ImageImageImage

NBA Playoffs Game 2: Miami Heat @ Milwaukee Bucks (1-0 MIL) 5/24 7:30PM EST

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

tres
Sophomore
And1: 208

Re: NBA Playoffs Game 2: Miami Heat @ Milwaukee Bucks (1-0 MIL) 5/24 7:30PM EST 

Post#501 » by tres » Tue May 25, 2021 2:28 am

Absolutely **** embarrassing for us to get waxed like that in a playoff game. Listen I knew the Bucks would win this series but it’s obvious Jimmy Butler has quit on this team, 10 points my guy? Really? Man I hope the Clippers lose so that we can get Kawhi in the offseason.
Shewasfly
Head Coach
And1: 11,544

Post#502 » by Shewasfly » Tue May 25, 2021 2:28 am

If we're going to come back in this, its going to have to be on Spo.

He's going to have to look at game tape day and night to come up with some serious adjustments.

Adjustments that free Jimmy up.
Adjustments that open up the paint for Bam and our guards.
Adjustments on defense that actually keep the three point line guarded.
Adjustments that force them to not crash the boards (umm, pick up the pace please??)

Because right now we just look outmatched and unable to keep up on any level.
:tiredJB:
carnageta
Veteran
And1: 6,961

Post#503 » by carnageta » Tue May 25, 2021 2:29 am

Crowder is tough as nails. He would have gotten physical with Giannis and the Bucks' players tonight. Who on our team got physical? Nobody.

People just look at the numbers and say we didn't miss out on much, but it's the intangibles that don't show up on the boxscore.

Ariza got bulldozed like 16 times tonight. When was Giannis ever able to do that to Jae?
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,755

Post#504 » by Wiltside » Tue May 25, 2021 2:30 am

tres wrote:Absolutely **** embarrassing for us to get waxed like that in a playoff game. Listen I knew the Bucks would win this series but it’s obvious Jimmy Butler has quit on this team, 10 points my guy? Really? Man I hope the Clippers lose so that we can get Kawhi in the offseason.

If Kawhi was watching this game, he just crossed us off his potential maybe list. We look a shambles.

Honestly, the team has looked mentally and physically cooked for majority of this season.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
oreon
Analyst
And1: 6,108

Post#505 » by oreon » Tue May 25, 2021 2:30 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
dubasilva wrote:So, do you develop Bam to be a PF? Is he ever going to be a great PF? I don't think so.
Then why pay him max money? why not use his value to bring a start to play in Miami?

Bam is a Center. We need to find a 4 who can stretch and has size that can compliment him.

It's up to Bam if he can get the 3 point shoot and have a consistent midrange J. If he can, it gives more flexibility in terms of lineups. Ideally you'd want him at the 4 and have a real rim protector/rebounder at the 5. Then you can move him to the 5 when the match up dictates. Kinda like how Lakers play with AD.
Majestic7
Starter
And1: 8,501

Post#506 » by Majestic7 » Tue May 25, 2021 2:30 am

I hope the Heat are not the worst team in the 2021 NBA Playoffs. Tonight they sure looked like the worst team.

HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#507 » by HeatIn5 » Tue May 25, 2021 2:31 am

You are all welcome
Read on Twitter
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,510

Post#508 » by MettaWorldPanda » Tue May 25, 2021 2:32 am

Lauri Markkannen is someone i can see going after hard that fits with Bam.
marson
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,470

Post#509 » by marson » Tue May 25, 2021 2:33 am

Shewasfly wrote:If we're going to come back in this, its going to have to be on Spo.

He's going to have to look at game tape day and night to come up with some serious adjustments.

Adjustments that force them to not crash the boards (umm, pick up the pace please??)

Sadly we also don't have the personnel.
I'm sure Spo would continue to run our two grandpas to the ground.
dubasilva
Junior
And1: 418

Post#510 » by dubasilva » Tue May 25, 2021 2:35 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
dubasilva wrote:So, do you develop Bam to be a PF? Is he ever going to be a great PF? I don't think so.
Then why pay him max money? why not use his value to bring a start to play in Miami?

Bam is an athletic Center. We need to find a 4 who can stretch and has size that can compliment him.

I disagree. He doesn't have the physical presence to compete against these 7 footers. He's not a max player. He's not a Center. Just my opinion.
I love the kid, but we might have to use his value to get another star.
SerialChiller
Head Coach
And1: 10,962

Post#511 » by SerialChiller » Tue May 25, 2021 2:35 am

The Bucks had more points in the 1st quarter than our starters had combined the entire game. I'm sooo disgusted right now just unacceptable.
tres
Sophomore

Post#512 » by tres » Tue May 25, 2021 2:37 am

Wiltside wrote:
tres wrote:Absolutely **** embarrassing for us to get waxed like that in a playoff game. Listen I knew the Bucks would win this series but it’s obvious Jimmy Butler has quit on this team, 10 points my guy? Really? Man I hope the Clippers lose so that we can get Kawhi in the offseason.

