trading FVV to Chicago it's for Lauri.

Lauri does not really do much out there other then shoot 3s. Not the type of player the Raptors would target in a trade imo.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,620

Post#44 » by Psubs » Sat May 1, 2021 10:24 pm

dkb9696 wrote:

Lauri does not really do much out there other then shoot 3s. Not the type of player the Raptors would target in a trade imo.

Ya he's like a taller, less consistent Davis Bertans.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,620

Post#45 » by Psubs » Sat May 1, 2021 10:30 pm

junot111 wrote:For better or worse, Chicago is building around "Levine", they aren't going to trade him for FVV. Why do yall never consider the opposing team in trade scenarios smh

Ya, Lavine will get the max like Donovan Mitchell got the max from Utah and I would take Lavine even with the max contract.

Though I'm hoping Trent can be a less athletic, cheaper option. He's not as showy but could be closer to emulating Devin Booker. :nod:
dkb9696
Bench Warmer
And1: 968

Post#46 » by dkb9696 » Sat May 1, 2021 10:37 pm

Psubs wrote:
dkb9696 wrote:

Ya he's like a taller, less consistent Davis Bertans.

Even in minor moves we have seen the Raptors move on from poor defenders in Terrence Davis and Matt Thomas. The Raptors have their type it seems and that includes playing defense.
missionman
Junior
And1: 370

Post#47 » by missionman » Mon May 3, 2021 1:11 pm

bumping my own thread in light of last night's game and some comments i saw in the PG thread.

Close race of opinion!
Rapsalot
Head Coach
And1: 1,646

Post#48 » by Rapsalot » Mon May 3, 2021 1:54 pm

Depends some on the draft. If our best player available is a PG that is bigger maybe you keep KLow two years about 16 mil per for 3 years to mentor and be 6th man year 2/3 and then trade FVV. If you draft other position then you S&T KLow and try and get a few assets to fill roster now or future.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,497

Post#49 » by dagger » Mon May 3, 2021 1:55 pm

Indeed wrote:Where is the option re-sign Lowry (keeping VanVleet)?
Although he may ask for 25m, but if we can get him for 10m, that is a bargain to help this team grows.

A lot of crow being eaten after last night. Yes, your idea is just as valid as all of the trade thingys in this thread. Kyle isn't gone until he is gone. The teams that need him most, and where he could get a ring next season, are capped out and may not want to part with enough to interest Masai to use his cap space taking back their contracts. Miami, if you read the tea leafs closely, has a lot of mouths to feed and may not want to go deep into the tax with this group + Kyle. A team that wouldn't give up Tyler Herro at the deadline because they are convinced he's God's gift (well, maybe he is to women) and doesn't have an intriguing draft situation may not be any more willing to indulge Kyle unless it's at a substantial salary discount. Kyle understands we're not that far away from Miami and with a high pick might pull ahead. Our cap and draft situation are better than Miami's. So we ought not to count out Kyle staying. He has a comfort with his coach, his teammates, the organization and the city. Is this the most likely scenario? No. But it's not implausible either that he stays on a two-year deal while Malachi is groomed (and from Masai's PoV, that could not only lead to having a great replacement for Kyle but also make possible an FVV trade in a couple of years - but not now.)
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
goinrogue
Analyst
And1: 3,224

Post#50 » by goinrogue » Mon May 3, 2021 4:21 pm

The biggest knock of course against Fred is that he doesn’t really run an offence very well. When his shot is falling he looks great but he primarily looks to get his own offence going before he gets others involved. He’s more of an undersized shooting guard than a true point guard. That’s not necessarily a bad thing but I don’t think he can really be our point guard in the future because that’s not really what he is. It’s OK to have him and Malachi if he’s willing to let Malachi run the offense.

We could actually just resign Kyle and keep Fred and move Malachi for a draft pick. He showed enough that I think he can get us a decent pick this year.
Knucknbuc
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,732

Post#51 » by Knucknbuc » Mon May 3, 2021 7:15 pm

Lol imagine thinking overrated ass Lavigne is better then fav. Let me know when Lavigne gets a vote for finals mvp. Then I’ll trade for him

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
And1+2
Head Coach
And1: 10,407

Post#52 » by And1+2 » Tue May 4, 2021 8:17 pm

I'd love to keep Fred if we can get a point forward or a point guard who is over 6'3" so Fred doesn't have to handle the ball. I f'ing hate watching Fred run our offense. It's borderline infuriating and it will be hard watching games in the future if that is his role.

