Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

jake_swivel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,079

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#1401 » by jake_swivel » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:07 pm

ThunderBorn wrote:Hypothetically, say we get the 1st pick in this draft. Houston falls out of the top 4. Would we still get Houston’s pick or would it be Miami’s pick? To my understanding we would keep our pick and since we have a swap with Houston. They would get to keep their pick (outside of top 4). So that would leave us with pick 1 and Miami’s pick.... help me out here

OKC would get the rockets pick if it’s outside the top 4 even if OKC was picking 1st.
ThunderBorn
Ballboy
And1: 9

Post#1402 » by ThunderBorn » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:33 pm

jake_swivel wrote:
ThunderBorn wrote:Hypothetically, say we get the 1st pick in this draft. Houston falls out of the top 4. Would we still get Houston’s pick or would it be Miami’s pick? To my understanding we would keep our pick and since we have a swap with Houston. They would get to keep their pick (outside of top 4). So that would leave us with pick 1 and Miami’s pick.... help me out here

OKC would get the rockets pick if it’s outside the top 4 even if OKC was picking 1st.

I thought pick swap meant the best of the 2 picks. We don’t own the rockets pick this year, like we do next year.
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,079

Post#1403 » by jake_swivel » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:47 pm

ThunderBorn wrote:
jake_swivel wrote:

I thought pick swap meant the best of the 2 picks. We don’t own the rockets pick this year, like we do next year.

:|
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,548

Post#1404 » by Devilanche » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:58 pm

ThunderBorn wrote:
jake_swivel wrote:

OKC/Houston/Miami - best 2 out of 3 unless Houston pick falls 1-4 then we will get Miami’s.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
slicedbread2
Analyst
And1: 2,714

Post#1405 » by slicedbread2 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:37 am

ThunderBorn wrote:
jake_swivel wrote:

Here's the rule with this year's picks:

1) OKC has the right to swap picks with HOU in 2021. Pick is protected from 1-4. If it stays in this range, Rockets keep the pick. If it falls outside the protected range, the Rockets will end up with the lower of OKC/Miami's 1st. Otherwise Thunder keep Miami's pick if the Rocket's pick stays in said protected range.

Hope the explanation helps.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Post#1406 » by Balkman32 » Wed May 5, 2021 4:56 pm

slicedbread2 wrote:
ThunderBorn wrote:
jake_swivel wrote:

Here's the rule with this year's picks:

1) OKC has the right to swap picks with HOU in 2021. Pick is protected from 1-4. If it stays in this range, Rockets keep the pick. If it falls outside the protected range, the Rockets will end up with the lower of OKC/Miami's 1st. Otherwise Thunder keep Miami's pick if the Rocket's pick stays in said protected range.

Hope the explanation helps.

The reason the Thunder were able to do it this way was because they have Miami's unprotected pick form the George trade before they made the Westbrook deal to acquire the pick swap.

At the end of the day the Thunder will keep their pick. The pick swap is between Houston First (top 4 protected) and Miami's First.

If Houston remains the worst team in the league. Their odds at receiving the #5 pick are the highest.
JediMasterRevan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,047

Post#1407 » by JediMasterRevan » Wed May 12, 2021 5:00 pm

Anyone think OKC might move the pick?
If so what would the cost be?
Dn4sty
Analyst
And1: 1,906

Post#1408 » by Dn4sty » Wed May 12, 2021 5:29 pm

JediMasterRevan wrote:Anyone think OKC might move the pick?

I think there is a chance they move 5 if they also land their own pick in the top 5. If they just land one pick in the top 5, then I don’t believe they will move it.

If the worst case (like 7 and 19) happens then I think you could see them move those picks along with other stuff for current nba players.

I’m not sure how long you can prolong the tank with SGA on the roster.

Did you have something in mind?
JediMasterRevan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,047

Post#1409 » by JediMasterRevan » Wed May 12, 2021 5:46 pm

Dn4sty wrote:
JediMasterRevan wrote:Anyone think OKC might move the pick?

I think there is a chance they move 5 if they also land their own pick in the top 5. If they just land one pick in the top 5, then I don’t believe they will move it.

If the worst case (like 7 and 19) happens then I think you could see them move those picks along with other stuff for current nba players.

I’m not sure how long you can prolong the tank with SGA on the roster.

Did you have something in mind?

Just curious more than anything at this point in time.
jambalaya
Sixth Man
And1: 286

Post#1410 » by jambalaya » Thu May 13, 2021 12:09 am

Horford transaction possibilities (not sweating exact details / balancing):

GSW for Wiggins or as part of a multi-team deal.

Nuggets: for Will Barton and Jymychal Green and either passing them along to somebody else immediately or later.

Magic: For Harris or Bamba / Ross / filler.

Mavs: multi-team deal involving Hardaway sign n trade and D Powell.

Kings: a deal involving some combo of Hield, Barnes, Bagley, Holmes sign n trade and Wright mostly going to other teams.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,209

Post#1411 » by ThunderBolt » Thu May 13, 2021 3:42 pm

bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#1412 » by BlazersBroncos » Thu May 13, 2021 5:20 pm

I'm not giving up this years pick but I would be interested.

If OKC ends up w/ the HOU pick, flipping it for JJJ would be a great move.

