ImageImageImage

Playoffs 20/21 - G1 - Mavs @ Clippers (Saturday, 4:30PM EST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Re: Playoffs 20/21 - G1 - Mavs @ Clippers (Saturday, 4:30PM EST) 

Post#141 » by JD45 » Sun May 23, 2021 1:13 am

DJ_3_Ball wrote:Wow! Mavs were 17-36 from downtown 47.2%!

Clips only 11-40 from deep 27.5%

Doubt we can expect this to be the case for game 2. I think Luka will continue to serve the Clippers defense up tho.

Thats the ballgame right there. It won't stay that way the entire series, but no taking away the win they got today.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
wolfram
Junior
And1: 314

Post#142 » by wolfram » Sun May 23, 2021 1:23 am

leolozon wrote:
wolfram wrote:Jesus, some of you are unbearable. Obsessed with Luka's perfection. Get a grip. He is NOT PERFECT. But he was still the best player in this game. Look at Kawhi, PG, KP.. How was their overall shooting? They WON A **** GAME. Can we talk about something else than Luka in the 4th with constant double teams? His mere presence allowed Brunson and others to score. J F K

You are overreacting so much. Who said that he has to be perfect?

He had a great game, the Mavs won, plus he finished 0/6, which is worth noting because it's uncharacteristic. Why can't all that be true? What is wrong with mentioning that fact and at the same time acknowledging he was incredible for most of the game and the Mavs won?

You are making this a way bigger thing than it is. It should have been : "Oh yeah, Luka was the best player, we won, he shot badly to finish the game. Let's go to the next game."

I find it very weird.

No. You are nitpicking. He made some really good plays down the stretch, played good defense. Why is this even a discussion? Lets talk about KP, who got benched, instead.
leolozon
General Manager
And1: 7,724

Post#143 » by leolozon » Sun May 23, 2021 1:24 am

JD45 wrote:
DJ_3_Ball wrote:Wow! Mavs were 17-36 from downtown 47.2%!

Clips only 11-40 from deep 27.5%

Doubt we can expect this to be the case for game 2. I think Luka will continue to serve the Clippers defense up tho.

Thats the ballgame right there. It won't stay that way the entire series, but no taking away the win they got today.

There are many moving parts. Yeah, on average, the Clippers should shoot better and the Mavs worst in the next game. But KP should have a better game.

The Mavs often live and die by the 3. I hope they keep shooting well and we are not subjected to a 10/38 game. :) When the 3s aren't falling, you have to be able to find a way to stay in the game.
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,927

Post#144 » by Apz » Sun May 23, 2021 1:27 am

Wish it was like on the soccer forum i just to follos here . They locked the forum during games . Readibg thru these threads after games makes it look like half were dropped on their heads as kids. If ppl need to throw thibgs out there, use twitter. Kinda whats its for and then just remove the bad takes after the game
leolozon
General Manager
And1: 7,724

Post#145 » by leolozon » Sun May 23, 2021 1:37 am

wolfram wrote:
leolozon wrote:
wolfram wrote:Jesus, some of you are unbearable. Obsessed with Luka's perfection. Get a grip. He is NOT PERFECT. But he was still the best player in this game. Look at Kawhi, PG, KP.. How was their overall shooting? They WON A **** GAME. Can we talk about something else than Luka in the 4th with constant double teams? His mere presence allowed Brunson and others to score. J F K

You are overreacting so much. Who said that he has to be perfect?

He had a great game, the Mavs won, plus he finished 0/6, which is worth noting because it's uncharacteristic. Why can't all that be true? What is wrong with mentioning that fact and at the same time acknowledging he was incredible for most of the game and the Mavs won?

You are making this a way bigger thing than it is. It should have been : "Oh yeah, Luka was the best player, we won, he shot badly to finish the game. Let's go to the next game."

I find it very weird.

No. You are nitpicking. He made some really good plays down the stretch, played good defense. Why is this even a discussion? Lets talk about KP, who got benched, instead.

