ImageImageImage

What would it take to get Bradley Beal in Celtics green?

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

MaxwellSmart
Head Coach
And1: 2,098

Re: What would it take to get Bradley Beal in Celtics green? 

Post#21 » by MaxwellSmart » Thu Jun 3, 2021 10:00 pm

djFan71 wrote:Kemba, Smart, Nesmith, '21, '23, pick swaps for '22, '24 for Beal and Bertan's crappy contract.

Great, but I dunno if I can look at Bertans sad face all the time.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,170

Post#22 » by djFan71 » Thu Jun 3, 2021 10:03 pm

MaxwellSmart wrote:
djFan71 wrote:Kemba, Smart, Nesmith, '21, '23, pick swaps for '22, '24 for Beal and Bertan's crappy contract.

Great, but I dunno if I can look at Bertans sad face all the time.

True. But, I dunno that you have to worry about it, lol. I doubt WAS goes for it.
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#23 » by BostonCouchGM » Thu Jun 3, 2021 10:16 pm

Hal14 wrote:
robbie84 wrote:Other than a minor miracle that is...
We'd obviously have to send out Kemba. So what does Washington need to even pick up the phone?

Let's assume everyone/every pick is on the table except:
Tatum
Brown
Rob

Do we have anything that they'd take to take back Kemba?

I'd be willing to part with Rob if it meant getting Beal...especially given Rob's injury history and the fact that he has not shown he can handle 30 mins a game at the NBA level, ever.

But I'd rather not part with Brown. Trading Brown for Beal defeats the purpose. You need 3 stars to win in this league. We have 2 stars now. If we trade Brown for Beal, we still have 2 stars. 1 of them might be slightly better than the other, but Brown is bigger, younger, better rebounder, just as good defensively, just as good passing and Brown already as years of chemistry built with the Celtics, Beal would be starting from scratch.

I am thinking some combination of:

Rob
Fournier (sign and trade)
Kemba
Smart
Nesmith
Langford
Pritchard
Up to 3 1st round picks

That's 8 assets. You package up 4-5 of them, maybe even 6 and see if Washington will go for it.

Rob is so very overrated by this fanbase. He's constantly injured and averaged a whopping 8-7 for us this season...his "breakout" season btw. Of course you include him in a trade for Beal should they want him in the return package.

We don't currently have two stars. We have one...in Tatum. Jaylen isn't a star. He's a #3 masquerading as a #2 on a .500 team. Beal would give us another star and when you have two stars you have a chance. Any deal for Beal will require Jaylen and more. How much more? Probably at least the 2021 or 2022 first round pick AND a young player like Rob, Nesmith, Pritchard or Langford. And to get a superstar like Beal, to pair with Tatum which might keep him happy and here for another decade, it's absolutely worth it.
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,014

Post#24 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Thu Jun 3, 2021 11:45 pm

Disinformation wrote:
BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
ddb wrote:
Highly doubtful Boston would even include Jaylen Brown. But if they would it’s a Brown for Beal straight up swap.

I think more likely it’s a Smart/Nesmith/Thompson/#16/ plus additional 1st rd picks for Beal.

Yuhp. We have to look at a possible Beal trade the way Brooklyn looked at the Harden trade. They didnt jump at it and traded Kyrie for him.. They traded LeVert, Allen and a **** ton of picks. Brown has to be our Kyrie on such a trade or else what's the point?

Beal isn't going to be traded though.. At least not yet. Dude seems very loyal to Washington and has a good head on his shoulder.

Keeping Brown while getting Beal would be phenomenal from a talent perspective. But what about from a team construction perspective? Three scorers with no facilitator? What am I missing?

I feel like Jayson Tatum is easily on his way to being an above average facilitator. Dude made all the right plays and passes this year when he got doubled and tripled, we just didnt have the talent to take advantage. IMO, you put the three together and worry about the rest later.
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,318

Post#25 » by Triple7 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 12:02 am

Jaylen, Romeo and Timelord for Beal and Gafford!
Dogen
RealGM
And1: 9,990

Post#26 » by Dogen » Fri Jun 4, 2021 12:19 am

Kemba, Rob Will, Nesmith (or Romeo, Wiz's choice) + 2 firsts for Beal & Bertans. This only works if Beal says he will opt out and wants the Celtics.

