ImageImageImage

Playoffs 20/21 - G1 - Mavs @ Clippers (Saturday, 4:30PM EST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,549

Re: Playoffs 20/21 - G1 - Mavs @ Clippers (Saturday, 4:30PM EST) 

Post#161 » by Bob8 » Sun May 23, 2021 11:36 am

XTraderXL wrote:Its funny how upset some people get for pointing out an objectively bad shooting quarter from Luka (0/6). You guys are like little children who cover under the blanket because they dont want to see the reality.

What reality? Playoffs is only about winning, nobody cares about bad shooting Q. Luka and Mavs were great yesterday. Discussing how Luka had bad 4th Q after win like that is nitpicking and totally useless, especially after 30 points triple double.

DFS said perfectly, "When Luka gets going, I just try to stay ready, because I know they're about to start trapping," said Finney-Smith, who scored 18 points. "That's when he gets to finding people, slinging the ball across the court, finding guys when we're open. I just know they're going to send two guys at Luka. You've just got to be ready to shoot."
XTraderXL
Sixth Man
And1: 1,342

Post#162 » by XTraderXL » Sun May 23, 2021 11:41 am

Bob8 wrote:
XTraderXL wrote:Its funny how upset some people get for pointing out an objectively bad shooting quarter from Luka (0/6). You guys are like little children who cover under the blanket because they dont want to see the reality.

What reality? Playoffs is only about winning, nobody cares about bad shooting Q. Luka and Mavs were great yesterday. Discussing how Luka had bad 4th Q after win like that is nitpicking and totally useless, especially after 30 points triple double.

DFS said perfectly, "When Luka gets going, I just try to stay ready, because I know they're about to start trapping," said Finney-Smith, who scored 18 points. "That's when he gets to finding people, slinging the ball across the court, finding guys when we're open. I just know they're going to send two guys at Luka. You've just got to be ready to shoot."

Maybe you dont comperhend what you read because you are too emotional. But thats pretty much what I expect from you. Show me where I said he had a bad 4th q? I wrote he played a smart 4th.

Btw, is it not reality that he shot 0/6 in the 4th? You are actually the definition of what I was describing in my earlier post :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bob8
General Manager

Post#163 » by Bob8 » Sun May 23, 2021 12:40 pm

XTraderXL wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

Maybe you dont comperhend what you read because you are too emotional. But thats pretty much what I expect from you. Show me where I said he had a bad 4th q? I wrote he played a smart 4th.

Btw, is it not reality that he shot 0/6 in the 4th? You are actually the definition of what I was describing in my earlier post :lol: :lol: :lol:

My point is really easy, why should we discuss, not only you, about Luka missing some shots, if he had good game, good last Q and Mavs have won? Did those miss shots mattered in the game? No. Did those shots matter about Luka's overall performance? No. Do those shots matter for next games? No. Nobody cares about those shots anymore.

I'm ok with whatever definition you have for me. It's as important for me as those missed shots are for grading Luka's game. ;)
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man
And1: 540

Post#164 » by DJ_3_Ball » Sun May 23, 2021 1:08 pm

BmanInBigD wrote:LOL at ANYONE bitching about Luka's 4th quarter when our "#2" player, the $27 million man, is a no-show for pretty much the whole game. We're never gonna go past the 2nd round when we have that much tied up in a 7'3' statue that sits out 30' from the basket waiting to jack up a 3. And then show ZERO effort to go after any misses by him or anyone else. GEEZ, what a mistake locking this waste of space up.

I think that's a little harsh on KP. He's an injury prone player, which we knew when we traded for him, and he's going to have ups & downs. If we catch him on an upswing during a playoff run, it's going to be pretty special. If not, it'll be frustrating because we all know what he could be.

It's one game. I will say there was a stretch in the 2H where the Clips were guarding KP with Patrick Beverley for 3-4 trips down the court, and I couldn't understand why we didn't get the ball to KP in that spot. The Clips shouldn't be able to guard KP with Pat Bev. That doesn't make any sense. Luka cleared that up for Pat Bev real quick in the 1Q. KP should be doing the same & the Mavs should be getting him the ball in those spots imo.
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man
And1: 540

Post#165 » by DJ_3_Ball » Sun May 23, 2021 1:16 pm

KhalilS wrote:KP is getting killed here and on the GB, but I watched him all year, his shot will fall sooner or later, but his effort on defense was great, he's still not the rim protector they signed him for, but he was no liability on defense yesterday, smart move by RC milking the starters yesterday, they have 3 days rest, they can take it.

Yeah I think KP was taking too much hate on this forum yesterday. It's not like he closed the season on a 25 ppg 11 rpg 2.5 bpg average over 10 games. He's working his way back in the mix. Not the best timing with the start of the playoffs, but would it shock anyone if KP has 25 pts 12 boards and 4 blks in game 2? It wouldn't surprise me at all. I'd actually be more surprised if KP was a non factor for the rest of the series.

