ImageImageImage

Playoffs 20/21 - G6 - Mavs vs Clippers (Friday, 9PM EST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 35,593

Playoffs 20/21 - G6 - Mavs vs Clippers (Friday, 9PM EST) 

Post#1 » by Dirk » Thu Jun 3, 2021 11:34 pm

Believe.
60/21/10
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,896

Re: Playoffs 20/21 - G6 - Mavs vs Clippers (Friday, 9PM EST) 

Post#2 » by HMFFL » Fri Jun 4, 2021 12:09 am

Mavs are a 2pt home dog tomorrow. Go MAVS

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,795

Post#3 » by dirkforpres » Fri Jun 4, 2021 12:09 am

#Breakthecycle

Please win at home. PLEASE!
FIRE JASON KIDD
Darren
RealGM
And1: 823

Post#4 » by Darren » Fri Jun 4, 2021 1:38 am

The Mavs has to cut down turnovers, limit fastbreak opportunities and play great help defense to win the tempo controlling battle. I'm no little surprise about the 3 consecutive no-show from Brunson. I'd consider Rose a good addition in offseason for now. I kinda like how the smurf contributed in game 5 & 6.
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#5 » by arkuo » Fri Jun 4, 2021 3:31 am

Lue will have time to make adjustments. Hope Carlisle has another rabbit to pull out of his hat. Signs point to the Mavs still employing the zone.

Just get this done. Close it out. Gobert is a better match up for Porzingis. But win this series first.
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man
And1: 540

Post#6 » by DJ_3_Ball » Fri Jun 4, 2021 5:45 am

I feel like the Mavs can handle the Jazz. Imagine Luka getting switches onto Bojan Bogdanovic or Joe Ingles. He'd play mouse in the house with Donovan Mitchell or Jordan Clarkston. Who is the Jazz best defender? Royce O'Neale? (I'm not talking about Gobert in the middle). Best perimeter defender?

Semi-worried about Utah's size like if they wanted to run Favors & Gobert at the same time. Luka should eat vs this bunch.

*Don't wanna get my cart before the horse tho. Mavs still gotta win 1 more, and I think it could go either way honestly with the way this series been going.
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#7 » by arkuo » Fri Jun 4, 2021 9:25 am

DJ_3_Ball wrote:I feel like the Mavs can handle the Jazz. Imagine Luka getting switches onto Bojan Bogdanovic or Joe Ingles. He'd play mouse in the house with Donovan Mitchell or Jordan Clarkston. Who is the Jazz best defender? Royce O'Neale? (I'm not talking about Gobert in the middle). Best perimeter defender?

Semi-worried about Utah's size like if they wanted to run Favors & Gobert at the same time. Luka should eat vs this bunch.

*Don't wanna get my cart before the horse tho. Mavs still gotta win 1 more, and I think it could go either way honestly with the way this series been going.

There's no defender that can guard Luka right now. If he can get past kawhi, he can get past anyone.

The question is more of how the Mavs can stop Mitchell if they go to the next round. Seems like the game plan of Dallas is just to outscore the opposing team, much like what they did to LAC.
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man

Post#8 » by DJ_3_Ball » Fri Jun 4, 2021 1:23 pm

arkuo wrote:The question is more of how the Mavs can stop Mitchell if they go to the next round...

That question has an easy answer. They can't. I think with Conley banged up (possibly unavailable), and outside of Clarkston the Jazz don't have anybody who can break you down off the dribble, it'll be easier to deal with just one guy going off than with Kawhi & PG putting up 25+
agentofatlas
Sixth Man
And1: 983

Post#9 » by agentofatlas » Fri Jun 4, 2021 2:16 pm

Gotta get that quick start. Hoping for a hot shooting game from the some of the players like DFS or Brunson.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,736

Post#10 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 6:12 pm

L

Serie of 7 win for away teams..
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,942

Post#11 » by ducler » Fri Jun 4, 2021 6:47 pm

Read on Twitter
djizo
Freshman
And1: 78

Post#12 » by djizo » Fri Jun 4, 2021 6:57 pm

Has any team ever won a series without winning a game at home?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,896