Maybe the Beal, Brown, Tatum troika is not an ideal compliment, skill-wise, as there's lots of iso potential, but that's enough talent to get Brooklyn to at least break a sweat, and it would be up to those three guys to figure it all out with the new coach.

Smart, Beal, Brown, Tatum, Thompson
Pritchard, Romeo, Fournier, Parker, Bertans, G Williams

The rest can go pound sand. Maybe keep Luke around.

Bring over Madar
Hire Kara Lawson
Look to sign someone with SIZE
Hey you! Can we come together?
Dogen
RealGM

Post#27 » by Dogen » Fri Jun 4, 2021 12:22 am

Triple7 wrote:Jaylen, Romeo and Timelord for Beal and Gafford!

I wanted the C's to draft Gafford, would love to have him here with Beal.
Triple7
RealGM

Post#28 » by Triple7 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 12:24 am

Dogen wrote:

I wanted the C's to draft Gafford, would love to have him here with Beal.

Yup same here. He plays aggressive and has a high motor. Good defensively and can post up.
Dogen
RealGM

Post#29 » by Dogen » Fri Jun 4, 2021 12:29 am

Dogen wrote:Kemba, Rob Will, Nesmith (or Romeo, Wiz's choice) + 2 firsts for Beal & Bertans. This only works if Beal says he will opt out and wants the Celtics.

Maybe the Beal, Brown, Tatum troika is not an ideal compliment, skill-wise, as there's lots of iso potential, but that's enough talent to get Brooklyn to at least break a sweat, and it would be up to those three guys to figure it all out with the new coach.

Smart, Beal, Brown, Tatum, Thompson
Pritchard, Romeo, Parker, Bertans, G Williams

The rest can go pound sand. Maybe keep Luke around.

Bring over Madar
Hire Kara Lawson
Look to sign someone with SIZE

Edit: I'm not sure that the team can resign Fournier after this trade, so took him out. I guess Bertans can be the sniper.
moonie_mcgee
Starter
And1: 1,794

Post#30 » by moonie_mcgee » Fri Jun 4, 2021 2:30 am

Kemba, RWilliams, Langford and picks.
Trade our three most injury prone players.
Include Smart if needed.
And take on another one of their players.

If Tatum and Beal are best friends do what's necessary and mark the calendar for the next Nets game!
That's the Way of the World
batabatuta
Pro Prospect
And1: 751

Post#31 » by batabatuta » Fri Jun 4, 2021 2:33 am

ddb wrote:
The Comedian wrote:It will take Jaylen, and picks, and someone like Romeo.

Highly doubtful Boston would even include Jaylen Brown. But if they would it’s a Brown for Beal straight up swap.

I think more likely it’s a Smart/Nesmith/Thompson/#16/ plus additional 1st rd picks for Beal.

Add PP too unfortunately.
moonie_mcgee
Starter

Post#32 » by moonie_mcgee » Fri Jun 4, 2021 2:42 am

:nod: that'd be real nice.
Smart Beal Tatum Gafford
I think Parker could join that 4 with a competent trainer.
Who would you add to that core? Is he on the roster?
I'm thinking more of a front court guy than back court.
moonie_mcgee
Starter

Post#33 » by moonie_mcgee » Fri Jun 4, 2021 2:53 am

BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
Disinformation wrote:
BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
Yuhp. We have to look at a possible Beal trade the way Brooklyn looked at the Harden trade. They didnt jump at it and traded Kyrie for him.. They traded LeVert, Allen and a **** ton of picks. Brown has to be our Kyrie on such a trade or else what's the point?

Beal isn't going to be traded though.. At least not yet. Dude seems very loyal to Washington and has a good head on his shoulder.

