ImageImageImageImageImage

Starting center next year? Options are limited...

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Yallbecrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,703

Re: Starting center next year? Options are limited... 

Post#361 » by Yallbecrazy » Thu May 20, 2021 2:52 am

Maybe we should trade our pick if we win the lottery for that Memphis center, he was a beast tonight
maternal85
Starter
And1: 1,734

Post#362 » by maternal85 » Thu May 20, 2021 4:56 am

Par36 wrote:Allen for 100+ million Cavs?

Sweet Jesus.

I've been saying we'd need to offer him the max in order to steal him away. People thought I was crazy. He's an athletic 7 footer who'll give you 15 and 10 per game.
Raps1103
Veteran
And1: 3,235

Post#363 » by Raps1103 » Thu May 20, 2021 6:04 am

Par36 wrote:Allen for 100+ million Cavs?

Sweet Jesus.

It’s 2am... and I’m laughing hysterically at “ Sweet Jesus “ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree, and I said the same thing when I saw that article ...

Damn .. that “sweet Jesus” got me! :lol: :lol:
Steelo Green
RealGM
And1: 24,806

Post#364 » by Steelo Green » Thu May 20, 2021 9:58 am

If we don’t hit on the lottery, we’re looking at a severe talent problem.

We will be fighting for the POs.

A centre won’t help more than making us a 500 team.
mihaic
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,068

Post#365 » by mihaic » Thu May 20, 2021 4:10 pm

Steelo Green wrote:If we don’t hit on the lottery, we’re looking at a severe talent problem.

It depends on the centre but yeah. We need a superstar added stat, no matter the position
Par36
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,023

Post#366 » by Par36 » Fri May 21, 2021 7:07 am

Steelo Green wrote:If we don’t hit on the lottery, we’re looking at a severe talent problem.

Lol...man do ever get tired of these awful hot takes?
Steelo Green
RealGM

Post#367 » by Steelo Green » Fri May 21, 2021 8:01 am

Par36 wrote:

Weren’t you the guy who said it’s confirmed Kyle stays based on his interview?

Unless we are adding Embiid, AD, Gobert or basically a star/superstar, yes, adding a centre will make no difference.

I thought everyone knew that I meant given the options available not us adding a superstar centre in a vacuum.

This team will be a 500 team next year unless we win the lottery.
Par36
Assistant Coach

Post#368 » by Par36 » Fri May 21, 2021 10:36 am

Steelo Green wrote:
Par36 wrote:

Unless we are adding Embiid, AD, Gobert or basically a star/superstar, yes, adding a centre will make no difference.

I thought everyone knew that I meant given the options available not us adding a superstar centre in a vacuum.

Am I wrong yet b.. ? :lol: outside chance but him not playing the last game is an indication (small one) that he would resign.

But you keep posting terrible..god awful take time after time. Negative every time.You're a basically a troll or at best toxic fan that should consider following another team.*Shrug*

The team was basically better then 500 this year if any of either 1)they didn't tank for the last 10 + games of the season, 2) they didn't get off to a remarkably awful start, or3) covid didn't smack the team down for 1/4th the season.

With the disadvantage of Tampa likely in the past. With the awful Baynes experiment finished. With another year of development of mutiple.young players.. with a top 10 pick, deeper bench, the center situation at least partially addressed..the team is a hell lot better then a 0.500 team next year.

Anyone looking at this team, acting like they need the number 1 pick, or a superstar Center to become a .500 team or a team fighting to just make it playoffs..well they're just not looking at this team or this season they had.

It won't be a championship contending team but the team will be solidly in the post season.

Until you're next awful(and let's be honest here negative) hot take... :lol:
Steelo Green
RealGM

Post#369 » by Steelo Green » Fri May 21, 2021 10:46 am

Par36 wrote:
Steelo Green wrote:
Par36 wrote:

Am I wrong yet b.. ? :lol: outside chance but him not playing the last game is an indication (small one) that he would resign.

