Trade Discussion 22/23

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Re: Trade Discussion 20/21 

Post#1401 » by arkuo » Mon May 31, 2021 3:56 pm

HMFFL wrote:
arkuo wrote:Would you trade KP for Kemba Walker straight up?

And given that it's Danny Ainge, Cuban would add two first rounders and offer to wash his car.

Another option is to have Atlanta sign and trade John Collins to the max then trade him for KP. Atlanta doesnt lose Collins for nothing. They get a big man who pairs well with Capela. Dallas gets more scoring from the C/PF position. Plain and simple.

What's your take on a John Collins - Richaun Holmes front court tandem?
Atlanta has no interest in KP.
The Hawks drafted Onyeka Okongwu with the 6th overall pick in last year's draft. He will be the future 4 if the Hawks don't match offer(s) for John Collins.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

Yeah, you're right.

Haven't watched a lot fo ATL games lately. Has Collins earned a max contract with his play this year?
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#1402 » by HMFFL » Thu Jun 3, 2021 2:56 am

arkuo wrote:
HMFFL wrote:
arkuo wrote:Would you trade KP for Kemba Walker straight up?

And given that it's Danny Ainge, Cuban would add two first rounders and offer to wash his car.

Another option is to have Atlanta sign and trade John Collins to the max then trade him for KP. Atlanta doesnt lose Collins for nothing. They get a big man who pairs well with Capela. Dallas gets more scoring from the C/PF position. Plain and simple.

What's your take on a John Collins - Richaun Holmes front court tandem?
Atlanta has no interest in KP.
The Hawks drafted Onyeka Okongwu with the 6th overall pick in last year's draft. He will be the future 4 if the Hawks don't match offer(s) for John Collins.

Yeah, you're right.

Haven't watched a lot fo ATL games lately. Has Collins earned a max contract with his play this year?

No, but I expect a team to give it to him.
It won't be a good look for Atlanta if they let him go after making the playoffs and so far having success. It may make sense to Atlanta, but the casual basketball fans are probably not aware of Onyeka Okongwu, who will be a future all-star.

arkuo
General Manager

Post#1403 » by arkuo » Thu Jun 3, 2021 10:13 am

Porzingis for Gordon Hayward. Who says no?

Charlotte is desperately in need of a big man, with Rozier, Graham and Lamelo all playing like guards.

Hayward's contract lasts as long as Porzingis'.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,339

Post#1404 » by Mavrelous » Thu Jun 3, 2021 10:15 am

It's been suggested on the trade board and generally accepted by both teams, I'd do it.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
arkuo
General Manager

Post#1405 » by arkuo » Thu Jun 3, 2021 10:22 am

KhalilS wrote:It's been suggested on the trade board and generally accepted by both teams, I'd do it.

Yeah considering how the Mavs lack so much offensive firepower, as shown earlier, with Luka assisting on 84% of the Mavs offense, you need more players who are able to create on their own and not just stand outside the 3 point line, waiting for a pass. Luka will break his back carrying a team of G-Leaguers.

Also, it is also noticeable how KP's athleticism has completely vacated his body. I'm not putting hopes on it coming back. He's heavier now than he was during his rookie year. He won't be able to do those spin move dunks to the basket anymore, so it's up to him to develop new moves like Dirk. Post up fadeaways are a great use for his high release. No one can block a 7'3 jump shooter who releases the ball above his head.

A move like this needs to be followed by a replacement big man though. Mavs need to chase Olynyk or Holmes down hard.

C- Holmes / Boban / WCS
PF- Kleber / Powell
SF- Hayward / DFS
SG- THJ / Green
PG - Doncic / Brunson

You upgrade 2 starting spots with Hayward and Holmes. I can live with that.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,856

Post#1406 » by dirkules_41 » Thu Jun 3, 2021 2:01 pm

arkuo wrote:Porzingis for Gordon Hayward. Who says no?

Charlotte is desperately in need of a big man, with Rozier, Graham and Lamelo all playing like guards.