Keeping Brown while getting Beal would be phenomenal from a talent perspective. But what about from a team construction perspective? Three scorers with no facilitator? What am I missing?

I feel like Jayson Tatum is easily on his way to being an above average facilitator. Dude made all the right plays and passes this year when he got doubled and tripled, we just didnt have the talent to take advantage. IMO, you put the three together and worry about the rest later.

I'm not sure Tatum will be more than an adequate facilitator. He's such a natural scorer. I want him scoring 30 ppg this year. He's ready. Have you noticed how he's not hitting the deck as much? Playing through contact. Playing with force. With Beal on the other side of the floor? Watch out.

Edit: and Beal plays with more pace than Tatum and Brown. He'll energize that unit bigtime.
Triple7
RealGM

Post#34 » by Triple7 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 2:59 am

moonie_mcgee wrote:

:nod: that'd be real nice.
Smart Beal Tatum Gafford
I think Parker could join that 4 with a competent trainer.
Who would you add to that core? Is he on the roster?
I'm thinking more of a front court guy than back court.

Maybe they could include bertans then we are set! :D
Smart, Beal, Tatum, bertans and Gafford. That’s one of the best in the league, and a big lineup with inside and outside offense.
Brett43
Junior
And1: 167

Post#35 » by Brett43 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 3:13 am

Disinformation wrote:
BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
ddb wrote:

I don't think you're missing anything. It doesn't make sense. I would much rather trade for Lonzo. Or trade Kemba for Steven Adams since they both have ridiculous salaries. They can have Ojeleye, Edwards, and Grant Williams, too. They might need a new point guard if Lonzo departs for greener pastures other than Boston.

This would be awesome:

Lonzo (sign and trade for $20M) + Steven Adams ($30 M) == Kemba ($37.6M !!!!) + TT ($9.3 M) + CE (1.5) + SO (1.8) + pick
moonie_mcgee
Starter

Post#36 » by moonie_mcgee » Fri Jun 4, 2021 3:34 am

Brett43 wrote:
Disinformation wrote:
BRUNiNHO91 wrote:

I don't think you're missing anything. It doesn't make sense. I would much rather trade for Lonzo. Or trade Kemba for Steven Adams since they both have ridiculous salaries. They can have Ojeleye, Edwards, and Grant Williams, too. They might need a new point guard if Lonzo departs for greener pastures other than Boston.

This would be awesome:

Lonzo (sign and trade for $20M) + Steven Adams ($30 M) == Kemba ($37.6M !!!!) + TT ($9.3 M) + CE (1.5) + SO (1.8) + pick

That'd significantly improve the team.
Ball bring terrific pace, vision and size at the point, and Adams, at what 27, is a reliable 7 footer and one of the physically strongest players in the league.
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,963

Post#37 » by jfs1000d » Fri Jun 4, 2021 5:44 am

ddb wrote:
The Comedian wrote:It will take Jaylen, and picks, and someone like Romeo.

Its an issue. We don't want to hollow roster, and we don't want to trade brown. I just don't see a realistic deal.

Sent from my KFMAWI using Tapatalk
jfs1000d
RealGM

Post#38 » by jfs1000d » Fri Jun 4, 2021 5:46 am

bisme37 wrote:Need our guy JT to do some colluding with his buddy like all the other top players do. If Beal comes out and says he wants to be a Celtic that would really help make it happen.
This is absolutely what is gonna happen.

jfs1000d
RealGM

Post#39 » by jfs1000d » Fri Jun 4, 2021 5:50 am

moonie_mcgee wrote:
Brett43 wrote:
Disinformation wrote:

This would be awesome:

That'd significantly improve the team.
Ball bring terrific pace, vision and size at the point, and Adams, at what 27, is a reliable 7 footer and one of the physically strongest players in the league.
I want ball here, but that doesn't improve team. Who replaces kembas scoring?

KGboss
RealGM
And1: 10,097

Post#40 » by KGboss » Fri Jun 4, 2021 10:19 am

I'd rather have lillard

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Return to Boston Celtics