But you keep posting terrible terrible..god awful take time after time. Negative every time.You're a basically a troll or a toxic fan that should consider following another team.*Shrug*

The team was basically better then 500 this year if any of either 1)they didn't tank for the last 10 + games of the season, or 2) they didn't get off to a remarkably awful start.

With the disadvantage of Tampa likely in the past. With the awful Baynes experiment finished. With another year of development of mutiple.young players.. with a top 10 pick, deeper bench, the center situation at least partially addressed..the team is a hell lot better then a 0.500 team next year.

So instead of toxic/awful(and I mean...they are awful) takes on the time.. go elsewhere.?

Anyone looking at this team, acting like they need the number 1 pick, or a superstar Center to become a .500 team or a team fighting to just make it playoffs..well they're just not looking at this team or this season they had.

It won't be a championship contending team but the team will be solidly in the post season.

Oh so you didn’t read. Makes sense.

This team will be a 500 team next year unless we win the lottery

Is what I said. And then you said:

I see you’re making up takes now.

They could have not tanked and still been a below 0.500 team. They were that before tanking. They finished 18 games below, not 5.

Brooklyn, Philly, Milwaukee, Atlanta, Boston, Miami are better than us. Honestly NY is too.

We will be fighting for a PO spot. Everyone’s infallible leader Masai himself said this team would do nothing in the playoffs.

So again, let’s see your response to making up narratives.

With regard to Kyle, baseless conjecture.
Par36
Assistant Coach

Post#370 » by Par36 » Fri May 21, 2021 10:51 am

Steelo Green wrote:
Par36 wrote:
Steelo Green wrote:Weren’t you the guy who said it’s confirmed Kyle stays based on his interview?

But you keep posting terrible terrible..god awful take time after time. Negative every time.You're a basically a troll or a toxic fan that should consider following another team.*Shrug*

The team was basically better then 500 this year if any of either 1)they didn't tank for the last 10 + games of the season, or 2) they didn't get off to a remarkably awful start.

So instead of toxic/awful(and I mean...they are awful) takes on the time.. go elsewhere.?

They could have not tanked and still been a below 0.500 team. They were that before tanking. They finished 18 games below, not 5.

Brooklyn, Philly, Milwaukee, Atlanta, Boston, Miami are better than us. Honestly NY is too.

We will be fighting for a PO spot. Everyone’s infallible leader Masai himself said this team would do nothing in the playoffs.

Until your next awful hot take.. :lol:
Steelo Green
RealGM

Post#371 » by Steelo Green » Fri May 21, 2021 10:52 am

Par36 wrote:
Steelo Green wrote:
Par36 wrote:

Until your next awful hot take.. :lol:

It’s funny when people are proven wrong and double down as though they’re right.

Putting laughing emojis does nothing to dispel the fact you swung and missed so poorly.
Steelo Green
RealGM

Post#372 » by Steelo Green » Fri May 21, 2021 10:57 am

Steelo Green wrote:This team will be a 500 team next year unless we win the lottery.

Par36 wrote:Anyone looking at this team, acting like they need the number 1 pick, or a superstar Center to become a .500 team or a team fighting to just make it playoffs..well they're just not looking at this team or this season they had.

Swing and a miss.
planetmars
Sixth Man
And1: 1,437

Post#373 » by planetmars » Fri May 21, 2021 11:26 am

A #1 pick makes an insignificant contribution to a team in their first year typically. Unless that pick turns into Lebron I guess.

So being above .500 with a #1 pick (is winning the lottery the #1 pick or a top 4 pick?) probably has the same odds as being above .500 without that pick IMO. But if we're talking year 3 or 4, then that's a different story.
Steelo Green
RealGM

Post#374 » by Steelo Green » Fri May 21, 2021 11:31 am

planetmars wrote:A #1 pick makes an insignificant contribution to a team in their first year typically. Unless that pick turns into Lebron I guess.

