Should we go after Damian Lillard if he becomes available 

Post#1 » by Currygoat » Thu Jun 3, 2021 12:07 am

Wiggins+ 6 +14 and wiseman for Lillard.

Steph
Dame
Klay
Draymond
Looney

How good would this team be. Dude is from Oakland so that’s a huge selling point Dame really likes Draymond and Steph
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Re: Should we go after Damian Lillard if he becomes available 

Post#2 » by ChuckDurn » Thu Jun 3, 2021 12:23 am

The only way he’d become available is if he asked to be traded, which is extremely, extremely, extremely, extremely unlikely.

But were that to happen.... no-brainer “yes”.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#3 » by and1GS » Thu Jun 3, 2021 12:27 am

If you think Wiggins, two picks and Wiseman gets you Dame Lillard I...nevermind, I'm leaving this thread.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Currygoat
Senior
And1: 821

Post#4 » by Currygoat » Thu Jun 3, 2021 12:32 am

and1GS wrote:If you think Wiggins, two picks and Wiseman gets you Dame Lillard I...nevermind, I'm leaving this thread.

Possible if he demanded a trade. Nets got James Harden for way less
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#5 » by and1GS » Thu Jun 3, 2021 12:56 am

Currygoat wrote:
and1GS wrote:If you think Wiggins, two picks and Wiseman gets you Dame Lillard I...nevermind, I'm leaving this thread.

To make the deal happen BKN traded two young starters, three firsts and four pick swaps. That is not 'way less' than an underachieving rookie, 2 picks not in the top 3 and a perceived negative value contract in Wiggins.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Currygoat
Senior
And1: 821

Post#6 » by Currygoat » Thu Jun 3, 2021 1:12 am

and1GS wrote:
Currygoat wrote:

To make the deal happen BKN traded two young starters, three firsts and four pick swaps. That is not 'way less' than an underachieving rookie, 2 picks not in the top 3 and a perceived negative value contract in Wiggins.

The nets first round picks are worthless they will be in the mid 20s for the next 3-5 years lol. We would be giving up a number overall pick a 3 and d wing that has value in the league a top 10 and a top 15 pick. Name one good young player Houston got in the Harden deal?
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,565

Post#7 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Thu Jun 3, 2021 2:24 am

Sure, I'd love to have Lillard, and no way on earth would we be making the most attractive offer for him. This isn't going to happen.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,374

Post#8 » by GSWFan1994 » Thu Jun 3, 2021 4:42 am

This isn't a videogame, where everyone is always healthy and playing at 101% of their abilities - you make the trade, one of them gets hurts at the wrong time, or gets hurt badly, and you're back at square one and worse than ever.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#9 » by HiRez » Thu Jun 3, 2021 6:18 am

GSWFan1994 wrote:This isn't a videogame, where everyone is always healthy and playing at 101% of their abilities - you make the trade, one of them gets hurts at the wrong time, or gets hurt badly, and you're back at square one and worse than ever.

You're right that you can't just add up all their PPG etc. but having another star like Lillard is a great buffer to injuries because if any one of Steph, Lillard, or Klay (probably Draymond too) gets injured, you still have a team that can win. I didn't think Harden was going to be a great fit in Brooklyn but bringing him in turned out to shield them from falling apart dues to injuries, and they had a lot (I think the 3 of them only played like 8 games together during the year).

And when they all are healthy...holy crap, that would be one scary team to defend. You cannot double or triple team anyone on that team. 3 guys who can shoot near or over 40% on 3s on high volume, and who can all go for 40-50 on any given night. I don't think averaging 125+ ppg is out of the question.

Seems extremely unlikely but I think if it's a possibility you have to entertain it. And what fan doesn't want to watch that team every night?
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,149

Post#10 » by cpower » Thu Jun 3, 2021 3:08 pm

Lillard is good and will work with current squad but the defensive pressure will be huge. you gave up a lot of defense for the offense..I rather have someone like Lowry who is decent both way and we can add a few vets to the lineup. klay, Curry, Dame, Draymond + G leaguers will face problems in PS.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,405

Post#11 » by ILOVEIT » Thu Jun 3, 2021 4:32 pm

Nah....if we are going all in on a player....let's get someone that fits better....
Warriors started winning when they got out of the Monta and Curry tiny lineup.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
HiRez
RealGM

Post#12 » by HiRez » Thu Jun 3, 2021 5:41 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:Nah....if we are going all in on a player....let's get someone that fits better....

I know what you're saying but come on, you can't compare Monta to Lillard like that. Monta was an overachieving but inefficient fringe starter, Lillard is one the great scorers of the modern era. It would definitely be an unbalanced play to win by just burying your opponent on the offensive end, no question. But that's a group that could do it.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#13 » by Scoots1994 » Thu Jun 3, 2021 6:15 pm

HiRez wrote:
ILOVEIT wrote:Nah....if we are going all in on a player....let's get someone that fits better....

I know what you're saying but come on, you can't compare Monta to Lillard like that. Monta was an overachieving but inefficient fringe starter, Lillard is one the great scorers of the modern era. It would definitely be an unbalanced play to win by just burying your opponent on the offensive end, no question. But that's a group that could do it.

Along the same lines I suspect Dame would rather have a longer backcourt partner to play with too.
CS707
Head Coach
And1: 6,277

Post#14 » by CS707 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 2:35 am

Meh. Dame’s attitude towards Steph has been a turn-off for me. For what it would cost I’m out.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,149

Post#15 » by cpower » Fri Jun 4, 2021 2:41 am

gst8 wrote:Meh. Dame’s attitude towards Steph has been a turn-off for me. For what it would cost I’m out.

he is also not doing much other than putting scores on the board. if we want to win, Curry will have to do all the small things (rebounding, defense, setting up others) to help Dame just like he did to KD. I dont want Curry ever to take a back seat to anyone at this point of his career.

imagine Curry drawing double team and free up Dame for wide open threes and Dame ends up winning that FMVP...smh that sux
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#16 » by killmongrel » Fri Jun 4, 2021 11:45 am

Just to entertain the idea even though I'm not a big fan of it nor do I think it has a chance in hell at all in happening, but do you guys think that after we've given up the kitchen sink to get him, can the Warriors win with a roster of Lillard, Steph, JTA, Draymond, and Looney while Klay rehabs? I'm guessing Poole is gone. So with that roster, would we be able to convince ring chasing vets to come for the MLE and or vet minimums?
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,234

Post#17 » by Impuniti » Fri Jun 4, 2021 12:54 pm

He's a terrible fit, but a great player. Do I think the Warriors win if they give up everything for him? No.
northoakland510
Starter
And1: 607

Post#18 » by northoakland510 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 2:33 pm

I'll pass on that.
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#19 » by marthafokker » Fri Jun 4, 2021 6:20 pm

How about a 3 way trade?
LAL gets a player they hope for.
They JUST have to give up their injury prone star in AD to the Dubbs.
Portland gets to rebuild with Dubbs assets.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
HiRez
RealGM

Post#20 » by HiRez » Fri Jun 4, 2021 9:57 pm

cpower wrote:imagine Curry drawing double team and free up Dame for wide open threes and Dame ends up winning that FMVP...smh that sux

That's the thing though, if he's got Lillard and Klay around him, he's not going to be double-teamed much, you can't. Everyone is going to get open shots. 3 elite shooters/scorers and Draymond ready to get it to any of them. And someone else waiting to dunk? And yes, I do think you could pull in some ring-chasing vets with that lineup. Not saying it would work, I'm not even really advocating for it, but it would be a terrible lineup to try to defend.

Return to Golden State Warriors