ImageImageImage

Playoffs 20/21 - G5 - Mavs @ Clippers (Wed., 10 PM EST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

agentofatlas
Sixth Man
And1: 983

Re: Playoffs 20/21 - G5 - Mavs @ Clippers (Wed., 10 PM EST) 

Post#141 » by agentofatlas » Thu Jun 3, 2021 6:07 am

XTraderXL wrote:Powell was the key today. Without him the Mavs would get blown out in the 3rd. He came in, stopped the bleeding and kept setting good screens for Luka for easy buckets. Thats when they went on that 25-5 run which gave them a 14pt lead. I think that was what won them the game in the end. Clippers looked great until Powell checked in.

Yeah. A good pnr big is so crucial to Rick's offense.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,034

Post#142 » by Mavrelous » Thu Jun 3, 2021 6:09 am

Just finished watching the replay, they almost blew it, I may have had a heart attack watching it live.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Baz
Rookie
And1: 1,564

Post#143 » by Baz » Thu Jun 3, 2021 6:20 am

ejs78 wrote:Can we fire Carlisle before game 6

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

Why?
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#144 » by arkuo » Thu Jun 3, 2021 7:55 am

Rick is probably auditioning for that Boston Celtics head coaching vacancy.
RingColluder
Pro Prospect
And1: 240

Post#145 » by RingColluder » Thu Jun 3, 2021 8:29 am

You guys are just flat out great. Serves most of our "fan base" right for being so arrogant heading into the series. All of the arrogance and cockiness about how our team looked heading into the playoffs has disappeared and people on our board are pretending like they never said anything lol. Go figure.

We have way better talent, but you the better coach and at this point Luka is outplaying Kawhi.

Imagine if you had a real max player rather than Porzingis who could not be worse if he tried. I'd honestly take even KAT over him at this point. But other than that I wouldn't be shocked at all for you guys to compete nicely with the Jazz.

The fact that we had to rely on scrub Reggie to save us in the 3rd, and yet Porzingis/Hardaway STILL weren't playing good and you won is very concerning to me heading into game 6. It was a total battle until PG made that foolish 4th foul that shifted the entire game. Not even the TO's, that changed the game imo.

Smart to play Boban and Porzingis together but Batum held his own for the most part.

I sadly think Friday will be a blowout win for you guys. I think our mental toughness is awful (we are frontrunners) and Kawhi looks gassed. Great job. Basketball gods were pissed we threw the last 2 to avoid the Lakers and play you.

And for all the criticism I see Luka take from you guys on this board... I can't think of a single player in his prime LeBron, Giannis or otherwise (maybe KD) that I'd want to build my team around more than him.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#146 » by Mavrelous » Thu Jun 3, 2021 9:30 am

**** the General Board, the jinx is back in full force.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#147 » by arkuo » Thu Jun 3, 2021 9:41 am

KhalilS wrote:**** the General Board, the jinx is back in full force.

What jinx?
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#148 » by Mavrelous » Thu Jun 3, 2021 9:54 am

arkuo wrote:
KhalilS wrote:**** the General Board, the jinx is back in full force.

What jinx?

After going up 2-0, they started threads of Mavs going to the finals, Luka is the GOAT, etc... And the Mavs lost, after being 2-2, Clippers were back to favourites and the threads changed accordingly, now it's back the other way.
oldshoolballer
Starter
And1: 2,574

Post#149 » by oldshoolballer » Thu Jun 3, 2021 11:55 am

Boban was a key piece tonight . No way they win this game without him. Shout out to Powell as well.
JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Post#150 » by JD45 » Thu Jun 3, 2021 12:45 pm

Something must be wrong with KP.

Last night he was passing up shots if he has contested at all. Maybe his confidence is just totally blown or maybe he is hurting. Or maybe has just given up. Everybody has bad games, but last night looked like more than that.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
Archx
General Manager
And1: 7,764

Post#151 » by Archx » Thu Jun 3, 2021 1:11 pm

JD45 wrote:Something must be wrong with KP.

Last night he was passing up shots if he has contested at all. Maybe his confidence is just totally blown or maybe he is hurting. Or maybe has just given up. Everybody has bad games, but last night looked like more than that.

Well, he had a quality cardio day. Have to stay in shape for the ladieeees.
Darren
RealGM
And1: 823

Post#152 » by Darren » Thu Jun 3, 2021 3:50 pm

oldshoolballer wrote:Boban was a key piece tonight . No way they win this game without him. Shout out to Powell as well.

Exactly, Boban's presence wear out Kawhi big time. I think the margin will increase in game 6. Clippers has no answer to Boban. Don't get me wrong. Batum is truefully not any answer if the spacing is right.

I think the adjustment is right. With KP on the floor, the Mavs has to play on half-court set. And the presence of Boban gives a lot of space for Doncic to operate in paint.