Post#13 » by HMFFL » Fri Jun 4, 2021 7:21 pm

Favored to win the series so let's close it out tonight. Go MAVS

Dallas Mavericks

@

Los Angeles Clippers

Money Line

Dallas -158

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
XTraderXL
Sixth Man
And1: 1,342

Post#14 » by XTraderXL » Fri Jun 4, 2021 7:40 pm

DJ_3_Ball wrote:I feel like the Mavs can handle the Jazz. Imagine Luka getting switches onto Bojan Bogdanovic or Joe Ingles. He'd play mouse in the house with Donovan Mitchell or Jordan Clarkston. Who is the Jazz best defender? Royce O'Neale? (I'm not talking about Gobert in the middle). Best perimeter defender?

I am putting my money on the Mavs if they get past Clippers. In fact I have them beating Jazz, Suns and Nuggets if Luka is healthy. They match up with all of those teams better than the Clippers and Luka is just that good.
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man

Post#15 » by DJ_3_Ball » Fri Jun 4, 2021 8:40 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:L

Serie of 7 win for away teams..

I agree with David Thorpe. Luka Doncic has now asserted himself in the same way LeBron asserted himself in the Eastern Conference for a decade plus. No easy wins vs LeBron. You're not getting a LeBron led team out in 5 games or less. You mix it up with Luka and the series is going 6 games minimum (unless he takes care of you in 5 or less).

We have LUKA. So there isn't any such thing as automatic Losses. Those are a thing of the past.
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man

Post#16 » by DJ_3_Ball » Fri Jun 4, 2021 8:42 pm

XTraderXL wrote:

I am putting my money on the Mavs if they get past Clippers. In fact I have them beating Jazz, Suns and Nuggets if Luka is healthy. They match up with all of those teams better than the Clippers and Luka is just that good.

I agree. If Mavs can get by the Clippers (and I would only say they're maybe 60/40 at this point), then I would favor them vs Utah; especially with Conley's health. The Suns concern me, but Denver doesn't.
fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Post#17 » by fuller4379 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 9:01 pm

DJ_3_Ball wrote:
XTraderXL wrote:

I agree. If Mavs can get by the Clippers (and I would only say they're maybe 60/40 at this point), then I would favor them vs Utah; especially with Conley's health. The Suns concern me, but Denver doesn't.

The problem with the Mavs is they are so heavily dependent on Luka. I can’t see him continuing at this pace for a long playoff run. He is carrying the entire team on his back this season.
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man

Post#18 » by DJ_3_Ball » Fri Jun 4, 2021 9:07 pm

fuller4379 wrote:The problem with the Mavs is they are so heavily dependent on Luka. I can’t see him continuing at this pace for a long playoff run. He is carrying the entire team on his back this season.

That's how this team is designed. I mean that's by Luka's request. I'm sure he'd LOVE for KP to contribute absolutely anything, but KP hasn't.

Let's say the Mavs had Bradley Beal on this roster. I think it's a bit foolhardy to believe they'd just work everything out. Luka's usage rate is SKY high, and I think that's going to be a problem for any #2 player. Especially a #2 who thinks he's a #1 and wants the limelight that comes with playing on a championship contender.

Maybe Luka can't handle it for a deep playoff run, but maybe that's a good thing. Or maybe Luka can handle it. Hopefully the Mavs will take care of the Clippers tonight, and we'll get to find out.

This is a very good problem to have.
Torgeir Bryn
Pro Prospect
And1: 657

Post#19 » by Torgeir Bryn » Fri Jun 4, 2021 9:47 pm

djizo wrote:Has any team ever won a series without winning a game at home?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I think the answer is no. The last time the home team lost the five first was in '95, when Houston won in 6 against the Spurs.
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,927

Post#20 » by Apz » Fri Jun 4, 2021 10:17 pm

I wasnt that worried about clippers and lakers, we usually do good against them. Same with Denver, its a good chance to win. Suns and to some extent jazz we have issues with so those 2 would be tough

Return to Dallas Mavericks