ImageImageImage

Playoffs: First Round Game 4 : (1) Philadelphia 76ers @ (8) Washington Wizards l Monday 5/31 l 7:00pm l NBCSP/ESPN

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,011

Re: Playoffs: First Round Game 4 : (1) Philadelphia 76ers @ (8) Washington Wizards l Monday 5/31 l 7:00pm l NBCSP/ESPN 

Post#381 » by Sixerscan » Tue Jun 1, 2021 4:33 am

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:The injury thing is scary because we simply won't truly know what it is until Hopefully tomorrow.
I feel like this could be anything from a precautionary move to a season ending meniscus tear. That's Jo though, and we live and die with him. It's frustrating, and Ben Simmons may very well be the most frustrating player that has ever played for this city. I thought Evan Turner would hold that crown forever, but Simmons is just so insanely talented and yet he simply can't take over when Embiid goes down. I don't understand it at all. You would think that Simmons and four shooters would be a fifty win team by itself. He should be our best player when Embiid sits and he wasn't even our fifth best player tonight. Maxey, Harris, Green, and Hill all had a bigger impact on tonight's game. Let's hope this was just one bad game from him. I imagine Embiid won't play in game 5. Hopefully Simmons bounces back.

I think a lot of the issue tonight was him getting into really dumb foul trouble. He only played 25 minutes and a lot of that was in the second half where he was basically having to hide off ball defensively he picked up his 4th literally 10 seconds into the 3rd and then his 5th very early after he came in in the 4th. I think he also allowed it to limit his aggressiveness in transition in some ways.

I'm not someone that thinks he needs to be this 20 point scorer when Embiid goes out, but he has to be better in the things he's actually very good at. He was hardly alone though. Harris, Curry and Green were a combined 4-17 from 3, that's not good enough. Harris was 8-24 from the field. Bad Howard game. Shake still MIA. Not having a better third center option than Scott is simply an organizational failure. Maxey, Hill and Korkmaz were the only guys that really brought it tonight.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,621

Re: Playoffs: First Round Game 4 : (1) Philadelphia 76ers @ (8) Washington Wizards l Monday 5/31 l 7:00pm l NBCSP/ESPN 

Post#382 » by Mik317 » Tue Jun 1, 2021 4:56 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Mik317 wrote:there aren't many obvious trade partners left for Ben

so yall gotta be okay with a step back in the short term

sure that will go over well with Jo.

Bradley Beal, Cj (although that's over paying), Dame (for a bigger package). Packages are there.

Dame is not available. Dude is loyal for no reason; they will reboot on the fly around him before trading him IMO.

Beal and CJ does not make us a better team IMO. Now obviously other moves will be made in tandem.... but that’s another thing. Bens contract is our final tool really... hell even if we don’t trade him. Replacing Danny **** Green this off-season is going to be a thing with our cashed out roster. Like we are going to need to constantly hit on late first rounders if only so we can move the ones we currently hit on for stuff.

I am so emo lol
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#383 » by Tomjas » Tue Jun 1, 2021 5:22 am

Sixerscan wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:The injury thing is scary because we simply won't truly know what it is until Hopefully tomorrow.
I feel like this could be anything from a precautionary move to a season ending meniscus tear. That's Jo though, and we live and die with him. It's frustrating, and Ben Simmons may very well be the most frustrating player that has ever played for this city. I thought Evan Turner would hold that crown forever, but Simmons is just so insanely talented and yet he simply can't take over when Embiid goes down. I don't understand it at all. You would think that Simmons and four shooters would be a fifty win team by itself. He should be our best player when Embiid sits and he wasn't even our fifth best player tonight. Maxey, Harris, Green, and Hill all had a bigger impact on tonight's game. Let's hope this was just one bad game from him. I imagine Embiid won't play in game 5. Hopefully Simmons bounces back.

I think a lot of the issue tonight was him getting into really dumb foul trouble. He only played 25 minutes and a lot of that was in the second half where he was basically having to hide off ball defensively he picked up his 4th literally 10 seconds into the 3rd and then his 5th very early after he came in in the 4th. I think he also allowed it to limit his aggressiveness in transition in some ways.

I'm not someone that thinks he needs to be this 20 point scorer when Embiid goes out, but he has to be better in the things he's actually very good at. He was hardly alone though. Harris, Curry and Green were a combined 4-17 from 3, that's not good enough. Harris was 8-24 from the field. Bad Howard game. Shake still MIA. Not having a better third center option than Scott is simply an organizational failure. Maxey, Hill and Korkmaz were the only guys that really brought it tonight.

Tbf, Simmons often gets shafted on defensive fouls as the refs will do almost anything to protect shooters including allowing moving screens virtually all the time

Teams know it and play to it when defenders like Ben are on their man
reignfire
Sixth Man
And1: 864

Post#384 » by reignfire » Tue Jun 1, 2021 6:09 am

The fact that Harris missed a layup and dunk early on was bad omen.

