ImageImageImageImage

RJ Hampton Earns Eastern Conference Rookie of the Month

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

jonbob17
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Re: RJ Hampton Earns Eastern Conference Rookie of the Month 

Post#21 » by jonbob17 » Tue May 18, 2021 5:01 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
Ducklett wrote:Honestly, Denver seems to have a pretty darn good track record with draft picks, so I wouldn't be shocked if RJ turned out to be a good player.

Just look at this gem finding:

20# Evan Fournier
27# Gobert
41# Jokic
19# Beasley
51# Monte Morris
13# Donovan Mitchell
14# Porter

It is a fantastic list, but Gobert is no more a Nugget than Sabonis is a Magic. Still have to say the best drafting in the league. Toronto has been great lately (and udfa) as well, which is interesting with Ujiri in both places, and also kind of weird with the Magic connection, Ujiri Magic scout, and then Ujiri Weltman connection in Denver.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#22 » by MagicFan101 » Tue May 18, 2021 5:53 pm

Option A:
Jalen Suggs + RJ Hampton
(Cole off the bench & trade Fultz)

Option B:
Markelle Fultz + Jalen Green
(Cole + RJ off the bench)

Which backcourt of the future are you rolling with?
jonbob17
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#23 » by jonbob17 » Tue May 18, 2021 5:57 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:Option A:
Jalen Suggs + RJ Hampton

Option B:

I am pulling for option B, but I don't feel good about it at all. Think Suggs floor is much higher than Fultz's, but I have no idea which of those two has a higher ceiling. Fultz remains an enigma, but I can't help wanting him to hit some degree of his previous upside.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,229

Post#24 » by Blue_and_Whte » Tue May 18, 2021 6:09 pm

Jalen Suggs + RJ Hampton

Option B:

I think there mighT be some more positional versatility with option B and Green maybe playing some 3(?)
Fultz/Cole
Harris/RJ
Green
I don’t know I think there’s going to be some more moves made in the off-season so some guys could be gone.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
MagicFan101
RealGM

Post#25 » by MagicFan101 » Tue May 18, 2021 6:18 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
Jalen Suggs + RJ Hampton

Option B:

I think there mighT be some more positional versatility with option B and Green maybe playing some 3(?)
Fultz/Cole
Harris/RJ
Green
I don’t know I think there’s going to be some more moves made in the off-season so some guys could be gone.

If Fultz can ever be healthy and Green reaches his potential then B is the easy answer.

That is a lot of “if’s” ... So Option A + a SG with the Chicago pick seems safer.

Still, I’m ready to shoot for the moon and tank hard trying if it doesn’t work out. I’m tired of playing for the 7th or 8th seed.
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,773

Post#26 » by TunaFish » Tue May 18, 2021 7:25 pm

He can play, you could see that from day one. Scoring around the basket with speed, excellent defensive instincts and passable outside shooting. If he improves the later, the Magic will have bona fide starter at 2 guard with upside. Denver thought the same thing and the fans hated to see him go but he was the key to the trade for Orlando (smart). '

The two picks from Denver will likely be at the end of round one but having Hampton will likely turn out as a fair trade on its own.
Canned in Denver.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,772

Post#27 » by RookieStar » Tue May 18, 2021 8:24 pm

TunaFish wrote:He can play, you could see that from day one. Scoring around the basic with speed, excellent defensive instincts and passable outside shooting. If he improves the later, the Magic will have bona fide starter at 2 guard with upside. Denver thought the same thing and the fans hated to see him go but he was the key to the trade for Orlando (smart). '

The two picks from Denver will likely be at the end of round one but having Hampton will likely turn out as a fair trade on its own.

I think we only have one(1) pick. Also, seeing as its in the 2025(???) range and we see how easily and quickly a team can implode, you never know what might happen in that season and it might end up a lotto pick
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,773

Post#28 » by TunaFish » Tue May 18, 2021 8:32 pm

RookieStar wrote:
TunaFish wrote:He can play, you could see that from day one. Scoring around the basic with speed, excellent defensive instincts and passable outside shooting. If he improves the later, the Magic will have bona fide starter at 2 guard with upside. Denver thought the same thing and the fans hated to see him go but he was the key to the trade for Orlando (smart). '

I think we only have one(1) pick. Also, seeing as its in the 2025(???) range and we see how easily and quickly a team can implode, you never know what might happen in that season and it might end up a lotto pick

There is a future Denver pick owed to OKC that I mistakenly thought was sent to Orlando. Interestingly, that trade is how Denver got Hampton to begin with. Yes, the future is never certain as to where picks will land but with Jokic and MPJ the probabilities of it being a low pick are high. I bet Hampton will be a key asset in the Orlando/Denver trade, although Harris will have some value.
Canned in Denver.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#29 » by RookieStar » Tue May 18, 2021 9:12 pm

TunaFish wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

There is a future Denver pick owed to OKC that I mistakenly thought was sent to Orlando. Interestingly, that trade is how Denver got Hampton to begin with. Yes, the future is never certain as to where picks will land but with Jokic and MPJ the probabilities of it being a low pick are high. I bet Hampton will be a key asset in the Orlando/Denver trade, although Harris will have some value.

All true. However, never underestimate factors like injuries,covid,team chemistry and etc. Exhibit A is us. Supposedly most optimistic views for us was a 6th seed with all our vets and continuity, instead we are #3 tank winner (lol). Exhibit B is celtics/pacers. They were supposedly a middle to upper PO team, now look at them.. play-in teams.

Just saying that be hopeful. That DEN pick could easily be an imploding DEN team wherein MPJ is fighting Jokic for star status, Murray is injured again and AG is contemplating retirement so he could star in more Hollywood movies AS to DEN loading up for a back-to-back NBA championship season.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,362

Post#30 » by Bensational » Tue May 18, 2021 9:32 pm

Jalen Suggs + RJ Hampton

Option B:

Suggs + Hampton, easy.

I’d still want another scorer with them. Not sold on the two of them carrying the scoring load, but confident they’d run a much more efficient and successful team than Fultz + Green could. Just a IMO.
MagicFan101
RealGM

Post#31 » by MagicFan101 » Tue May 18, 2021 10:33 pm

Bensational wrote:
Jalen Suggs + RJ Hampton

Option B:

Suggs + Hampton, easy.

I’d still want another scorer with them. Not sold on the two of them carrying the scoring load, but confident they’d run a much more efficient and successful team than Fultz + Green could. Just a IMO.

The Bulls and Knicks have cap space next year and are expected to aggressively pursue Lonzo Ball in hopes of landing a play making PG. New Orleans is known to want to keep Lonzo.

There will be a trade market for Fultz if he plays well again and stays healthy up to the deadline. — I’m not saying we would get anything of value back, but we can get off his contract.

Unlike years past where I had a firm big board order with a couple top prospects black listed ... I am 100% on board with Cade, Suggs, Green or Mobley and I’m perfectly fine settling for Kuminga as well if we must. Just give us a top 5 picks damnit!
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,088

Post#32 » by yoyojw17 » Tue May 18, 2021 11:07 pm

Jalen Suggs + RJ Hampton

Option B:

Markelle definitnely did come out of the gates a little slowly last season.... and it was ended prematurely. but i don't think we've seen the best of him yet ... though some people seem to have soured on him. I think there is a reason that they entrusted him with a new contract... because they think that there is more to him than what he has been able to show.

We Will See.

and on that note... I like option B.... with RJ Hampton surprisingly pushing green for the starters position. ;-)
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,588

Post#33 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed May 19, 2021 1:16 am

And, he accomplished this shooting high percentages without hair in his eyes!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,881

Post#34 » by drsd » Wed May 19, 2021 8:00 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:And, he accomplished this shooting high percentages without hair in his eyes!

And-1

I like what Hampton and Okeke are doing with their hair ! Keep it Simple !!!!!

But even what Fultz, Anthony and Carter-Williams are doing with their hair is fine. (( a player can be fashion-creative and not be blinded )).

Now we need to get Isaac to do something with his !
He needs to return to this:

Kent
Veteran
And1: 1,171

Post#35 » by Kent » Wed May 19, 2021 4:53 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
Ducklett wrote:Honestly, Denver seems to have a pretty darn good track record with draft picks, so I wouldn't be shocked if RJ turned out to be a good player.

20# Evan Fournier
27# Gobert
41# Jokic
19# Beasley
51# Monte Morris
13# Donovan Mitchell
14# Porter

I know it goes further back and different decision-makers, but don't forget Jameer.

Isn't it funny we traded with Denver to get Jameer, Evan and now RJ?
Ryan Anderson = Pat Garrity 10.0
-LBPTarHeel27
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#36 » by RookieStar » Wed May 19, 2021 8:40 pm

Kent wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

20# Evan Fournier
27# Gobert
41# Jokic
19# Beasley
51# Monte Morris
13# Donovan Mitchell
14# Porter

I know it goes further back and different decision-makers, but don't forget Jameer.

Isn't it funny we traded with Denver to get Jameer, Evan and now RJ?

They are good trading partners. lol
magicman112
Head Coach
And1: 1,888

Post#37 » by magicman112 » Thu May 20, 2021 4:13 am

pepe1991 wrote:

20# Evan Fournier
27# Gobert
41# Jokic
19# Beasley
51# Monte Morris
13# Donovan Mitchell
14# Porter

And those are late picks a lot of those.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,815

Post#38 » by MagicMatic » Thu May 20, 2021 4:23 am

Jalen Suggs + RJ Hampton

Option B:

A
dsg2021
Analyst
And1: 1,028

Post#39 » by dsg2021 » Thu May 20, 2021 5:37 am

MagicMatic wrote:
Jalen Suggs + RJ Hampton

Option B:

A

B
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#40 » by RookieStar » Thu May 20, 2021 6:08 am

Just a question about him though... how did RJ drop so low? Or even how come he wasnt a lotto pick? If you were looking at guards only, were kira, vassell, killian, terry, okoro who were picked ahead of him that better in their careers before the league?

Return to Orlando Magic