ImageImageImage

What would it take to get Bradley Beal in Celtics green?

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

robbie84
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,374

What would it take to get Bradley Beal in Celtics green? 

Post#1 » by robbie84 » Thu Jun 3, 2021 5:04 pm

Other than a minor miracle that is...
We'd obviously have to send out Kemba. So what does Washington need to even pick up the phone?

Let's assume everyone/every pick is on the table except:
Tatum
Brown
Rob W..hmm i guess his injury history isn't great. Sell high?

Do we have anything that they'd take to take back Kemba?
One day Marcus Smart will be defensive player of the year, mark my words.
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Re: What would it take to get Bradley Beal in Celtics green? 

Post#2 » by Feed Your Head » Thu Jun 3, 2021 5:17 pm

It will take Jaylen, and picks, and someone like Romeo.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#3 » by MagicBagley18 » Thu Jun 3, 2021 5:22 pm

Jaylen brown
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,831

Post#4 » by Celts17Pride » Thu Jun 3, 2021 5:34 pm

Patience.
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 13,732

Post#5 » by BK_2020 » Thu Jun 3, 2021 5:38 pm

Go back in time and draft him.
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,050

Post#6 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Thu Jun 3, 2021 5:39 pm

Kemba, Rob, Nesmith, Romeo, like 4 future firsts and 2 swaps might get it going..
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!
OBisHalJordan
Rookie
And1: 892

Post#7 » by OBisHalJordan » Thu Jun 3, 2021 5:40 pm

I really hope Beal is not the person they target. The team needs an all star big to complement Tatum and Brown. Maybe a also a point guard that is more of a facilitator
LarryBirdsFingr
RealGM
And1: 18,455

Post#8 » by LarryBirdsFingr » Thu Jun 3, 2021 5:50 pm

Jaylen plus one of Romeo or Nesmith
I don't believe in statistics. There are too many factors that can't be measured. You can't measure a ballplayer's heart. -Red Auerbach

Marcus Smart is an underrated shooter
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,817

Post#9 » by bucknersrevenge » Thu Jun 3, 2021 6:02 pm

For starters, him actually wanting to leave.
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
themoneyteam2
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,287

Post#10 » by themoneyteam2 » Thu Jun 3, 2021 6:53 pm

Cap space for a max contract
Slax
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,724

Post#11 » by Slax » Thu Jun 3, 2021 7:25 pm

You took our three most valuable assets off the table in a trade for one of the best scorers in the league, so I think the thing that would get Washington to pick up the phone is Beal publicly demanding a trade to Boston and saying he would opt out and sign somewhere else if he doesn't end up in Boston this year. Which as far as I'm aware, is not happening.
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#12 » by ddb » Thu Jun 3, 2021 8:24 pm

The Comedian wrote:It will take Jaylen, and picks, and someone like Romeo.

Highly doubtful Boston would even include Jaylen Brown. But if they would it’s a Brown for Beal straight up swap.

I think more likely it’s a Smart/Nesmith/Thompson/#16/ plus additional 1st rd picks for Beal.
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,125

Post#13 » by Hal14 » Thu Jun 3, 2021 9:16 pm

robbie84 wrote:Other than a minor miracle that is...
We'd obviously have to send out Kemba. So what does Washington need to even pick up the phone?

Let's assume everyone/every pick is on the table except:
Tatum
Brown
Rob

Do we have anything that they'd take to take back Kemba?

I'd be willing to part with Rob if it meant getting Beal...especially given Rob's injury history and the fact that he has not shown he can handle 30 mins a game at the NBA level, ever.

But I'd rather not part with Brown. Trading Brown for Beal defeats the purpose. You need 3 stars to win in this league. We have 2 stars now. If we trade Brown for Beal, we still have 2 stars. 1 of them might be slightly better than the other, but Brown is bigger, younger, better rebounder, just as good defensively, just as good passing and Brown already as years of chemistry built with the Celtics, Beal would be starting from scratch.

