ImageImageImageImageImage

East 1st Round - Game #5: Bullets @ 76ers 7 PM (NBA TV/NBCSW/1500 AM)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

WILL A DOC RIVERS TEAM LOSE ANOTHER GAME UP 3-1?

YES
50%
NO
50%

Total votes: 12

Silvie Lysandra
Starter
And1: 365

Re: East 1st Round - Game #5: Bullets @ 76ers 7 PM (NBA TV/NBCSW/1500 AM) 

Post#161 » by Silvie Lysandra » Thu Jun 3, 2021 1:40 am

Not trading Bradley Beal is going to go down as a franchise altering mistake.

He's just not that good.

He's a 2nd or even 3rd option on a contender.
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Post#162 » by 80sballboy » Thu Jun 3, 2021 1:40 am

smoothSeph wrote:
prime1time wrote:I think Beal and the organization need to take some time and decide if we should move forward with Beal. My opinon has always been the same if Beal wants to stay, I'm for building around him. If he wants to leave, I'm for trading him and rebuilding.

We don't win with Beal as our best player. I personally think its time to move on.

I was fine with it last year, but I'd rather trade both guys and start young. If you can get 2-3 quality young players and a draft pick for Beal-do it.
Tyrone Messby
Bench Warmer
And1: 417

Post#163 » by Tyrone Messby » Thu Jun 3, 2021 1:40 am

We just got SMOKED by a Sixers team missing their best player. This is pathetic and I place the blame on Russ and Beal. We are going no where with these two. It was a fun season and Westbrook was something else to watch this season, but we need to shake up this roster big time.
Frichuela
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,927

Post#164 » by Frichuela » Thu Jun 3, 2021 1:40 am

Shut up Consor: “Scott Brooks made good adjustments as well” :lol:
thebigE
Junior
And1: 90

Post#165 » by thebigE » Thu Jun 3, 2021 1:41 am

80sballboy wrote:
thebigE wrote:
80sballboy wrote:
There are a lot of guys better than Brooks out there. I bet they go Wes Unseld Jr. or something like that. But anybody but Brooks at this point whose act has grown tiresome.

Who takes the job? They wasted $35 million on Brooks for five years. I think a lot of people would take that.

I disagree. No one elite takes the job. Similar to no elite free agent comes to DC

I didn't say elite. You want to keep Scott Brooks? How do you know a Sam Cassell or a Wes Unseld Jr. might be a very good coach if they were given the chance? I don't know what you mean by elite. There are how many elite coaches out there? FIve or six? Brooks is bad. On his best nights mediocre. Time for a change and I don't care if the guy is elite. We just need good. Was Nick Nurse elite? Nobody knew who the f-ck he was when he was an assistant.

No, they should move from Brooks. But. I fear the replacement really isn’t much better. In other words the franchise is doomed.
Silvie Lysandra
Starter
And1: 365

Post#166 » by Silvie Lysandra » Thu Jun 3, 2021 1:41 am

dcstanley wrote:Remember how quickly folks buried Wall in favor of Westbrook because of Westbrook's regular season performances? I don't think Wall has ever had a series this bad.

Doesn't really matter. Wall looks physically cooked and he was honestly a #3 guy on a contender as well.

The last legit championship level star we've had was peak Arenas.
80sballboy
RealGM

Post#167 » by 80sballboy » Thu Jun 3, 2021 1:41 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Tyrone Messby
Bench Warmer

Post#168 » by Tyrone Messby » Thu Jun 3, 2021 1:42 am

The Wizards way will be to keep Beal and then lose him in free agency.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#169 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Jun 3, 2021 1:42 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Beal and Westbrook 43FGAs
The rest of the Wizards 31FGAs

Those two 17-43
The rest 21-35
Bye bye Beal.
Frichuela
Lead Assistant

Post#170 » by Frichuela » Thu Jun 3, 2021 1:44 am

Tyrone Messby wrote:The Wizards way will be to keep Beal and then lose him in free agency.

I fear this….
Tyrone Messby
Bench Warmer

Post#171 » by Tyrone Messby » Thu Jun 3, 2021 1:45 am

Dang they even ran the shot clock out on us. How embarrassing.
Frichuela
Lead Assistant

Post#172 » by Frichuela » Thu Jun 3, 2021 1:46 am

Consor: “Brooks has done a terrific job this year” …what is this clown on? :lol:
RealGM

Post#173 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Jun 3, 2021 1:47 am

This would not be a bad time for Beal to demand a trade.
Bye bye Beal.
prime1time
Analyst
And1: 1,868

Post#174 » by prime1time » Thu Jun 3, 2021 1:47 am

Frichuela wrote:
80sballboy wrote:Pathetic performance in the second half. Not all on Brooks. Beal and Westbrook needed to lead this team and they disappeared when it mattered. They put up numbers, but they were hollow.

