ImageImageImage

Trade Discussion 22/23

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Bluelabel24
Junior
And1: 51

Re: Trade Discussion 20/21 

Post#1301 » by Bluelabel24 » Mon May 3, 2021 4:51 am

arkuo wrote:Those names wont move the needle and take Dallas over the top. Cuban said in his interview that he wont make moves for the sake of making moves. It has to be for someone who is a difference maker (all star) or none at all.

agree here but sadly i think these are the type of deals that will be realistic for KP IF nothing changes...(meaning him beasting in playoffs or something) in posting trade scenarios i always factor in and put myself on the other teams' GM mindset.. i try thinking of it from their perspective. ofcourse dont get me wrong, im not saying that just because a deal is realistic we should do it even if the returns are garbage..do i want bigger names? ofcourse. but its very complex and tough with KP right now..
im saying the FO should decide on KP and not be fickle.. we cant go" trade him " every time he plays bad and then go "dont trade him when he plays good". we cant have it both ways. but for us fans to have faith that he can become durable.. something has to change.

someone else said it first.. "KPs camp has too many cooks in it" when it should just be solely Casey Smith..
ive posted videos(with timestamps even) cuz i think its proof that those guys with him right now are sub standard. imo you dont need to be a MD/PHd to know that that inwards motion of knees is dangerous especially for a 7'3 guy, and what do they do about? nothing.
His foundation, nutrition, workouts, heck how many pushups or pull ups he does should all be from casey and no one else..
for example have him train here half of the offseason, if he trains in latvia or spain for 2-3 months have him come to US a month earlier. i dont know. what i do know is something in his routine has to change to either not trade him or get a better package in return.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,799

Post#1302 » by 41Dirk41 » Mon May 3, 2021 8:45 am

41Dirk41 wrote:Luka makes better everyone, they are good but we could replace them easily...

I told you...our bigger mistake is fall in love with our guys, we have Luka plus 10 role players.

This team needs talent talent and talent, don't make trades is awful for us. Any kind of trade could be good.
DrPampiloni
Junior
And1: 363

Post#1303 » by DrPampiloni » Thu May 6, 2021 6:42 pm

Speadge wrote:
Do you understand the difference between need to be drafted and being eligible for the draft? I think you have problem with basic terms. Not all NBA players are drafted but all of them needs to go through draft process in order to play in NBA.
Team can't just bring some random top euro player "because of euro connections" with skipping the draft. This player would either need to enter the draft or be a FA who entered draft already. There's no shortcuts just because of you have euro connections.
But yeah, I am repeating myself now. You understand what you want to understand. As usually.

This post is a bit old, but still I find it annoying when people get so cocky on the basis of false information:

EVERY INTERNATIONAL PLAYER who has not declared in previous years for the draft, becomes AUTOMATICALLY DRAFTABLE in the year in which they turn 22. So every undrafted player aged 22 and older is a potential free agent which can be signed (or bought out, up to 500k $ per NBA rules) by an NBA team. So if you are talking about shortcuts with young players, you have a point, but since the discussion was about established Euroleague players, then wth are you talking about?
DaddyCool19
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,392

Post#1304 » by DaddyCool19 » Fri May 7, 2021 8:35 pm

If you want to get out of Porzingis contract, wouldn't Horford kinda make sense? Maybe OKC would be willing to take the risk with him and it wouldn't be that unlikely, that he opts out of his final if he lands there. Horfords last year is "only" guaranteed at 13,5 M and he should still be a servicable big for a year.
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#1305 » by arkuo » Mon May 10, 2021 1:24 pm

Thinking out loud.

If the Mavs somehow miss on top tier talent like Kawhi in free agency (which they certainly would), and end the summer with Demar Derozan, Montrez Harrell and a re-signed THJ ( assuming Richardson opts out), would that still be considered a good offseason?
arkuo
General Manager

Post#1306 » by arkuo » Mon May 10, 2021 1:28 pm

Demar Derozan interests me a bit. If Cuban can hand Kemba Walker a max despite all the injuries on that 6 foot frame, why not Demar?

1. Can run around screens like Rip Hamilton waiting for good passes from Luka.

2. Can serve as your secondary ball handler and offense initiator when Luka sits or gets double teamed

3. Should not cost the $35M max. Which means he is realistically attainable.

I'd forget the Kawhi Leonards and even the Oladipos. Those guys wont even set a meeting with Donnie much less sign in Dallas.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,799

Post#1307 » by 41Dirk41 » Mon May 10, 2021 2:51 pm

DDR for sure...Harrell no thanks.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,339

Post#1308 » by Mavrelous » Mon May 10, 2021 3:00 pm

Bitch ass short center can be a good 4 option next to KP, but for Kleber type of money, not more.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#1309 » by Pinkyring » Mon May 10, 2021 3:02 pm

arkuo wrote:Demar Derozan interests me a bit. If Cuban can hand Kemba Walker a max despite all the injuries on that 6 foot frame, why not Demar?