Oh and I'm not saying he had a bad quarter overall, just a bad shooting one.

I don't spend a lot of time talking about KP, because I was against signing him to the max and I never really liked him even when he was on the Knicks. I never thought it was a risk worth taking. We're stuck with him, but I don't see him as someone that should be on the team long term, even though I wish he proves me wrong. Him playing weak is also not uncharacteristic.

Luka finishing 0/6 is uncharacteristic, which is why I thought it deserved mentioning. Was it because he was tired? Or it's nothing more than a cold streak? The team won't shoot 47% from 3 every game. If it's because he was tired, then I think it's WAY MORE important to the team than KP being bad, because Luka is the engine and we probably will need him to "steal a game" to get pass the Clippers. I hope I'm wrong and the Mavs keep shooting lights out from 3, but it's unlikely.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,461

Post#146 » by Bob8 » Sun May 23, 2021 3:34 am

leolozon wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
leolozon wrote:
For sure, he looked like the best player in the league for 3 quarters. It's just a shame it had to end that way shooting wise. I don't think it's a good idea to keep playing him 41 minutes.

Just incredible how you don’t understand basketball. Mavericks were playing 4:3 more or less entire 4 Q. Great game by Luka and RC. Just perfect start. I hope Luka and Clippers play another 3 exactly the same 4th Q.

Mavs have won by 10 and some jokers here believe Luka should have play less? :banghead: :lol:

I think it's incredible how you feel the need to put down others. I didn't say anything that was wrong and yet you insult me? Grow up.

If you can't even accept the fact that 0/5 or 0/6 is bad shooting, then maybe you understand less about basketball than you think.

Before insulting people, maybe you should be able to read properly what the other person is saying. Did I say that they weren't doubling him? No matter if they doubled him, he still shot poorly on shots that he can make and has hit plenty of times. If you watched the 4th, then you should know that.

You are being incredibly unpleasant for no reason. If you can't live with the fact that finishing a game 0/6 (with 2 air balls) is bad shooting, I don't know what to tell you.

And yes, I highly doubt that 41mpg is sustainable for the whole playoffs. You think it is? Based on what? I didn't even argue he should have played less, I said that "I don't think it's a good idea to keep playing him 41mpg." READ CORRECTLY before you laugh at other people.

Brunson&Co. making those important baskets was directly correlated with Clippers D on Luka. Being + 19 is huge for a game like that. Who cares how many shots did he missed, if other Mavs were left open because D on him.

You implied that Luka missing those shots was correlated with him playing too much. Clippers decided to played double teams and traps on Luka and Mavs punished them for that. It was a gamble that didn't work.

Of course he can play 40+ minutes series.
JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Post#147 » by JD45 » Sun May 23, 2021 3:37 am

The Mavs won because of 3pt shooting differential. And they have lost some games this year because of it as well. The 3 pt shot builds in more randomness to the game.

I still don't think they have enough talent to win this series without some luck. And they just had some. Hopefully they get some more and its enough.

But just because they had some good luck doesn't take away from some of the other good things the Mavs showed. They were mentally tough this game. There were several chances for them to just fold up. The Clips took the lead a few times and even in the 4th. Yet the Mavs just kept coming and playing hard. Its a great sign for the future. Luka was great, but THJ, Brunson, DFS and Maxi just kept grinding away and they were not intimidated at all. They looked like they expected to win the entire game and were willing to do what it took to make it happen.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,954

Post#148 » by Mr B » Sun May 23, 2021 3:43 am

JD45 wrote:The Mavs won because of 3pt shooting differential. And they have lost some games this year because of it as well. The 3 pt shot builds in more randomness to the game.

I still don't think they have enough talent to win this series without some luck. And they just had some. Hopefully they get some more and its enough.

