Trade Ideas (Part III)

Moderator: ijspeelman

jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 31,982

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#1621 » by jbk1234 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:19 pm

youngthegiant wrote:How would you guys evaluate larry Nance's perimeter defense? Mainly being asked to defend a guy like Kawhi or Luka out in space or being switched onto guards.
It's one of the better parts of his game. We play him at SF in go-big lineups. But he's likely unavailable for what the Nuggets would want to offer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,125

Post#1622 » by TB » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:01 pm

Any good ideas Warriors related? Sorry, i'm not going to read through 80 pages :)

I think Osman and Nance would be nice fits for Warriors, but curious what everyone thinks they would cost.

For reference, a deal like Oubre for Osman and Javale is considered boring or "meh" on the Warriors board, but i'd personally do it. Is that a reality?

How about Osman and Nance together, what would that take? Oubre and Paschall and a 2nd?
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#1623 » by Stillwater » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:12 pm

TB wrote:Any good ideas Warriors related? Sorry, i'm not going to read through 80 pages :)

I think Osman and Nance would be nice fits for Warriors, but curious what everyone thinks they would cost.

For reference, a deal like Oubre for Osman and Javale is considered boring or "meh" on the Warriors board, but i'd personally do it. Is that a reality?

How about Osman and Nance together, what would that take? Oubre and Paschall and a 2nd?

I think if they were blown away by an offer for Nance like a lottery pick or a 1st or 2nd year player picked in the lottery they might be willing to move Nance otherwise I'd say he is the most untouchable player on the roster.
Cedi is probably getting moved if a late 1st is offered or maybe a younger forward that fits the rebuild timeline better but overall doubt he is moved tbh either without real incentives. I would take a high 2nd like 30-35 but most contender teams that would want him dont own them so it would have to be a late first imo. He is on a team friendly deal but he is a bit disinterested now that the season has hit several roadblocks
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Harper4Ferry?
Starter
And1: 78

Post#1624 » by Harper4Ferry? » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:25 pm

The stats don't really show it but if you actually watch the games Larry might be the best player on the squad. We went from a respectable squad to running around like headless chickens when he was injured.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,351

Post#1625 » by JonFromVA » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:55 pm

Harper4Ferry? wrote:The stats don't really show it but if you actually watch the games Larry might be the best player on the squad. We went from a respectable squad to running around like headless chickens when he was injured.

Hey, now... we were 4-1 during that same stretch once JBB eventually figured out he had a PF on his bench that could shoot the ball too.

:king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king:
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,125

Post#1626 » by TB » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:33 pm

Thanks for the responses. Surprised by Nance value, but thats awesome that he's playing so well.

Looks like Warrior fans may be a decent ways off on these guys, outside of maybe trading the Minny 2nd round pick for Osman (since its a good 2nd rounder).

Here is hoping we fleece you guys somehow and snag Nance and Cedi for Oubre, Paschall, and some bitcoin. :)
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Post#1627 » by Revenged25 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:03 am

TB wrote:Thanks for the responses. Surprised by Nance value, but thats awesome that he's playing so well.

Looks like Warrior fans may be a decent ways off on these guys, outside of maybe trading the Minny 2nd round pick for Osman (since its a good 2nd rounder).

Here is hoping we fleece you guys somehow and snag Nance and Cedi for Oubre, Paschall, and some bitcoin. :)

1000 Bitcoin and you got yourself a deal
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#1628 » by Stillwater » Sat May 1, 2021 7:59 pm

Trade Okoro Love and DG and start over
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1629 » by jbk1234 » Sun May 2, 2021 3:43 pm

Stillwater wrote:Trade Okoro Love and DG and start over

lol
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
JediMasterRevan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,047

Post#1630 » by JediMasterRevan » Wed May 12, 2021 4:55 pm

Just wondering what your guys' plan will be moving forward?

Think your pick would be available?
One of your young guards?
Love?

Seems like you have a nice group that just needs time.
Sexton
Garland
Okoro
Nance
Allen

Seems like a good core to me.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#1631 » by JonFromVA » Wed May 12, 2021 5:36 pm

JediMasterRevan wrote:Just wondering what your guys' plan will be moving forward?

Love?

Sexton
Garland
Okoro
Nance
Allen

Our pick and really any player on the roster should be available for a deal that would improve talent+fit. If the best player at our draft spot is yet another small guard, we should at least entertain trade back options.