I like the Simmons getting aggressive in the paint early on but after a couple of that they should be going to Embiid in the post. Let that be what sets up the outside shots.

But Embiid def needs to stop driving from the 3 point line. So dumb for a big man to do that.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,792

Post#385 » by eyeatoma » Tue Jun 1, 2021 6:17 am

Daryl Morey posted this on his twitter account at 1:30 am.

Does that mean Jo is okay? It seems to be what Sixers Twitter thinks.

Read on Twitter
Embiid-MVP
Junior
And1: 217

Post#386 » by Embiid-MVP » Tue Jun 1, 2021 7:21 am

eyeatoma wrote:Daryl Morey posted this on his twitter account at 1:30 am.

Does that mean Jo is okay? It seems to be what Sixers Twitter thinks.

Read on Twitter

What a great and super odd way to find out he's ok if true lol
:banghead:
VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Post#387 » by VDT » Tue Jun 1, 2021 7:55 am

Embiid landed awkwardly on his right leg, kinda how he did earlier in the year when he missed times. It seemed less serious this time, but even if he doesnt miss a game he will likely not be playing at 100%.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#388 » by eyeatoma » Tue Jun 1, 2021 8:02 am

VDT wrote:Embiid landed awkwardly on his right leg, kinda how he did earlier in the year when he missed times. It seemed less serious this time, but even if he doesnt miss a game he will likely not be playing at 100%.

Yeah, after watching it a few times I saw how it bent and he probably had some weight on it. It's weird because he favored his back, and then seemed to be fine. Fingers crossed all of this is precautionary, and Daryl's tweet is a sign of good things to come.
Zumramania
Senior
And1: 404

Post#389 » by Zumramania » Tue Jun 1, 2021 8:24 am

I guess trading Tony Bradley was a big mistake since he helped us win games while Jo was absent and even back then I did not understand why Morey did it.
ConstableChaos
Junior
And1: 205

Post#390 » by ConstableChaos » Tue Jun 1, 2021 9:21 am

Hachimura was far more impactful on this game than Harris.

Gafford more impactful around the basket than Howard

And when was the last time Simmons hit 2 free throws in a row? - Shot doesn't look bad but f me dead he's going to be unplayable if he doesn;t start converting some b2b FT
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,884

Post#391 » by Wilfried » Tue Jun 1, 2021 10:06 am

We can go to the CF without Embiid and without Simmons hitting 65% on free throws.

But than, we will be swept.

Hope Embiid is ok, he sits out the next game and maybe the first of the next series (if we win). But we really need him from than on to get back on the court to make sure he's not rusty.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,957

Post#392 » by ankle420breaker » Tue Jun 1, 2021 10:47 am

The silence on Embiid's injury speaks volumes. Doesn't feel like something minor. Feels like we're all about to get our hearts broken.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#393 » by eyeatoma » Tue Jun 1, 2021 10:55 am

ankle420breaker wrote:The silence on Embiid's injury speaks volumes. Doesn't feel like something minor. Feels like we're all about to get our hearts broken.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
Relax, they said they're getting an MRI. It's precautionary. Generally bad news comes with a WOJ bomb hours earlier saying people fear, or are worried.

Also the tweet from Morey that I posted above has me feeling a little more optimistic. Either that or Morey is an idiot to post that when everyone is on edge (I'd lean towards him not being an idiot).

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
kio80
Sixth Man
And1: 1,076

Post#394 » by kio80 » Tue Jun 1, 2021 11:44 am

stormi wrote:
kio80 wrote:Tobi is a very poor man’s Middleton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's nothing like MIddleton. Middleton is an off the dribble killer in that Tatum/Durant vein that averages 5 assists per game and has a laser release.

Tobias is a funky Julius Randle type player that relies on his back to the basket game

Nothing like Middleton?

He’s nothing like Randle

Let’s agree to disagree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,621

Post#395 » by Mik317 » Tue Jun 1, 2021 1:31 pm

my butt is still very much hurt atm.

thats what I get for getting invested and believing in Philadelphia sports again
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,372

Post#396 » by Eyeamok » Tue Jun 1, 2021 1:40 pm

Was not happy with the final score but I'm not alarmed.

We got to see Maxey on the big stage and he did not disappoint. Very excited about this player. I was wondering why Doc took him out when he was on a roll but going forward I expect to see more of this rookie.

It's easy for a team to lose focus once you are leading the series and everything seems right in the world. Losing Embiid knocks everything out of wack during the game. I'm not surprised they lost. I'm looking for a big game from Ben and Harris on Wednesday. Doc give Maxey more run and the series will be done on Wednesday with or without Joe.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo

Return to Philadelphia 76ers