(We won't win much either...)
ropjhk
RealGM
And1: 10,511

Post#53 » by ropjhk » Tue May 4, 2021 8:31 pm

If you can get Lavine for FVV then I'm all for it. I suspect Chicago's price is much higher and I doubt a trade can be made.
Merit
Head Coach
And1: 2,883

Post#54 » by Merit » Tue May 4, 2021 8:55 pm

Psubs wrote:
junot111 wrote:For better or worse, Chicago is building around "Levine", they aren't going to trade him for FVV. Why do yall never consider the opposing team in trade scenarios smh

Ya, Lavine will get the max like Donovan Mitchell got the max from Utah and I would take Lavine even with the max contract.

Though I'm hoping Trent can be a less athletic, cheaper option. He's not as showy but could be closer to emulating Devin Booker. :nod:

If GTJ is 50% of Booker I'd be stoked. I'll take a consistent 15 ppg with decent defense and efficiency from 3.

If we're talking sign and trade deals, if Kyle would ever be open to being traded to Chicago, that would make some sense. I think FVV is the heir apparent at the PG spot. He's on a fair contract for his production and is one of the leaders on the team.

My hope is that Kyle joins us for the MLE over say 5 years, and Demar joins us with the cap space created by Kyle. Alternatively, we can re-sign Kyle and sign and trade for Demar. To me, he'd be a great get, especially on a shorter-term contract if we don't get someone like Kawhi.
I believe in Masai.
team edward
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,981

Post#55 » by team edward » Wed May 5, 2021 6:51 am

then Fred is staying, we can get Lauri with capspace and keep everyone.

It's not the sexiest move, but Lauri is young and has the right skillset and is attainable at a buy low price (presumably). Can split the capspace between lauri and Kyle, birch with midlevel, exceed to sign Trent and the frp.
Jim Todd Jr.
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,483

Post#56 » by Jim Todd Jr. » Wed May 5, 2021 7:40 am

You dont rebuild around 35 year old point guards.. Yes hes a legend, but hes gone in FA to a retirement home.. Im thinkin Miami..
Chips with the dip baybeeee.
Metallikid
RealGM
And1: 9,962

Post#57 » by Metallikid » Wed May 5, 2021 9:56 am

At this point Fred is the player on our roster I would be most okay with trading. Fred for Myles Turner and then like Brogdon for Adams would work out really well for everyone.
Metallikid
RealGM
And1: 9,962

Post#58 » by Metallikid » Wed May 5, 2021 9:58 am

dagger wrote:
Indeed wrote:Where is the option re-sign Lowry (keeping VanVleet)?
Although he may ask for 25m, but if we can get him for 10m, that is a bargain to help this team grows.

A lot of crow being eaten after last night. Yes, your idea is just as valid as all of the trade thingys in this thread. Kyle isn't gone until he is gone. The teams that need him most, and where he could get a ring next season, are capped out and may not want to part with enough to interest Masai to use his cap space taking back their contracts. Miami, if you read the tea leafs closely, has a lot of mouths to feed and may not want to go deep into the tax with this group + Kyle. A team that wouldn't give up Tyler Herro at the deadline because they are convinced he's God's gift (well, maybe he is to women) and doesn't have an intriguing draft situation may not be any more willing to indulge Kyle unless it's at a substantial salary discount. Kyle understands we're not that far away from Miami and with a high pick might pull ahead. Our cap and draft situation are better than Miami's. So we ought not to count out Kyle staying. He has a comfort with his coach, his teammates, the organization and the city. Is this the most likely scenario? No. But it's not implausible either that he stays on a two-year deal while Malachi is groomed (and from Masai's PoV, that could not only lead to having a great replacement for Kyle but also make possible an FVV trade in a couple of years - but not now.)

:nod:
Jetfire
Ballboy
And1: 34

Post#59 » by Jetfire » Wed May 5, 2021 2:38 pm

whats going on in your head to think any team, under any circumstance, would trade levine? lmfao

dude is a top 10 right now
Ackshun
General Manager
And1: 4,592

Post#60 » by Ackshun » Wed May 5, 2021 3:04 pm

Damn. we really gonna spell LAVINE like 6 different ways on this thread?

LOL. I feel like it's being done purpose.

Return to Toronto Raptors