Re: Round 1, Game 2: Utah Jazz vs Memphis Grizzlies 

Post#21 » by TO11 » Thu May 27, 2021 3:05 am

GET THAT **** OUTTA HERE JA.
Rauxcee
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,054

Post#22 » by Rauxcee » Thu May 27, 2021 3:39 am

I hope the Jazz put the hammer down in the second half and don't let up.
BudTugly
Veteran
And1: 1,544

Post#23 » by BudTugly » Thu May 27, 2021 5:17 am

This game is what the Jazz are

We are vulnerable to great mid range/ floater game

We shoot a million 3s and always have lots of high % guys on the floor and also have multiple ball handlers

We have the best defensive player in the league

Utah hits shots they win period

I think I just wrote Lockes pod
Winglish
Analyst
And1: 1,302

Post#24 » by Winglish » Thu May 27, 2021 5:23 am

20 points and 15 assists from Mike Conley against his former team has to feel good!

Sent from my SM-G991U using RealGM mobile app
vryadli
Rookie
And1: 357

Post#25 » by vryadli » Thu May 27, 2021 5:24 am

BudTugly wrote:This game is what the Jazz are

We shoot a million 3s and always have lots of high % guys on the floor and also have multiple ball handlers

I'd add that we have great floor general in Conley. Huge BBIQ, ice-cool head.
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,735

Post#26 » by AingesBurner » Thu May 27, 2021 5:25 am

BudTugly wrote:This game is what the Jazz are

That’s why I wanted us to get a 3&D and not Matt **** Thomas.
Ingles is cooked.
Rauxcee
Lead Assistant

Post#27 » by Rauxcee » Thu May 27, 2021 5:25 am

Hope Snyder comes up with a plan for Ja. He is getting whatever he wants. If they can't come up with something it'll be a long series.
BudTugly
Veteran

Post#28 » by BudTugly » Thu May 27, 2021 5:27 am

vryadli wrote:
I'd add that we have great floor general in Conley. Huge BBIQ, ice-cool head.

Yes as a person that was skeptical of the trade I’ve been won over

Same w Clarkson even though he’s not been great yet in this series
ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 541

Post#29 » by ForeverRDjazz » Thu May 27, 2021 5:41 am

MC Hammer Conley was a stud but Rudy was at MVP level tonight! Can the Griz stop the pick and roll? And without fouling?
zero24gravity
Sixth Man
And1: 842

Post#30 » by zero24gravity » Thu May 27, 2021 2:39 pm

Better. Loved seeing Mitchell playing well & intense, but not trying to do too much. Still, work is needed. The 2nd half defense, particularly the 3rd quarter, was atrocious. 15 possessions scored in a row? Are you kidding? They weren't even working for it. Just dove to the paint and scored. I understand that the mid-range is where the Jazz want you shooting, but I'm sure that's not from 5 feet away over and over again. Still, nice to see shots falling and the team playing with playoff passion.

Side note: I went over to the Grizz forum basically to tell them that I love their team, would be cheering for them against any other team, Morant is special, and that I can't for the life of me understand why Vivint was giving Brooks the "Gordy Haywood" treatment. I'd take that guy on the Jazz any day of the week! ...but it was a thread almost entirely geared to crying about the refs, and I didn't think they'd accept me, so I passed on posting.

The officiating was ugly. Way too many whistles on both teams. I can think of at least 3 times a Jazz player 100% whiffed on a Grizz player, but got called for a foul (why Q never challenged them is questionable), but then there were muggings that they let play-on for both teams. The Grizz players who got in foul trouble in the first half were all legit calls. Complaining about those is ridiculous. Memphis challenged a play where Brooks literally jumped on top of Ingles? Really? You're complaining about that?!?! I do think Jonas' tech was a terrible call, and Brooks' 4th foul also wasn't the right call, but in the grand scheme of things it was just bad officiating as a whole, not lopsided. (The Grizz did shoot more FT's, although as a team who attacks the basket that's a little bit of a skewed stat.)

Game 3, hoping the refs get out of the way, and the Jazz play 4 quarters of basketball. The Grizz are a gritty & hungry team with some young talent. If the Jazz don't take care of business in game 3, my prediction is it goes 7 games, and then anything can happen. Don't blow an entire season of work, Utah!
ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 541

Post#31 » by ForeverRDjazz » Thu May 27, 2021 3:20 pm

zero24gravity wrote:Better. Loved seeing Mitchell playing well & intense, but not trying to do too much. Still, work is needed. The 2nd half defense, particularly the 3rd quarter, was atrocious. 15 possessions scored in a row? Are you kidding? They weren't even working for it. Just dove to the paint and scored. I understand that the mid-range is where the Jazz want you shooting, but I'm sure that's not from 5 feet away over and over again. Still, nice to see shots falling and the team playing with playoff passion.

Side note: I went over to the Grizz forum basically to tell them that I love their team, would be cheering for them against any other team, Morant is special, and that I can't for the life of me understand why Vivint was giving Brooks the "Gordy Haywood" treatment. I'd take that guy on the Jazz any day of the week! ...but it was a thread almost entirely geared to crying about the refs, and I didn't think they'd accept me, so I passed on posting.