2. Can serve as your secondary ball handler and offense initiator when Luka sits or gets double teamed

I'd forget the Kawhi Leonards and even the Oladipos. Those guys wont even set a meeting with Donnie much less sign in Dallas.

Derozen is not a run around screens player, I'd love to have him tho something in the 3/60 range
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,814

Post#1310 » by dirkforpres » Mon May 10, 2021 3:29 pm

arkuo wrote:Thinking out loud.

If the Mavs somehow miss on top tier talent like Kawhi in free agency (which they certainly would), and end the summer with Demar Derozan, Montrez Harrell and a re-signed THJ ( assuming Richardson opts out), would that still be considered a good offseason?

It would be, but I’d rather Dallas just pull the trigger on a Porzingis for Wiggins + Wiseman deal and then sign Richaun Holmes. That’s the perfect off-season IMO
FIRE JASON KIDD
arkuo
General Manager

Post#1311 » by arkuo » Mon May 10, 2021 5:07 pm

dirkforpres wrote:

It would be, but I’d rather Dallas just pull the trigger on a Porzingis for Wiggins + Wiseman deal and then sign Richaun Holmes. That’s the perfect off-season IMO

At that point, Golden State might even say no. Montrez should be good value with the Lakers having their eyes set on trying to keep Drummond.

Harrell seems to be the type to welcome contact. With a center as thin as Porzingis and with him hanging around the 3 point line more, a bruiser like Harrell seems to the be best one available with the money that's left.
arkuo
General Manager

Post#1312 » by arkuo » Mon May 10, 2021 5:10 pm

Pinkyring wrote:
arkuo wrote:Demar Derozan interests me a bit. If Cuban can hand Kemba Walker a max despite all the injuries on that 6 foot frame, why not Demar?

Derozen is not a run around screens player, I'd love to have him tho something in the 3/60 range

He isn't that type of player but he can. I've seen Pop run a lot of Iverson screens to get him the ball. That's why I said he has the potential to build on that. Move around without the ball, and have Luka drop a dime wherever he is and shoot that midrange jumper. It actually might help that we start doing those instead of shooting 50 three point attempts every game.
dirkforpres
RealGM

Post#1313 » by dirkforpres » Mon May 10, 2021 5:26 pm

arkuo wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:

At that point, Golden State might even say no. Montrez should be good value with the Lakers having their eyes set on trying to keep Drummond.

Harrell seems to be the type to welcome contact. With a center as thin as Porzingis and with him hanging around the 3 point line more, a bruiser like Harrell seems to the be best one available with the money that's left.

Just depends on how much they value Wiseman. He had a pretty underwhelming rookie season and injuries didnt help. If Porzingis comes back and finishes the season healthy and playing at a decent level, who knows
FIRE JASON KIDD
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#1314 » by ejs78 » Mon May 10, 2021 6:34 pm

I actually agree with you

As much as I hate Wiggins his contract is a year shorter and he actually plays.

Wiseman could go boom or bust which Ill take the gamble on

Holmes been all in on him for a long time.
dirkforpres wrote:

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
dirkforpres
RealGM

Post#1315 » by dirkforpres » Mon May 10, 2021 8:25 pm

Read on Twitter

This has all the makings of a summer divorce. Can’t wait to be rid of this diva
FIRE JASON KIDD
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#1316 » by Mavrelous » Mon May 10, 2021 8:35 pm

Me too, I just hope Donnie doesn't do anytging stupid like Kemba Walker.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#1317 » by Pinkyring » Tue May 11, 2021 1:07 am

Wait when kp got here i thought he didn't like the idea of playing center, now he doesn't want to play power forward? You're running out of positions to play bud
fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Post#1318 » by fuller4379 » Tue May 11, 2021 11:40 am

Team chemistry seems much better since KP has been out. I am getting to the point where I think a good off-season will be to trade KP for whatever table scraps he is worth.
arkuo
General Manager

Post#1319 » by arkuo » Tue May 11, 2021 12:02 pm

dirkforpres wrote:
arkuo wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:

Just depends on how much they value Wiseman. He had a pretty underwhelming rookie season and injuries didnt help. If Porzingis comes back and finishes the season healthy and playing at a decent level, who knows

With Indiana also in a mess with a new coach and everything, I also wouldnt be opposed to Porzingis for Myles Turner + TJ Warren. The chances of them keeping Warren after this contract are low given their situation. Myles moving well in the offense shooting threes and being active on defense offsets what you lose with KP. Turn around sign Derozan to 3 years $20M per and you got better starters around Luka.

C- Turner / WCS
PF - Warren / Powell / Kleber
SF - THJ/ DFS
SG - Derozan / Green
PG - Luka / Brunson

Could work if Cuban is open to sending KP to the east.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#1320 » by Mavrelous » Tue May 11, 2021 12:04 pm

Indiana already has a brilliant offensive center who is a sieve on defense, for 2/3 of what KP makes.

Return to Dallas Mavericks