I imagine the asking price on Kevin Love has come down quite a bit, but I doubt the Cavs are desperate enough to give up an asset to make him go away. So, he likely stays put. He sure hasn't done anything to increase his value around the league coming off his injury.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1632 » by jbk1234 » Wed May 12, 2021 5:38 pm

JediMasterRevan wrote:Just wondering what your guys' plan will be moving forward?

Love?

Sexton
Garland
Okoro
Nance
Allen

Our pick? Are one of the Jays available?

Love is clearly available. Cedi is available. Prince is available. Windler could be available for the right return. Same with Sexton IMO.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Revenged25
Analyst

Post#1633 » by Revenged25 » Wed May 12, 2021 5:42 pm

jbk1234 wrote:

Love?

Sexton
Garland
Okoro
Nance
Allen

Love is clearly available. Cedi is available. Prince is available. Windler could be available for the right return. Same with Sexton IMO.

I think I'd prefer Brown to Tatum personally but that is an interesting option if the Cavs could turn some of their assets into one of them regardless of which one it is.
JediMasterRevan
Sixth Man

Post#1634 » by JediMasterRevan » Wed May 12, 2021 5:45 pm

Revenged25 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

Love?

Sexton
Garland
Okoro
Nance
Allen

I think I'd prefer Brown to Tatum personally but that is an interesting option if the Cavs could turn some of their assets into one of them regardless of which one it is.

I feel like Brown has more value than the pick on its own. Brown has improved every year, is locked up, is a great guy and that is all proven.

But I love the idea of Suggs and Tatum paired together.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#1635 » by JonFromVA » Wed May 12, 2021 5:58 pm

JediMasterRevan wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

I feel like Brown has more value than the pick on its own. Brown has improved every year, is locked up, is a great guy and that is all proven.

Alas, Okoro+Brown sounds redundant other than the fact that Brown is already doing many of the things at a high level we hope Okoro eventually will.
Revenged25
Analyst

Post#1636 » by Revenged25 » Wed May 12, 2021 6:04 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
JediMasterRevan wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:

Alas, Okoro+Brown sounds redundant other than the fact that Brown is already doing many of the things at a high level we hope Okoro eventually will.

Let's just say that Okoro becomes the same level of player Brown is, would you not run them both and be happy about it? Sure they'd be a little undersized at the 3 with both being about 6'5-6'6 but if they can end up handling the defensive responsibilities it doesn't matter if they are redundant or not. Though it would definitely put a high priority on a floor manager PG like CP3 to run the offense.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1637 » by jbk1234 » Wed May 12, 2021 6:20 pm

JediMasterRevan wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

It's close. He's injured and not under contract for as long as Tatum. I'd pull the trigger or even add a sweetener, but outside of Tatum and Brown, there's no other assets, or combination of assets, that would get the Celtics into the top 5 in this draft.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
JediMasterRevan
Sixth Man

Post#1638 » by JediMasterRevan » Wed May 12, 2021 6:23 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
JediMasterRevan wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:

It's close. He's injured and not under contract for as long as Tatum. I'd pull the trigger or even add a sweetener, but outside of Tatum and Brown, there's no other assets, or combination of assets, that would get the Celtics into the top 5 in this draft.

I think Smart can get them close.

Like the minny pick from GSW if that pick is 6th
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#1639 » by JonFromVA » Wed May 12, 2021 6:36 pm

Revenged25 wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
JediMasterRevan wrote:

Let's just say that Okoro becomes the same level of player Brown is, would you not run them both and be happy about it? Sure they'd be a little undersized at the 3 with both being about 6'5-6'6 but if they can end up handling the defensive responsibilities it doesn't matter if they are redundant or not. Though it would definitely put a high priority on a floor manager PG like CP3 to run the offense.

I'd hope our SG or our SF could break down his defender off the dribble and create some offense, otherwise everything falls to Garland/Sexton which at least so far has proven pretty easy to stymie when one of them is the only creator.

Anyway, hard to imagine Dan Gilbert dealing with Danny Ainge again after the IT fiasco ... if Danny offered us Brown, my first thought would be that he must have some sort of degenerative condition. :lol:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1640 » by jbk1234 » Wed May 12, 2021 6:45 pm

JediMasterRevan wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
JediMasterRevan wrote:

I think Smart can get them close.

Like the minny pick from GSW if that pick is 6th

It couldn't with the Cavs. Who knows what GS will do or even if that pick will convey, but salary matching is going to be an issue and they'll likely want to send out Wiggins.
cbosh4mvp wrote:

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers