Pacers Forever
Starter
And1: 716

Re: Woj: Bjorkgren on the hot seat 

Post#81 » by Pacers Forever » Tue May 18, 2021 10:26 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Typical non commitment answer from a player. Some call it towing the company line. I call it bull$hit. I would prefer a player say no comment than dance around the question at hand.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,070

Post#82 » by Wizop » Tue May 18, 2021 11:45 pm

JMichael says he hears players think he's faking caring. Also he hears coach is a great interview because he's good at realizing what you want to hear him say.

Sent from my phone.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
OnFire
Junior
And1: 27

Post#83 » by OnFire » Tue May 18, 2021 11:55 pm

Was rootin' for a D'Antoni hire but pretty sure our FO knew so much more in their process. That said, unless we go deep in the playoffs, this team's last game will be New Nate's last as well.

And with rumors of Brad Stevens future up in BOS, a new coaching search should get pretty exciting. 8-)
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#84 » by Pacers Forever » Wed May 19, 2021 12:05 am

Wizop wrote:JMichael says he hears players think he's faking caring. Also he hears coach is a great interview because he's good at realizing what you want to hear him say.

Sent from my phone.

You know I was talking about Brogdon and recently saw J Holiday blowing smoke up our a$$. I know coaches are also good at the same kind of BS.
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#85 » by Pacers Forever » Wed May 19, 2021 12:07 am

OnFire wrote:Was rootin' for a D'Antoni hire but pretty sure our FO knew so much more in their process. That said, unless we go deep in the playoffs, this team's last game will be New Nate's last as well.

And with rumors of Brad Stevens future up in BOS, a new coaching search should get pretty exciting. 8-)

Boston would be stupid to let Stevens walk unless he says I don’t want to coach here keep your money. Pacers would be foolish to not hire him instantly.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#86 » by Topofthekey » Wed May 19, 2021 12:12 am

PJ Washington looks really unimpressive. Miles Bridges looks like the better player by a lot
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,063

Post#87 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed May 19, 2021 12:13 am

Pacers Forever wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Typical non commitment answer from a player. Some call it towing the company line. I call it bull$hit. I would prefer a player say no comment than dance around the question at hand.

Maybe, but a “no-comment”, especially right before a game, would’ve been massive news, and a huge story in itself, as its clear the answer is negative. Dancing around it there with something professional just allows the clock to run on the season without being a focal point.

Brogdon is definitely political, though. But, is Nate such a good coach that he’s worth keeping? The man keep playing junk defenses and throwing games all season until the Woj/Fischer reports came out and he finally allowed players to go under screens and play man to man.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#88 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed May 19, 2021 12:14 am

Topofthekey wrote:PJ Washington looks really unimpressive. Miles Bridges looks like the better player by a lot

PJ’s been better at the 4, but the team needs him as a gizmo 5 kind of player. Bridges has definitely been rounding into form the 2nd half of this season, though.
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#89 » by Pacers Forever » Wed May 19, 2021 12:36 am

I’m definitely not defending Nate. I’m just saying I respect a player or coach who in an interview tells the truth answering questions or says I can’t answer that. As much as I don’t like Bill Belicheck or Popovich I respect their bluntness. I don’t like if they make the reporter look like an a$$ though.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#90 » by Wizop » Wed May 19, 2021 1:01 am

We won the coaching battle tonight.

Sent from my phone.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#91 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed May 19, 2021 1:20 am

Pacers Forever wrote:I’m definitely not defending Nate. I’m just saying I respect a player or coach who in an interview tells the truth answering questions or says I can’t answer that. As much as I don’t like Bill Belicheck or Popovich I respect their bluntness. I don’t like if they make the reporter look like an a$$ though.

I don’t think a player could reasonably answer questions bluntly, or they’re labeled “cancers”. What Brogdon did was simply being a professional. If he said “this guy is terrible, fire him”, it’d be major non-stop news. Who was the last player that ever came out and said this stuff openly and wasn’t in the midst of a trade demand?
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#92 » by Pacers Forever » Wed May 19, 2021 8:48 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Pacers Forever wrote:I’m definitely not defending Nate. I’m just saying I respect a player or coach who in an interview tells the truth answering questions or says I can’t answer that. As much as I don’t like Bill Belicheck or Popovich I respect their bluntness. I don’t like if they make the reporter look like an a$$ though.

I don’t think a player could reasonably answer questions bluntly, or they’re labeled “cancers”. What Brogdon did was simply being a professional. If he said “this guy is terrible, fire him”, it’d be major non-stop news. Who was the last player that ever came out and said this stuff openly and wasn’t in the midst of a trade demand?

I’m saying Brogdon or McConnell can say next question or I don’t know, or I can’t comment rather than just saying a lot of round about feel good rah rah garbage. I would really like them to say if you want to know about coach ask his boss Pritchard.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#93 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed May 19, 2021 9:19 pm

Pacers Forever wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

I’m saying Brogdon or McConnell can say next question or I don’t know, or I can’t comment rather than just saying a lot of round about feel good rah rah garbage. I would really like them to say if you want to know about coach ask his boss Pritchard.

Those are all massive news breaking, front page of ESPN, type answers in and of themselves, though. His feel good garbage kept it out of the news, except for some diehard Pacers fans here, on Reddit, and on Twitter.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#94 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat May 22, 2021 3:20 pm

From his exit interview with the media today:

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Wizop
RealGM

Post#95 » by Wizop » Sat May 22, 2021 4:08 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Sent from my phone.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#96 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat May 22, 2021 4:10 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#97 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon May 24, 2021 5:59 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Granted, the press conference had a lot more detail and nuance, but this is basically correct.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#98 » by Wizop » Mon May 24, 2021 6:09 pm

I'd say it's Nate's job to lose. If Kev had determined to fire him, it could have happened already. Nate needs to improve his social skills. Step one is admitting he needs to do that. Kev and he will have more meetings and Kev will have to judge whether Nate really is working on that or just saying what people want to hear him say.

Kev also said that he thought there were some player tensions (maybe not the perfect word) that appeared on the court but not off the court. the presser didn't give me an opinion of what this was although losing never helps.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#99 » by pacers33granger » Tue May 25, 2021 12:12 am

Wizop wrote:Kev also said that he thought there were some player tensions (maybe not the perfect word) that appeared on the court but not off the court. the presser didn't give me an opinion of what this was although losing never helps.

I did not get a chance to watch the majority of the presser. But I'd guess this was players being forced into roles that they weren't comfortable with or didn't expect. You can basically take out our starters and everyone else was asked to play above their pay grade essentially and for some trying to find their footing in the league or get new deals, that can be super frustrating.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#100 » by Topofthekey » Tue May 25, 2021 12:12 am

Maybe if Celtics get swept and they fire Brad Stevens

Would he be a better coach for the Pacers than Bjorkgren?

Return to Indiana Pacers