But still, this game is ugly. I wonder if I'm watching San Antonio against San Antonio at times.
fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Post#153 » by fuller4379 » Thu Jun 3, 2021 4:13 pm

Yesterday was - Luka and THJ, your job is to shoot.
KP - Stand in the corner and look tall.
Everyone else - Stop Leonard and PG13.
Torgeir Bryn
Pro Prospect
And1: 657

Post#154 » by Torgeir Bryn » Thu Jun 3, 2021 4:31 pm

After he just made some huge adjustments that was key to them once again taking the lead in a series as a big underdog?
Like what? Why?
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man
And1: 540

Post#155 » by DJ_3_Ball » Thu Jun 3, 2021 4:46 pm

RingColluder wrote:You guys are just flat out great. Serves most of our "fan base" right for being so arrogant heading into the series. All of the arrogance and cockiness about how our team looked heading into the playoffs has disappeared and people on our board are pretending like they never said anything lol. Go figure.

We have way better talent, but you the better coach and at this point Luka is outplaying Kawhi.

Imagine if you had a real max player rather than Porzingis who could not be worse if he tried. I'd honestly take even KAT over him at this point. But other than that I wouldn't be shocked at all for you guys to compete nicely with the Jazz.

The fact that we had to rely on scrub Reggie to save us in the 3rd, and yet Porzingis/Hardaway STILL weren't playing good and you won is very concerning to me heading into game 6. It was a total battle until PG made that foolish 4th foul that shifted the entire game. Not even the TO's, that changed the game imo.

Smart to play Boban and Porzingis together but Batum held his own for the most part.

I sadly think Friday will be a blowout win for you guys. I think our mental toughness is awful (we are frontrunners) and Kawhi looks gassed. Great job. Basketball gods were pissed we threw the last 2 to avoid the Lakers and play you.

And for all the criticism I see Luka take from you guys on this board... I can't think of a single player in his prime LeBron, Giannis or otherwise (maybe KD) that I'd want to build my team around more than him.

I think you're being too fearful, as would I if I were a Clippers fan, because this series isn't over. Mavs haven't blown out the Clippers all series. Even when they play exceptional, they have a period where they let the Clippers back in it.

Two things are certain at this point of the series. A) When healthy, the Clippers have no answer for Luka Doncic, and B) the Mavs cannot keep the Clippers from scoring at the rim, unless they go to a zone with their to 7 ft+ defenders, and that just opens up the 3 point line.

Mavs have the advantage because they get 2 cracks at it, but this will come down to who is hotter behind the 3 point line. If the Mavs get hot like they were in games 1 & 2, then ya'll are toast. If the Mavs go cold like they were in game 4, then we're done.

I do think the Clippers frontrunners mentality is a concern, but all they need is to get a lead in game 6 and get hot & they'll be back to feeling confident. Luka also has to do so much work for this team that by the 4Q he has very little left. Mavs need the lead after 1Q, and they need a 8-10+ pt lead going into the 4th quarter. If the Clippers are within 2 or 3 points or have the lead going into the 4Q on Friday night, I will be very concerned.
walaysapi
Freshman
And1: 69

Post#156 » by walaysapi » Thu Jun 3, 2021 5:38 pm

Read on Twitter

Jesus Christ... KP and the rest of the team needs to step up big time if we are to win this series.
Shut it down! Let's go home!!!
MrGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,075

Post#157 » by MrGoat » Thu Jun 3, 2021 5:47 pm

Heezzi wrote:
agentofatlas wrote:
KhalilS wrote:
That's a pretty damning stat, back pretty much by what we saw.
We'll see next game, maybe RC should put KP and THJ in the second unit, and move WCS/Boban to play ~25 minutes with Luka, KP opens and close the game only.

Brunson is still no Barea. The playmaking difference is pretty big.

He's not Seth Curry either.

Luka a team best +15 in game 5 to continue this trend. Brunson a team worst -10. I creamed when Porzingis hit that shot to extend the lead to 10 late. All we needed was Timmy to give Luka a little bit of help and KP to even do something to win game 5.
JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Post#158 » by JD45 » Thu Jun 3, 2021 6:23 pm

I still think the Clippers win the series. It just seems so unlikely the Mavs win if Porzingis plays poorly and there are no signs of life there.

But the Mavs are playing hard and giving themselves a chance to get lucky. So hopefully they can grind out a win.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
Archx
General Manager
And1: 7,764

Post#159 » by Archx » Thu Jun 3, 2021 6:24 pm

walaysapi wrote:Jesus Christ... KP and the rest of the team needs to step up big time if we are to win this series.

Read on Twitter
fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Post#160 » by fuller4379 » Thu Jun 3, 2021 9:24 pm

Just imagine how good the Hawks would be with Luka, Capela, Collins, Hunter, and Bogdanovic. Lou Williams and Gallinari coming off the bench.

Return to Dallas Mavericks