I am thinking some combination of:

Rob
Fournier (sign and trade)
Kemba
Smart
Nesmith
Langford
Pritchard
Up to 3 1st round picks

That's 8 assets. You package up 4-5 of them, maybe even 6 and see if Washington will go for it.
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,050

Post#14 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Thu Jun 3, 2021 9:20 pm

ddb wrote:

Highly doubtful Boston would even include Jaylen Brown. But if they would it’s a Brown for Beal straight up swap.

I think more likely it’s a Smart/Nesmith/Thompson/#16/ plus additional 1st rd picks for Beal.

Yuhp. We have to look at a possible Beal trade the way Brooklyn looked at the Harden trade. They didnt jump at it and traded Kyrie for him.. They traded LeVert, Allen and a **** ton of picks. Brown has to be our Kyrie on such a trade or else what's the point?

Beal isn't going to be traded though.. At least not yet. Dude seems very loyal to Washington and has a good head on his shoulder.
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!
Disinformation
Starter
And1: 3,076

Post#15 » by Disinformation » Thu Jun 3, 2021 9:35 pm

BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
ddb wrote:

Yuhp. We have to look at a possible Beal trade the way Brooklyn looked at the Harden trade. They didnt jump at it and traded Kyrie for him.. They traded LeVert, Allen and a **** ton of picks. Brown has to be our Kyrie on such a trade or else what's the point?

Beal isn't going to be traded though.. At least not yet. Dude seems very loyal to Washington and has a good head on his shoulder.

Keeping Brown while getting Beal would be phenomenal from a talent perspective. But what about from a team construction perspective? Three scorers with no facilitator? What am I missing?
Disinformation's Manifesto for the 2021 Offseason

It's a brave new world. No one knows what's going to happen, least of all me.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 56,206

Post#16 » by bisme37 » Thu Jun 3, 2021 9:39 pm

Need our guy JT to do some colluding with his buddy like all the other top players do. If Beal comes out and says he wants to be a Celtic that would really help make it happen.
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,125

Post#17 » by Hal14 » Thu Jun 3, 2021 9:48 pm

Disinformation wrote:
BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
ddb wrote:

Keeping Brown while getting Beal would be phenomenal from a talent perspective. But what about from a team construction perspective? Three scorers with no facilitator? What am I missing?

Rob is a good passer. Smart is a good passer. Then hopefully you add another good passer either via draft (someone like Giddey or Davion Mitchell), free agency/trade (someone like Lonzo Ball, Rondo, CP3 or Rubio) or you bring over Madar and hope he can help be a facilitator (Madar or Giddey would need some time to develop though)..
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,966

Post#18 » by sam_I_am » Thu Jun 3, 2021 9:53 pm

It would take Beal telling the Wizards he is opting out but would accept a trade to Celtics and be willing to opt in if traded to them. It’s that simple.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,220

Post#19 » by djFan71 » Thu Jun 3, 2021 9:53 pm

Kemba, Smart, Nesmith, '21, '23, pick swaps for '22, '24 for Beal and Bertan's crappy contract.
Disinformation
Starter
And1: 3,076

Post#20 » by Disinformation » Thu Jun 3, 2021 9:54 pm

Hal14 wrote:
Disinformation wrote:
BRUNiNHO91 wrote:

Rob is a good passer. Smart is a good passer. Then hopefully you add another good passer either via draft (someone like Giddey or Davion Mitchell), free agency/trade (someone like Lonzo Ball, Rondo, CP3 or Rubio) or you bring over Madar and hope he can help be a facilitator (Madar or Giddey would need some time to develop though)..

Wait so now we're keeping Tatum, Brown, Smart, and Rob? How do we get Beal then?

But yeah, the answer is we bring another player(s). Easier said than done after we've given assets to get Beal, though.
Disinformation's Manifesto for the 2021 Offseason

It's a brave new world. No one knows what's going to happen, least of all me.

Return to Boston Celtics