ImageImageImageImage

Official Spec Thread: I guess now's the time to blow this dumpster fire up and bask in the glow!

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,006

Re: Official Spec Thread: I guess now's the time to blow this dumpster fire up and bask in the glow! 

Post#1441 » by KillMonger » Fri May 28, 2021 12:14 am

Well at least with bamba he has every incentive to come in next season like a different player....contract season....i've been saying this everything went left with bamba when he cut the juicebox hair lol
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,908

Re: Official Spec Thread: I guess now's the time to blow this dumpster fire up and bask in the glow! 

Post#1442 » by drsd » Sat May 29, 2021 6:48 am

KillMonger wrote:Well at least with bamba he has every incentive to come in next season like a different player....contract season....i've been saying this everything went left with bamba when he cut the juicebox hair lol

And-1

I am excited to see what he can bring with a true off-season to fire up his potential. This is the season for him to shine (or not).

Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,322

Post#1443 » by Knightro » Sat May 29, 2021 12:40 pm

tiderulz wrote:i dont know. its really expensive to live in NYC and they wont want to play second fiddle to the Nets all around town

Second fiddle record wise for the next few years maybe. But the Nets could win the next three NBA titles and the city will never embrace them like they do the Knicks.

They’re a stepchild. Knicks fandom is DEEPLY engrained into that city.

If the Knicks are good at all, they will get the lion’s share of the fan and media interest.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,116

Post#1444 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Sun May 30, 2021 11:37 am

Knightro wrote:
tiderulz wrote:i dont know. its really expensive to live in NYC and they wont want to play second fiddle to the Nets all around town

Second fiddle record wise for the next few years maybe. But the Nets could win the next three NBA titles and the city will never embrace them like they do the Knicks.

If the Knicks are good at all, they will get the lion’s share of the fan and media interest.

Nets are like Manchester City IMO. Minimal history, but have owners/$$$ and allure.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,091

Post#1445 » by yoyojw17 » Sun May 30, 2021 8:14 pm

OK!!!! Not sure if there are any anime fans out there.... but there is an Anime call Kuroku's Basketball .... first two seasons on netflix.... Though extreme.... I believe this should be everyone on our teams summer homework. It's super entertaining and discusses everything on a level of bball that is actually kinda relatable and in my opinion translatable to players on our team.

Binge watching right now. :D

Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,399

Post#1446 » by Bensational » Sun May 30, 2021 9:26 pm

yoyojw17 wrote:OK!!!! Not sure if there are any anime fans out there.... but there is an Anime call Kuroku's Basketball .... first two seasons on netflix.... Though extreme.... I believe this should be everyone on our teams summer homework. It's super entertaining and discusses everything on a level of bball that is actually kinda relatable and in my opinion translatable to players on our team.

I just smashed through both seasons recently. Very entertaining although super exaggerated obvs. There’s a volleyball series called Haikyuu which is heaps more literal in terms of explaining skills/moves/plays and doesn’t have that supernatural vibe Kuroko’s has.

Still, Kuroko’s basketball is a lot of fun and recommended viewing for any anime fans.
pinoynurse
Rookie
And1: 353

Post#1447 » by pinoynurse » Sun May 30, 2021 9:55 pm

Bensational wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:OK!!!! Not sure if there are any anime fans out there.... but there is an Anime call Kuroku's Basketball .... first two seasons on netflix.... Though extreme.... I believe this should be everyone on our teams summer homework. It's super entertaining and discusses everything on a level of bball that is actually kinda relatable and in my opinion translatable to players on our team.

I just smashed through both seasons recently. Very entertaining although super exaggerated obvs. There’s a volleyball series called Haikyuu which is heaps more literal in terms of explaining skills/moves/plays and doesn’t have that supernatural vibe Kuroko’s has.

Still, Kuroko’s basketball is a lot of fun and recommended viewing for any anime fans.

I cant recommend haikyuu enough, one of the best sports anime imo

I tried kurokos but because i know some of the moves are unrealistic i cant get into it i mean, there was one moment where there was an alleyoop 3pt shot lol but i hear good things ill try to get back on it
From strength, learn gentleness. Through gentleness, strength will prevail.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,399

Post#1448 » by Bensational » Sun May 30, 2021 10:36 pm

pinoynurse wrote:
Bensational wrote:

I tried kurokos but because i know some of the moves are unrealistic i cant get into it i mean, there was one moment where there was an alleyoop 3pt shot lol but i hear good things ill try to get back on it

Yeah Haikyuu is one of my all time fav anime shows for its realism in an anime world. I found Kuroko’s a little harder to get into for the same reasons you did, but eventually I just loved the characters too much to stop. Just don’t expect real basketball strategy to come out of it, lol.
Horcy
Lead Assistant
And1: 362

Post#1449 » by Horcy » Mon May 31, 2021 11:08 am

I don't remember the last time I was so excited about an offseason like this one.
I'm checking constantly for magic news even we are not even playing.
It was really tough to see Vuc go but this change was absolutely needed.