The officiating was ugly. Way too many whistles on both teams. I can think of at least 3 times a Jazz player 100% whiffed on a Grizz player, but got called for a foul (why Q never challenged them is questionable), but then there were muggings that they let play-on for both teams. The Grizz players who got in foul trouble in the first half were all legit calls. Complaining about those is ridiculous. Memphis challenged a play where Brooks literally jumped on top of Ingles? Really? You're complaining about that?!?! I do think Jonas' tech was a terrible call, and Brooks' 4th foul also wasn't the right call, but in the grand scheme of things it was just bad officiating as a whole, not lopsided. (The Grizz did shoot more FT's, although as a team who attacks the basket that's a little bit of a skewed stat.)

Game 3, hoping the refs get out of the way, and the Jazz play 4 quarters of basketball. The Grizz are a gritty & hungry team with some young talent. If the Jazz don't take care of business in game 3, my prediction is it goes 7 games, and then anything can happen. Don't blow an entire season of work, Utah!

Funny because Jazz won because refs called every foul for Utah. :lol: Seen couple other no called second half on Jonas that wasn't called. Refs need to do better both sides of the ball and teams should be able to challenge and if they win the call get another one. One and done is stupid because you don't want to waste you one until game is truly on the line in the last minute of the game. Grizz have some great young players and Ja is the only resin we have Conley today. Seen them complain about jazz shooting threes and getting calls. League has called that all years players sliding under the shooter and the one Grizz challenged was just nuts. Players was so out of control it was easy play for Joe to stand there and take the foul. Sure Joe could've move out but that's just stupid if and player ever runs form getting a sure foul call. :crazy: Time Utah Pick and rolls Memphis to death.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#32 » by AingesBurner » Thu May 27, 2021 4:12 pm

I hope we see Donovan for at least 28 minutes this next game, we need him badly in Memphis.
Ingles is cooked.
zero24gravity
Sixth Man
And1: 842

Post#33 » by zero24gravity » Thu May 27, 2021 8:22 pm

GobertReport wrote:I hope we see Donovan for at least 28 minutes this next game, we need him badly in Memphis.

I agree, the Jazz need him, and hoping to see increased minutes.

My concern is that even after he publicly threw the team under the bus about game 1, he was limping a bit on that ankle in the 2nd half, showing that he's still not 100%. (And if he wasn't 100% for game 2, then the team was right to hold him out of game 1.) They need him at 100% to go further than the 1st round. I'm not saying I want him sitting, but if he played game 1, that ankle might have not held up and we'd be asking if he'll even play in round 1 again. As is sits now, if he's not feeling better before game 3 than he was before game 2, he needs to be realistic and take the correct precautions. If the team can't beat the Grizz without him, they aren't winning a title, anyway.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#34 » by AingesBurner » Thu May 27, 2021 9:00 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
GobertReport wrote:I hope we see Donovan for at least 28 minutes this next game, we need him badly in Memphis.

I agree, the Jazz need him, and hoping to see increased minutes.

My concern is that even after he publicly threw the team under the bus about game 1, he was limping a bit on that ankle in the 2nd half, showing that he's still not 100%. (And if he wasn't 100% for game 2, then the team was right to hold him out of game 1.) They need him at 100% to go further than the 1st round. I'm not saying I want him sitting, but if he played game 1, that ankle might have not held up and we'd be asking if he'll even play in round 1 again. As is sits now, if he's not feeling better before game 3 than he was before game 2, he needs to be realistic and take the correct precautions. If the team can't beat the Grizz without him, they aren't winning a title, anyway.

I didn't notice that he was limping. I imagine soreness which is bound to happen, the Jazz could possibly play him less in game 3, 22 minutes and play him more in game 4.
Ingles is cooked.
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,679

Post#35 » by Crunch 99 » Thu May 27, 2021 9:18 pm

Donovan Mitchell says he 'felt better than I anticipated' after return in Game 2
https://www.ksl.com/article/50175036/donovan-mitchell-says-he-felt-better-than-i-anticipated-after-return-in-game-2
Crunch 99
General Manager

Post#36 » by Crunch 99 » Thu May 27, 2021 9:27 pm

vryadli wrote:I'd add that we have great floor general in Conley. Huge BBIQ, ice-cool head.

Conley was great. He tied his career high in assists, 15, that he set playing against the Blazers in 2013.
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,017

Post#37 » by SoCalJazzFan » Fri May 28, 2021 4:55 am

Read on Twitter

Fortunately, the Jazz organization is respectable and does the right thing. Why do some Jazz fans repeatedly embarrass other fans and the entire state? Get a grip people!!
Rauxcee
Lead Assistant

Post#38 » by Rauxcee » Fri May 28, 2021 5:28 am

Throwing popcorn at players, sporting on them, making inappropriate comments... What is wrong with fans!? Maybe the NBA should go back to no fans in the stands. This is ridiculous.
BudTugly
Veteran

Post#39 » by BudTugly » Fri May 28, 2021 5:57 am

lol popcorn
Crunch 99
General Manager

Post#40 » by Crunch 99 » Fri May 28, 2021 2:55 pm

It was also great to see Royce taking and hitting his open shots. He was both hesitant and cold in game one. Go Jazz!

Return to Utah Jazz