G - Suggs (OKC FRP)
G - SGA
F - Williams
F - Poku
C - JJJ

That looks really nice on paper.
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 911

Post#1413 » by retrobro90 » Thu May 13, 2021 6:13 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:
I'm not giving up this years pick but I would be interested.

If OKC ends up w/ the HOU pick, flipping it for JJJ would be a great move.

G - Suggs (OKC FRP)
G - SGA
F - Williams
F - Poku
C - JJJ

That looks really nice on paper.

I'd pass personally. Not crazy about JJJ even when he's healthy. Hasn't lived up to his defensive reputation and can't stay healthy. I'd rather take whoever's available at #5 especially if it's a wing or perimeter guy.
mr570
Senior
And1: 294

Post#1414 » by mr570 » Fri May 14, 2021 4:53 pm

ThunderBorn wrote:
jake_swivel wrote:

No the Rockets willingly gave their pick to swap with 1-4 protection. It's the Rocket's obligation to swap if they meet requirements, not the Thunder's.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#1415 » by BlazersBroncos » Fri May 14, 2021 5:51 pm

I'd pass personally. Not crazy about JJJ even when he's healthy. Hasn't lived up to his defensive reputation and can't stay healthy. I'd rather take whoever's available at #5 especially if it's a wing or perimeter guy.

It would be risky. I personally am not high on Kuminga so it would be more tempting for me.
cjmcallist
Sixth Man
And1: 738

Post#1416 » by cjmcallist » Mon May 17, 2021 3:24 am

mr570 wrote:
ThunderBorn wrote:
jake_swivel wrote:

No the Rockets willingly gave their pick to swap with 1-4 protection. It's the Rocket's obligation to swap if they meet requirements, not the Thunder's.

Sorry but I’m not sure I understand what you’re saying exactly. Not cause your wrong, just cause I don’t get it.

Maybe the most practical way to think about it is: if the HOU pick falls outside of the top 4, then OKC will be getting the HOU pick instead of the MIA pick.

If the HOU pick falls within the top 4, then OKC will be getting the MIA pick instead of the HOU pick.
cjmcallist
Sixth Man
And1: 738

Post#1417 » by cjmcallist » Mon May 24, 2021 2:41 pm

This next month until the lottery is killing me. I limit myself to one Tankathon SIM per day. Thought it might be fun to talk the once per day SIM results.

Today we ended up with the #4 pick (OKC) and the #18 pick (MIA). Order was:

1 - HOU
2 - DET
3 - MIN
4 - OKC
5 - ORL
6 - CLE
7 - TOR
8 - NO
9 - SAC
10 - ORL (CHI)

In this scenario, I think we keep 4 and draft whoever comes to us. We'd end up with one of Green/Mobley/Suggs. I think MIN will try to trade their pick, but I can't imagine we'd be able to pull it in without giving up SGA or #4 and moving up would likely be too expensive for just 1 slot.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,133

Post#1418 » by Dadouv47 » Mon May 24, 2021 5:27 pm

cjmcallist wrote:This next month until the lottery is killing me. I limit myself to one Tankathon SIM per day. Thought it might be fun to talk the once per day SIM results.

Today we ended up with the #4 pick (OKC) and the #18 pick (MIA
). Order was:

1 - HOU
2 - DET
3 - MIN
4 - OKC
5 - ORL
6 - CLE
7 - TOR
8 - NO
9 - SAC
10 - ORL (CHI)

In this scenario, I think we keep 4 and draft whoever comes to us. We'd end up with one of Green/Mobley/Suggs. I think MIN will try to trade their pick, but I can't imagine we'd be able to pull it in without giving up SGA or #4 and moving up would likely be too expensive for just 1 slot.

One top 5 pick is all I ask for :)

If a team like Cleveland, Minny or Houston gets the 2nd pick and doesn't want to draft Mobley, I could see us moving up from 4 to 2 for a fair price. If we don't get a top 5 pick it's kind of over.

Hope we can find a trade partner to move up some slots from the Miami pick. Gs might be a good trade partner to move up 4 spots if they don't get lucky in the draft (maybe hornets?)

If we miss on Mobley, I feel one of Sengun or Garuba gonna be a thunder next season :lol:
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,548

Post#1419 » by Devilanche » Mon May 24, 2021 11:45 pm

Obviously ,I hope we get 2 top 5 picks obviously but if it’s just one top 5 picks I rather pick up someone else other than Mobley cause I want garuba or sengun with the Miami pick.

Basically : 2 top 5 . Best case scenario
1 top 5 . One of the 3 (Cade, Green,Suggs) and Garuba/Sengun
0 top 5. Giddey and Garuba/Sengun.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,133

Post#1420 » by Dadouv47 » Mon May 24, 2021 11:59 pm

Devilanche wrote:Obviously ,I hope we get 2 top 5 picks obviously but if it’s just one top 5 picks I rather pick up someone else other than Mobley cause I want garuba or sengun with the Miami pick.

Basically : 2 top 5 . Best case scenario
1 top 5 . One of the 3 (Cade, Green,Suggs) and Garuba/Sengun
0 top 5. Giddey and Garuba/Sengun.

haven't watched garuba enough but I REALLY like Sengun. Also think he's the kind of player Presti could be looking for. Probably gonna need to find a trade partner to move up some spots to be sure to draft one of them.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder