ImageImageImage

Playoffs: First Round Game 2 : (8) Washington Wizards @ (1) Philadelphia 76ers l Wednesday 5/26 l 7:00pm l NBCSP/NBATV

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,661

Re: Playoffs: First Round Game 2 : (8) Washington Wizards @ (1) Philadelphia 76ers l Wednesday 5/26 l 7:00pm l NBCSP/NBA 

Post#301 » by Negrodamus » Thu May 27, 2021 9:13 pm

XtremeDunkz wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:Hey guys at least one of our fans didn’t spit on Russ like the Knicks fan! Spit won’t kill you! It’s just a competitive environment, amirite!

100% there should be retribution for doing anything other than yelling to players and banning them is the absolute bare minimum.
Lol this is just ridiculous. Listen to yourself. Minimum wage workers are abused by the public daily and they have to take it in order to pay their bills. I think the guys making 20 million a year will survive if some popcorn fell on them.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Plot twist: minimum wage workers should get the same opportunity to dole out retribution as millionaire athletes.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,661

Re: Playoffs: First Round Game 2 : (8) Washington Wizards @ (1) Philadelphia 76ers l Wednesday 5/26 l 7:00pm l NBCSP/NBA 

Post#302 » by Negrodamus » Thu May 27, 2021 9:14 pm

All of this to say, stop being dicks to other humans. Lessons need to be learned.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,748

Post#303 » by Stanford » Thu May 27, 2021 9:18 pm

XtremeDunkz wrote:Minimum wage workers are abused by the public daily and they have to take it

What would you think about someone who abused a minimum wage worker?
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,409

Post#304 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Thu May 27, 2021 9:21 pm

In regards to the Westbrook incident, I think it's more about the team and the city trying to clean up it's reputation. I tell people that I am a Sixers/Phillies fan and they immediately always say "Oh I know how Philly fans are." If you go on the GB, there were several people that instantly spoke of Philly fans as if they are all the same. I get that these days we live in absolutes and that everything is the same in the eyes of the ignorant, but honestly....I as well as all of you on here know, that not all Philly fans are A-holes. Was it a A-Hole move to dump popcorn on Westbrook? Absolutely, but the media isn't going to help us out with this at all. I'm sorry, but one bad apple does not spoil the bunch despite what many believe.
Is it going to kill Westbrook to have popcorn dumped on him? No. I think spitting or dumping a beverage on him would have been grounds for a fist fight and in a sense, I'm glad that it was just popcorn and nothing more than that. We're a passionate bunch for sure, but we're honestly not all that different from any other fanbase. I personally have been to quite a few different pro venues to watch sports and there are jerks at all of them. Carolina Panther fans were laughing at my Dolphins jersey during the monday night game that I went to a few years ago. I mean, the Panthers throttled Miami that night and I couldn't even go to the bathroom without people talking trash. I was at a Bengals game a couple years ago and the group of guys in front of us were drunk and they kept yelling all sorts of awful stuff at Andrew Luck (QB for the Colts). Not just "you suck", but stuff I would rather not repeat. Eventually those idiots got tossed, but it wasn't until the third quarter when we all were finally rid of their filth. So yeah....Philly fans...There are a few jerks in the crowd. It was the same up in Cleveland when I went to a Browns game. The same in Nashville when I watched the Dolphins play the Titans. Yet because it's Philly and because we have a reputation, we're getting negative treatment over this. Honestly, it's popcorn and it shouldn't be that big of a deal. I'm glad they banned that guy, but my gosh...Twenty years ago this wouldn't even be story.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,748

Post#305 » by Stanford » Thu May 27, 2021 9:25 pm

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:In regards to the Westbrook incident, I think it's more about the team and the city trying to clean up it's reputation.

Yeah, this makes sense. I'm not from Philly but I'm attentive to those comments for obvious reasons. Even the national sports networks in Canada would reference it when I was growing up, so I can imagine you guys are pretty sick of it.

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:Honestly, it's popcorn and it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Don't agree with this. There's a reason people were repulsed and outraged by the guy's behavior. Don't think he should be charged with a crime, but he's owed the scorn he'll receive and has received.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,011

Post#306 » by Sixerscan » Thu May 27, 2021 9:43 pm

Feel like the guy will probably have to pay a fine or do community service or something.

Re: the Philly stuff, it's annoying but whatever at this point.
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,760

Post#307 » by XtremeDunkz » Thu May 27, 2021 10:07 pm

Stanford wrote:
XtremeDunkz wrote:Minimum wage workers are abused by the public daily and they have to take it

What would you think about someone who abused a minimum wage worker?

They're trash. But 99% of the time they get what they want without consequence. This guy got banned. He was punished. That's enough.
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,786

Post#308 » by eyeatoma » Thu May 27, 2021 11:20 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Sixers Twitter can be like a nuclear fallout out, but every once in a while there are gems like this.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#310 » by LloydFree » Thu May 27, 2021 11:53 pm

Negrodamus wrote:Hey guys at least one of our fans didn’t spit on Russ like the Knicks fan! Spit won’t kill you! It’s just a competitive environment, amirite!

100% there should be retribution for doing anything other than yelling to players and banning them is the absolute bare minimum.

Honestly. What posseses a person to get it in his head that it's okay to pour his popcorn on another man's head? Either he was drunk out of his mind, or he's a real piece of filth. No other explanation.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#311 » by BullyKing » Fri May 28, 2021 12:26 am

LloydFree wrote:

Honestly. What posseses a person get it in his head that it's okay to pour his popcorn on another man's head? Either he was drunk out of his mind, or he's a real piece of filth. No other explanation.

Totally agree. Like how deranged do you have to be for the idea to even enter your mind?
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
Dnt hate
Sixth Man
And1: 899

Post#312 » by Dnt hate » Fri May 28, 2021 12:39 am

Negrodamus wrote:

If he can get some consistency on his shot, he's no question the starter next year. Even if he doesn't and plays like this on offense (solid vision, ability to attack the basket, finish a bit at the rim), he should start. The first season he's avg 25-30 mpg, he's DPOY. His speed and anticipation is unlike anything I've seen on defense.

You are the man for sharing this
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,786

Post#313 » by eyeatoma » Fri May 28, 2021 10:10 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Philadelphia 76ers