I wouldn't do it without a significant sweetener. KP influences the game on defense even when he plays like garbage simply by being a 7'3 obstacle with 7'6 wingspan or so. Hayward is just as average but plays no substantial defense.
gottamakeit
Sixth Man
And1: 1,393

Post#1407 » by gottamakeit » Thu Jun 3, 2021 7:42 pm

arkuo wrote:Porzingis for Gordon Hayward. Who says no?

Charlotte most definitely says no...
cupcakesnake wrote:...no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it
Oscar9992
Analyst
And1: 2,927

Post#1408 » by Oscar9992 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 4:40 am

I think Blazers will want to trade a lot of players after their 1'st round exit. I heard they want to get rid of a lot of players, like Cj McCollum for example. Nurkic isn't sure about his future in Blazers too.

What about KP - CJ McCollum trade?
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#1409 » by ejs78 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 6:02 am

Nurkic out there saying he'd be back in the right situation lol

My current list of teams that need to shake things up to varying levels

Pelicans
Pacers
Kings
Blazers
Celtics
Oscar9992 wrote:I think Blazers will want to trade a lot of players after their 1'st round exit. I heard they want to get rid of a lot of players, like Cj McCollum for example. Nurkic isn't sure about his future in Blazers too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man
And1: 540

Post#1410 » by DJ_3_Ball » Fri Jun 4, 2021 6:50 am

Oscar9992 wrote:I think Blazers will want to trade a lot of players after their 1'st round exit. I heard they want to get rid of a lot of players, like Cj McCollum for example. Nurkic isn't sure about his future in Blazers too.

I'd be interested in Kanter as a FA, for a reasonable price.

Edit: I'd be interested in McCollum for KP too obv, but I doubt POR wants to do that.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#1411 » by Mavrelous » Fri Jun 4, 2021 6:53 am

KP/Brunson/DFS for CJ/Nurk/DJJ could work if the Blazers wanted to gamble on KP, I doubt they'd do it, their main problems are defensive and this doesn't solve any problem they have, AND it comes with a big risk.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
arkuo
General Manager

Post#1412 » by arkuo » Fri Jun 4, 2021 7:15 am

CJ - THJ - Luka is a lineup that won't defend anyone. Given that the West has strong guards like Booker and Donovan Mitchell, I was thinking in the lines of Lonzo Ball. A pesky defender that is 6'7 but can switch on guards.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#1413 » by Mavrelous » Fri Jun 4, 2021 7:28 am

Lonzo Ball is the most overrated defender in the league.
arkuo
General Manager

Post#1414 » by arkuo » Fri Jun 4, 2021 9:21 am

KhalilS wrote:Lonzo Ball is the most overrated defender in the league.

Given Donnie's track record of signing these guys, we could have used exrtra bodies like Iwundu and James Johnson this series. Instead, Mavs preferred to have JJ Reddick on the payroll. Paying him to produce youtube podcasts and getting him more views.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#1415 » by Mavrelous » Fri Jun 4, 2021 9:25 am

arkuo wrote:

Given Donnie's track record of signing these guys, we could have used exrtra bodies like Iwundu and James Johnson this series. Instead, Mavs preferred to have JJ Reddick on the payroll. Paying him to produce youtube podcasts and getting him more views.

I hated the deal back then specifically for this reason, but loved it afterwards, I'm of the tiny minority who like Melli, and JJ was a good veteran presence, but now with JJ out, it sucks again, it sucks even more, because I would've loved throwing JJ (Karate JJ, not podcast JJ) to spank Marcus Morris a little.
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man

Post#1416 » by DJ_3_Ball » Fri Jun 4, 2021 1:16 pm

arkuo wrote:CJ - THJ - Luka is a lineup that won't defend anyone. Given that the West has strong guards like Booker and Donovan Mitchell, I was thinking in the lines of Lonzo Ball. A pesky defender that is 6'7 but can switch on guards.

I heard the Bucks/Nets series described as a battle for the future of the NBA. The idea being the Bucks FO built their team in a conventional style. Defenders, Scorers, etc. Well-rounded. The Nets said we're going to score 145 and see if you can match us. I think it was Windhorst who said if the Nets are successful with this style, then a lot of teams around the league will probably copy it. Because why not, it's easier to only have to build one side of the ball.

Luka can't be stopped. I would like to see Thybulle guard him for an entire game and see how much he's able to slow him down. Actually a Thybulle, Simmons combination, giving different looks with Embiid to roam the paint. That's about the best the NBA can do. I'm sure Luka would have some down games, but also torch the 76ers on occasion.

There aren't very many teams who can defend like that. So, if you're Dallas, maybe you try to copy the Nets plan and don't defend anyone. Just try to score 130 to 145+ every night. 80s basketball!
arkuo
General Manager

Post#1417 » by arkuo » Fri Jun 4, 2021 1:44 pm

DJ_3_Ball wrote:There aren't very many teams who can defend like that. So, if you're Dallas, maybe you try to copy the Nets plan and don't defend anyone. Just try to score 130 to 145+ every night. 80s basketball!

I'm intrigued by this. See, a guy like Zach Lavine, averages like 27ppg can really push the offense all the way up. Might be available too. Lavine and Luka share the same agent. Duffy would be dumb to leave Lavine rotting in Chitown if the other option was join the future of the NBA.
boogiezen
Senior
And1: 410

Post#1418 » by boogiezen » Fri Jun 4, 2021 1:55 pm

arkuo wrote:

Donnie didn't even look at his medical. LMAO.
Maybe it's better not to be the best. Then you can lose and it's OK. - Searching for Bobby Fischer (1993)
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man

Post#1419 » by DJ_3_Ball » Fri Jun 4, 2021 2:02 pm

arkuo wrote:
DJ_3_Ball wrote:There aren't very many teams who can defend like that. So, if you're Dallas, maybe you try to copy the Nets plan and don't defend anyone. Just try to score 130 to 145+ every night. 80s basketball!

I'm intrigued by this. See, a guy like Zach Lavine, averages like 27ppg can really push the offense all the way up. Might be available too. Lavine and Luka share the same agent. Duffy would be dumb to leave Lavine rotting in Chitown if the other option was join the future of the NBA.

I'd be all for signing LaVine, and he's on the last year of his deal next season. The problem is I don't think Chicago traded for Vucevic just so they can move on from LaVine. He's the piece they want to build around.

Now, could you get the Bulls to take a deal like Brunson, Josh Green, and two future 1sts, IF LaVine lets them know he's not going to resign with Chicago? I could see it, but LaVine would have to want to leave. Then you're mortaging your future a bit to hope LaVine will resign with you. It's a lot like the KP trade. People criticize the Mavs for the contract they gave KP, but if you make the trade & give up that much, then you're offering that max extension or you don't do the trade in the first place.

I have been hearing several NBA players recently rank LaVine as one of the toughest covers in the league. He's just turned 26 last month, has a lot of good basketball still in front of him. His best years most likely. I'd be all for it, but question whether it's attainable.
arkuo
General Manager

Post#1420 » by arkuo » Fri Jun 4, 2021 2:13 pm

DJ_3_Ball wrote:
arkuo wrote:

I'd be all for signing LaVine, and he's on the last year of his deal next season. The problem is I don't think Chicago traded for Vucevic just so they can move on from LaVine. He's the piece they want to build around.

Now, could you get the Bulls to take a deal like Brunson, Josh Green, and two future 1sts, IF LaVine lets them know he's not going to resign with Chicago? I could see it, but LaVine would have to want to leave. Then you're mortaging your future a bit to hope LaVine will resign with you. It's a lot like the KP trade. People criticize the Mavs for the contract they gave KP, but if you make the trade & give up that much, then you're offering that max extension or you don't do the trade in the first place.

I have been hearing several NBA players recently rank LaVine as one of the toughest covers in the league. He's just turned 26 last month, has a lot of good basketball still in front of him. His best years most likely. I'd be all for it, but question whether it's attainable.

Lavine might cost a re-signed THJ and 2 firsts. If the Bulls arent confident of keeping Lavine in Chicago. He's UFA next year, he can pack up and leave.

Return to Dallas Mavericks