If Kawhi was watching this game, he just crossed us off his potential maybe list. We look a shambles.

Honestly, the team has looked mentally and physically cooked for majority of this season.

But the only other place I can see him going to is the Warriors, not only are they still in California but they got Steph. But outside of Steph their roster is much worst than ours hands down & we don’t know if Klay Thompson will ever be good again. Even though we got waxed I trust Riles & Micky over Mr. “Light Years” with surrounding a star with talent at this point.

I agree this team has looked done since the beginning of the season to be honest, just too inconsistent for my liking.
Shewasfly
Head Coach

Post#513 » by Shewasfly » Tue May 25, 2021 2:38 am

marson wrote:
Shewasfly wrote:If we're going to come back in this, its going to have to be on Spo.

Sadly we also don't have the personnel.
I'm sure Spo would continue to run our two grandpas to the ground.

We don't have the personnel. But we can do better than this. We can compete better than this.

Honestly, we didn't have the personnel last year either, even though we were better. But we competed better. Its on Spo to bring that out.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#514 » by MettaWorldPanda » Tue May 25, 2021 2:38 am

dubasilva wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:

Bam is an athletic Center. We need to find a 4 who can stretch and has size that can compliment him.

I disagree. He doesn't have the physical presence to compete against these 7 footers. He's not a max player. He's not a Center. Just my opinion.

This is why we need to make a full court press on Markkannen who’s 24 and 7’0 who shoots 40 percent from 3.
El Alonzo scowl
Veteran
And1: 5,418

Post#515 » by El Alonzo scowl » Tue May 25, 2021 2:40 am

Bam needs to be included in a trade offer for a disgruntled superstar.
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,750

Post#516 » by QUIZ » Tue May 25, 2021 2:40 am

Flash4thewin wrote:
QUIZ wrote:Should’ve just won that Hawks game smh. Knicks would’ve been so easy tho I guess in the grand scheme of things a fake first round victory is meaningless

With this energy? The Knicks would have eaten us alive. Id rather lose to the Bucks than have Knick fans gloating. Hard pass.

I know you're sad but no the Knicks wouldn't lol :lol:
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
marson
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,470

Post#517 » by marson » Tue May 25, 2021 2:41 am

tres wrote:
Wiltside wrote:

But the only other place I can see him going to is the Warriors, not only are they still in California but they got Steph. But outside of Steph their roster is much worst than ours hands down & we don’t know if Klay Thompson will ever be good again. Even though we got waxed I trust Riles & Micky over Mr. “Light Years” with surrounding a star with talent at this point.

I agree this team has looked done since the beginning of the season to be honest, just too inconsistent for my liking.

Miami does not appeal Kawhi and uncle Dennis based on this series so far. They probably laughing of the idea of playing with this Bam :lol:

He would more likely to send Playoff P and Morris asses somewhere before he leaves LA.
Shewasfly
Head Coach

Post#518 » by Shewasfly » Tue May 25, 2021 2:41 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
dubasilva wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:Bam is an athletic Center. We need to find a 4 who can stretch and has size that can compliment him.

This is why we need to make a full court press on Markkannen who’s 24 and 7’0 who shoots 40 percent from 3.

Is he a free agent? I remember Wade speaking so highly of him when he went to the Bulls. But...we don't have Wade anymore to recruit for us :cry:

Also not sure what kind of relationship Jimmy has with him. I remember Jimmy having some issues with young players on the Bulls.
tres
Sophomore

Post#519 » by tres » Tue May 25, 2021 2:45 am

marson wrote:
tres wrote:
Wiltside wrote:

Miami does not appeal Kawhi and uncle Dennis based on this series so far. They probably laughing of the idea of playing with this Bam :lol:

He would more likely to send Playoff P and Morris asses somewhere before he leaves LA.

Clippers have never been to a Western Conference Finals, EVER. And look at all the teams on the come up in the West next year, you’ve got the Suns, Luka & the Mavs, Nuggets with a healthy Murray & Jokic, Lakers will get better, Warriors are a dark horse depending on Klay, I mean Clippers couldn’t even win 1st seed in the West this year. That franchise just ain’t it man, if he’s not gonna join Golden State then he might as well comeback East.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#520 » by MettaWorldPanda » Tue May 25, 2021 2:55 am

Shewasfly wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
dubasilva wrote:

Is he a free agent? I remember Wade speaking so highly of him when he went to the Bulls. But...we don't have Wade anymore to recruit for us :cry:

Also not sure what kind of relationship Jimmy has with him. I remember Jimmy having some issues with young players on the Bulls.

He’s restricted but Bulls might not look to overpay with Vucevic and they really like what Theis gave them. Could also possibly do a sign and trade.

Return to Miami Heat