I expect KP to have 2 or 3 standout games this series and that might be the difference. Unfortunately, he's not hitting the playoffs in peak condition where we can expect him to ball out every game. That's just what it is and fans should come to terms with that imo.
BmanInBigD
Bench Warmer
And1: 535

Post#166 » by BmanInBigD » Sun May 23, 2021 2:03 pm

dirkules_41 wrote:
BmanInBigD wrote:LOL at ANYONE bitching about Luka's 4th quarter when our "#2" player, the $27 million man, is a no-show for pretty much the whole game. We're never gonna go past the 2nd round when we have that much tied up in a 7'3' statue that sits out 30' from the basket waiting to jack up a 3. And then show ZERO effort to go after any misses by him or anyone else. GEEZ, what a mistake locking this waste of space up.

That waste of space made some pretty damn clutch plays down the stretch.

That waste of space had minimal impact on the game for eating up $27 million of salary. Just like most every game. Getting (signing) him was a huge mistake for this team going forward.
When someone says, "to make a long story short", it's usually too late.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,856

Post#167 » by dirkules_41 » Sun May 23, 2021 2:18 pm

BmanInBigD wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:

That waste of space made some pretty damn clutch plays down the stretch.

That waste of space had minimal impact on the game for eating up $27 million of salary. Just like most every game. Getting (signing) him was a huge mistake for this team going forward.

He's had a poor shooting game and got fouled on pretty much every possession with 2 people hanging off his arms. He played sensational against them in the bubble pre injury, I'm confident he'll make the desired impact.
BmanInBigD
Bench Warmer
And1: 535

Post#168 » by BmanInBigD » Sun May 23, 2021 2:24 pm

dirkules_41 wrote:
BmanInBigD wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:That waste of space made some pretty damn clutch plays down the stretch.

He's had a poor shooting game and got fouled on pretty much every possession with 2 people hanging off his arms. He played sensational against them in the bubble pre injury, I'm confident he'll make the desired impact.

Here's to hoping I get to eat crow. Got my fork ready... :wink:
When someone says, "to make a long story short", it's usually too late.
XTraderXL
Sixth Man
And1: 1,342

Post#169 » by XTraderXL » Sun May 23, 2021 2:46 pm

Bob8 wrote:
XTraderXL wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

My point is really easy, why should we discuss, not only you, about Luka missing some shots, if he had good game, good last Q and Mavs have won? Did those miss shots mattered in the game? No. Did those shots matter about Luka's overall performance? No. Do those shots matter for next games? No. Nobody cares about those shots anymore.

I'm ok with whatever definition you have for me. It's as important for me as those missed shots are for grading Luka's game. ;)

You are right. Its better to let you live in your imaginary world. You are not able to understand what you read.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#170 » by Bob8 » Sun May 23, 2021 4:21 pm

XTraderXL wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
XTraderXL wrote:

You are right. Its better to let you live in your imaginary world. You are not able to understand what you read.

What should I understand from reading your personal remarks about me?
GeorgeGervin
Junior
And1: 331

Post#171 » by GeorgeGervin » Sun May 23, 2021 5:14 pm

DJ_3_Ball wrote:
KhalilS wrote:KP is getting killed here and on the GB, but I watched him all year, his shot will fall sooner or later, but his effort on defense was great, he's still not the rim protector they signed him for, but he was no liability on defense yesterday, smart move by RC milking the starters yesterday, they have 3 days rest, they can take it.

Yeah I think KP was taking too much hate on this forum yesterday. It's not like he closed the season on a 25 ppg 11 rpg 2.5 bpg average over 10 games. He's working his way back in the mix. Not the best timing with the start of the playoffs, but would it shock anyone if KP has 25 pts 12 boards and 4 blks in game 2? It wouldn't surprise me at all. I'd actually be more surprised if KP was a non factor for the rest of the series.

I expect KP to have 2 or 3 standout games this series and that might be the difference. Unfortunately, he's not hitting the playoffs in peak condition where we can expect him to ball out every game. That's just what it is and fans should come to terms with that imo.

Well I really think his shots are going to fall, let's hope this begins next game, but I also don't see him getting 12 boards a game against the Clippers, he's way too soft for that and to be fair that's concerning.
The guy's by far the tallest player on the court and he grabbed 4 rebounds in 36 minutes. I mean Nico Melli had the same amount of rebounds in 9 minutes, that should tell us something.

Again I'm not really concerned about his scoring but about his rebounding and defense.
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Post#172 » by Apz » Mon May 24, 2021 2:33 am

Jusr saying sorry if i was a bit harsch after reading thru this thread yesterday. Negativity is just such a bore tho, specially in basketball where most got up and down periods in a game, so cant see a reason for ppl to cry like bsbies on the forum everytime someone fail at something
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#173 » by arkuo » Mon May 24, 2021 7:31 am

Apz wrote:Jusr saying sorry if i was a bit harsch after reading thru this thread yesterday. Negativity is just such a bore tho, specially in basketball where most got up and down periods in a game, so cant see a reason for ppl to cry like bsbies on the forum everytime someone fail at something

It's an online forum. So maybe these are actually 12 year old kids that are bored at home.

Return to Dallas Mavericks