But just because they had some good luck doesn't take away from some of the other good things the Mavs showed. They were mentally tough this game. There were several chances for them to just fold up. The Clips took the lead a few times and even in the 4th. Yet the Mavs just kept coming and playing hard. Its a great sign for the future. Luka was great, but THJ, Brunson, DFS and Maxi just kept grinding away and they were not intimidated at all. They looked like they expected to win the entire game and were willing to do what it took to make it happen.

DFS said exactly that after the game. The Mavs think they’re the better team and they expect to win against any team they face.

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Post#149 » by fuller4379 » Sun May 23, 2021 5:29 am

Why did we take on KP in the THJ trade?
boogiezen
Senior
And1: 397

Post#150 » by boogiezen » Sun May 23, 2021 6:06 am

Luka with a triple double. I thought he is like Westbrook and doesn't impact the game. Lol.
Maybe it's better not to be the best. Then you can lose and it's OK. - Searching for Bobby Fischer (1993)
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,954

Post#151 » by Mr B » Sun May 23, 2021 6:52 am

fuller4379 wrote:Why did we take on KP in the THJ trade?

He was a throw in.

Darren
RealGM
And1: 823

Post#152 » by Darren » Sun May 23, 2021 6:58 am

So LAC double team Luka to save energy for Luka to play defense and provide a lot of wide-open looks for the streaky shooters turning into steady shooters. Am I missing anything? LAC gives in consecutive wide-open dunks in key moment.

Ridiculous win for the Mavs in a lot of ways. LAC wants to lose way too much. But I kinda like the defense and competitiveness this far. Playoff atmosphere is already there.

I think two consecutive missing free throws from Morris is the turning point to the game. So is two 3-pointers from 30%. The Mavs supporting cast prepared well for game 1.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,034

Post#153 » by Mavrelous » Sun May 23, 2021 8:16 am

KP is getting killed here and on the GB, but I watched him all year, his shot will fall sooner or later, but his effort on defense was great, he's still not the rim protector they signed him for, but he was no liability on defense yesterday, smart move by RC milking the starters yesterday, they have 3 days rest, they can take it.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,843

Post#154 » by dirkules_41 » Sun May 23, 2021 8:33 am

BmanInBigD wrote:LOL at ANYONE bitching about Luka's 4th quarter when our "#2" player, the $27 million man, is a no-show for pretty much the whole game. We're never gonna go past the 2nd round when we have that much tied up in a 7'3' statue that sits out 30' from the basket waiting to jack up a 3. And then show ZERO effort to go after any misses by him or anyone else. GEEZ, what a mistake locking this waste of space up.

That waste of space made some pretty damn clutch plays down the stretch.
XTraderXL
Sixth Man
And1: 1,342

Post#155 » by XTraderXL » Sun May 23, 2021 9:16 am

Its funny how upset some people get for pointing out an objectively bad shooting quarter from Luka (0/6). You guys are like little children who cover under the blanket because they dont want to see the reality.
Speadge
Junior
And1: 294

Post#156 » by Speadge » Sun May 23, 2021 10:40 am

Ah, come on people, you're making too big deal out of this. So what if someone mentioned also Lukas 4th quarter. Was it in malicious way? No? So what's the problem then?
It was just discussion and commenting the game we all enjoyed.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,034

Post#157 » by Mavrelous » Sun May 23, 2021 10:45 am

I'm just in awe of DFS, the man gives it his all, maximum effort, no fear.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,736

Post#158 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun May 23, 2021 11:09 am

HMFFL wrote:Great win! The three Clippers standing over Maxi as he was on the ground laughing at him is priceless because those three loss.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

Maxi is tougher than this 3 ****.

Brunson and KP clutch in the fourth.

Luka is Luka.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,736

Post#159 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun May 23, 2021 11:11 am

https://ibb.co/7p8tfhx

I can't upload the image :banghead:
oldshoolballer
Starter
And1: 2,574

Post#160 » by oldshoolballer » Sun May 23, 2021 11:12 am

Mr B wrote:
fuller4379 wrote:Why did we take on KP in the THJ trade?

He was a throw in.
:lol:

Return to Dallas Mavericks