This. 100%. Beal’s performance on D has been pathetic

Beal's performance defensively hasn't been good but we need to stop perpetuating the myth that defense comes down to effort. THe 76ers always have shooting on the floor. Korkmaz, Curry, Green, Hill, Harris, Scott. They are diagrammed to be hard to stop. In situations like that effort matters, but only so much. You simply cannot have non-defenders on the floor like Neto and Ish, because you can't help. So simply saying that Beal's defensive efforts wasn't good implies that all that needs to be fixed is more effort. This isn't an effort issue. We need bigger, larger players who can both shoot 3's and guard in space

Also we didn't lose because of Beal's defense. We lost because we have rotational players who are absolute liabilities in space. In addition, we have lineups with no 3-point shooting. Give credit where credit is due. Doc Rivers put together a game-planned designed to beat us and his team implemented it to perfection. This is way bigger than playing good defense or bad defense. When a team has 3-point shooting, you need people who can defend in space. And when a team doesn't have 3-point shooters, you make them pay by packing the paint and overloading on their best scorers.
Frichuela
Lead Assistant

Post#175 » by Frichuela » Thu Jun 3, 2021 1:51 am

prime1time wrote:
Frichuela wrote:
80sballboy wrote:Pathetic performance in the second half. Not all on Brooks. Beal and Westbrook needed to lead this team and they disappeared when it mattered. They put up numbers, but they were hollow.

This. 100%. Beal’s performance on D has been pathetic

Beal's performance defensively hasn't been good but we need to stop perpetuating the myth that defense comes down to effort. THe 76ers always have shooting on the floor. Korkmaz, Curry, Green, Hill, Harris, Scott. They are diagrammed to be hard to stop. In situations like that effort matters, but only so much. You simply cannot have non-defenders on the floor like Neto and Ish, because you can't help. So simply saying that Beal's defensive efforts wasn't good implies that all that needs to be fixed is more effort. This isn't an effort issue. We need bigger, larger players who can both shoot 3's and guard in space

Also we didn't lose because of Beal's defense. We lost because we have rotational players who are absolute liabilities in space. In addition, we have lineups with no 3-point shooting. Give credit where credit is due. Doc Rivers put together a game-planned designed to beat us and his team implemented it to perfection. This is way bigger than playing good defense or bad defense. When a team has 3-point shooting, you need people who can defend in space. And when a team doesn't have 3-point shooters, you make them pay by packing the paint and overloading on their best scorers.

Don’t disagree with many of your points but Beal’s defense is pretty bad. Look at his advanced defensive metrics vs other stars…one of the worst top players without a doubt.
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,011

Post#176 » by Dark Faze » Thu Jun 3, 2021 1:51 am

This team would have been better off with not making the playoffs. This series has completely exposed how hopeless the future is with this core.

I’m glad we got “get back in the playoffs” checked off the list though so that terribly low bar gets raised higher for next year.
RealGM

Post#177 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Jun 3, 2021 1:53 am

80sballboy wrote:
smoothSeph wrote:
prime1time wrote:I think Beal and the organization need to take some time and decide if we should move forward with Beal. My opinon has always been the same if Beal wants to stay, I'm for building around him. If he wants to leave, I'm for trading him and rebuilding.

We don't win with Beal as our best player. I personally think its time to move on.

I was fine with it last year, but I'd rather trade both guys and start young. If you can get 2-3 quality young players and a draft pick for Beal-do it.

Me, too.

It would be better to move both of them.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#178 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Jun 3, 2021 1:55 am

Dark Faze wrote:This team would have been better off with not making the playoffs. This series has completely exposed how hopeless the future is with this core.

I’m glad we got “get back in the playoffs” checked off the list though so that terribly low bar gets raised higher for next year.

Making the playoffs was not a good thing because the two so-called leaders did not play well. What was gained?

Three blowouts and one charitable win.
Bye bye Beal.
thebigE
Junior
And1: 90

Post#179 » by thebigE » Thu Jun 3, 2021 1:56 am

Dark Faze wrote:This team would have been better off with not making the playoffs. This series has completely exposed how hopeless the future is with this core.

Until I hear the organization discuss winning a championship versus the current and historical narrative of making the playoffs, I expect the bar will remain the same.
80sballboy
RealGM

Post#180 » by 80sballboy » Thu Jun 3, 2021 1:58 am

Agree, but are you going to tell players not to try? Whatever Beal wants, Beal gets because Ted is catering to him so he might stay. He wanted Gafford and he got him. But beating Indiana to play the No. 1 seed and the only reason you didn't get swept was that their top player was injured. Was it worth it to make the playoffs for the first time in a few years and miss out on a lottery pick? I hate to be diplomatic because even if had missed the playoffs, we weren't going to luck box into a top 10 pick. What we really need is a new GM to pick a new coach, but that's not likely to happen.

Return to Washington Wizards