ImageImageImageImageImage

This summer is going to be the most important of Myers' career.

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Re: This summer is going to be the most important of Myers' career. 

Post#81 » by Scoots1994 » Tue May 18, 2021 1:58 pm

I hope Myers finds a way to turn Oubre into a vet big.

In the draft there are so many players who could contribute next year, just need to see where the picks fall. (Hopefully 1 is at #4 and Green or Suggs makes this team much scarier).

I do want to see Jessup in camp, but certainly no guarantee he makes the roster.

Baze is a good vet but his game is inconsistent and his defense when he's off is terrible.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,233

Post#82 » by Impuniti » Tue May 18, 2021 2:06 pm

Baze on a good deal should definitely stay. He's inconsistent but the good outweigh the bad. The question with him is can Warriors give him something for him to stay instead of getting a bigger bag elsewhere.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#83 » by Scoots1994 » Tue May 18, 2021 3:33 pm

Impuniti wrote:Baze on a good deal should definitely stay. He's inconsistent but the good outweigh the bad. The question with him is can Warriors give him something for him to stay instead of getting a bigger bag elsewhere.

Vet min or nothing.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,242

Post#84 » by xdrta+ » Tue May 18, 2021 4:08 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
Impuniti wrote:Baze on a good deal should definitely stay. He's inconsistent but the good outweigh the bad. The question with him is can Warriors give him something for him to stay instead of getting a bigger bag elsewhere.

Vet min or nothing.

I can't see him coming back, in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he has trouble catching on anywhere. Hustle and an occasional three aren't enough to cover the flaws.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#85 » by and1GS » Tue May 18, 2021 4:32 pm

Agree, he's a vet min guy. Which is a shame because if he just ironed out some rough edges he could be closer to 5-8m.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#86 » by Scoots1994 » Tue May 18, 2021 4:47 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:

Vet min or nothing.

I can't see him coming back, in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he has trouble catching on anywhere. Hustle and an occasional three aren't enough to cover the flaws.

I think it depends on how else the roster fills out in the draft and FA if he's back or not, I was just saying I would not pay more than the minimum IF he comes back.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#87 » by wco81 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 7:04 pm

SO it's just 3 quarters in the first game of the Hawks-76ers series but it looks like Hawks could make the ECF, in their first playoff run.

Maybe the Warriors should have kept Schlenk instead of Myers.

To be fair, I think the Hawks already had a lot of draft assets when Schlenk got there? He turned down a chance to pick Luka for Trey and another first round pick.

Made some good free agent signings in the offseason and made some trades.

Once they start extending those young players, starting with Max for Trey, they probably are going to go right up against that cap.

They also have to decide which players to extend. Kind of embarrassment of riches though they hit on Huerter at #19 in 2018 and Collins at #19 in 2017, though I'm not sure Schlenk was there when they drafted Collins.

Reddish is the one who hasn't panned out.

Return to Golden State Warriors