So being above .500 with a #1 pick (is winning the lottery the #1 pick or a top 4 pick?) probably has the same odds as being above .500 without that pick IMO. But if we're talking year 3 or 4, then that's a different story.

It depends. We’re a a 500ish team as it is. So it can add enough to make us middle of the pack like Lamelo.

Luka same thing.
planetmars
Sixth Man

Post#375 » by planetmars » Fri May 21, 2021 11:38 am

Steelo Green wrote:
planetmars wrote:A #1 pick makes an insignificant contribution to a team in their first year typically. Unless that pick turns into Lebron I guess.

It depends. We’re a a 500ish team as it is. So it can add enough to make us middle of the pack like Lamelo.

Luka same thing.

Nah.. they won't get the usage LaMelo or Luka got in year 1.. not with Siakam/Fred (and possibly Lowry) on the team. So they'd be at best a 6th man off the bench, or more time in the G-league (if that starts up).

Maybe a tangible improvement, but probably negligible.
Steelo Green
RealGM

Post#376 » by Steelo Green » Fri May 21, 2021 11:39 am

planetmars wrote:
Steelo Green wrote:

Luka same thing.

Nah.. they won't get the usage LaMelo or Luka got in year 1.. not with Siakam/Fred (and possibly Lowry) on the team. So they'd be at best a 6th man off the bench, or more time in the G-league (if that starts up).

If we land a guy like Cade, there’s no chance he isn’t a day one starter.

But again that’s only the big ticket rookies. The rest I agree.
planetmars
Sixth Man

Post#377 » by planetmars » Fri May 21, 2021 11:43 am

Steelo Green wrote:
planetmars wrote:
Steelo Green wrote:It depends. We’re a a 500ish team as it is. So it can add enough to make us middle of the pack like Lamelo.

Luka same thing.

There is no guarantee that he starts. LaMelo came off the bench for the Hornet early on. I mean who's coming off the bench if Lowry comes back? OG? Fred? Kyle?

I don't even know if Mobley would start right away if we took him.
Steelo Green
RealGM

Post#378 » by Steelo Green » Fri May 21, 2021 11:45 am

planetmars wrote:
Steelo Green wrote:
planetmars wrote:

There is no guarantee that he starts. LaMelo came off the bench for the Hornet early on. I mean who's coming off the bench if Lowry comes back? OG? Fred? Kyle?

Kyle is not coming back.

The realty for Fred is he’s a 6th man anyways.

Ball should have started regardless.

This class is way stronger than the last.
planetmars
Sixth Man

Post#379 » by planetmars » Fri May 21, 2021 11:49 am

Steelo Green wrote:
planetmars wrote:
Steelo Green wrote:If we land a guy like Cade, there’s no chance he isn’t a day one starter.

Kyle is not coming back.

The realty for Fred is he’s a 6th man anyways.

Ball should have started regardless.

This class is way stronger than the last.

But now this is just all speculation and projecting. Kyle could be back. There is no absolute guarantee that he's not. And Fred is starting whether he's better off as a 6th man or not. Nurse loves him, and the team won't trade him this summer. I mean there is a better chance that Trent starts over Cade/Suggs/Green if we lose Lowry.

Again we're talking about next year.

And the class may not be stronger. We don't know that until these guys actual play in the NBA. We can again project but that's all that would be. I personally think this draft is way overrated. But we'll see.
Wannabe MEP
Analyst
And1: 1,786

Post#380 » by Wannabe MEP » Wed May 26, 2021 7:36 pm

Obviously it's early, but minimum 30 minutes, this is the best playoff lineup so far:

Doncic
Hardaway
Finney-Smith
Kleber
Porzingis

Net rating: +34.9 (off rating: 140.0; def rating: 105.1)

Not a particularly stout defensive frontcourt, but five shooters and enough defense to keep Kawhi and PG13 from getting cooking (thus far).

Something like FVV-Trent-OG-Siakam-Muscala is a better defensive frontcourt and similarly loaded with shooting.

Return to Toronto Raptors