GO MAGIC!
Horcy
Lead Assistant
And1: 362

Post#1450 » by Horcy » Mon May 31, 2021 11:10 am

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
Knightro wrote:

Nets are like Manchester City IMO. Minimal history, but have owners/$$$ and allure.

:lol: THIS :wordyo:
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,274

Post#1451 » by pepe1991 » Mon May 31, 2021 12:22 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
Knightro wrote:

So was Chelsea when i was kid .Now you have " hardcore " fanbase that are calling for soccer purity and using City as example of " buying titles". But if you go back, they were first team in ownership of billionaire that was willing to sign bianco check for Champions league.

it's new normal, 15 years from now you will probably have 7 allstars in same nba team and rest of conference combine will have 3 star players. NBA simply goes into that direction. Nets, Clippers, Lakers today have 7 of 15 best players including probably 4 of top 5.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
GelbeWand09
Rookie
And1: 1,414

Post#1452 » by GelbeWand09 » Mon May 31, 2021 12:53 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
Knightro wrote:

So was Chelsea when i was kid .Now you have " hardcore " fanbase that are calling for soccer purity and using City as example of " buying titles". But if you go back, they were first team in ownership of billionaire that was willing to sign bianco check for Champions league.

it's new normal, 15 years from now you will probably have 7 allstars in same nba team and rest of conference combine will have 3 star players. NBA simply goes into that direction. Nets, Clippers, Lakers today have 7 of 15 best players including probably 4 of top 5.

I think i havent seen a true contender being more boring to watch than this Nets team. The Warriors were at least entertaining. 1st Its iso, iso, iso, Harris 3, iso.... 2nd The talent is just ridiculous. Tatum scores like 40 per game & is still only the 3rd best player on the court :crazy:
UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod
And1: 1,073

Post#1453 » by UCF » Mon May 31, 2021 3:26 pm

Knightro wrote:

Dolan is why they don’t have star players signing with them imo. The Knicks are NY’s team.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,274

Post#1454 » by pepe1991 » Mon May 31, 2021 4:58 pm

GelbeWand09 wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:

I think i havent seen a true contender being more boring to watch than this Nets team. The Warriors were at least entertaining. 1st Its iso, iso, iso, Harris 3, iso.... 2nd The talent is just ridiculous. Tatum scores like 40 per game & is still only the 3rd best player on the court :crazy:

Thing about them is that they could just as easly be clear contender to win it all with Harden & Durant or Irving & Durant.
3 is overkill.

I'm still entertained watching them, Durant and Harden are all time talents, Durant is easly one of most talented players ever. Guy is 32 , averages 33 ppg in playoffs and already scored 24 000 points.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,159

Post#1455 » by OrlChamps2030 » Mon May 31, 2021 6:58 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
GelbeWand09 wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

Thing about them is that they could just as easly be clear contender to win it all with Harden & Durant or Irving & Durant.
3 is overkill.

I'm still entertained watching them, Durant and Harden are all time talents, Durant is easly one of most talented players ever. Guy is 32 , averages 33 ppg in playoffs and already scored 24 000 points.

Harden to Philly would have been better for the league and for neutral fans IMO
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,815

Post#1457 » by RookieStar » Mon May 31, 2021 10:14 pm

rcklsscognition wrote:Image

Hope this is legit

wow. I still have that Raptor's jersey of Vince somewhere.

Yeah. Anything for a buck, the league will def sell these lol
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#1458 » by j-ragg » Tue Jun 1, 2021 12:10 am

Don’t think that’s real but it’s a rumor I guess for the 75th anniversary next season. I hope it’s real fwiw, would be great with the old font.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,091

Post#1459 » by yoyojw17 » Tue Jun 1, 2021 2:23 am

Bensational wrote:
pinoynurse wrote:
Bensational wrote:

Yeah Haikyuu is one of my all time fav anime shows for its realism in an anime world. I found Kuroko’s a little harder to get into for the same reasons you did, but eventually I just loved the characters too much to stop. Just don’t expect real basketball strategy to come out of it, lol.

Agreed....exaggerated but still super entertaining.Yep... Haikyuu took a sport i didn't really find interesting and made it so. Both are very good. As a basketball fan kurokos is still super entertaining. just finished the recent season release on netflix.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,186

Post#1460 » by cedric76 » Thu Jun 3, 2021 1:10 pm

Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Return to Orlando Magic